Project CARS 3 Plans Free Post-Launch DLC Tracks

What PS5 version?

You'll have to wait for PC4 for that.

When they make PC4.
All PS4 games released after July 13th must be PS5 compatible to pass PS4 certification. I'd say that expecting some sort of enhancement for next-gen isn't exactly unrealistic either (res bump, more solid framerate, etc.)

Thanks for all the replies, so good physics and pad handling is possible then.
Interesting to read that acc plays good on pad, looks good then in that respect for pc3 given that the guys from evolution studios are involved.

Whilst it’s still not going to be for me I do hope that it does well both for sms and users that will enjoy the title, as I’d say pc1 was my introduction to the world of sim racing and I appreciate the talent that the studio possesses and hope that they’ll have a follow up more suitable for me down the line.

One of the main things I never liked about Forza is that it does have a distinct "hand of god" effect that aids oversteer recovery. The physics would be rather respectable without it, but after FH1 (which I did enjoy for many many hours), I was just sick of it. Normal or "Sim" steering, it doesn't make a difference.

As drifty as those games are, the trajectories of drifts are thrown off by that hidden assist. It is not an overstatement to say I'd probably have an XBone instead of a PS4 if not for that trait. A drop of sewage in a glass of wine, metaphorically -- no offense to Forza fans, just my feeling on how it impacts my experience in an otherwise grand franchise.

By the way, I suppose this thread is thoroughly off-topic now... ;)

By the way, I suppose this thread is thoroughly off-topic now... ;)

It certainly is, so let’s get back on-track ;)

What tracks would people here (a) like to see and (b) expect to see in these updates?

Let’s ignore Spa and Le Mans since everyone’s talked about them to death already. What other options are there?

What tracks would people here (a) like to see and (b) expect to see in these updates?

Let’s ignore Spa and Le Mans since everyone’s talked about them to death already. What other options are there?

There was a talk about more ovals, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Phoenix Raceway.

@PJTierney -- Tsukuba is a personal favorite from all the time I spent with it in EPR. I saw you suggest it would be too expensive to license in the track list thread, though.

I also like the idea of certain tracks from S2U possibly making a comeback, as @MagpieRacer suggested. Ebisu and Autopolis would be cool.

A proper mountain pass would be great, fictional or not. Something gnarly like the first bit of California Highway, perhaps with a dramatic change in elevation for hillclimbs and downhill runs.

To echo @Wolfe 's thoughts, I would be totally on board with tracks from the Shift series making a comeback, as well as a mountain pass route. Something like Okutama Sprint in GRID with narrower roads would be great! :)

Macau.

@FT-1 -- It's hard to hide that I grew up with Initial D, Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune, the Tokyo Xtreme Racer games...

I still love old European cars but I've really found my groove since putting on my Subaru fanboy hat and embracing "JDM, yo". :D

Well current le man is been talked about to death yes but that's current le man i don't really care about current le man that much, Vintage le man is the one i would give a kidney to have back.:(

To answer your question i would love to see Twin ring Motegi makes is pcars debut.

I’ll forego (b) because I work at Codemasters and people may take words out of context (even though I know nothing) :sly:

Looking at Forza Motorsport 7, a game I enjoyed for quite a while, these tracks would be nice to see on top of what’s already confirmed:

• Circuit of the Americas
  • Homestead Miami Speedway (and infield courses)
  • Lime Rock Park
  • Road Atlanta
  • Sebring
  • Virginia International Raceway
  • Yas Marina Circuit

I'd love to see a game revive fictional circuits from older games like Project Gotham Racing, Driveclub and earlier entries in the Gran Turismo, Forza and Grid series.

I think Project Cars 3 would be a good fit for doing this kind of thing.

A few tracks I'd love to see added are Okayama, Zandvoort, Adelaide and Magny Cours (and some of the bigger American tracks missing like Sebring)

I'd love to see a game revive fictional circuits from older games like Project Gotham Racing, Driveclub and earlier entries in the Gran Turismo, Forza and Grid series.

I think Project Cars 3 would be a good fit for doing this kind of thing.

I suppose they could add tracks like R246, Seattle or New York since they're based on real roads (kind of like how games add Monaco despite not having the license), but I'm not sure they could add completely fictional tracks.

I guess I've never really paid enough attention to the credits to see if the fictional tracks are listed in the copyright section.

I suppose they could add tracks like R246, Seattle or New York since they're based on real roads (kind of like how games add Monaco despite not having the license), but I'm not sure they could add completely fictional tracks.

I guess I've never really paid enough attention to the credits to see if the fictional tracks are listed in the copyright section.
Even if they are copyrighted, I'm sure SMS could get around it, like with Sakitto.

I would love to see Sebring.

Its so few games on Console that has it, and I am so tired of all the usual tracks we have in all the other games.

I dont even think any game on PS4 has it ?

On Console its only Forza as far as i remember.

I am so tired of all the usual tracks we have in all the other games.
I'd agree, most games have mostly the same circuits. I understand their popularity but it does get a bit samey always seeing the usual suspects. That's why I like the less seen, more obscure tracks.

Fictional tracks, if done well, are fine by me too. Although I'd prefer it if they were more racing circuit oriented than the more open road variety. Approximations like Sakitto are a great way to nearly include famous circuits (I find that more enjoyable than the "original") and I wish SMS would do more like that.

Bannochbrae is so good that I would like to be able to try it in reverse - even if that doesn't work as well, it would increase variety.

Sebring both new and old - however I suspect that like that other famous airfield circuit, Silverstone, the old layouts might be much better to race on than the current layout. A fictional old Sebring would be nice - with the wide airfield sections marked out by barrels and bales, old aircraft and the narrow twisty sections. There even used to be aircraft taking off during races!

There are plenty of good circuits from the UK already so I would prefer to see more tracks from other countries added - there are lots of great ones in the USA which have already been mentioned like Lime Rock and VIR.

Personally I like the circuits which are not currently used for F1 as these are generally too wide and lacking in close features to produce a good sense of speed / good gaming experience. There are some great former F1 tracks such as Dijon Prenois and Charade in France.

There are many old tracks - no longer used because they would be too dangerous and / or they failed economically - just a few random suggestions from memory (and I don't mind if they are just inspired by rather than actual replicas) - Greenwood Roadway USA (supposedly the inspiration for Deep Forest in the GT series), Longford Tasmania (used in the Tasman series races) - a superb road circuit with two wooden bridges - one long curving one bordered by wooden posts and a brick railway bridge passed under at an angle - the bricks protected from damage by a few hay bales!
Riverside Raceway - one of the USA's most important and historic defunct tracks - like many now under a shopping mall and a victim of urban sprawl. Bridgehampton - another great historic track which like Zandvoort had a reputation for sand on the circuit.

A personal favourite (from my reading about motorsport) is Meadowdale International Raceway - it was built in the 1950's during a crazed rush to cash in on the sports car racing boom - as a result everything about it had to be the biggest, the best, the most extreme - so we have the longest straightaway in America (0.75 miles) - the steepest banked corner (the Monza Wall - 7 degrees steeper than old Monza). The cars passing by each other at one point separated only by wooden posts - the cars racing past an old grain silo - how much more fun can you have in a game SMS than racing on a track considered too dangerous even in the 1950's!

A track editor would be nice would really give the game longevity, perhaps as an incentive the best home made tracks could be featured in online competitions.

Dundrod, home to the Ulster Grand Prix motorcycle race was also used for car races in the 1950s.
Not too far from Ian Bells home town, would love to drive it in a decent car sim.
A ropey version of it is in ride 2 if anyone wants to check it out.

Not really relevent,to be honest,I'm not playing the game "properly",just doing what works for me.

In the context of the conversation its relevant. I see this a lot from people who claim to have comfortable controller settings or enjoy the pad handling, they all seem unable to just post their settings for others to try..

It would also take 3 years to design and build as that's an enormous feature.

Not necessarily, SMS clearly have a track editing program they use to make their tracks, granted it would need to be simplified though...

In the context of the conversation its relevant. I see this a lot from people who claim to have comfortable controller settings or enjoy the pad handling, they all seem unable to just post their settings for others to try..
You do realise there are plenty of threads and posts in PC2 forums for these "mysterious" controller settings, the forum has a search function too if you really need to find them

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/any-good-controller-settings.376870/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ble-enjoying-pc2.385565/page-10#post-13117644

Sorry to say but if you think driving PC2 on a controller is hard I think the problem isn't the game, if it were "easy" we'd all be eSports champions and McLaren would be calling us up to join their F1 driver line up

You do realise there are plenty of threads and posts in PC2 forums for these "mysterious" controller settings, the forum has a search function too if you really need to find them

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ble-enjoying-pc2.385565/page-10#post-13117644

Sorry to say but if you think driving PC2 on a controller is hard I think the problem isn't the game, if it were "easy" we'd all be eSports champions and McLaren would be calling us up to join their F1 driver line up

Its not hard, its just about as satisfying as eating dry toast lol. Ive tried so many settings on that game hours and hours and its very difficult to get it in the window... Having to adjust each time you change vehicle is just a complete joke...

I'm not asking the game to be easy, I'm asking for the game to be consistent and feel good to play, ACC isn't easy and is far better to play on a pad that PC2. There were fundamental issues with pad control, there are a few people who put up with it and as I've said, good on them. Good pad handling doesn't have any bearing over whether someone can become an esport champion as using a wheel is generally the fastest way regerdless of how good a game feels on a pad.

A game that needs multiple threads and draws endless criticism for wonky pad handling, has bad pad handling. A game that couldn't even be defended by the devs for its pad handling, has bad pad handling. A game whose sequels first bullet points were, improved pad handling and had all the developers reassuring people about the pad handling being improved, had bad pad handling.

If PC2 was so good on a pad, the pad handling wouldn't have needed to be overhauled and talked about almost more than anything else from the devs in the early days of this games announcement. People can hide behind their experiences thats fine, as I've said, if people found it good to play with a pad then great for them. But it was far from good and was deeply flawed.

Back