Project CARS 3 Developer Blog Explains New Tire Physics, Confirms Pit Stops Are History

Discussion in 'Project CARS 3' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 26, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. losbuttcheeks

losbuttcheeks

Omfg. This is not good news. I'm definitely out. Good bye project cars.

3. Senna52

Senna52

I don’t really understand the point of that. They had been unique in the console sim arena because they had a much wider car/track selection than everyone else while also having weather and an ok tire model.

There are tons of driving/racing games to choose from and PCars seems to have thrown away any edge they had in the sim space.

I spend most of my time in iRacing, but I drive on about every sim there is (AC, ACC, RF2, GT Sport, PC2 etc). I buy a lot of games just to support the genre, but I’ll probably skip this one, especially since the developers are always so combative.

Psychotik007, br1x, raven214 and 35 others like this.
  4. Jbpd

Jbpd

That’s me dedicating next 6months to ACC then

5. evldave333

evldave333

The lack of pit stops is not an issue for me I like the emphasis to be on making a pass on track rather than winning it with strategy ( i really dislike it in f1 races when a pass is done because of the undercut ). I doubt this new game will be a whole lot different to the second entry so for those who want strategic races they already well catered for with PC2.

furryboy96, bleeder and bs6magic like this.
  6. paulpg87

paulpg87

Great news

davidt33 likes this.
  7. FT-1

FT-1

I'm not gonna lie, your username gave me a chuckle. :lol:

Like I said in the other thread, it's a controversial decision but it doesn't affect my sentiment on the game. I do feel Project CARS 3 should have been a spin-off given this news though.

raven214, cosme, Rover and 2 others like this.
  8. PD4WG

PD4WG

So it's basically Grid Turismo Shift 8...

9. David Wright

David Wright

"All the sim you could want"? Hmmm. I want adjustable tyre pressures, I want tyre wear, I don't want fudged tyre temperatures, I want fuel use, I want dynamic weather and the need to change tyres and I want pitstops. Hell I even want to drive out of the garage and down the pitlane in practice and qualifying. Will there even be practice and qualifying?

jake2013guy, br1x, perdy450 and 23 others like this.
  10. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

It's not 3.

It's Revolution.

Doesn't mean I won't buy it though...just means I won't get the collector's edition like I planned, but just the standard or deluxe edition. I might still get it though...

*Psst, Ian, listen, add pit stops and the other things in an update later on, deal?*

11. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

"that this is a conscious decision to make PC3 more about actual driving and less about engineering tactics"

Engineering tactics? You mean 'racing'? That's like making a Tour de France game and saying you opted to not include a stamina system because you wanted it to be more about actual bike riding and less about engineering tactics - but pacing yourself and your physical condition is the challenge, not 'can you ride a bike up this hill?'

jake2013guy, br1x, Schosse and 24 others like this.
  12. Auditore

Auditore

Couldn't they make the lack of pitstops part of the campaign and a focus for online but still keep some pitstop races?
    That way everyone's happy,GT Sport figured this out in 2017.

13. potvinsuks

potvinsuks

I wouldn't insult GTS mate.. From what pCARS 3 sounds like right now, GTS is a NASA Flight Simulator in comparison..

14. c172fccc

c172fccc

Well, I mean, I did say that if it is a Shift game with pCars physics I would be happy, but still, I didn’t expect this and I can see why people are disappointed.

15. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's their words, not mine...

16. Mr Fahrenheit

Mr Fahrenheit

That... is an interesting decision.

I'm more arcade guy so I don't care too much one way or the other, but I don't think it's gonna go down well with simulation crowd.

17. Erwandu44

Erwandu44

If it have Le Mans track and no pitstop, it isn't logic. Le Mans race are based on pit-stop tactic. (It's not the only one to have this type of race)
    I want to see the release of the game and maybe a demo to see if it's just an option to remove fuel and tyre consumption or if it haven't any
    The trailer give me hope, the 1st gameplay videos made me sad because it look like a bit acardy (but with a really great feeling of speed and a great IA). The different tweet of the Twitter page regave me hope, and this last news made me again sad. I want to see if it have all of what I want, or not, and I want to have it in my hand to see if it's a good game or a disappointment

18. McLaren

McLaren Premium

This sounds like something that could easily be turned on/off depending on what you want. Weird decision to make it off indefinitely.

19. letsdothis97

letsdothis97

How will dynamic rain work then. Lets say I have a 10 lap race and on lap three heavy rain starts, how would I change from full slicks to rain tyres? Not a good move imo.

20. Nowax

Nowax

Weird. It's just... plain weird...

21. Veasna Phen

Veasna Phen

Definitely feel like they're moving backward in sim racing. I do have feeling that SMS is teasing us with all these news. I like to see more about their overall plans.

22. Nielsen

Nielsen

You cannot invent a static layer in the tire simulation and claim that physics have been preserved. Wear impacts physics.

What a terrible week for sim racing. Assetto Corsa Competizione runs like crap on consoles and Project CARS 3 is officially pursuing a flawed vision.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    obrien79, br1x, WillyBM8 and 13 others like this.
  23. Daz555

Daz555

I'm astonished SMS gave abandoned their customer base to readily.

What a shame. This sim was going places.

I now worry that console sim racing is going to be non existent on next gen.

24. GTWolverine

GTWolverine

As much as I love the option to play with actual strategy, I won't necessarily hate this. As long as they still have classic open-wheelers I still might get this game.

25. DRambo

DRambo

Don't
    Don't worry. They will be revealing their next gen powerhouse condole soon.

26. Ditch Brodie

Ditch Brodie

Agree completely This game will be trash

27. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

This reeks of a decision based on rushing to get the game out this summer versus trying to fix bugs related to pit stops/tire wear

28. Ditch Brodie

Ditch Brodie

E
    exactly

29. slthree

slthree

I love, love, love PC2 and I thank Ian Bell for the many hours of phenomenal racing over the past 2+ years.

I'm fairly certain no one cares but I definitely won't be buying this game. I was hoping for better, more detail oriented pit stops. I never thought we would be going in the opposite direction.

It is heartbreaking for me to say this because I vowed to support Ian and buy all project cars games.

I don't like to make definitive statements but I do feel like a Sim racing game absolutely must have pit stops and the complications that surround pit stops, to really be simulation.

Even when I watch F1 or imsa or blancpain, I always love the drama of the pit stops and who's going to have a delay and who's going to get in somebody's way and who's going to come out how many seconds before another driver who's already on track.

I'm gutted.

30. artem9000

artem9000

Oh, those pit-stops and tactics, I hate them! Give me more PuRe RaCiNg ExPeRiEnCe! What next, power ups?