Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments

I really think that someone who is into controller racing in PCars should set up a dedicated thread to showcase this video and others like it, along with any developments or information released surrounding controller gameplay. It might even be the number one issue for PCars2 potential customers and really deserves a spotlight to show how much work it appears has been done in this area of deep concern.

The car looks like a lot of fun, and so does the track, but the replay isn't the best because of all the stuttering. I assume it's just the uploader's hardware, but still not ideal.

The car looks like a lot of fun, and so does the track, but the replay isn't the best because of all the stuttering. I assume it's just the uploader's hardware, but still not ideal.
It looked like it was understeering like a barge to me. The stuttering was awful, can't believe they approved that for release which makes me think they didn't.

Yeah I noticed this as well. Its not like the other videos we have seen recently, not sure if its to do with the driver having most of the aids turned on or what.
The ABS and TC were both on - you can see them flashing in the HUD from time to time. I assume the default setup isn't great but these things can be tweaked no probs.

The audio is lacking in the replay. The engine sound doesn't change with the change in the direction. There seems to be zero doppler effect. I know it's an "early build" but I'm not expecting much more than what's here.

If the phyisics are as good as people are saying I'll be as happy as a pig in #@$#.

At least seems like the stuttering that we had in pCARS 1 replays is gone (seems like an upload issue). But otherwise replay looks very much the same as before.

The ABS and TC were both on - you can see them flashing in the HUD from time to time. I assume the default setup isn't great but these things can be tweaked no probs.
ABS and TC don't make a car understeer though.

Someone's leaving WMD right about now, I guess. But good news: I'd offer myself as a very dedicated replacement. :)

giphy (1).gif

All the videos I've seen recently I've been really impressed with the audio and sounding even better than r3e imo. Only really the tyre noise I'm not so sure about not sure if it's the volume of it or the tone of it.
Some are quite good but this one is kinda bland and quiet, just like the R32 shown in another video. I know It's all WIP, but I'm not holding my breath for big improvements. Just my opinion, of course.

That BAC Mono video, for me, is the best PCars 2 video yet - it shows LiveTrack 3.0 in it's full glory, it shows how you have to fight the car in the wet. It also shows the AI slipping around and spinning although, as @IanBell has said in the past, there is obviously some balancing still left to fine tune.

A question for @IanBell , on that video there is a section with a very large puddle of standing water - how dynamic is this? For example, if I was to do a race on that track in the rain, would that puddle form each time or is is more random?

Since puddles tend to form in low spots on any surface in real life, I would expect to see a puddle form in that location every time. How big and how deep will depend on the amount of rain fall.

I missed the video. :(
You didn't miss much. I thought the car sounded decent but not as violent as the real car. It seemed to be understeering quite a bit but who knows what the tune was, the driving conditions etc. The video was pretty stuttery too, especially from the external cameras.

Not very useful, but I guess this must be PS4 footage?

No, PS4 looks MUCH better than that and runs at 60 FPS. That's the worst re-uploaded, multiple times compressed, PC footage I've ever seen. I mean it couldn't be worse if Bandai Namco tried to make it worse. All of that footage is from the E3 videos that have been shown already (and they don't look like that...). Sigh...

No, PS4 looks MUCH better than that and runs at 60 FPS. That's the worst re-uploaded, multiple times compressed, PC footage I've ever seen. I mean it couldn't be worse if Bandai Namco tried to make it worse. All of that footage is from the E3 videos that have been shown already (and they don't look like that...). Sigh...
It was from a livestream by Bandai US about 12 hours ago with the Worst Driver...In the World. They had a giveaway of a Logitech Headset and a PC2 hat and t-shirt. Looks like the same E3 build in terms of combinations.

Back