Project CARS 3 bug reports

• Thread starter breyzipp
  • 167 comments
PS4 standard. When showing the previous day's Rivals result, the Rank is often wrong. Here is an example captured today, showing yesterday's result Rank as Lower 50%, when it should be Top 20%.

PC3 - Rank wrong.jpg

Last edited:
PS4 standard. The DR and SR graphs in the driver profile are incorrect, showing ratings of 100 and A respectively, for the full time series, when DR has been increasing steadily to the current 64 and SR has been at C throughout.

PC3 - DR wrong.jpg
PC3 - SR wrong.jpg

Last edited:
PS4 standard. Building on post 151 above, another instance where the previous day's Rivals result Rank is wrong; today's points allocation shows yesterday's result Rank as Lower 35%, when it should be Top 10%.

PC3 - Rank wrong.jpg
PC3 - Rank wrongb.jpg

Last edited:
PS4 standard. After each attempt of a Rivals event, a number of accolade statuses are displayed. Often these are incorrect. Here are two examples captured today:

1) The Accolade "Oulton Park Master" will be complete at 15, not 11.
2) The Accolade "Imola Champion" will be complete at 3, not 1.

2a) Incidentally, more or less every day during the Rivals events, the Accolades for "Imola Champion" and "Hardened Racer" are displayed at some point, despite them being irrelevant to Rivals events; it is not possible to add to Imola wins or race event wins during a Rivals event.

PC3 - Accolades complete when not.jpg

PC3 - Accolades complete when not b.jpg

That is partly why I started reporting these @IfAndOr; the more of us that point out issues, big or small, the better.

If the developers (or whomever is in charge of resolving issues) do not know about type and frequency of issues, they cannot prioritise and fix them.

I report them here (given the bigger audience and hoping to encourage others to report too) on the official PC3 forum and the support section of the PC3 website.

PS4 regular

I bought the LMP-GT 1998 Toyota GT-One. I bought a setup slot, went into the settings and everything is grayed out. I can adjust absolutely nothing, not even tire pressures. Changing between Balanced, High Grip, and High Speed doesn't make any difference either. I've tried exiting out of the session and going back in, didn't fix it.

Can anybody confirm? Or is it somehow just me? I've experienced some glitchiness in the setup menu before, so it's possible that I go and try it again tomorrow and it will have fixed itself.

Last edited:
and everything is grayed out.
I know that can be the case with road cars. You have to upgrade various parts first to unlock their adjustable settings. Now you wouldn't think this would be the case with a race car that should have most things adjustable when purchased - but perhaps it is. Try having a look at the upgrades to see what they say.

I know that can be the case with road cars. You have to upgrade various parts first to unlock their adjustable settings. Now you wouldn't think this would be the case with a race car that should have most things adjustable when purchased - but perhaps it is. Try having a look at the upgrades to see what they say.
I can't, the car is not upgradeable. I tried it again today, and everything is still grayed out.

Last edited:
I can't, the car is not upgradeable. I tried it again today, and everything is still grayed out.
I bought the 1998 Toyota GT-One when it was on sale yesterday and it's the same for me too :confused:. I tried buying the '86 Lotus 98T on today's sale to see if that was the same, as it's non-upgradeable as well, but that works fine. I just bought the tuning slot as per normal and nothing is greyed out.

Edit: On PS5

Last edited:
I bought the 1998 Toyota GT-One when it was on sale yesterday and it's the same for me too :confused:. I tried buying the '86 Lotus 98T on today's sale to see if that was the same, as it's non-upgradeable as well, but that works fine. I just bought the tuning slot as per normal and nothing is greyed out.

Edit: On PS5

Another person on the official PCARS forum confirmed he has the same issue with the same car. But someone also on that forum said it works fine for him.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with buying it while it was on sale. Maybe there is something in the code that differentiates the one bought on sale and the one bought in the regular menu that unintentionally causes this bug.

Last edited:
Another person on the official PCARS forum confirmed he has the same issue with the same car. But someone also on that forum said it works fine for him.
Were they all using a PlayStation? Just a thought, but could this randomness be related to a specific console brand (Sony) and okay on other platforms?

Were they all using a PlayStation? Just a thought, but could this randomness be related to a specific console brand (Sony) and okay on other platforms?

The person that said he had the same issue was on PS4. The person that said it was fine tried it on both PS4 and PS5.

The person that said he had the same issue was on PS4. The person that said it was fine tried it on both PS4 and PS5.
Well there goes that theory :(. It also makes the issue worse because now it's even more random.

Well there goes that theory :(. It also makes the issue worse because now it's even more random.
The person on the other forum that had the same issue sold the one he bought on sale and bought one from the regular menu and still has the same issue.

EDIT: The guy on the other forum that said it worked fine for him just tried it again, and now he has the same issue. So it could be a recent thing that caused the bug.

Last edited:
I decided to give the '86 Lotus 98T a run round Daytona today but on lap 14 of 20 in custom race the game froze. Also the Monthly Rivals leader border seems a bit whacked out with people scoring way more than what's possible. Does anyone know what the deal is? Has this stuff been broken for ages or is just for me?

Last edited:
Xbox One X. Doing a 30 lap race around Daytona Tri-Oval, the game ends up freezing rather consistently at some point at lap 28/30. I've tried this kind of setup 3 times, and each time it'll freeze on lap 28, though at different parts of the track (I've had it once at the exit of Turn 2, once on the backstretch, and once before the start/finish line to start lap 29). It doesn't seem to be a full crash, since I can still access the Xbox Home menu and quit the game that way, but it's still fairly frustrating.

Back