Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
@blinkngone - a word of caution. Try not to double post too often, the mods don't like it since it's part of GTP's AUP that you shouldn't. Use the edit button on your previous post to add further text etc. A second post is fine once a decent period of time has passed. Again a 2nd post is useful if you've forgotten to tag someone in your original post, since tagging doesn't work on an edit.

Also to reply to multiple posters use the + Quote button on each post/highlight and then use the insert quote button to add them to your reply.

👍

Don't want you getting in trouble, you've only just joined. ;)

At the moment, my Inbox does not agree with that premise...

Perhaps GT Planet has been deprived of a review copy because of the incredibly positive reactions from the folks on here to a game they have not even played lol

Perhaps GT Planet has been deprived of a review copy because of the incredibly positive reactions from the folks on here to a game they have not even played lol
It may be that the focus last week was on Influencers, and BN will send out review codes to media outlets this week - I've had review codes coming through two days before launch before...

... but BN didn't send out any review codes to media for the previous SMS title, which did rather make one wonder how bad it could possibly be (and the answer was "extremely"). Of course we'll pick up a copy and review it if no review code is available, but then our review will be after launch.

The thing is, you can find whatever agrees with you online. If you're looking forward to the game, it's easy to find people who say it's great. If you're not looking forward to it, the opposite is true. I think we all have a bit of bias one way or the other and find opinions that back up our feelings.

We also have likes and dislikes. Pit stops don't really matter to me, so not a big deal. How the car feels when driving is a big deal. Having good custom lobbies is important as well to me. So that plays a big part. Having a balanced view is not easy! I tend to look for more positive in most games, this included

What's the weather like up there on your Shetland pony?

As if they've deprived giving out a media copy due to people commenting here (rolls eyes)

Hi everyone. Im thinking of buying the game but im not sure if i should do it now or wait for when the next gen consoles release. Did anyone hear anything about what pc3 plans for next gen are?

Oh right, I haven't seen any race penalties. Were they of the slow down time penalty type of thing? There's got to be some punting penalties online, hopefully!

Missed this. Yes it was an automatic slowdown thing, and quite a powerful one. It seems to do a "reasonably" good job - except at Daytona - of tailoring the severity to the infraction, but always seemed to cost them a bit more time than they gained(which it probably should).

I also went back and watched some of the first part of the Broadbent stream and he was clearly saying the whole thing looked "mobile game" and "could probably run on an iPad" stuff. Was both a design(menus) and quality judgement. At the tail end he had only mentioned the menus. It did look rather underwhelming on his stream(and I'm not too bothered about graphics) for whatever reason.

I didn't know him so I quickly looked him up and yes I agree he has a nice relaxed approach.

I also saw his latest video below which @Wolfe will like. ;)

This seems to be a good guy as well. Again not shouty and he drives well too. Doesn't punt the AI - too much. :)

I’ve been playing quite a bit of EPR again over the last week or so, still a great title, if utterly bonkers in its approach to game progression.

Last edited:
I didn't know him so I quickly looked him up and yes I agree he has a nice relaxed approach.
I like his "An Honest Look At..." videos, a lot of YouTube influencers are overly positive to whatever game they've been given for free, his are more balanced. He also seems to like racing games whether they're a sim or not and goes in with an open mind.

I’ve been playing quite a bit of EPR again over the last week or so, still a great title, if utterly bonkers in its approach to game progression.
The lottery mechanic and restrictive upgrade system were not so welcome, but the ranked progression over the 12-week window was interesting and unique. I still greatly appreciate how effective the game is at encouraging not only clean, competitive driving but also making the most out of the AI's limited skills by handicapping yourself and earning a greater reward for a hard-fought finish, even if it's 4th place. Every race counts as you try to improve or maintain your ranking, too, without making it about filling a checklist with trophy icons.

Quite a contrast to the sort of traditional GT/Forza approach of driving a car at the upper limit of eligibility and often slaughtering the competition -- or having to do so, because you start in last place and have to catch the rabbit.

Yes it was an automatic slowdown thing, and quite a powerful one.
Yes I've since seen another video where a penalty was applied. There was a bit of complaining - but they did completely cut out a corner. :P

and he was clearly saying the whole thing looked "mobile game" and "could probably run on an iPad" stuff. Was both a design(menus) and quality judgement.
The menus are probably designed to be eye catching and accessible so I can sort of agree with the mobile look comment but on other streams the game graphics didn't look bad at all. So...
I thought that a mobile menu look would be good though, since everyone seems to be constantly on mobiles. And many said PC1's menus too complex and PC2's too bland. Cant please everyone!

What does Enthusia actually mean @Wolfe? Anything in particular?

What does Enthusia actually mean @Wolfe? Anything in particular?
I believe it's just a Japan-ification of an English word -- in this case, "Enthusiast" -- much like some similarly-named Japanese cars: Integra, Optima, Maxima...

The lottery mechanic and restrictive upgrade system were not so welcome, but the ranked progression over the 12-week window was interesting and unique. I still greatly appreciate how effective the game is at encouraging not only clean, competitive driving but also making the most out of the AI's limited skills by handicapping yourself and earning a greater reward for a hard-fought finish, even if it's 4th place. Every race counts as you try to improve or maintain your ranking, too, without making it about filling a checklist with trophy icons.

Quite a contrast to the sort of traditional GT/Forza approach of driving a car at the upper limit of eligibility and often slaughtering the competition -- or having to do so, because you start in last place and have to catch the rabbit.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I like the fact that it encourages clean racing and rewards something other than a win at all costs.

The Enthusia life I like, it’s the dance dance revolution clone, but with cars that’s a bit too odd for my taste.

I've been watching some videos and it looks like it might be a fun racing game to play.
I'll wait for the obligatory bug fixing patches before looking to buy it.

In the meantime I've taken to playing the original game on my new PC and it's just as much as fun as it was when I first played it.

Aside from being one of the hosts of all the Gran Turismo World Tour events, he's also a GTPlanet contributing writer......

Apparently he’s not contributing much these days. His last article on GTPlanet was 15 months ago according to that link. And his total credits span a short 6 months though he was prolific in said time period.

Must be an honorary contributor.

I enjoyed this video. He was fairly obviously not a hardcore sim racer, but he didn't smash his way to the front and, the big thing, he didn't have a bunch of preconceived ideas before he went into this game.

Almost every video I've watched the person streaming had an idea of what this game was, but this guy didn't know much at all until he played it

Hi everyone. Im thinking of buying the game but im not sure if i should do it now or wait for when the next gen consoles release. Did anyone hear anything about what pc3 plans for next gen are?

Nothing planned that we know of. Shoukd be backwards compatible at least but no next gen version.

Nothing planned that we know of. Shoukd be backwards compatible at least but no next gen version.
To further this, Nathan Bell was asked this directly and he said he wasn't allowed to comment on that right now. So....take that for what it's worth I guess

To further this, Nathan Bell was asked this directly and he said he wasn't allowed to comment on that right now. So....take that for what it's worth I guess

From Nathan Bell I'll take that as I usually take his comments :lol:

We ain't getting next gen folks.

Jokes aside. Be nice to see it but I bet they'll wait till after Christmas and attempt to forgo the free next gen upgrade stuff so everyone had to buy it again.

Yeah he won't comment because if he does there'll be people who won't pre-order it so their sales are then affected... This underhanded sales tactic annoys me, it's like here's a game we can't tell you too much until launch day but spend you money on it now...

You'll find out later, it's like buying a lottery ticket and hoping you get what you want

Yeah he won't comment because if he does there'll be people who won't pre-order it so their sales are then affected... This underhanded sales tactic annoys me, it's like here's a game we can't tell you too much until launch day but spend you money on it now...

You'll find out later, it's like buying a lottery ticket and hoping you get what you want
It's nothing like buying a lottery ticket. Both times you're getting something that you paid for. In all seriousness, how many games have done this in the past?

And, if you buy the game.....and enjoy it, why wouldn't you buy it for a different console? Besides that, you've already made your mind up you don't like it, it seems. So why would you buy one, let alone 2?

It's nothing like buying a lottery ticket. Both times you're getting something that you paid for. In all seriousness, how many games have done this in the past?

And, if you buy the game.....and enjoy it, why wouldn't you buy it for a different console? Besides that, you've already made your mind up you don't like it, it seems. So why would you buy one, let alone 2?
I don't know how many games have done this, could you tell me? Which ones have you had an experience with that were like this, I haven't had any experience with them so far like this.

Secondly where on earth is this buying two consoles and versions coming from? Uhh thanks for that random tangent

But heres a tangent Kuru(created his channel through NFS) only referred to the game being better than Grid, that's easy for any game to achieve btw... Grid wasn't great I burnt my fingers by preording that one, Dubs (looks like a Forza guy) likes it too in comparison to Forza... Well if we're coming at it from the madness engine of course they're going to give it favourable outcomes in comparison to what they know

I'm done commenting here now on this game, spend your money that's fine the issues myself and others have aren't with you and your money it's SMS and they way they've presented the game

Back