Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Not that a "dedicated server" on PC sets any difference. There's even host migration to them (lol), which of course causes so many disconnections when the "host" leaves. On "dedis", on PC.

Oh man their next game better be something funny along the lines of Driveclub so some may take a break from sims. Assetto Competizione official launch could really make competition to that one of PC2 two years ago speaking of games released unfinished. I'm just a bit tired of the many issues "sims" are always released with, and in the end don't get them stuff completely ironed out.

All I want a Driveclub game with good humble semi-sim physics, which irremediably means little car tunning too and simulated stuff. I know Codemaster is launching a Grid reboot soon (I had som much fun with the first tittle, both online and off), but Driveclub style of game and Grid ain't precisely the same thing at all. I like things to be kept serious Driveclub style, not the buddy mood typical from codies.

Releasing a complete game without annoying bugs should always be the first objective. And since the first version is the reference for 90% of the reviews it is quite important for the reception of a game.

Besides that yes please to more classic f1 cars and tracks. Also a bit repetitive but dynamic career mode and custom championships. Implementation of (virtual) safety cars, yellow flags and AI on roughly the same behaviour model.

Some suggestions for the career mode. I like the current structure but a bigger emphasis on the team, advancing by achieving goals instead of only winning and adding rivals to your person which follow you in different classes.

Also I'd love to see something like a historic journey with information on classic cars / events that are recreated. Perhaps to avoid it being too long divided in chapters / time periods.

If you want a proper career mode you definitely need stuff and cars to be unlocked, granting some proper sense of progression. That philosophy of take everything from the start with everything unlocked (just win event cups) because I'm some lazy worm or because I don't have time (then don't play bro) needs to go, as It kills anything that tries to be a progressive career, always.

I think SMS should stay away from deep comprehensive simulation stuff in the next game, and focus on basic stuff that works very well without compromises tied to complicated sim stuff. The tremendous awful ACC release has already left me tired of this situation regarding sims. I just want a new PGR4 or Driveclub with superior physics that don't cause any trouble to the games integrity. That is all.

Reiza using the madness engine for AMS 2 changes things for me.

Reiza has developed probably what some consider the best physics for a commercial simulation, aside from ISI.

I would REALLY like to see this relationship grow into a Reiza physics/SMS live track 3.0/
Madness graphics PC3.

If @IanBell was kind enough to share Madness, shouldn't Reiza coach the physics development?

Maybe content and physics are part of that deal? We'll probably never know unless they say in a marketing line.

Could be.
All I know is what I read elsewhere with Reiza saying SMS gets "a portion" of their sales.

The sim comes out around Christmas this year on PC, I'm beyond excited for it.

The community has put ideas forward before about their "dream team" and Reiza using Madness is way up there for me.

If they were to strike a deal some could say we'd have two identical sims but I'd disagree.
Reiza tends to focus heavy with championships from South America, whereas SMS is worldwide and hits many racing genres.

Online driver changes. Yes I know there's a driver change function for Project Cars 2 but you get an AI to drive your car. What I would want to see is the ability for two (or three) online users to be allocated for a single car. They can swap whenever they choose to from a menu when pitting, or it can be done from the MFD beforehand.

If you want a proper career mode you definitely need stuff and cars to be unlocked, granting some proper sense of progression. That philosophy of take everything from the start with everything unlocked (just win event cups) because I'm some lazy worm or because I don't have time (then don't play bro) needs to go, as It kills anything that tries to be a progressive career, always.
On the flip side, cars and tracks locked down behind a career progression kills the appeal for the game for those who have no interest in offline racing. Me for example. Having cars and tracks locked away also limits the ability of leagues to create schedules as you don't know who has what car and what track combos.

Edit:
I'm going to redact this info as the interview with Renato was published on another site.

Last edited:
On the flip side, cars and tracks locked down behind a career progression kills the appeal for the game for those who have no interest in offline racing. Me for example. Having cars and tracks locked away also limits the ability of leagues to create schedules as you don't know who has what car and what track combos.

I guess I fall into the lazy worm side of this scenario. I have no interest in racing online with other people and I also have no interest in doing anything in a career. I would rather have everything unlocked and ready to use when I purchase the game. I run quick 10 lap races with no practice or qualifying sessions.

I still believe you can have an sandbox with everything unlocked to use in custom races and custom championships and next to that a career with progression based on results.

My ideal picture for a career would be progress based on both results in your championship and sponsorship earned in invitationals / manufacturer events. For example you start in Ginetta Junior: if you finish top two you can go to any team in GT4, if you finish between 3 and 6 you can go to some teams / cars in GT4. However you can earn money in an invitational to buy yourself in to a better / different team.

This system can be applied to GT3 and onwards. Teams in higher tiers or better cars in the same class can give you a target when they are interested in you. For example the Ferrari GT3 is interested in you if you finish top 3 in GT4 but the McLaren GT3 team only wants you if you win the championship. In higher classes like IndyCar or LMP1 teams like Toyota or Penske might only want you after experience in the class.

This all would of course require championships to have different weather and scenario's in the next season. Also the top of the championship going to the next class with you would be nice. If for example you race in European Formula 3 finding the top of that championship combined with the top of the American and Asian series in Formula 2 would be nice.

I have lots of ideas about this and love to brainstorm about this so just give a shout if you need some inspiration Ian :P

My suggestion, make it for mad box only and make a wheel for it. Soon as mad box is out am buying one as sony and polyphony digital are not listening to anyone. If you compare all the main sim racing games dating back from ps1, you have gt then came alone toca and grid then project cars. Project cars aims for full career mode and open access to any type of car, theres no levels etc. Its for what players want. Today in 2019, the fastest growing sim racer is by far project cars due to its multi class cars and insanely endless career mode plus online play, maybe now they have learned enough to move on to their own console. One thing i would like to see is project cars 3 is complete removal of social based features.

^You may not have heard about it, but looks like the Madbox project is in jeopardy after they learnt of Stadia. I don't believe it is because of the streaming console, but that's just what MrBell has said so far (That a couple of very serious investors have quit funding the Madbox project because of Stadia I think It was). I mean rest assured that next SMS games will be multiplatform.

I see myself going back to GT7 on ps5, given pc2 has more or less run its course, and ACC turned out to be the ultimate mess not to mention the trololol scam regarding the matchmaking. And there I was thinking PC2 release had been like the greatest disaster ever.., oh well. And the physics of acc?, there's something wrong to them just like it happened with ac1 too, so I don't think I'm sticking with acc for too long but for just a couple of races from time to time.

So many improvements are to be expected in GT7 regarding simulation. Just let us wait and see. Also, we are supposed to go back to good old school GT career mode with hundreds of hours waiting to unlock stuff and driving every single car but with the improved physics that the game will be supposed to come with. The true old golden GT experience for single player, combined with the online improvements that sport has brought. GT7 should be a sim to stick with for quite a long time span.

I'll guess I'll finish where I began regarding racing games that are not about rally, with GT series. I'm really really looking forward to seeing what GT7 will be all about. Can't wait to return home, in other words to return to GT after almost two decades.

Last edited:
^You may not have heard about it, but looks like the Madbox project is in jeopardy after they learnt of Stadia. I don't believe it is because of the streaming console, but that's just what MrBell has said so far (That a couple of very serious investors have quit funding the Madbox project because of Stadia I think It was). I mean rest assured that next SMS games will be multiplatform.

I see myself going back to GT7 on ps5, given pc2 has more or less run its course, and ACC turned out to be the ultimate mess not to mention the trololol scam regarding the matchmaking. And there I was thinking PC2 release had been like the greatest disaster ever.., oh well. And the physics of acc?, there's something wrong to them just like it happened with ac1 too, so I don't think I'm sticking with acc for too long but for just a couple of races from time to time.

So many improvements are to be expected in GT7 regarding simulation. Just let us wait and see. Also, we are supposed to go back to good old school GT career mode with hundreds of hours waiting to unlock stuff and driving every single car but with the improved physics that the game will be supposed to come with. The true old golden GT experience for single player, combined with the online improvements that sport has brought. GT7 should be a sim to stick with for quite a long time span.

I'll guess I'll finish where I began regarding racing games that are not about rally, with GT series. I'm really really looking forward to seeing what GT7 will be all about. Can't wait to return home, in other words to return to GT after almost two decades.

:( well maybe ian bell will join sony and help make the ps5 better. I deleted gt sport and i wont be going back to it, caused me to be assaulted by rivals, stress and a rank drivers are the dirtiest i have ever known. As a game gt sport is a failure like driveclub. I support pc2 and just got dirt 2. Good thing with rally is the co driver and been a lonely person a co driver is kinda like company for me if you get what i mean. Plus eagerly awaiting grid autosport, if polyphony digital permantly remove the followers feature so blocked players cant harass you in real and setting to keep profile private i may consider to re download it. Until then, its rally as its a change and somewhere to go flat out without the undeveloped featuses that cause chaos in sport mode lol. Plus i had a brain tumar and i will forget about gt sport in a week, i already forgot my ac and dirt psn account passwords and email address

Gran Turismo needs to drastically improve their physics and tire model before I'd consider it again.

From what I've felt regarding ACC, I'd be quite content if PC3 was similiar. ACC is phenomenal especially the braking feel under a loadcell.

Then again, I'd also be very happy if Renato from Reiza could assist SMS a bit with PC3, very excited for AMS 2 this holiday season running Madness.

Gran Turismo needs to drastically improve their physics and tire model before I'd consider it again.

From what I've felt regarding ACC, I'd be quite content if PC3 was similiar. ACC is phenomenal especially the braking feel under a loadcell.

Then again, I'd also be very happy if Renato from Reiza could assist SMS a bit with PC3, very excited for AMS 2 this holiday season running Madness.

Sim racing games have changed. For console i think project cars 3 will be the real sim, gran turismo will be aimed sim funish online and acc could game on ps4 but doubt it could on the xbox. So as usual, we have to buy them all. If only acc studio, slightly mad, codemasters, kyltonn (wrc) and polyphony digital joined up to make a one sim racing game where all motorsport is in one game and a massive game where offline play is 60% of the focus and the other is on online with the fia. Then we could save money and just buy a season pass every year and no one will be arguing over customers :)

Official WEC with this years Super season and IMSA would be awesome .

Also the Cadillac GT3 and New Acura NSX GT3. For some reason Acura make the NSX better than Honda. America makes better cars and also all naturally aspiritated, all cars should have american na powered engines.

Brands usually develop turbo aspirated engines because they are low cost when compared to aspirated. You know, just make the engine smaller and insert big turbo rather than making a big engine very high rev'd.

One of the advantages of smaller turbo engines over big high revs aspirated is that they won't lose power when they racing takes place at some altitude over the sea floor. However, I do agree big aspirated engines at high revolutions always come as the more natural and friendly way when it comes to racing on tarmac tracks. Turbo is useful in rally racing though.

I for one don't like turbo engines for track racing as well. And yes looking at F1 too...

Is it? I have not personally seen any evidence for that. Sources?

By comparing project cars to gt sport, it is sim and it was there while gt sport wasnt, it had more content and more tracks and i look forward to project cars three. My opinion is my own, not yours.

By comparing project cars to gt sport, it is sim and it was there while gt sport wasnt, it had more content and more tracks and i look forward to project cars three. My opinion is my own, not yours.
Ok fair enough. I'd love to see some stats about game sales for PC2 in comparison to the other sims - ACC for example. I think the consensus is that PC2 sold less than PC1 but that doesn't reveal how it is tracking next to its competitors like RF2, AC, ACC, iRacing, AM etc, and yes even GT Sport.

Publishers seem reluctant these days to publish sales figures.

I wouldn't say it's the fastest growing racer but I have noticed recently a number of new people on the Pcars2 threads who have either given the game another try or have bought it for the first time, and seem to be enjoying it. So if it's just on these threads there's possibly more overall.

Maybe some are getting disillusioned/bored with other games and going "Hey this PC2 isn't bad". Which can only be for the good this and of any future titles.

And to be fair the "finished" game with all the DLC is a pretty complete racing game that has something for everyone. (Yes, there's always room for improvement)

I wouldn't say it's the fastest growing racer but I have noticed recently a number of new people on the Pcars2 threads who have either given the game another try or have bought it for the first time, and seem to be enjoying it. So if it's just on these threads there's possibly more overall.

Maybe some are getting disillusioned/bored with other games and going "Hey this PC2 isn't bad". Which can only be for the good this and of any future titles.

And to be fair the "finished" game with all the DLC is a pretty complete racing game that has something for everyone. (Yes, there's always room for improvement)

Its on offer in the psn store, whole project cars one for less than a tenner with all dlc and project cars two and dirt rally one and two were also well priced. As racing fan i will always buy all racing sim games. Hope was they all would do daily race and for one week i would take in turns on all racing on nurb 24hr but they dont do that lol

Also the Cadillac GT3 and New Acura NSX GT3. For some reason Acura make the NSX better than Honda. America makes better cars and also all naturally aspiritated, all cars should have american na powered engines.

Personally I find the Acura NSX GT3 pretty boring to drive in PC2 and the Cadillac is too ugly :lol:.
And as much as I love a bit of American Muscle I can’t agree they make the best NA engines sorry.

Suggested Track - Riverside International Raceway - until it was built on and became a shopping mall, Riverside was one of the most significant of all US tracks holding major races in almost all categories including Nascar, Indy, Sports and Saloon.

Suggested Car - 1960 Scarab 2.5 litre front engine F1 - America's first F1 car and although a glorious failure in period (made obsolete by the rear engine revolution), now a great success in Historic F1 racing - currently owned and driven by Julian Bronson (UK).

All they need to do is fix everything they didn't fix the first time.

The camera in photo mode keeps freezing then sometimes works again other times game needs to be turned off an on again.

Honestly if there aren’t any real working flags and either a safety car or virtual safety car in the next game don’t include endurance racing or circuit racing. you might as well just make a Rallycross sim

Back