Project CARS 2 Track List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 737 comments
To me, the atmosphere of the circuits, are so much better than PC1. Zhuhai is even more awesomer. :)

Agreed. I love noticing things like the helicopter flying over or noticing birds flying in formation. The trees as well help immerse the player too.

All round quite good additions.

They still have Sonoma wrong. The real life track has a different last turn now (in all series), the run up to Turn 7 uses the drag straight now instead of kinking to the left, which also ends with a tight hairpin, and lastly IndyCar uses this same setup but adds the chicane on the back esses.

They still have Sonoma wrong. The real life track has a different last turn now (in all series), the run up to Turn 7 uses the drag straight now instead of kinking to the left, which also ends with a tight hairpin, and lastly IndyCar uses this same setup but adds the chicane on the back esses.
It's the same as PC1 and is the old circuit. Ian says Sonoma is their worst and I think updating/doing it properly will help.

I remember that, but I guess they didn't touch it at all. I mean the area is already mapped out, just changed the boundaries right?

Would love to see this new circuit, just opened this year. Area 27.

http://www.area27.ca/

The ribbon of Tarmac is down, and open, but infrastructure is missing still. If the track were added, it could be an opportunity for the circuit to use a game like PCARS to make a working model of what the facilities might end up looking like.

Here's some onboard laps in a 918

It's in the heart of wine country too.

Edit:
Here's a newer video, things looking a little greener :P

Last edited:
Is the Sampala Ice Circuit on console? I can't seem to find it on XB1

edit: I found it only after selecting the Motorsports Preset to Rallycross, seems to be the only track not available in Free Practice though :/

Last edited:
Bangsaen, Thailand

Pau, France

Potrero de Los Funes, Argentina

Vila Real, Portugal

More people should know about these circuits, they're amazing!

From the way the Q&A went here when Ian and The_American were very active, it seemed like they plan on including more classic versions of tracks.

I picked up PCars1 later after all DLC released, but what was the order of Silverstone, Hockenheimring, and Rouen coming out? Did any of them come with the game on release?

Le Mans Classic is confirmed for future DLC. I feel like they're gonna add a few more further down the line. Maybe the old Red Bull Ring, or the original Monaco layout. THAT would be amazing. But then we'd need some 1950s Formula 1 cars.

From the way the Q&A went here when Ian and The_American were very active, it seemed like they plan on including more classic versions of tracks.

I picked up PCars1 later after all DLC released, but what was the order of Silverstone, Hockenheimring, and Rouen coming out? Did any of them come with the game on release?

Le Mans Classic is confirmed for future DLC. I feel like they're gonna add a few more further down the line. Maybe the old Red Bull Ring, or the original Monaco layout. THAT would be amazing. But then we'd need some 1950s Formula 1 cars.
I think Rouen was first, Hockenheim last...not sure though.

As for more classic tracks, how about classics of some of the ones we already have??

Classic Oulton Park with no chicanes!! I do it in free run all the time, just push the barriers aside :)

Classic Watkins Glen, same layout as now, but no bus stop chicane. Much more realistic for the Group C cars.

I would loved if someone made The new Bend Motorsport Park tracks for Project Cars 2 for a dlc as I from Adelaide which I would loved to see in it.
There need to be more tracks from Australia and New Zealand in the game since there 2 so far

I would loved if someone made The new Bend Motorsport Park tracks for Project Cars 2 for a dlc as I from Adelaide which I would loved to see in it.
There need to be more tracks from Australia and New Zealand in the game since there 2 so far
Adelaide, Philip Island, Sidney Motorsport park, Barbagello, Pukekohe, Highlands Raceway....so many good tracks down under!

Philip Island would be cool, a bit like coming full circle back to Namco's last Gran Turismo challenger, R: Racing Evolution, the only game in which I've driven that track. :)

All the rallycross tracks, Knockhill, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Oschersleben, Zolder, Mojave, Bannochbrae, Willow Springs Horse Thief, Rouen Les Essarts Short. :cheers:

I can also add to this.

All shorter variants of tracks like: Monza, Hokenheim, Red Bull Ring etc.

What are some good tracks for the low powered cars?

Just to add to what has already been said - all the Sakitto short variants are excellent with the lower powered cars and the Sprint version is excellent with both low and medium speed cars.

Going back to great Australian and new Zealand tracks - I would second Phillip Island which is a lovely, fast, flowing and undulating track not spoilt by the huge run off areas of some modern tracks.

The classic track which I would most like to see added is Longford, Tasmania which was used for the Tasman series, sports cars and saloons - almost all the great drivers in the world raced at this track in the 60's and "enjoyed" its long wooden bridge with a bend in the middle, chicane through a brick railway arch and many other challenging and sense of speed inducing challenges. Here's a couple of clips for people who have the time - first the legendary driver Frank Gardner talks about the old days at Longford and the superb film - "Long Weekend at Longford" which tells the story of a race weekend in 1964.

I like Hockenheim Short too; I almost never use the longer variants because the rest of the track is pretty dull. And I really enjoy Sakitto International with its crest and unsettled downhill braking zone into the first chicane. Very dynamic. :)

Just had a flashback to some images we saw if Daytona beach pre-release, I'm sure that will be involved in DLC somewhere down the line.

Would love if we could get Kyalami Track, Johannesburg, South Africa. Used to be part of the F1 calendar back in the early 90's and it's gotten a complete revamp lately with talk of adding it back onto the F1 calendar. Was bought by Porsche as well.

it's a great track!

Yes, it is. Global Touring Cars still race on that track. Watched it a few months ago. Would make a nice addition.

Back