Project Cars 2 v1.4 Update Now Available on PC — Consoles Coming Soon

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 217 comments
91/75, but that shouldn't turn my autopilot to destruction derby pingpong flipper driver, or should it? :lol:

It shouldn't. Bummer that it did. I watched you race and you sure did a damn good job negotiating the track nevertheless though.

**** yeaaaahhhhhhhhhh!
images

All the things that are really important to me:

-Added name of tyres on the car within the pre-race menu. (hopefully it doesn't just say Automatic by Weather for cars with that setting)
-Resolved changes of Helmet Camera settings not saving properly via the Pause Menu Options. (finally!)
-Added a central cockpit camera to cars and the options screen. (your PC1 "GoPro" camera is back)
-Ferrari 333SP: small balance of performance changes to fit with other LMP900 cars. Fixed final drive ratios and improved AI gear usage. (It can now reach top speed and use top gear)
-Formula C and Formula R: revised tyres, engine braking, and damper setup for better stability and easier driveability. Revised Stable setups. Adjusted FFB for changes to tyres. Fixed rain tyre being faster than the slick.
-Formula Cars: decreased sensitivity to aero and suspension damage.
-LMP2 cars: gave approx’ 50hp power increase to get them closer to real-world lap times, and adjusted radiator sizes to suit. (Should be a bit more than 50 but it's something. Real life they're ~600HP now)
-GT3 Soft Slicks: tweaks to temperature operating window to broaden their range, mainly fixing their poor performance in cold conditions. (I think we all noticed this one)
-Driver helmet now correctly shown in Helmet View camera. (Didn't know what was wrong but I'm curious to see how it changed)
-Improvements to the cut-track penalty system now takes into account crashed, pitted, and other class opponents in timed races.
-Fixed an issue where a player would incorrectly receive a time penalty when hit by another player during the formation lap. (no more stupid frustration there)
-Pretty much everything under the AI section.

An 11gb update. That is crazy. Do we have new tracks ? Do we have lots of new cars ? if not then its taking the pee, kiss goodbye to any spare space on your hard drive. 11gb's worth of code tweaking, iam lost for words sms !

An 11gb update. That is crazy. Do we have new tracks ? Do we have lots of new cars ? if not then its taking the pee, kiss goodbye to any spare space on your hard drive. 11gb's worth of code tweaking, iam lost for words sms !

It can also be replacing existing files instead of only new files. So it might not just be 11 GB in addition to your installed files.

Argh I just went home for lunch but didn't think to check! PS4 not in rest mode either. Didn't expect it to drop on a Friday but glad it has.

-LMP2 cars: gave approx’ 50hp power increase to get them closer to real-world lap times, and adjusted radiator sizes to suit. (Should be a bit more than 50 but it's something. Real life they're ~600HP now)
Yea not really... Here's the new numbers

Honda Ligier - 480HP - 2094 lbs
Judd Ligier - 460HP - 1984lbs
Nissan Ligier - 465HP - 1984lbs
Oreca Nissan - 465HP - 1984lbs
RWD P20 - 465HP - 1984lbs
Marek RP 219D - 460HP - 1984lbs

So what's up with that? Weren't they all already 460 or 465 HP? They should be up at 510 or 510 now

So what's up with that? Weren't they all already 460 or 465 HP? They should be up at 510 or 510 now
I have a feeling the HUD numbers didn't update. I'll have a look in game.

i think they are still really slow vs gte. frustrating trying to have them go around you for blue flags

After having a drive in game, I get 529 in the Honda Ligier.
515 before it drops in the Oreca Nissan. So it's not updated in the game menus but it is on track.Now an LMP2-LMP3-GT3-GT4 "24H Series" style race can be more fun

I'm surprised they did nothing with the Lotus 51 setups. It's incredibly unstable off-throttle turn in.

Hi,

tire pressure on HUD is broken since the patch. It always shows "1 bar" for all four tires. Pre-patch it works well....

D.

Back