Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments
Great vid, but my OCD keeps kicking in :grumpy:. With so much rain and using a helmet cam the least the could do was reduce visibility to match. Then to add some icing on the cake, have an action button to use the tearoffs (or just have it automatically done after "x" amount time).

Anyways back to my fidget spinner :dopey:
PCARS 3 :)

I'd say that's the best video os LiveTrack I've seen so far. You can see the dryer areas easily, the areas where you'll aquaplane and he slid off the road on 1 or 2 occasions and had to catch the car on others. You see the AI making mistakes. All around a new circuit in Sugo.

At this point in the video I'm saying to myself, "keep to the left, there's a big puddle on the right side of the track!". :lol: Oops!

It's a whole new level of both immersion and track knowledge to play a game with dynamic weather like this and have to memorize where the water accumulates on the track and at what points the puddles will affect your car enough to have to worry about them. I'll be curious to really give the rain tires a workout and see how they are affected by overheating on a drying track and whether or not running through the wetter parts of the track on the lap before pitting will help to cool them off.

Great vid, but my OCD keeps kicking in :grumpy:. With so much rain and using a helmet cam the least the could do was reduce visibility to match. Then to add some icing on the cake, have an action button to use the tearoffs (or just have it automatically done after "x" amount time).

Anyways back to my fidget spinner :dopey:
The rain effect on the camera or helmet can be toggled on and off I believe. Tearoffs would be a nice touch that's for sure.

I'd say that's the best video os LiveTrack I've seen so far. You can see the dryer areas easily, the areas where you'll aquaplane and he slid off the road on 1 or 2 occasions and had to catch the car on others. You see the AI making mistakes. All around a new circuit in Sugo.

And the active cool down lap ;) Man, I was always so excited for this game but after that video I just want it now, I've already pre-ordered, can't you just sneak me an early copy @IanBell @The_American ? ;)

At this point in the video I'm saying to myself, "keep to the left, there's a big puddle on the right side of the track!". :lol: Oops!

It's a whole new level of both immersion and track knowledge to play a game with dynamic weather like this and have to memorize where the water accumulates on the track and at what points the puddles will affect your car enough to have to worry about them. I'll be curious to really give the rain tires a workout and see how they are affected by overheating on a drying track and whether or not running through the wetter parts of the track on the lap before pitting will help to cool them off.

The rain effect on the camera or helmet can be toggled on and off I believe. Tearoffs would be a nice touch that's for sure.

Join the club. He did the same thing on the cooldown lap and I'm surprised they didn't learn.

Absolutely. I'd say this is an important aspect of rain driving. If you know where the puddles form and avoid them, you'll lose out less and have fewer chances of incident.

Livetrack looks awesome in this video but i don't like the AI behaviour. I mean, i like that they make mistakes but i think they spin way too much here... Hope that SMS improves the AI before release.

That BAC Mono video, for me, is the best PCars 2 video yet - it shows LiveTrack 3.0 in it's full glory, it shows how you have to fight the car in the wet. It also shows the AI slipping around and spinning although, as @IanBell has said in the past, there is obviously some balancing still left to fine tune.

A question for @IanBell , on that video there is a section with a very large puddle of standing water - how dynamic is this? For example, if I was to do a race on that track in the rain, would that puddle form each time or is is more random?

That BAC Mono video, for me, is the best PCars 2 video yet - it shows LiveTrack 3.0 in it's full glory, it shows how you have to fight the car in the wet. It also shows the AI slipping around and spinning although, as @IanBell has said in the past, there is obviously some balancing still left to fine tune.

A question for @IanBell , on that video there is a section with a very large puddle of standing water - how dynamic is this? For example, if I was to do a race on that track in the rain, would that puddle form each time or is is more random?
I'm fairly sure it would form there every time because it's a track specific thing but I'm not entirely familiar with Sugo.

There is different seeds in this video which appear to have puddles forming in slightly different locations for each one.

The same guy who posted the Bac mono vid has some other old videos of Project cars 2, you can see all the new GT3 cars in the vid, the Lambo, Ferrari, Nissan, and even the Renault RS1 GT3 version.

Lambo with a Gulf livery, pause at 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Nor should it be random. The track features are very much static so puddle formation should almost be the same every time.
Agreed. Excluding varying rain patterns where the rain starts falling on a different area first of course.

The same guy who posted the Bac mono vid has some other old videos of Project cars 2, you can see all the new GT3 cars in the vid, the Lambo, Ferrari, Nissan, and even the Renault RS1 GT3 version.

I think that might be a mod.

EDIT: It is a mod. He provides a link in the description.

The LT30.0 is completely dinamic and the water flows, evaporates, stagnates, saturate, is absorbed...

There's more to it btw, I'm just refering to the water on the track ;)

/edit

I think I'm not explaining myself right. I'm describing water properties... track or not :) )

The LT30.0 is completely dinamic and the water flows, evaporates, stagnates, saturate, is absorbed...

There's more to it btw, I'm just refering to the water on the track ;)

/edit

I think I'm not explaining myself right. I'm describing water properties... track or not :) )
Still applies to LiveTrack 3.0.

Well.. LT30.0 is a typo :P :)

I'm just reinforcing the fact because I've cross read some posts about teh water in the same places and all.

So, with all that properties one can assum it tends to behave teh same accordingly and the tracks being a static thing, if there's a hole the water will stay there.. until it fill but the hole itself won't more.

So, not random. Proper fluid dynamics.

I think I saw a Marshall waving a yellow flag at the 3:24 mark.

Try this to cool the tyres off :sly:

Agreed. Excluding varying rain patterns where the rain starts falling on a different area first of course.

I think that might be a mod.

EDIT: It is a mod. He provides a link in the description.
Thank god. That 2nd video had horrendous audio of the cars driving by.

Thought there's no way SMS produced that.

Back