Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,146 comments
The Drift Pack has been leaked via Steam achievements, and it is pretty much what you would expect for something called the Drift pack:
Hang on, a Drift Pack? That must be something not part of the season pass because the only DLCs still coming in the season pass are "Power Pack” and “Electric Pack”.

I would never picture those 3 cars associated with the Power Pack but that's exactly what they are according to the steam achievements.

Last edited:
@Scaff do you think it's becoming as a moderator to slander a development company and call the CEO and his son idiot lying bastards?

Last edited:
Hang on, a Drift Pack? That must be something not part of the season pass because the only DLCs still coming in the season pass are "Power Pack” and “Electric Pack”.

I would never picture those 3 cars associated with the Power Pack but that's exactly what they are according to the steam achievements.

What? There isn't any Power Pack? Unless something changed?

See:
;)

FvjGvts.png

Last edited:
@Scaff do you think it's becoming as a moderator to slander a development company and call the CEO and his son idiot lying bastards?
Do you actually think one thing has anything to do with the other?

Meanwhile, let's check a few things (assuming you are referring to this video), could the marketing of PCars 3 be described as misleading? Yes, it could, to the degree that in my opinion, they lied (and that's exactly how I phrased it - so my opinion), you also missed me saying that 'I don;t actually know if he's a bastard, so insert your own expletive', if you can't see that as tongue in cheek then you need to reassess it, and finally I didn't call either of them idiots. So before throwing the term 'slander' around you really should check your own accuracy and avoid making misleading statements yourself.

So if it's slander (rather than critical opinion) I await the lawsuit. In the meantime, I think both of them are grown up enough to not require you 'white knighting' for them', certainly @IanBell is a member here and more than capable of replying himself.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, let's check a few things (assuming you are referring to this video), could the marketing of PCars 3 be described as misleading? Yes, it could, to the degree that in my opinion, they lied (and that's exactly how I phrased it - so my opinion), you also missed me saying that 'I don;t actually know if he's a bastard, so insert your own expletive', if you can't see that as tongue in cheek then you need to reassess it, and finally I didn't call either of them idiots. So before throwing the term 'slander' around you really should check your own accuracy and avoid making misleading statements yourself.

So if it's slander (rather than critical opinion) I await the lawsuit. In the meantime, I think both of them are grown up enough to not require you 'white knighting' for them', certainly Ian is a member here and more than capable of replying himself.

So if it's slander (rather than critical opinion) I await the lawsuit. In the meantime, I think both of them are grown up enough to not require you 'white knighting' for them', certainly Ian is a member here and more than capable of replying himself.

So you didn't say the SMS devs are incapable to use their own engine either?
Damn man, you are the king of covering your own tracks...

So you didn't say the SMS devs are incapable to use their own engine either?
Damn man, you are the king of covering your own tracks...
Nope, quote me doing so, not that even had I it would validate your inaccurate claims.

You see what I said (and it's easy to find as its just above and you could have quoted it directly) was...

"AMS 2 does indeed show what the Madness engine is capable of (and that it still has its limits), what discourages me the most is that SMS themselves were not able to do with it what a small team with less experience managed. Which points potentially to issues within SMS being the root problem, which runs the risk of continuing."

...so not "incapable to use their own engine", but rather that a much smaller and less experienced team had managed to get more out of it. Which is quite different, and you are going to end up looking rather silly here at GTP if you want to make out I'm some kind of 'Project Cars hater', as I have quite the reputation for being a big fan of Pcars and PCars 2, just not so much of the third iteration or the Bell's idea of marketing, nor will you find me alone in these regards either.

You will also find that 'strawman' arguments don't really fly here either.

Last edited:
Just wondering, before I buy the game I've seen some complaints about the penalty system. I'm a casual driver and I'd like to know if they're turnable to off like PC1/PC2.

Edit: Reason being, I'd like to play the game for fun, not for glory.

Last edited:
So do you really think Reiza is doing this on their own without help of SMS?

Oh dear... Strawman... Really?

Dude you really need to get a life and quit hiding behind half assed excuses.

I hope you are really happy being reinstated as a mod, just remember that in that capacity you need to act as one also.

Last edited:
So do you really think Reiza is doing this on their own without help of SMS?
Did I say that?

Nope, however, SMS is not doing all the work for them either, and yet somehow Reiza has still managed to do more with the engine and resolve issues that SMS never managed to fix.

However this isn't an AMS2 thread, so feel free to head to one if you wish to discuss that and your experiences with the title (I do trust you have experience with it).
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/automobilista-2-discussion-thread.392950/

Did I say that?

Nope, however, SMS is not doing all the work for them either, and yet somehow Reiza has still managed to do more with the engine and resolve issues that SMS never managed to fix.

However this isn't an AMS2 thread, so feel free to head to one if you wish to discuss that and your experiences with the title (I do trust you have experience with it).
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/automobilista-2-discussion-thread.392950/

Maybe that is because Reiza are concentrating on smaller issues?
After all their content isn't as large as SMS's is...

Maybe that is because Reiza are concentrating on smaller issues?
After all their content isn't as large as SMS's is...
And maybe that should be a lesson to SMS, you see you're catching on now.

And maybe that should be a lesson to SMS, you see you're catching on now.

So that warrants you to just bad talk SMS?
How many devs have actually delivered what they promised?
Seems to me you have it in for them no matter what...

So that warrants you to just bad talk SMS?
My opinion is just that, my opinion and you don't get to police it.

How many devs have actually delivered what they promised?
Plenty has done a damn sight better job than SMS has over the years, just as others have done worse. Interestingly I've spoken about those devs as well, I ripped into Kunos on the PS4 release of AC for exactly that reason as well, odd that you doidn;t feel the need to pick me up for those. Only recently I've been equally critical of Codemasters for Dirt 5 and also Milestone for Ride 4, again odd that it's only one studio you have an issue with me being critical of, and for god sake don't look at what I've said about PD over the years.

Seems to me you have it in for them no matter what...
Again my track record here tells quite a different story, but don't let that get in the way of your rather clear confirmation bias.

If you don't want to read critical views of SMS (and other studios, titles, products, services) then I can't really help that, but making up this kind of nonsense and accusing me of things you are unable to actually support really doesn't make for a good counter.

Honestly, the amount I appear to be living in the heads of the 'true believers' over at the official forums is amazing, not only do I have my personal views being subjected to inaccurate claim here, but I also have 'Sum Dixon Here' ranting at me on my youtube comments (hilariously he's unaware that I stopped his comments being shown publically and he's shouting at thin air).

Now that I’ve given you space to have your rant about me, any chance you could actually post on topic in this thread?

Last edited:
Just wondering, before I buy the game I've seen some complaints about the penalty system. I'm a casual driver and I'd like to know if they're turnable to off like PC1/PC2.

Edit: Reason being, I'd like to play the game for fun, not for glory.
Hi there. The rules & penalties system is very simple, on and off in the settings menu and there you go.

Last edited:
My opinion is just that, my opinion and you don't get to police it.

Plenty has done a damn sight better job than SMS has over the years, just as others have done worse. Interestingly I've spoken about those devs as well, I ripped into Kunos on the PS4 release of AC for exactly that reason as well, odd that you doidn;t feel the need to pick me up for those. Only recently I've been equally critical of Codemasters for Dirt 5 and also Milestone for Ride 4, again odd that it's only one studio you have an issue with me being critical of, and for god sake don't look at what I've said about PD over the years.

Again my track record here tells quite a different story, but don't let that get in the way of your rather clear confirmation bias.

If you don't want to read critical views of SMS (and other studios, titles, products, services) then I can't really help that, but making up this kind of nonsense and accusing me of things you are unable to actually support really doesn't make for a good counter.

Honestly, the amount I appear to be living in the heads of the 'true believers' over at the official forums is amazing, not only do I have my personal views being subjected to inaccurate claim here, but I also have 'Sum Dixon Here' ranting at me on my youtube comments (hilariously he's unaware that I stopped his comments being shown publically and he's shouting at thin air).

Thing is that Ian used to show up here all of the time.
How come that's changed?
How is it that they released one game that doesn't suit your needs to be an insentive to slander the whole history of the company?
I can understand the preservation everyone might have for the next one but your latest video (based upon hearsay btw) is really showing you're trying to advise everyone from buying the next iteration. No matter what it will be.

How come that's changed?
How is it that they released one game that doesn't suit your needs to be an insentive to slander the whole history of the company?
I can understand the preservation everyone might have for the next one but your latest video (based upon hearsay btw) is really showing you're trying to advise everyone from buying the next iteration. No matter what it will be.

I'm not sure if you two have any history with each other and I'm not sure if you have a connection with SMS that none of us know about, but I'm surprised at your defense of SMS considering that they were unassailably deceptive in marketing PC3.

I've been a huge fan of PC2 on my PS4 Pro. My post history would suggest that I have done nothing but praise and defend Ian. In fact, leading up to his most recent offering, when others complained that it appeared he was not going to include pit stops, I vehemently defended him and said there could be no way he would do that. We all know what the eventuality was.

I have read nearly every post by @Scaff on the subject and have seen his videos. He is brave enough to tell the truth but the truth is not pretty for Ian Bell and his team regarding PC3.

I believe you used the word slander and in my profession that word has a definite meaning and there are hurdles to be cleared in order for that word to apply. I can assure you that not a single one of them can be cleared by SMS.

I don't know either one of you but I am likely speaking for many of us when I say it would be nice if you took your arguments offline, perhaps in private messaging, because it appears there will be no agreement between you.

@Konan is it possible that it's not what he says but how he says it that rubs you the wrong way? @Scaff can come off a little edgy / sarcastic sometimes. But, he's usually right on point.

Please, my racing brothers, let's have peace and above all...

Let's keep the hope that PC4 is everything we hoped PC3 would be:cheers:

How come that's changed?
No he didn’t. Ian has only shown up here when he has a release to promote or sell.

You really should stop using words if you don’t know the meaning of them. I’ve not slandered anyone, and certainly not the whole history of SMS.

You’re not going to make your argument if you keep using strawmen and resorting to falsehood to do so.

A video based on the actual words of a company CEO is literally not based on hearsay.

I also have no issue saying that people should avoid buying it and certainly avoid pre-ordering it until we know exactly what it is and what level of quality it is.

My main point in the video on the area of sales, and the one I repeat in the video, is that based on SMS marketing of PCars3 and specifically how deceptive the Bells were, is that people may well avoid it without any prompting from an external commentator.

PCars 3 has bombed as a product, Ian admits as much in his Twitter storm, something that many people predicted based on the deceptive manner in which it was promoted. Add in that the Project Cars series has a track record of releases that have more than an average number of issues at launch, some of which never get fully resolved. Yet you actually seem surprised that people are wary of a new release from them?

I’m not the outlier in regard to not trusting SMS, any review of Twitter, forums other than your own and the PCars 4 thread here show that quite clearly.

This distrust is a direct product of SMS’s own actions as a company, as such it’s for them to address and correct, not for the people pointing it out to apologise for raising it as a concern.

I'm not sure if you two have any history with each other and I'm not sure if you have a connection with SMS that none of us know about, but I'm surprised at your defense of SMS considering that they were unassailably deceptive in marketing PC3.

I've been a huge fan of PC2 on my PS4 Pro. My post history would suggest that I have done nothing but praise and defend Ian. In fact, leading up to his most recent offering, when others complained that it appeared he was not going to include pit stops, I vehemently defended him and said there could be no way he would do that. We all know what the eventuality was.

I have read nearly every post by @Scaff on the subject and have seen his videos. He is brave enough to tell the truth but the truth is not pretty for Ian Bell and his team regarding PC3.

I believe you used the word slander and in my profession that word has a definite meaning and there are hurdles to be cleared in order for that word to apply. I can assure you that not a single one of them can be cleared by SMS.

I don't know either one of you but I am likely speaking for many of us when I say it would be nice if you took your arguments offline, perhaps in private messaging, because it appears there will be no agreement between you.

@Konan is it possible that it's not what he says but how he says it that rubs you the wrong way? @Scaff can come off a little edgy / sarcastic sometimes. But, he's usually right on point.

Please, my racing brothers, let's have peace and above all...

Let's keep the hope that PC4 is everything we hoped PC3 would be:cheers:
@Konan is a moderator for the official Project Cars Forum.

Last edited:
It's safe to say PC3 bombed. It has roughly 1/10th the amount of concurrent players on Steam as PC2. Even PC1 has roughly double that amount. Still, the daily PC3 player amount is 3x higher than the all-time concurrent amount of the F&F game. :scared:

No he didn’t. Ian has only shown up here when he has a release to promote or sell.
Yup.

IMO, this is perfectly fine by itself. PC1 and PC2 had great community involvement as a result as Ian was always up for a bidirectional conversation and (unlike certain other folks here) did not shy away from criticism, but actively engaged in the convo/discussion, both on here and toxic trash sites like RD, but I also remember that time he joined a YT streamer in realtime and talked about the EA stuff etc. That stuff was gold! Top class interaction right there!

And WMD was absolutely awesome, had such a great time there and the interaction there was truly golden! 👍 But something changed over time and not for the better. If SMS wants to come out on top of this for PC4 (or other titles) they need to face their inner demons.

A video based on the actual words of a company CEO is literally not based on hearsay.
I'm curious about the mental gymnastics required to end up on hearsay when it's literally a direct quote/reference. :lol:

This distrust is a direct product of SMS’s own actions as a company, as such it’s for them to address and correct, not for the people pointing it out to apologise for raising it as a concern.

PC1/PC2 SMS is not PC3/F&F SMS, that's for sure. Ian was always the typical seller/promotor (which, again, is perfectly fine, you need those!), but PC1 and PC2 were actually backed up by something truly innovative and collaborative.

What? There isn't any Power Pack? Unless something changed?

See:
Previously the third DLC was gonna be called "Power Pack" but I guess that they may changed their plans since it's now changed on their website but not on Bandai Namco blogpost.
With their emphasis on Legends, Style, Drift, and Electric, each DLC enjoys 3 new cars (and their race conversion kits) licensed from the world’s most elite brands along with unique customisation and career elements including new liveries, decals, characters with outfits and helmets, and a lot more.
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/season-pass/

and the next two packs, “Power Pack” and “Electric Pack”, will be released in 2021, each adding new cars and unique customization items. Each pack will also feature one free track for all Project CARS 3 players.
https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/projec...dlc-the-style-pack-out-now-and-three-new-cars

Those who visit the pCARS discord know already but for those who don't: until pCARS4 is officially announced, everything about it is speculation. For now, there is no pCARS4...

As for the argument, many outside GTP see it the way i do. The fact that @Scaff maybe harsh in his wording doesn't change what he said. And yes, it is a case of how he said it, not what he said.
The marketing could have been better, the game is not what many thought it would be, but that still doesn't warrant calling anyone an idiot.
The Reiza/SMS comparison doesn't fly either, everything they do is in cooperation with SMS.

but that still doesn't warrant calling anyone an idiot.
Once again, quote me.

The Reiza/SMS comparison doesn't fly either, everything they do is in cooperation with SMS.
Everything?

Going to need to see evidence of that, otherwise that is speculation, and speculation some would disagree with.

Right, i need to apologise here, you never said idiot.
I rewatched the video and you said "lying bastard"
Not as bad, but still...
So i apologise for having called you out for the "idiot" thing.
Thank you, and I’ve also already put the context around that in a post above.

Now, any chance we can get this back on topic?

For those playing on a controller, this game is awesome. I can see why the wheel racers would rather play pc2. I originally passed on this game based on reviews. Only after being thoroughly disappointed in dirt 5, I gave it a try. I hope more controller users give it shot. Most fun I’ve had driving since the Lewis Hamilton time trials on gt sport.

dc1
For those playing on a controller, this game is awesome.

Absolutely. PC2 forced me to buy my first wheel and little rig because I could not play it with a controller, regardless of setting.

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to use a controller for PC3. Your use of the word "awesome" is appropriate in that regard. For times where I just want to hear some car sounds and have a short session, I'll fire up PC3 with the controller.

dc1
For those playing on a controller, this game is awesome. I can see why the wheel racers would rather play pc2. I originally passed on this game based on reviews. Only after being thoroughly disappointed in dirt 5, I gave it a try. I hope more controller users give it shot. Most fun I’ve had driving since the Lewis Hamilton time trials on gt sport.
It's good for a jump in and go session as is, but I just wish I could descrease the steering deadzone, I know it took a while for me to dial in steering settings for PC2 but I would like to replicate those in PC3

It's good for a jump in and go session as is, but I just wish I could descrease the steering deadzone, I know it took a while for me to dial in steering settings for PC2 but I would like to replicate those in PC3

Not sure if there is a dead zone setting in the wheel calibration options but you can setup a controller in those...

How come that's changed?
Whoa,whoa,whoa. Should we all go look at a moderator on another forum first? Ian and SMS promised something they didn't deliver. My opinion.
Right, i need to apologise here, you never said idiot.
I rewatched the video and you said "lying bastard"
Not as bad, but still...
So i apologise for having called you out for the "idiot" thing.
Good to see your back and apologized. Now do you think that Ian is going to come back on here after many of us backed him when PCars 2 was getting bashed? Just saying,you should go look at the old PCars 2 forum.

Back