Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Wow, thanks, your wheel moves much less than mine which is probably because of the calibration. It works for cockpit wheel only I guess. But when you go from side to side you can clearly see it's not smooth, there is a pause. You probably accommodate to that lag.

1:06 on the second vid, for instance. I will find more later. It's hard to see it when your wheel doesn't move too much :D

And what other games do you play now?

Last edited:
It's not much visible with this wheel angle. I know exactly what to look at and it's still very hard. I described it here many times so it's very easy to try it.

Why do you have so small angle? Is it different for the controller?

Last edited:
It's not much visible with this wheel angle. I know exactly what to look at and it's still very hard. I described it here many times so it's very easy to try it.

Why do you have so small angle? Is it different for the controller?
Well, I'm using the new controller for the Series S/X. It is tighter than the new controller on my Xbox One X (not that it gives me much trouble), and I swear the joystick is precise to the millimeter. Also, I let the road's own banking to move me left/right, I only do small adjustments until I really have to brake/steer into a corner, angling for the apex.
I don't care what others say, PC3 is more "sim" than "arcade", that's why I enjoy it so much. Braking dynamics, weight transfer, mechanical grip, etc., its all there, but in a less technical, more enjoyable form.
As for other games currently in my library: FM7, FM6, Forza Horizon 4/3 Grid, Grid Autosport, PC2, Dirt 4, Horizon Chase Turbo, Need for Speed Heat, and Assetto Corsa.

Well, I'm using the new controller for the Series S/X. It is tighter than the new controller on my Xbox One X (not that it gives me much trouble), and I swear the joystick is precise to the millimeter. Also, I let the road's own banking to move me left/right, I only do small adjustments until I really have to brake/steer into a corner, angling for the apex.
I don't care what others say, PC3 is more "sim" than "arcade", that's why I enjoy it so much. Braking dynamics, weight transfer, mechanical grip, etc., its all there, but in a less technical, more enjoyable form.
As for other games currently in my library: FM7, FM6, Forza Horizon 4/3 Grid, Grid Autosport, PC2, Dirt 4, Horizon Chase Turbo, Need for Speed Heat, and Assetto Corsa.
I agree it's not an arcade. But it looks like you recalibrate wheel in settings. It works for the cockpit wheel only as I know. And your smooth controls looks good.

Because no other game has the same problem.

I would like to play it and that's the reason I want to find it out. But I recently ordered PC1 GOTY so I will have what to play :D PC was in Games with gold so I tried it last week and it looked pretty good too.

I think you are spot on my friend with your description of PC3 .......
I am thoroughly enjoying "playing " it using a Wheel on an X Box X...with a 4K Monitor
I haven't been near Forza 7 & PC2 since owning this...
I find the racing exhilarating for so many reasons..... .
I think people should be looking at what they like about PC3..... rather than focusing on their personal dislikes.....
After all we all have our own preferences.... some of which may not be accommodated by a game developer.....
Which in my eyes is to be expected.......
My only dilemma is whether to go for a Series X at the moment ...
As from what I can tell my X Box X holds it own graphically...... playing the present generation games..

^^
I have exactly the same opinion about the game as yours @barry chipman :cheers:

...and the same dilemma about the hardware but I think that I'll stick with my One X for the time being, at least before the Series X will be widely available everywhere.

Welp, I made the stupid mistake of starting with the 86, who would have thought a car known for it's lack of power in real life would be slow in a video game? :lol:

Oh well, I had enough credits to buy the Evo, so now I don't have to struggle as much. At least the 86 is fun to race against other 86's.

I realize that this is super old, but I actually did the reverse of you. The Evo looked the best on paper so I bought that, but I regretted it because I thought it handled poorly out of the box. Then I bought the GT86, and with the extra PIR allowance over the Evo it actually ended up being quite a bit quicker overall than the Evo in Road E events with both cars upgraded to just below 300 PIR. But when I upgraded them to Road D, the Evo ended up being more competitive because the GT86 was simply too slow in a straight line. When I upgraded them to Road C, their performance pretty much evened out.

I own an 86 in real life, and I quite like the GT86 in the game.

I tested PC2 vs. PC3 on two consoles at once and it looked pretty good. Physics is very similar. So I'll give it another shot. The steering "helper" could be maybe inactive a bit if you change your style a bit. We'll see. Bahrain and new cars are good reason for test.

edit:
Hm, it's still crazy you can't go from side to side on a straight smoothly but I think it's not common pattern to use so maybe with knowing that I could go around the helper better.

edit2:
Oh, unfortunately it's very common pattern :D I tried, guys, but it's not playable at all for me. There's lag as hell. Back to great PC2...

Last edited:
It's a common thing in games with upgrade systems, in that the upgrades available are the same for every car.

One size fits all in terms of UI I imagine, like how cars that don't have handbrakes in real life often do in games.

Last edited:
It's a common thing in games with upgrade systems, in that the upgrades available are the same for every car.

One size fits all in terms of UI I imagine, like how cars that don't have handbrakes in real life often do in games.

But that's the thing, PCARS3 doesn't really do the one size fits all thing. They took the time and attention to tailor the forced induction upgrade for each car. Some have turbocharger upgrade, and some have supercharger upgrade. And some cars have a differential upgrade while others don't. They could have easily either omitted the camshaft upgrade for this car, or replaced/renamed it something else. I think it was just an oversight. Not a big deal though, just funny.

But that's the thing, PCARS3 doesn't really do the one size fits all thing. They took the time and attention to tailor the forced induction upgrade for each car. Some have turbocharger upgrade, and some have supercharger upgrade. And some cars have a differential upgrade while others don't. They could have easily either omitted the camshaft upgrade for this car, or replaced/renamed it something else. I think it was just an oversight. Not a big deal though, just funny.

Yes, an oversight no doubt.
A camshaft is more easily overlooked than forced induction and turbo upgrades i imagine... ;-)

Meanwhile my hunch is the entire player base is using paddle shifters on every single car in the game. :boggled:

Last edited:
Meanwhile my hunch is the entire player base is using paddle shifters on every single car in the game.
Since I've not currently got a gear lever I've haven't got any other option. I do tend to lift the throttle when shifting though and I use the clutch on occasions, mainly starts, so part way there. ;)

The vast majority of players use the controller I notice. Although I expect that's the same for most driving games, particularly on console.

Last edited:
When using my G25, I am somewhat reluctant to even use the paddle shifters on modern racecars. Manual transmission for life in the real world, three pedals and an H-shifter by preference with an FFB wheel.

Now that I am the proud owner of a Playseat Challenge and Drive Hub, my Logitech G25 has been finally employed for use on PCARS2 and PCARS3. Quick feedback:
  • I think I prefer a wheel for PCARS3, because the analog stick steering is just a bit too heavy-handed (and only because it is non-configurable), and the cockpit camera can no longer be adjusted to be as communicative as PCARS2 in the absence of FFB.
  • With a wheel in PCARS2, I found it better to flip my camera motion setting so that it was anchored more to the car. This underscores the value of reinstating those options for PCARS3.
  • PCARS2 has an edge in its driving experience, but I haven't been particularly put off by the FFB in PCARS3 (yet?) and it retains its new features and content I have not completed yet. I would still rather drive a 240ZG in some color other than only red, white, or yellow. Ditto and etc. across other racecars and their liveries, upgrades for cars like the GT86...
Speaking of H-shifting, I do not have an attachment for the H-shifter, so of course it was mandatory to screw together a temporary solution out of spare wood. :) I might redesign it instead of buying an add-on.

I own and love pc1 and pc2, would there be any value in buying pc3 for me As far as new tracks and cars are concerned,are the car/track details as good,thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
I own and love pc1 and pc2, would there be any value in buying pc3 for me As far as new tracks and cars are concerned,are the car/track details as good,thanks for any advice.
It really depends on the system. If you play on OG PlayStation or XBox than no.. the details are not as good. Although they did fixed some graphical issues. Still PC2 looks better imo.
But I don't think the graphics matter much. PC3 is different. The physics are different. It's hard to give a good advice since there's a chance you won't like it. For me it was worth every penny since I put 300+ hours into it.
I love PC1 and 2. But those games need a lot of focus to be competitive. PC3 on the other hand is much more relaxing. And you can be competitive after a few minutes of playing while you need to train for days in PC2. This is the only game that let me keep the peace of someone like @PJTierney and he reached the Pinnacle in FM7. Something unreachable for me. But that can also be a deterrent for others.
.....I would say go for it but don't expect too much.

Thanks for your reply @strela ,I’m on a xbox series x now and pc1 and pc2 both looks great And play really smoothly ,pcars 3 Sounds like it could be good pick up and play fun which is no bad thing,i use a Wheel mostly but sometimes Couch and controller for lazy sessions are these equally useable?

Thanks for your reply @strela ,I’m on a xbox series x now and pc1 and pc2 both looks great And play really smoothly ,pcars 3 Sounds like it could be good pick up and play fun which is no bad thing,i use a Wheel mostly but sometimes Couch and controller for lazy sessions are these equally useable?

I'm also a big fan of PC3 my friend ..... which I play on an X BOX X......with a wheel ... and a 4K monitor ..... it looks absolutely stunning ..

So on Series X it will look will look fantastic........

Since owning PC3.... I have " raced " over 10,000 miles and never gone back to playing Forza 7 or PC2 ...... which I also own...

The game plays beautifully straight out of the box on both wheel and controller.....

To see my full comments go to the Main menu & check out "IS THIS GAME GOOD" .......

Hope this helps.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back