Project CARS 3 Developer Blog Explains New Tire Physics, Confirms Pit Stops Are History

lol ok off topic break let's go. You two pals tell me anything good out of the sequels other than the character of Kylo Ren and the two throne scenes in the last jedi.

On topic now. It is time for sms to release more gameplay videos and/or some informative ones about the new features such as car parts and all that.

Why do I need to justify liking something you dont? I enjoyed the entire plot arc of the sequels, the films were enjoyable for me with lots of memorable moments throughout, TROS was fantastic and made up for the slight lack of pacing in the TLJ and did a good job of tying up some plot points with a thoroughly exciting conclusion.

I dont think we'll hear about the car parts until the car list arrives at least. Which apparently will be around 3 weeks time.

Why so defensive man. I wasn't asking you for justifying that you like those movies, but just to enumerate two or three things that you find are good in those movies other than the two I pointed out, being Kylo and the throne scenes with Snoke. All for a little fun short off topic exchange, that was all..

Three weeks until we get new videos or other stuff?, with the storm still going strong and almost everyone ******** on the game I don't think that's a good call. SMS should react, now.

Why so defensive man. I wasn't asking you for justifying that you like those movies, but just to enumerate two or three things that you find are good in those movies other than the two I pointed out, being Kylo and the throne scenes with Snoke. All for a little fun short off topic exchange, that was all..

Three weeks until we get new videos or other stuff?, with the storm still going strong and almost everyone ******** on the game I don't think that's a good call. SMS should react, now.

Well, I like the sequel trilogy a lot more than the prequels! Rey and Poe are excellent characters who had a pretty incredible arc.

Anyway.... I'm trying to not talk about my favorite movie series. It's not going to be 3 weeks, I don't think. From what I understood when I was talking to him on discord is that,specifically, the CAR LIST will be 3 weeks. And I think we're getting updates every week. Now that isn't exactly what he said to my knowledge, but I believe that's what's happening

I wonder is it really that problematic too add pit stops (even in simpler form) post launch? I mean... i can fully accept simplifying physics etc. Damn i like even this lighter tone of the game, so i could live with simpler "tyre wear", "fuel consumption" and "pit stops" just too add "strategy" not detailed setup of pit stops. I mean. Tyre wear like in GRID Autosport or Toca Race Driver 2 or 3, fuel consumption i think isn't very complicated just calculating how much car is using right now and pit stops? Damn even Forza's 7 no animated stop for refuel would be good for online racing and some Endurance simulation. I could get over with that kind of "pit stops" simplified but added drama to racing.

Stupid question for anyone to answer:

Why would Ian use Discord over this Forum or even their own SMS/PCars Forum?

What's the benefits of using Discord?

Well, I like the sequel trilogy a lot more than the prequels! Rey and Poe are excellent characters who had a pretty incredible arc.

Anyway.... I'm trying to not talk about my favorite movie series. It's not going to be 3 weeks, I don't think. From what I understood when I was talking to him on discord is that,specifically, the CAR LIST will be 3 weeks. And I think we're getting updates every week. Now that isn't exactly what he said to my knowledge, but I believe that's what's happening

Why do people have to constantly keep moving then conversation over to any new platform or place...

It's tedious to keep on chasing things, or am i getting old ?

Why do people have to constantly keep moving then conversation over to any new platform or place...

It's tedious to keep on chasing things, or am i getting old ?
It wasn't Ian, it was Nathan. I doubt Ian would use discord much. It's definitely geared towards a younger generation. And yes, I'm old haha. Probably 25 years older than the average on discord

I wonder is it really that problematic too add pit stops (even in simpler form) post launch? I mean... i can fully accept simplifying physics etc. Damn i like even this lighter tone of the game, so i could live with simpler "tyre wear", "fuel consumption" and "pit stops" just too add "strategy" not detailed setup of pit stops. I mean. Tyre wear like in GRID Autosport or Toca Race Driver 2 or 3, fuel consumption i think isn't very complicated just calculating how much car is using right now and pit stops? Damn even Forza's 7 no animated stop for refuel would be good for online racing and some Endurance simulation. I could get over with that kind of "pit stops" simplified but added drama to racing.

I think a simplified might be possible if they want to but seeing them talking about how great the magic tyres, I doubt we will even see it post launch. pCARS 4 more likely to launch with pit stops. I still don't get how removing pit stops is a good idea for a sequel or why they want to stick a "3" to its name.

The other thing I noticed recently, on August we have pCARS series returns without pit stops while the mediocre Gear Club 2 on Switch gets a DLC to add pit stops. 2020 is a weird year.

I think a simplified might be possible if they want to but seeing them talking about how great the magic tyres, I doubt we will even see it post launch. pCARS 4 more likely to launch with pit stops. I still don't get how removing pit stops is a good idea for a sequel or why they want to stick a "3" to its name.

The other thing I noticed recently, on August we have pCARS series returns without pit stops while the mediocre Gear Club 2 on Switch gets a DLC to add pit stops. 2020 is a weird year.

ehhh such a letdown. I hope we will see more games like PCars 2 on PS5/XSX...

@CTznOfTime -- I don't understand the popularity of Discord as a general discussion platform either, as opposed to a voice/chat application for gaming and other more specific or personal uses. A rolling live chat is a terrible way to converse about anything of significance or in a group of any significant size; I hate it. Message boards are more my speed.

I get the sense that maybe SMS really just intended to polish things this time and get back to incorporating and balancing/refining these features for the next PCARS game.

After PCARS2 there were a number of requests for SMS to slim the game down and fix it up. It's just that people more likely expected them to cut all the roadcars and RX and trackday cars, snow/ice and seasonal temperatures, maybe historic cars, etc...you know, to develop something pretty much just like Assetto Corsa Competizione. I'm glad they didn't do that.

@CTznOfTime -- I don't understand the popularity of Discord as a general discussion platform either, as opposed to a voice/chat application for gaming and other more specific or personal uses. A rolling live chat is a terrible way to converse about anything of significance or in a group of any significant size; I hate it. Message boards are more my speed.

I get the sense that maybe SMS really just intended to polish things this time and get back to incorporating and balancing/refining these features for the next PCARS game.

After PCARS2 there were a number of requests for SMS to slim the game down and fix it up. It's just that people more likely expected them to cut all the roadcars and RX and trackday cars, snow/ice and seasonal temperatures, maybe historic cars, etc...you know, to develop something pretty much just like Assetto Corsa Competizione. I'm glad they didn't do that.

Agree :)

And that's why i'm thankful pcars 3 is what it is cause it could had been alot worst.

Pcars 3 with no road cars and even worst no trackday cars and only gt style race cars that would had been a worst pcars 3 game then what we have now.

We will see. I thought they could get rid off RallyCross content since Dirt Rally 2.0 does it better.
I don't like rallycross as an sport. I find it dull and popcorn diet inducing, but pc2 rallycross physics play in a different league to that of dr2.

I'd have loved a rally game with pc2 rallycross physics tbh. I think it would have been a killer.

a little offtopic (but this game can be answer to those seeking more detailed racing in PCars 3) what about GTR3? Is it dead or something?

a little offtopic (but this game can be answer to those seeking more detailed racing in PCars 3) what about GTR3? Is it dead or something?
Looks like Automobilista2 is the way now. Physics are better than pc2 try it, but of course the list of the cars you can drive and tracks you can race on has been reduced to dust.

Looks like Automobilista2 is the way now. Physics are better than pc2 try it, but of course the list of the cars you can drive and tracks you can race on has been reduced to dust.

Well. I am console player. I don't have place and money to buy decent PC for sims. My laptop can run Assetto Corsa pretty nicely but I need to turn off Shadows and Post Process to achieve near 60 fps, but my main sim rig is console, so Automobilista 2 is unfortunately out of reach for me.

But... I do love Assetto Corsa Competizione. I just hope it will be optimized better on consoles :D

It's not dead but don't expect it to be a 'sim'.

"We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

The main benefit for devs/etc is that they can ignore lots of discussion/questions because they get conveniently lost in the chatter.

With the way a forum works, pesky questions and complaints that the devs don't want to acknowledge/answer sit there as a thread on the list for everyone to see for longer and are harder to ignore.

No pitstop ? What the hell is that ?

The game is clearly in a downhill..
Have you been asleep for the last 3 weeks? ( : No pitstops, no tire wear, tires always at optimum temperature, no fuel usage. Instead you get to earn XP and dress your virtual driver up like Ronald McDonald (I hope). Yes. All the sim you could ever want. And more it seems..

Hello fellow racers! I’m Fernando Moutinho, the Social Media and Community Manager for Project CARS 3. I am incredibly thrilled to be part of such a fantastic team, working on our most exciting title yet.

Since the announcement trailer of Project CARS 3 last June, quite a lot has happened. I’ve been keeping a close eye on the reaction from our community and have been taking notes of the valuable feedback fans have been sending our way. We know our fans are just as passionate about the franchise as we are, and it’s my job to make sure the fans are getting a good and open look at our new game.

This line got me. After seeing what people actually throw at him, this sounds kinda like a joke.

Have you been asleep for the last 3 weeks? ( : No pitstops, no tire wear, tires always at optimum temperature, no fuel usage. Instead you get to earn XP and dress your virtual driver up like Ronald McDonald (I hope). Yes. All the sim you could ever want. And more it seems..
You think i'm following the news of a game day by day, minute by minute ? I have other things to do so chill out mate

I've been considering how to run strategic pit stops in my league series if we transfer from PC2 to PC3 - maybe have an agreed area of gravel onto which we park the car for 10 seconds during the 10 minute pit window?

Gentleman's agreements are all well and good, but if you can't do even minimal enforcement on it, someone will take advantage or "forget." Even the most trusted vets in your league. If you want to add a bit of strategy, you'll have to get creative with pcars3. It's certainly not built for leagues, and why I wont be using it in mine.

Maybe look into minimum lap times something? If someone sets a fastest lap under a certain time they get a post-race scoring penalty. That happens in real races. But will also add more headaches.

You think i'm following the news of a game day by day, minute by minute ? I have other things to do so chill out mate
Terribly sorry you missed the smiley in there. It was meant as a humorous comment as SMS' decisions has been all the rage for the last 4 weeks.

Back