Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
I want to be able to practice a specific corner or section of the track over and over without needing to do the rest of the track.

Example, T1 at brands hatch. Select that portion of the track and the game loads the straight, going into T1, and you exit down the hill, and blend back into the straight before T1. Obviously the realistic options are limited but some level of that would be awesome.
I've learned the best system (for me) to improve is endurance racing. When I do custom races against AI, I shoot for 12-15 laps, and will often repeat the race with higher AI difficulty after finishing the first time. Like previously stated, the rhythm of the track helps prepare me for those tough sections when I end up competing with others at a later date. Not that I don't like the GTSport license and track missions; they do have their merits. But until I connect those tough sections with the rhythm of a full lap, they still seem to cause me issues. And believe me, I feel I can be one of the worst when it comes to dropping bad habbits and learning how to attack certain sections of a track. Sometimes my greatest opponent is myself!

I vote handling realism should take top priority. I would like to see at least 4-5 cars in each class of historic/vintage race cars.
I'm always up for more vintage race cars!

I'm not in the business of wish lists.
I'm thinking about how 3 could possibly be improved.

The Madness engine is great, we have the tracks, cars, and content but what could be done or adjusted to really wake up those that may be on the fence?

Graphics.
They look very good on my vanilla PS4 but up against GT not great.

Weather.
Do you use it?
A vast majority of online races never have weather, the track surface is always almost certainly dry.
What if SMS scrubbed live track 3.0 and put those cores used to graphics?
Smooth it out and put the jaggy police to rest.

Pull back the reigns a little and focus in this order.
Physics
Appearance
Matchmaking
CRL/Penalties
Tracks
Cars

Your thoughts?

The game is ok, of course can be improved. First step they have to improve the wheel support, configuration and FBB, beacuse people get crazy to setup, and that's not only my opinion but a lot of people is agree. Second step, theu need to work on AI, must be equilibrate, some events AI is good at 80-90, some other events you need to decrease at 50, 55, big confusion.
The rest is great, I like career mode, graphic is good, physic is good, if I have to vote from 1 to 10 I would say 8.5 ot 9. Well done.

I’m using a CSL elite. The problems are well documented and I believe admitted, at least I’ve read through long posts here and on the PCars form.

There’s a 25 page thread on the PCars forum about it. It appears to be specifically on fanatec wheels, not sure if it’s limited to consoles, but anyone on PC seems to use custom ffb files anyways.

I agree with this, and definitely prefer this, it's even how the brake pedal in my own car is, and i'm sure in most racecars. But theres also many cars which are not like this, and more based on just how far you depress the pedal, so the realism would be a plus but it's not a dealbreaker. :)
Unless it's a brake by wire system then it's based on pressure and how hard you step on the brake pedal.

That's simply how real world braking systems work.

Some will allow more travel as a lot of modern cars are over servo'd, but it's still a pressure based system at the end of the day.

It would be cool to put some dodge vipers in the game. Bugatti, Koeniggsig, and Maseratti would be cool too, Some gt1 homologation cars would be cool too.

Maybe I have some kind of subconscious bias that I'm unaware of, but owning nearly all PS4 sim racing games, PCars2 is hands down my favoirite. Hardly a flop in my book. And I enjoy playing Assetto, GTSport, Dirt Rally, but whenever I dive into PCars2 I end up racing all night and until the sun comes up. It's just the most immersive, most enjoyable experience to me. I can't help but think you're missing out on something.
Track list, and gameplay are better, but the thing Project Cars lacks is car list. If had more cars, and a better career mode that would make the game better, but with Sony backing gran turismo, and Microsoft backing Forza, it's going to be hard for Slightly Mad studios.

Minor nitpick more than anything else.. Slightly better Menu music and stuff.

I really don't need to consistently know that you grew up watching Senna and uh listening to Senna and obsessed with how he did stuff.. Get's old very quickly :P

But if that's my biggest complaint things can't be that bad ;D
Bruce Mclaren, far more impressive than Senna. Bruce came from nothing, built his car, the company, his career,
Senna was born into money, I always thought he was a bully on the track. Mclaren had class, as well as talent.

For now, I'm missing the sound of the transmission (whine) of cars and better effects of smoke, for PC3,
best graphics for sure!

Better out of the box controller support.... Wish I had room for a wheel but don't currently . Also would love to see entire Indycar series with vintage CART Champcars.

Much better AA is a must!

Better FFB!

Match Raceroom's Sound!

Dedicated Servers!

Content wise pcars 2 is already incredible they just need to fine tune it all for it all to work that bit better for a more polished game. Im not sure Ice Racing is needed and probalbly takes up resources that could be better spent elsewhere in the game.

I'm not in the business of wish lists.
I'm thinking about how 3 could possibly be improved.

The Madness engine is great, we have the tracks, cars, and content but what could be done or adjusted to really wake up those that may be on the fence?

Graphics.
They look very good on my vanilla PS4 but up against GT not great.

Weather.
Do you use it?
A vast majority of online races never have weather, the track surface is always almost certainly dry.
What if SMS scrubbed live track 3.0 and put those cores used to graphics?
Smooth it out and put the jaggy police to rest.

Pull back the reigns a little and focus in this order.
Physics
Appearance
Matchmaking
CRL/Penalties
Tracks
Cars

Your thoughts?
We run weather in our league races quite often.
My priorities are cars, more historic in the same class, preferably 60s trans am.
Tracks
Realism in handling takes priority over graphics any day.
Remove the remaining bugs in the pit saving.

Tell that to literally every game developer in the world right now.
A bug in GTS was just discovered that allows you to refresh your tires to brand new while out on track, simply by pulling up the pause menu and hitting a couple of buttons, no pitstop needed:odd:. There's also a grip bug that allowed players to gain 2 or 3 seconds a lap that was recently patched:odd:. I daresay the budget of GTSport is many multiples of that for PCars2. If it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone. Still hate all the bugs no matter who made them and where they are, but it does seem nigh on impossible to avoid them completely.

My wish for PCars3 would be a much more robust driver rating system, something groundbreaking and class leading and more classic cars including road cars. I am enjoying the FFB so far (new T300) but IMO, it doesn't have quite the same feel for the front end of the car that AC does. How they do it I don't know, but I just feel like I know what's going on with the front end during braking and up to the apex in AC much moreso than in PCars2. After the apex and the rest of the track feels just as good in both games to me.

Yeah, games are more complex than ever and bugs happen, but there are so many games out there that are not "buggy", and not even remotely like PCARS2 was at launch. How does one manage to play only buggy games and nothing else? :boggled:

It seems simple to me -- for example, if it says Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, or Bethesda on the box, avoid it! Or be prepared for problems. Is it an indie game? Read a review! Is it made by a known developer? You should have a reasonable idea of what to expect from their previous titles. Are you playing on PC? Well, cross your fingers. :lol: :P

A bug in GTS was just discovered that allows you to refresh your tires to brand new while out on track, simply by pulling up the pause menu and hitting a couple of buttons, no pitstop needed:odd:. There's also a grip bug that allowed players to gain 2 or 3 seconds a lap that was recently patched:odd:. I daresay the budget of GTSport is many multiples of that for PCars2. If it can happen to them, it can happen to anyone. Still hate all the bugs no matter who made them and where they are, but it does seem nigh on impossible to avoid them completely.

My wish for PCars3 would be a much more robust driver rating system, something groundbreaking and class leading and more classic cars including road cars. I am enjoying the FFB so far (new T300) but IMO, it doesn't have quite the same feel for the front end of the car that AC does. How they do it I don't know, but I just feel like I know what's going on with the front end during braking and up to the apex in AC much moreso than in PCars2. After the apex and the rest of the track feels just as good in both games to me.
For me, on controller, it's reverse. AC has loose front end and planted in the rear. PC2 communicates steering well, but is more loose in the rear.

- More camber adjustment. The real V8 Supercars, can be adjusted to -10° of camber(see 2017 Phillip Island commentary for reference). -5° maximum now, isn't close to a standard front camber set up.

For me, on controller, it's reverse. AC has loose front end and planted in the rear. PC2 communicates steering well, but is more loose in the rear.

- More camber adjustment. The real V8 Supercars, can be adjusted to -10° of camber(see 2017 Phillip Island commentary for reference). -5° maximum now, isn't close to a standard front camber set up.
I guess I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about loose or tight, I was talking about the feel through the wheel for the front end and what is happening there. I can just feel it much clearer in AC than in PCars2.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't talking about loose or tight, I was talking about the feel through the wheel for the front end and what is happening there. I can just feel it much clearer in AC than in PCars2.
You were very clear in your first post. I'll not use the word "loose". It's a weird one with that feel. In AC, it's lack of feel. In PC2, the controller stick feels weighted (to me). Trust, I understand what you mean.

- road cars should be grouped by era, rather than Nurburgring Nordschliefe times. Example: 1980's Supercar, 1990's Supercar, Muscle Car, Vintage Sports Sedans under 2000cc, Vintage Sport Sedans over 2000cc, etc.

Makes it more consistent with how the race cars are grouped. Vintage GT-A, Vintage GT-B, etc.

Nurburgring times should not be used to make classes anyway. I brought it up in the Q&A and there are so many other factors involved.

- road cars should be grouped by era, rather than Nurburgring Nordschliefe times. Example: 1980's Supercar, 1990's Supercar, Muscle Car, Vintage Sports Sedans under 2000cc, Vintage Sport Sedans over 2000cc, etc.

Makes it more consistent with how the race cars are grouped. Vintage GT-A, Vintage GT-B, etc.

Why not Zoid...err, both? Have classes of cars based on pace, and classes of cars based on age/type. Cars can be in multiple classes and you can run the class you want. Want a "run anything" but competitive race? Use "Road D." Want an 80s car festival? Use "Road 80s." If you want to get really complex, how about using "Road D + Road 80s" for 80s cars that run at a similar pace? Worked pretty nicely for rFactor 1, right down to a class for each car so you could run all the cars in the class you want except the cheap one that blows the others away, or all the Ferraris across all classes. Then again, simple text files to edit to tweak things how you like and being able to set up a full season with any cars you want on any track you want with any rules and regulations you want worked pretty nice for that game too... but now that's just crazy talk.

Edit: actually the rF classes were only additive so you couldn't run just 80s cars from Road D in my example as it would be all of each(but no reason you couldn't make it work that way), but picking cars individually would have let you do that anyway. Got two ideas crossing paths in my head at the same time there.

Why not Zoid...err, both? Have classes of cars based on pace, and classes of cars based on age/type. Cars can be in multiple classes and you can run the class you want. Want a "run anything" but competitive race? Use "Road D." Want an 80s car festival? Use "Road 80s." If you want to get really complex, how about using "Road D + Road 80s" for 80s cars that run at a similar pace? Worked pretty nicely for rFactor 1, right down to a class for each car so you could run all the cars in the class you want except the cheap one that blows the others away, or all the Ferraris across all classes. Then again, simple text files to edit to tweak things how you like and being able to set up a full season with any cars you want on any track you want with any rules and regulations you want worked pretty nice for that game too... but now that's just crazy talk.

Edit: actually the rF classes were only additive so you couldn't run just 80s cars from Road D in my example as it would be all of each(but no reason you couldn't make it work that way), but picking cars individually would have let you do that anyway. Got two ideas crossing paths in my head at the same time there.
I have the pick individual cars as a wish in the wishlist thread.

Back