Project CARS 3 Plans Free Post-Launch DLC Tracks

That can only mean original tracks cause lets say they get the licence for le man again can they really make the track free?
I'm not so sure all of the cuts are a matter of licensing. Could it also have to do with stuffing the game onto a BluRay? PCARS2 on PS4 is 59.62GB.

I'm not so sure all of the cuts are a matter of licensing. Could it also have to do with stuffing the game onto a BluRay? PCARS2 on PS4 is 59.62GB.

possibly but I doubt it, as most games use the disc as a cd key/license of sorts, and the game data/installation is downloaded anyway.

I think this has more to do with them wanting to build out a roadmap of "exciting and free" content that will keep players engaged in the long term, similar to how gt sport released tracks or modern warfare continues to release free maps

I'm interested in seeing how they handle the post-launch support of this game since they are kind of in a lame duck phase right now (they are fufulling their contract with Bamco before being fully absorbed by Codies).

Hopefully they exceed my expectations but I'm not expecting anything too amazing for either car or track DLC.

possibly but I doubt it, as most games use the disc as a cd key/license of sorts, and the game data/installation is downloaded anyway.

Ive not come across any , unless its like that on pc..im on ps4 and xbox..I only get games on disc, having a slow download speed, and i install from disc first with no internet connection, usually about 40-50 gig on the disc, that saves me a couple of days having to download...

The games marketing director gave a response to someone on the forum complaining about no Le Mans his answer was 'we should have got you to negotiate" Qlso said Spa was too expensive on discord. So it seems the game does not have the budget for these tracks.

IF -and we've heard all these promises before- there are DLC tracks im willing to bet they will be fictional

Last edited:
The games marketing director gave a response to someone on the forum complaining about no Le Mans his answer was 'we should have got you to negotiate" also said Spa was too expensive etc. So it seems the game does not have the budget for these tracks.

IF -and we've heard all these promises before- there are DLC tracks im willing to bet they will be fictional

This is taken out of context.

The question was in the lines of "can't be that hard to negotiate a deal", to which the Marketing Director replied in jest "you should come and negotiate it with us"

This is taken out of context.

The question was in the lines of "can't be that hard to negotiate a deal", to which the Marketing Director replied in jest "you should come and negotiate it with us"

Literally was a response to a complaint

Last edited:
Literally was a response to a complaint

77rpFo.jpg

Uh, would you look at that? Guess I was talking about a different occasion, with a similar response.

I still watch the full intro everytime I play PC2. Im definitely preodering the deluxe edition. I'm also fine with free fictional open world tracks.

Ive not come across any , unless its like that on pc..im on ps4 and xbox..I only get games on disc, having a slow download speed, and i install from disc first with no internet connection, usually about 40-50 gig on the disc, that saves me a couple of days having to download...
Yes,The whole reason for disc's is to avoid downloading which on my phone would probably cost more than the game.
I'll be buying the PS5 disc version.

The games marketing director gave a response to someone on the forum complaining about no Le Mans his answer was 'we should have got you to negotiate" Qlso said Spa was too expensive on discord. So it seems the game does not have the budget for these tracks.

I'm not sure. There are more tracks in the world than just Spa and LeMans. The good thing with Spa is they could potentially find budget it for it post launch based on sales etc, the track is already modelled in engine.

But there are loads of circuits that could make it outside of those 2, lots of from Shift 2 that could potentially come back. Dijon Prenois, Irwindale, Enna Pergusa, Ebisu, Autopolis. And then of course there was lots of of fictional ones too.

Waiting for the ps5 version. Good news, indeed

What PS5 version?

You'll have to wait for PC4 for that.

Yes,The whole reason for disc's is to avoid downloading which on my phone would probably cost more than the game.
I'll be buying the PS5 disc version.

When they make PC4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe ovals like Bristol, Dover and Paris (from Grid 2019). This last would be good for formula E. Spa isn't necessary to me.

We know Reiza have an agreement with SMS to use some SMS tracks in AMS2. Perhaps the agreement is reciprocal? Seems a bit of a coincidence that Jerez appears first in AMS2 and now in PC3. Adelaide would fit the PC3 "vibe". If Spa and Le Mans are too expensive then maybe COTA or Red Bull Ring from PC2?

As a general marketing point, people do love free stuff. Its far better from a PR point of view to release a game with 56 tracks and "give away" 4 for free than release a game with 60 tracks to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:
But there are loads of circuits that could make it outside of those 2, lots of from Shift 2 that could potentially come back. Dijon Prenois, Irwindale, Enna Pergusa, Ebisu, Autopolis. And then of course there was lots of of fictional ones too.

I agree. Thats why the PC3 list is so underwhelming, Interlagos, Jerez are the only real world additions while removing 5 real tracks .

Expected quite a few non 'mainstream' tracks tis time out as is there tradition compare to other games. Would have been nice to get some Aussie V8 tracks, Norisring was asked for etc.

We know Reiza have an agreement with SMS to use some SMS tracks in AMS2. Perhaps the agreement is reciprocal? Seems a bit of a coincidence that Jerez appears first in AMS2 and now in PC3. Adelaide would fit the PC3 "vibe". If Spa and Le Mans are too expensive then maybe COTA or Red Bull Ring from PC2?
I would like Adélaïde so much...

I honestly don't get this obsession with Spa.
It's one of the most iconic tracks in motor racing history, and one of the few that is good to drive almost regardless of the car you are in, in fact, the challenge changes very much as you change cars. Oh, and it also contains one of the most iconic corners in motor racing history as well.

It's really not that difficult to understand why people love Spa and why it omission (regardless of how valid the reason is) is a loss, just as it was when it was absent from GTS.

There are so many other great tracks around the world.
Indeed that is true, and ideally, we should have them all, but realistically very few tracks around the world match up to Spa in terms of its status.

I think this has more to do with them wanting to build out a roadmap of "exciting and free" content that will keep players engaged in the long term, similar to how gt sport released tracks or modern warfare continues to release free maps
It could simply be production timelines too.

Tracks take a long time to make, or even update between titles. At some point you have to release the game, you can’t work on it forever (unless it’s Star Citizen) and release what’s ready, and plan the rest in for post-launch.

Would DiRT Rally 2.0 have been even better received if it came out a year later and had all 26 locations and 81 cars? Probably, but that game also likely wouldn’t have turned out the way it has now, as a year of community feedback had an enormous impact. It’s also the reason the “original locations” came as DLC, production focus was on the new locations for launch to give players something fresh while the older content was being rebuilt for the updated engine/visuals.

Last edited:
Is this going to be another GRID with a pathetic 3 tracks added despite half the tracks being cut?

There are a few tracks that, to me, have sort of a legendary status in terms of current and historic importance. On that list are (I might be missing some) Spa, Le Mans, Norschleiffe, Silverstone, Indianapolis, Monza and Suzuka. When one of them is missing in a game like this ( or GT, AC or Forza ) it to me feels like it's not entirely complete. In the past, PC combined these tracks with lesser known or used tracks which I really liked.

I am not sure though that SMS / Bandai Namco has the backing to release expensive tracks as free DLC. I read this is the plan as in we don't expect to be able to add AAA tracks so we plan on bringing fictional or cheap to license tracks as DLC. But if we manage to strike a good deal with an AAA track (like Spa) it will come as paid DLC

Is this going to be another GRID with a pathetic 3 tracks added despite half the tracks being cut?

Hardly half the tracks is it. Lost what, 4? Grid had hardly any content at all. PC3 still puts GT and Forza to shame.

Losing Spa is definitely my biggest disappointment with this game so far... No doubt it would be there if they could but there you go.

As far as what this track will be.. Obviously I would prefer a R/L Track to some Fantasy Street one but that's not to say they can't be fun.

I'd be very happy if it were a british track like Thruxton or Croft but we shall see.

Back