Project CARS 3 bug reports

• Thread starter breyzipp
  • 167 comments
Guess they've given up on patching this game. Oh well we got ONE big patch XD great work SMS

I'm assuming that the patch might be released along with the first DLC (maybe?). But no info as yet and it is not right to ask on the official Discord at the moment...

Screenshot_20201023-115634~2.png

Screenshot_20201023-115647~2.png

... let's hope that @FernandoM76 will have a good day soon and will give us some teaser :sly:

I'm assuming that the patch might be released along with the first DLC (maybe?). But no info as yet and it is not right to ask on the official Discord at the moment...

View attachment 966727
View attachment 966728

... let's hope that @FernandoM76 will have a good day soon and will give us some teaser :sly:
If this wasent SMS I would assume this is a joke but..... The SMS staff have massive sticks up there asses.

Honestly, I can't entirely blame them for losing patience over a format so terrible for this kind of communication, but...they're the ones who decided to jump on the irrational Discord bandwagon.

I still don't get it. What's driving people to use a chat program designed for multiplayer gaming in place of forums? I got roped into Discord like this once, and I found it awful for conversing long term and catching up with discussions. I would only use it for live chat.

Honestly, I can't entirely blame them for losing patience over a format so terrible for this kind of communication, but...they're the ones who decided to jump on the irrational Discord bandwagon.

I still don't get it. What's driving people to use a chat program designed for multiplayer gaming in place of forums? I got roped into Discord like this once, and I found it awful for conversing long term and catching up with discussions. I would only use it for live chat.

Totally agree!

I was trying to find something from few weeks ago on this discussion - I had to gave up on this...

Right now we have new people coming there every day asking for a patch and they have no clue that the mods have already replied a week ago that the patch "will be ready when it will be ready" or similar...

Keep in mind guys the "offical" forum now has 48 pages of bug reports that go unanswered.
FYI, just because a thread doesn't have responses doesn't mean those bugs aren't being worked on.

The developers don't need to "check in" whenever a report is posted, they just need to find and resolve all the bugs they can :)

I have a Project Cars 3 Bug. When i start up the game, its stays on the Project Cars 3 Introduction Display. I try again and again and finally it starts. Second Bug is sometimes the Rivals Events dont load so got to uninstall and reinstall and it then shows up. This is digital version.

FYI, just because a thread doesn't have responses doesn't mean those bugs aren't being worked on.

The developers don't need to "check in" whenever a report is posted, they just need to find and resolve all the bugs they can :)
The idea of Digital Games is that all bugs and faults are recognised as saves are online based. They will see the bugs, but some bugs need to be fixed from the base of the game. While there they should add the controller handling to Project Cars 1 and maybe merge Project Cars 3 into Project Cars 1 and have one for controllers and Project Cars 2 for the hardcore Sim Racers. One game for each player. Would never have to buy gran turismo again then lol

I might of found a glitch, no sure if it has been mentioned before but I found a way to play pace setter in custom events So you can get XP for practice.
I looked at the new daily rivals for today which was a pace setter, then I went to change vehicle and changed the colour of the car after that I backed out to the main menu and into custom events and the car and track from the rivals was there. It showed as a 3 lap race with 0 opponents, the loading screen said pace setter and it was a standing start.

. Second Bug is sometimes the Rivals Events dont load so got to uninstall and reinstall and it then shows up. This is digital version.
This one's not really a bug, just a delay in refreshing the events, don;t go straight into they when you fire PC3 up and give it a few minutes, that normally gives them time to refresh and you should be able to access them.

I wasn't getting this before, but the game is now crashing frequently with PS4 code CE-34878-0. It seems to occur with restarts or when timers expire (eg. Breakout). Sometimes, it will then hang on the splash screen when you attempt to reboot the game.

Last edited:
You're not alone on that, @Wolfe. I got the game just before Christmas and get that error and blue screen regularly. In line with your experience, it is typically at the end of an event; either when the clock stops in a breakout, or when I cross the line in a Rivals event. I have reported it.

Re hanging; if you wait long enough (which is sometimes very, very long) it does finally restart, but I've found when it appears to hang on the splash screen, if I then open another game (without waiting for it to open; just get the 'you have to close PC3 to open new game' message) and a few seconds later open PC3 again, it seems to open more quickly.

@Wolfe @half_sourly Have you delete your game saves? As ghost saves. Its might that your game saves had taken all the space that PS4 gives it. I do delete all the ghost save regularly time to time.

I have the same crashing issues. I deleted my ghost saves (which are surprisingly small), and it didn't improve.

Well, I had 700MB of ghosts to delete that I've never seen or used. Solution or not, I don't need that on my space-starved 500GB PS4. Time will tell.

Well, I had 700MB of ghosts to delete that I've never seen or used. Solution or not, I don't need that on my space-starved 500GB PS4. Time will tell.
I think I had 400-500MB. But each ghost file is like 4MB. You've never seen or used them because they are automatically saved when you do rivals events. Those ghost files are the ghosts from the Rivals events.

@Awong124 -- Can't be Rivals because I've never done one, because I don't have PS Plus (which shouldn't be required for such a mode).

Maybe I have ghosts turned off and forgot, but what I meant is I haven't seen one in Hot Lap events or practice. Just something to double-check later.

I think game save your every event as ghost file every time when you have opportunity to save replay on event you had run.

So another 2 months til we get a patch? You gotta love how they only bother to poop one out alongside the PAID dlc.

No luck with deleting ghosts to solve the crashes. Predictably, it just crashed upon the end of a Breakout event. So at least it is easy to reproduce.

Latest Posts

Back