Project CARS 2 Track List Officially Unveiled

I am just wondering what the 5 layouts of Knockhill are since the rallycross track is mentioned separately :confused:

• Knockhill National
  • Knockhill Club
  • Knockhill National (R)
  • Knockhill Club (R)
  • ????
I guess the tiny tri-oval as it's on the circuit's track info page (https://www.knockhill.com/circuitmap) and I believe they did say on twitter that all their track layouts would be in PC2. :) The RX track is another track but that's listed separately on the PCARS2 forum.

So, in PCARS2 we might have not one but TWO OVALS in EUROPE! That being the 1966 classic Monza oval and the knockhill tiny tri-oval. :P

Okay after reviewing the tubes of the you, i have decided to run this track only with the karts nothing else. The size of that track is ridiculously small

In the UK we run "Stock Cars" on tiny tracks - normally 0.25 miles. Also Hot Rods - very small saloon cars converted from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive. I remember going to Odsal Stadium in Bradford to watch "Formula One Stock Cars" and that track was even smaller - just 360m. Stock Cars and Hot Rods are probably our British equivalent of NASCAR, but something got lost in translation so the stock cars aren't stock - they're more like dirt oval cars and our hot rods are tiny shopping cars!

Last edited:
It's too bad we can't get the real Suzuka, but it's understandable considering how much the track owners are charging. I have to imagine of Gran Turismo Sport will have Suzuka.

Not surprised about many of the tracks, but HISTORIC MONZA AND (especially) SPA!? That's really a big surprise! Man, I can't wait to play some Group C sportscar racing in historic tracks such as Hockenheim, Monza, Spa and Le Mans...

Will there also be the superspeedway oval for Daytona (considering we've seen the road course heavily) and vice versa (road course) for Indianapolis (oval heavily because of the Indy 500/Indycar licensing)?

It's too bad we can't get the real Suzuka, but it's understandable considering how much the track owners are charging. I have to imagine of Gran Turismo Sport will have Suzuka.

Not surprised about many of the tracks, but HISTORIC MONZA AND (especially) SPA!? That's really a big surprise! Man, I can't wait to play some Group C sportscar racing in historic tracks such as Hockenheim, Monza, Spa and Le Mans...

Will there also be the superspeedway oval for Daytona (considering we've seen the road course heavily) and vice versa (road course) for Indianapolis (oval heavily because of the Indy 500/Indycar licensing)?
Yes to Daytona oval and Indy Road.

In the UK we run "Stock Cars" on tiny tracks - normally 0.25 miles. Also Hot Rods - very small saloon cars converted from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive. I remember going to Odsal Stadium in Bradford to watch "Formula One Stock Cars" and that track was even smaller - just 360m. Stock Cars and Hot Rods are probably our British equivalent of NASCAR, but something got lost in translation so the stock cars aren't stock - they're more like dirt oval cars and our hot rods are tiny shopping cars!

At Autosport International they even race them on the stage.

And if anyone says the AI in PC2 spin out too much, show them this video for reality's sake. ;)

Do we know wich ones are scanned? are Nordschleife and/or Bathurst scanned?
The Nordschleife is laser scanned and Bathurst doesn't look to be scanned although it is fairly accurate.

EDIT: Hopefully they scan Bathurst for pCARS 3 since its my favourite track of all time. :)

Last edited:
Awesome. So much good stuff!!!

Wish list for DLC:
- Proper version of Suzuka (probably very unlikely)
- Sebring
- Circuit Paul Ricard

very good list of tracks. I hope you will add at least one short track oval (like Bristol, Dover) and australian tracks (Phillip Island, Surfer Paradise, Sandown...) in DLC.
Good job SMS

I have to imagine of Gran Turismo Sport will have Suzuka.

That would explain their short track list. ;)

Not surprised about many of the tracks, but HISTORIC MONZA AND (especially) SPA!? That's really a big surprise!

They were in PC1 for quite a while during development, but weren't finished in time in time for release and I assume they weren't the priority for DLC. That said, they were pretty far along, so it makes sense to finish them up for the sequel. If you are curious, you can find videos of both from PC1 on YouTube.

australian tracks (Phillip Island, Surfer Paradise, Sandown...) in DLC.

Yes, please. :)

They were in PC1 for quite a while during development, but weren't finished in time in time for release and I assume they weren't the priority for DLC. That said, they were pretty far along, so it makes sense to finish them up for the sequel. If you are curious, you can find videos of both from PC1 on YouTube
Compared to the versions we have now "pretty far along" would be pushing it somewhat ;) . Spa had the circuit and basic landscape done, yes, but most of the incidental details were far from complete (there were some buildings but nowhere near all of them). The classic Monza we had back then was also just the standard track, we never had the oval section open to race on. Both of these circuits have had considerable amounts of work done on them for release in pCARS2 so I, for one, am not surprised they weren't released for pCARS1, as nice as that would have been :).

More street circuits would be welcome. However, I'll take some park circuits(Albert Park, Gilles Villeneuve, Barber Motorsport Park) for now.

What else did you heard?

Shame it´s Toronto and not Montreal, which is one of the best circuits out there that still isn´t in the game.

Very true. Like Toronto though. One of the best street circuits in the world.
I'm Canadian and I should be biased in favour of those tracks but I think they both suck:scared:. Montreal always seems to be a race between chicanes to me and I'm not a fan of street circuits in general, including Toronto. Fun to hotlap but not so much fun to race on IMO. Although Toronto in particular would make a visually stunning addition to any game.

I'm Canadian and I should be biased in favour of those tracks but I think they both suck:scared:. Montreal always seems to be a race between chicanes to me and I'm not a fan of street circuits in general, including Toronto. Fun to hotlap but not so much fun to race on IMO. Although Toronto in particular would make a visually stunning addition to any game.

To be honest, the Nordschleife is a horrible track to race in, it´s mostly a hot lap track. That doesn´t make it any less interesting, and i agree that it is a must in every single game.

Monaco fits in that category as well.

Montreal has that chicane before the start finish line that makes for some interesting overtakes, but i agree with Toronto...

Compared to the versions we have now "pretty far along" would be pushing it somewhat ;) . Spa had the circuit and basic landscape done, yes, but most of the incidental details were far from complete (there were some buildings but nowhere near all of them). The classic Monza we had back then was also just the standard track, we never had the oval section open to race on. Both of these circuits have had considerable amounts of work done on them for release in pCARS2 so I, for one, am not surprised they weren't released for pCARS1, as nice as that would have been :).
Where was Memphis (Bristol Motor Speedway) on the development timeline? Do you think there's a chance it could make a DLC appearance in PCars 2?

Back