Project Cars 3 Hype thread

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 351 comments
So far this seems pretty fun. I'm not attached to the PC series, but I can see why the fans of the previous games are/may be disappointed.

I just watched this video and thought to myself what a mobile looking un-sim like game this is. Completely unrealistic! I'm not sure who'd want a game that looked and drove like that

The driver isn't doing it properly either, he doesn't keep crashing out and complaining about it. :sly:

I hope we get some ps4 and xbox videos tomorrow. If i can resist the deluxe edition all day long i should be fine until the end of the week

I thought this would go well here. It's from a self confessed racing novice. But it's interesting nonetheless
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/project-cars-3

Interesting? Extremely vague description, price is not £39.99, its £49.99
Calls the C8.R GTE you use the first intro race in as a supercar, If they really had a copy would they of not used the photomode to great their own images instead of using SMS stock media images?

Trusted review in a short few days since media access to "full game"... I don't think so

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting? Extremely vague description, price is not £39.99, its £49.99
Calls the C8.R GTE you use the first intro race in as a supercar, If they really had a copy would they of not used the photomode to great their own images instead of using SMS stock media images?

Trusted review in a short few days since media access to "full game"... I don't think so
I just said it was interesting.....like @fernandito said, it's a preview. With the new Corvette, it could certainly be argued it's a supercar. An almost 200mph, mid engined, 500hp car? That's in the ballpark at least.

The site is called trusted reviews, but he specifically says it's a preview and he's going to get more in depth with it:rolleyes:

I just said it was interesting.....like @fernandito said, it's a preview. With the new Corvette, it could certainly be argued it's a supercar. An almost 200mph, mid engined, 500hp car? That's in the ballpark at least.

The site is called trusted reviews, but he specifically says it's a preview and he's going to get more in depth with it:rolleyes:

Why is it under review section and the title of the article called review then?

Btw a supercar and a racecar are different in a lot of ways other than sharing a power unit, bet you the "supercar" wouldn't run the same tyres, have a fire extinguisher, interiors would be different, have less downforce from wings and diffusers, fuel maps and fuel tanks would be different, even engine maps too since the supercar would run more miles since a racecar would have its engine rebuilt at somepoint too but I guess you cant distinguish those differences cause you know speed and engine :rolleyes:

Btw a supercar and a racecar are different in a lot of ways other than sharing a power unit, bet you the "supercar" wouldn't run the same tyres, have a fire extinguisher, interiors would be different, have less downforce from wings and diffusers, fuel maps and fuel tanks would be different, even engine maps too since the supercar would run more miles since a racecar would have its engine rebuilt at somepoint too but I guess you cant distinguish those differences cause you know speed and engine :rolleyes:
On the topic of supercar vs race car:

I'm not quite sure what you're attacking here. It was a casual observation by someone who played the game and is quite honest about not knowing much about the genre.

I also didn't realize that first car is a race car, thought it was just the new C8. Yes, I agree a supercar and race car are two very different things. But again, why are coming out swinging at a casual observation? Take it for what it's worth and move on

I'm not quite sure what you're attacking here. It was a casual observation by someone who played the game and is quite honest about not knowing much about the genre.

I also didn't realize that first car is a race car, thought it was just the new C8. Yes, I agree a supercar and race car are two very different things. But again, why are coming out swinging at a casual observation? Take it for what it's worth and move on

Mate less drivel is what I'm getting at,

I'm going to get the standard version of the game, I can wait a few days to play it and don't need new inventory items like liveries etc.
Will be interesting to feel the differences between this and PC2 and have a more "relaxed" vibe, I won't use the word fun in this case since I have fun trying to get every little millisecond out of setups and drive as focused as possible with my chosen car and track, My fun and other fun on the internet differ

Stop dribbling Benny. Oh sorry it's drivel. :)

I can wait a few days to play it and don't need new inventory items like liveries etc
I think you get that extra pack anyway - it's available until 30th September if I remember correctly. Unfortunately there isn't much of a pre-order incentive.

My fun and other fun on the internet differ
This is very true. Everyone has their own criteria for "fun". Some people find this hard to see though.

It's from a self confessed racing novice
And that's probably better than someone with a deep "sim racing" background. Since that's who they seem to being trying to attract.

When you read this it makes you wonder what other people are seeing.
The journey thus far is certainly a gorgeous one...
... It’s a huge improvement over the previous two games, and rivals some of the genre’s brightest sparks from recent years.
It's confusing!

@PJTierney yeah I'm looking forward to reading a bunch of reviews later today. I know one is dropping in almost exactly 4 hours from now. I'm guessing that's when the embargo on reviews ends. I knew it was today, but they probably have a specific time as well.

I'm curious what some of the bigger sites (gaming sites, not sim-racing Youtubers) are going to say. 192 races in career mode should do us for a bit. And hopefully they'll add some as time moves on

@PJTierney yeah I'm looking forward to reading a bunch of reviews later today. I know one is dropping in almost exactly 4 hours from now. I'm guessing that's when the embargo on reviews ends. I knew it was today, but they probably have a specific time as well.

I'm curious what some of the bigger sites (gaming sites, not sim-racing Youtubers) are going to say. 192 races in career mode should do us for a bit. And hopefully they'll add some as time moves on

Yeah sounds as though theres a good chunk of career mode being added throughout the season pass. 60 events if I recall.

Yeah sounds as though theres a good chunk of career mode being added throughout the season pass. 60 events if I recall.
I'd imagine some of those would include/be exclusive the new dlc cars. Would make sense to get to use them. And I wonder because they are paid for dlc whether you get to use them in your "garage" without buying them in game. I'd certainly want that anyway.

I just watched this video and thought to myself what a mobile looking un-sim like game this is. Completely unrealistic! I'm not sure who'd want a game that looked and drove like that

The driver isn't doing it properly either, he doesn't keep crashing out and complaining about it. :sly:

He doesn't recommend buying this game now...

Reviews are pouring in from the big sites, and that's what I'll stick with. At the end of the day, I want a fun game more than anything. The motorsports side is just a little extra icing.

Pretty much every site gave it a positive review so far. I'm getting this, but just the standard edition for now because it's almost $50 more for the deluxe. I'll get the season pass later.

Pretty excited. Can't wait to crank the stereo and listen to these cars. I'll need some alone time with those noises:lol:

Those reviews have convinced me to give it a try, anything that extends my PS4's life is a bonus right now. Its definitely going to be worth the £15 I pay for it this time next year lol, I work a year behind with games its better price and quality (updates).

For some "free" money to buy the game in the UK there's always places like ShopTo where you can get wallet top ups at a reduced price. I've used them before without problems. Their PS Plus deals are good too. It'll save you a good few quid.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Was mildly excited for this game since the announcement. It looks a bit like a spiritual successor to Driveclub which I enjoyed a lot back in the day. Since then I played a ton of GT Sport and some PC2 too. As a pad user I'm happy they fixed the handling.

Might be a stupid question, but was there any confirmation that the photomode they showcased a few days ago is supported on console versions?

Hey everyone!

Was mildly excited for this game since the announcement. It looks a bit like a spiritual successor to Driveclub which I enjoyed a lot back in the day. Since then I played a ton of GT Sport and some PC2 too. As a pad user I'm happy they fixed the handling.

Might be a stupid question, but was there any confirmation that the photomode they showcased a few days ago is supported on console versions?
I'm not confirming anything but why wouldn't the console version support photomode?

I'm not confirming anything but why wouldn't the console version support photomode?

Maybe I misunderstood something but it seemed to me that PC version of PC2 had a different photomode than console versions of the game.

Back