Project Cars 2 v1.4 Update Now Available on PC — Consoles Coming Soon

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 217 comments
Did the graphics in this game improve at all since the beginning? I bought this game when it was released and the graphics on the PS4 Pro was so bad, I had to take the game back. I wasn't expecting the graphics to look anything close to GT Sport but man, it was really grainy. I am wondering if the graphics improve after this update because I might buy the game again. :lol:
Graphics are improved quite a bit not PCars1 level but defo quite a bit better than at launch.

OK, so one race circuit doesn't make a summer but the Ligier Nissan is good for 1m34.7 laps at Daytona, whilst the Honda version is doing 1m35 laps, both of which are just under 2 seconds a lap quicker compared to Patch 3. By comparison, I'm doing 1m41 laps in some of the GTE cars, so that's a good difference in performance there.
Yeah now that I think about it, they were lapping me after maybe 15 laps of le mans. I guess since they don't just blow by the way lmp1 does, I may just be struggling with letting them pass

Did the graphics in this game improve at all since the beginning? I bought this game when it was released and the graphics on the PS4 Pro was so bad, I had to take the game back. I wasn't expecting the graphics to look anything close to GT Sport but man, it was really grainy. I am wondering if the graphics improve after this update because I might buy the game again. :lol:

¿Bad Graphics?
Taken from my ps4

GT sport is still a little better in graphics, but it does not handle physical complexities as it does Project Cars 2, the driving is simple and boring, it does not have climatic changes or day transitions, the AI is pure garbage and it only has 19 circuits unlike the 60 of project cars, for these reasons it looks better. And a question, in a car game, what is more important? The driving and content? Or just graphics?...

My game is working perfectly, but Photomode is worse! Some of the options have just disappeared!!! :banghead:

Yep most of my settings are all locked out after the update (2nd page of options in photomode). A a few jaggies are still there, and you still can not focus on a car at all (it seems blurred on all settings) if you use replay>photo mode and not pausing in game? :((

This game and NFS Payback seem to have gone a little step back in the detailed graphics/photo modes on the PS4 Pro 4K sequels to give more content to the user which I understand. Maybe there is a compromise and some content has to be dropped if the graphics are taking a hit.

P.S All patch notes can be found by clicking options on the main PS4 menu over the game and selecting Update History/details. They have detailed everything! :)

Still not fixed the bug where you will win a career championship, but the game will state otherwise and you can't progress to the next?

I didn't see it in the patch notes.

Epic patch notes :D Saturday Drive Fever! :)

Would like to see something like this at a gt-s update but sadly they just change things and dont tell us :/
Its always a little treasure hunt but kind of fun if u explore changed stuff LOL

Graphics are improved quite a bit not PCars1 level but defo quite a bit better than at launch.

Sometimes i really dont understand you people. I played PCars 1 a couple of weeks before the launch of PCars 2 on my PS4 and i was surprised how poor it looked. PCars 2 on the other hand looked nice right from the start, with improved resolution, nice HDR and better frame rates on PS4 Pro. Im sure you guys rely too much on your memory of PCars 1. Go ahead and do a 1:1 comparsion. No way it looks better then PCars 2 on a 4K TV.

Sometimes i really dont understand you people. I played PCars 1 a couple of weeks before the launch of PCars 2 on my PS4 and i was surprised how poor it looked. PCars 2 on the other hand looked nice right from the start, with improved resolution, nice HDR and better frame rates on PS4 Pro. Im sure you guys rely too much on your memory of PCars 1. Go ahead and do a 1:1 comparsion. No way it looks better then PCars 2 on a 4K TV.
Everything looks better in pCARS2 apart from the anti aliasing, but sacrifices had to be made for Livetrack etc. Regular PS4 user.

They have made improvements to the looks in every patch so far, not that it ever looked that bad.

Yep most of my settings are all locked out after the update (2nd page of options in photomode). A a few jaggies are still there, and you still can not focus on a car at all (it seems blurred on all settings) if you use replay>photo mode and not pausing in game? :((
These were taken last night from a replay.

M7y5pjt.jpg

LDRUUG6.jpg

And this was taken at the start of the month from a replay

H0D1hdH.jpg

So it is possible to focus on the car during replay, it does still however glitch out and stop doing so at times, however that is a lot less post 4.0.

If the car is moving and you are at an angle (and the closer to 90 degrees from the front the more you need this) try turning the the tracking value up.

Last edited:
Someone know if the driver animation is 60fps on pc version or 30fps like on ps4?

edit: found it out by myself, its on sale at steam^^ 60fps driver animation on pc version.

Last edited:
I don't see a bit of improvement in DS4 steering!

They have only added some new assist - not interested, driving without in all games.

Here is problem that is consoles primary controller, DS4, basically unsupported!

Like I'm driving boats in disturbed sea...

I don't see a bit of improvement in DS4 steering!

They have only added some new assist - not interested, driving without in all games.

Here is problem that is consoles primary controller, DS4, basically unsupported!

Like I'm driving boats in disturbed sea...
I run a full rig and still use aids when its realistic for the car.

I must confess to never understanding the need to go 'no aids ever' when in reality they are used and drivers in those series don;t switch them off.

Why not give the new aid a go, its not as if you can't switch it back off if its not for you. I would also try @Wolfe DS4 settings as he gets along well with PC2 and a gamepad.

Nice update
Just try the online yet for 2/3 hours and 0 disconnetts but joint or leave the lobby is not perfect yet
Some minor break but not disturbing

I must confess to never understanding the need to go 'no aids ever' when in reality they are used and drivers in those series don;t switch them off.

Why not give the new aid a go, its not as if you can't switch it back off if its not for you. I would also try @Wolfe DS4 settings as he gets along well with PC2 and a gamepad.

Already tried his, from others in that and all other threads on this forum, on other forums, YouTube, FL and my own variations - and nothing!

It's simple, it is, or it's not default "supported".

Playing racing games from GT1 days, to GTR 2, rFactor, RBR, TOCAs, CMs, Dirts, GRIDs, WRCs, F1s, Moto GPs, NFSs to DC, FMs, FH3...to AC, PC1, GT5P, 5, 6, S, FM5, 6, 7 (smooth with manual clutch!)...

No single game, including original pCars, was so hard to drive with gamepad.

It's only up to developers.

Where can I find those settings? Would like to give them a try.

So the update downloaded yay I read patch notes wow changes a lot and guess what it crashes. Shows me fun pack is out which I have and then the famous ce 3 blah blah error code and that’s it. Tried like 5 times. I’m on there discord devs know about it. Oh well not like I’m short on racing game :)

From reading the public forum, it seems Assetto Corsa had a similar problem earlier in the week with their PS4 update. I have no idea where the fault lies with this problem but it "might" be out of SMS' control. Keep an eye on the public forum and Discord as I'm sure the solution will pop up there as soon as it's established :). Obviously very frustrating for those that have been affected by it :(.

¿Bad Graphics?
Taken from my ps4
Using photo mode in racing games to convince us the graphics are amazing is a bit like Obama saying he was going to make the world a better place which of course turns out to be a pure lie like the majority of politicians. Just tell the truth the graphics do not look like that when racing.

Its already been done and exact same screens have been took of each game and Pcars1 looks quite a bit better. Pcars 2 biggest problem is the awful AA, agressive LOD changes and the weirdskyboxes at dusk n dawn that seem to be full of squares and artifacts.

Somebody has posted, on the public forum, that launching the game with LAN (and WLAN) disabled, to start in offline mode, has allowed the game to launch. If those struggling with the CE error code want to give that a try. I guess that, once launched, you can then re-connect but that's not mentioned. I don't have a PS4 so I can't test this out, sorry :embarrassed:.

¿Bad Graphics?
Taken from my ps4

GT sport is still a little better in graphics, but it does not handle physical complexities as it does Project Cars 2, the driving is simple and boring, it does not have climatic changes or day transitions, the AI is pure garbage and it only has 19 circuits unlike the 60 of project cars, for these reasons it looks better. And a question, in a car game, what is more important? The driving and content? Or just graphics?...

Not even close to GTS in terms of graphics. I own PC2 on PC, which obviously looks better than PS4 and GT destroys it graphically. No contest.

Not even close to GTS in terms of graphics. I own PC2 on PC, which obviously looks better than PS4 and GT destroys it graphically. No contest.
It doesnt need to look as good as GTS though.

Look its a decent looking racer on the PS4 Pro not great and not awful and its improved since launch lets leave it at that before more photomode pics pop up.

For some reason my post processing effects had been turned off. I turned them on again and some of the Photomode options returned.
But right now it's looking like this:
1518880791444290017385.jpg

Only three working sliders.

Back