Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Of course it makes business sense to fix pc2 first. If they were to go by your model they would abandon pc2 right now for pc3. Who would buy pc3 after that behaviour? No console users for sure. How many current customers will that upset?

Which is why sms are still working on fixes for pc2.

Reputation makes and breaks sales and entire businesses. You also have to go above and beyond to repair a bad rep (the bad rep automatically costs a business money thru lost sales and the subsequent rep repair work). NB: this is more than just patches.

It would also be a poor businees model that would have to factor in rep repair work as part of the strategy. (They expect failiure? Why?) Sound businesses don't have to do this.

I personally know plenty of people who didn't buy pc2 solely because of pc1. And people who left pc2 for AC because of pc1 (if pc1 was abandoned instead of finished then why persevere with pc2 for the same result?).

It's such obvious [and universally accepted] business sense that I can't believe some actually want to question it.

For e.g. https://www.reputationmanagement.com/blog/the-cost-of-a-bad-reputation/
I'm not saying to not support it at all. That would be ridiculous. Wherever you got that from my initial post confuses me.

What I was saying is that the costs of a further year of updates didn't justify the benefits associated with it. It's not like the head guys at SMS are idiots. They know what effect reputation can have on a business. A large quantity of them were on the team when they were on GTR2, NFS Shift and PC. Therefore, they experienced the backlash from going to EA.

I've never questioned whatever you think I'm questioning. What I'm thinking is that they did a Cost-Benefit Analysis and did not see any benefit for supporting an extra year. Wherever you got "don't support it at all," I don't know.

How you can say it makes obvious business sense when you don't have any of their figures makes no sense to me. Business decisions is based off numbers. Not "let's do what mattikake says."

I think the dearth of activity in this forum and the official forum, for a game released just a few months ago, speaks volumes about how well this title was received. Frankly I'd be shocked if there was a PC3 unless it was a slimmed down, near carbon copy of PC2, designed mainly for eSports competition. I could be wrong and it could be selling like hotcakes and people just don't come online to post about it, but I doubt it. It's unfortunate because underneath it all is the potential for greatness but a myriad of factors have combined to make it a difficult game to enjoy for a lot of people.

Of course it makes business sense to fix pc2 first. If they were to go by your model they would abandon pc2 right now for pc3. Who would buy pc3 after that behaviour? No console users for sure. How many current customers will that upset?

Which is why sms are still working on fixes for pc2.

Reputation makes and breaks sales and entire businesses. You also have to go above and beyond to repair a bad rep (the bad rep automatically costs a business money thru lost sales and the subsequent rep repair work). NB: this is more than just patches.

It would also be a poor businees model that would have to factor in rep repair work as part of the strategy. (They expect failiure? Why?) Sound businesses don't have to do this.

I personally know plenty of people who didn't buy pc2 solely because of pc1. And people who left pc2 for AC because of pc1 (if pc1 was abandoned instead of finished then why persevere with pc2 for the same result?).

It's such obvious [and universally accepted] business sense that I can't believe some actually want to question it.

For e.g. https://www.reputationmanagement.com/blog/the-cost-of-a-bad-reputation/
Yeah perhaps like this fix! I'll leave it at that.Reputation !
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gm-rec...-decade-after-finding-ignition-switch-defect/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_Chapter_11_reorganization
Yeah the Government bailed them out for making 🤬 cars for years.
So people bought Pcars 2 and left for AC, So they bought the game! Why didn't you go with your "friends"

Last edited:
For now i dismiss PC3
SMS just need to focus on PC2 ,and improve the game with new cars and new tracks and fix what need to be fixed
The game have the potencial to us play around years to come
It´s a great game

For now i dismiss PC3
SMS just need to focus on PC2 ,and improve the game with new cars and new tracks and fix what need to be fixed
The game have the potencial to us play around years to come
It´s a great game
I agree, but my question is whether they will invent a second or third season pass "a la" Street Fighter...

I agree, but my question is whether they will invent a second or third season pass "a la" Street Fighter...

Probably not
But to keep the game in good hands (mantainance = €) have costs
Maybe newer dlc a little most expensive
But i prefer they keep focus in this awesame game
No need a new PC3
Just only when we have a mature PS5 justifiy new game

More ovals. Did a 50 lap race in the IndyCar and to watch the circuit transition was incredible. Would love to have another few ovals. For example, Pocono, Auto Club Speedway, Phoenix and Iowa.

The only thing I desperately want from a future pCARS game is something I wanted in pCARS1 and pCARS2 (and did request during development), namely fully individual selections for units of measurement. The single "metric vs imperial" doesn't allow me to select the units I want for each area.

For example, I want speed in MPH but I want temperatures in Celcius. I want tyre pressure in PSI but turbo, water and oil pressure in Bar or kPa. I want weight in Kgs, not Lbs. The list goes on!

It's only to save me having to do the occasional bit of mental arithmetic whilst in-game (or having to lift my Rift and look up a BAR->PSI conversion on my phone :D)

The only thing I desperately want from a future pCARS game is something I wanted in pCARS1 and pCARS2 (and did request during development), namely fully individual selections for units of measurement. The single "metric vs imperial" doesn't allow me to select the units I want for each area.

For example, I want speed in MPH but I want temperatures in Celcius. I want tyre pressure in PSI but turbo, water and oil pressure in Bar or kPa. I want weight in Kgs, not Lbs. The list goes on!

It's only to save me having to do the occasional bit of mental arithmetic whilst in-game (or having to lift my Rift and look up a BAR->PSI conversion on my phone :D)

This is probably the most sensical idea I've ever seen.

I'm not a programmer (I stopped doing programming 25 years ago when I spent 3 hours staring at my own code wondering why it didn't work, only to find I'd used a ; instead of a : ) but it strikes me that 'all' that's required is a simple look-up table of conversions, with all the measurements checked against that. Of course, the amount of testing required to check every combination would be monstrous but it would then give everybody the flexibility to choose what they want. I bought another sim* last night, in the Steam sale, and aside from the enormous frustration at just getting it running (honestly, Project CARS spoils us in this regard), I was also surprised to find that this 'holy grail of sims' also doesn't allow you to select the units you want across all the elements, it too has a simple "metric / imperial" selection.

*rFactor2

I thought i was the only one with this problem as it's the very first time i have seen it brought up!

I just want some good races. I believe that 99% of the players are casual, of these, 90% like a good race, clean, fair and disputed.
We are the majority and even then we are not enough for change. This civilization unfortunately is doomed to failure.

Would that be the AC that outside of hot-lapping was fundamentally unplayable at launch, and still to this day is littered with options and content missing from the PC version (despite parity being promised many times)?

Some of my wishlist / suggestions for Project Cars 3, they may have been mentioned before but nonetheless. I am mostly an offline racer and I really enjoy the structure of the current career mode. The easy switching between your current series and manufacturer events and invitationals gives the option to create to variety you want.

- None scripted weather would add massively to the replayability of some championships, invitationals and manufacturer events
- Also asked before are the custom offline championships, for the championships in career mode it would be nice to be able to choose the tracks for a short season ( from the full season of course )
- To help those who are not into tuning their cars ( like me ) it would be ideal to be able to load setups from the top of the leaderboards directly into career
- Return the option to speed up time during practice and qualification
- More tracks spread around the different regions ( Euro, UK, America and Asia ) to increase the variety of tracks in regional championships. I'd love to see Okayama International, Philippe Island, Albert Park, Zandvoort, Jerez, Paul Ricard and a few more Indy road courses
- The option to rate an event after completion that can be saved together with the difficulty settings which would make it easier to know what you want to play again in the future
- The option to change AI difficulty settings when you restart a session without having to load the entire session again
- Better information up front when you select a championship about the balance in strength between the teams or different cars
- The option to be able to select any championship you want after winning a tier 1 championship. Now when you have done so and select a tier 4 championship everything is locked again

If there is a PC3.

Assuming next gen only for PC3:
  • Consoles & PC to have a lot more than 16/32 players online - Le Mans 24hrs has a 60 car field for example. That would be superb!
  • Full VR support (for whatever the next gen headsets will be from Sony, MS, HTC, Occulus, LG etc).
  • Ultrawide screen support for consoles - would need Sony/MS etc to support that.
  • Dedicated servers for console. If the publisher does not want to pay for dedicated server hosting then give the community dedicated server software we can run ourselves. It would be great to have a dedicated server client we could run on Windows/Linux which supported PC/Xbox/PS4 clients.
  • Cross platform play...if only!
  • Scheduled races iRacing style.
  • More ovals and some more oval series like NASCAR Trucks.
  • Additional motorsports. Big rig/lorry racing for example.
  • Option for weather to be linked to the real world - plugged into Accuweather or similar for example.
  • More slots for setups.
  • Driver swaps for endurance racing.
  • Ability to do setups without needing to be trackside.
  • Ability to switch cars trackside.

Last edited:
As a controller user I loved PCARS1, I was able to fight for podiums online, nab the odd win and made it all work. I tried PC2 for three months and simply could not make it work, i was 7, 8 , 9 seconds PER LAP off the podium runners. The cars are so nervous that i just could not stop spinning.

The bugs did not help, especially the one that turns off assists before a session and you're left spinning like crazy. I moved over to GTS instead, very slick product but JEEEEEZUS the handling is like a 400HP Zamboni, just so fake, there's no ratating the cars, you sort of apex in a V not a U and the whole collecting cars thing just annoys me to no end, i absolutely LOATHE it.

So to answer the OP, I'd like to see PC3 refine PC2. There's so much content it is insane, i'd actually reduce content like rallying etc as it distracts the limited development budget. No bugs, a better UI and just refine everything. PC2 is so, so sloppy IMHO.

• Scheduled races iRacing style.

Was just thinking about this. I'm sure it could be integrated currently in PC2 using a combination of the online championships and community events. I suppose the issue lays with dedicated servers.

Sadly, I think SMS and consoles really don't deserve to be together. The game is designed from the ground up for close to the bleeding edge of PC and PC graphics cards' capabilities. Which consoles will NEVER come close to. Whatever the capability of the PS5 is going to be, I can guarantee that PC3's minimum PC specs will far outstrip it. Once again, we will have reduced grid sizes, framerates, probably no VR, and be the last to have major bugs addressed.

To be quite honest, my suggestion for PC3 and SMS is, take your lumps, make the game PC only, and stop using console owners as cash cows to fund your development of games that cannot be played fully on them. Or, make the PC game have parity with console, make multiplayer cross platform (by the time the PS5 comes out) that should be doable, as it has already been done successfully on a few titles on PC/consoles (not sim racer, but it's a start!).

Player base parity makes for a successful game. Make a niche game, divide your player base even further by restricting console players to only themselves, make it utterly obvious you are focused almost entirely on the PC version, and you aren't exactly likely to get much growth with the console segment. Make the PC version identical to whatever the capabilities the next gen console should be capable of, unite the player bases, you might have something to challenge the big franchises. But if this trend to use the money from 50% of your base (both console's player base) to fund development for a game neither will play well on doesn't strike me as a good practice.

The next gen consoles capabilities may well approach current gen PC's capabilities. So how about freezing features that are currently very good on PC, and wait for the consoles to draw level..? The time spent NOT developing features that can't be used on a console could well be spent cleaning up the huge buglist.

IMHO, PC2 is currently very close to the perfect sim racer game. But much of it is buggy, inconsistent and suffers from wildly varying setup quality. The time spent on perfecting consistent AI speed at whatever % set would make the game far better. The time making sure ALL stock tunes deliver an equal level of ease/difficulty would go a long way to making the game far better. The time spent making sure AI race behavior, aggression and pit strategy consistent, ditto. Rinse and repeat.

But a mad dash to add new features that will only benefit bleeding edge PC's and graphics cards while a litany list of inconsistencies and poor default behavior will only serve to marginalize the console base. We deserve more than being the supporters of R&D that is unlikely to benefit us.

I'll do a full proper suggestion list.

First, the ones I like from above.
  • Remove scripted weather - Maybe replace with an F1-esque Variable weather setting based on location and time of year etc.
  • Offline championships
  • Speed up Practice and Qualifying
  • Increase on/offline car count.
  • Scheduled races
  • Additional motorsports. E.g. Lorries
  • Link real weather on consoles. (Limitations with Sony were a highlighted issue for PS4 for this though.)
  • Online driver swaps

In addition, I'd love to see:
  • Custom liveries with the ability to upload own details and own liveries where they can be used. Doesn't have to be limited to one per car.
  • Ability to choose cars/liveries for a race/championship offline.
  • Multiple types of qualifying. E.g. F1-esque knockout, one lap, best of x, average of x, reverse grid, x reverse grid.
  • Ability for the host to set the grid in private lobbies.
  • Multiple races in 1 session.
  • Option for a separate qualifying per class in a multiclass race.
  • Option to mix the class qualifying times or separate. (E.g. A GT1 sets a 1:22.002 and an LMP900 sets a 1:22.031 and another GT1 sets a 1:22.102, separate will put the GT1/LMP900s first.

I think they should continue to release car packs (we have enough awesome tracks), well Sebring if someday possible of course wouldn't be bad xD, and don't get into pc3 or the off road game they might be already planning, although I'm not gonna lie a rally game with this current physcis would place everybody else out of their respective leagues.

We have everythig in project cars 2. We just need more cars after season is over and continuity on imrproving the nice foundation that is pc2 tyre model

And a way to attract the people again. I don't know make an online matchmaking or something SMS. That will lore legions of beginners you'll see

Sadly, I think SMS and consoles really don't deserve to be together. The game is designed from the ground up for close to the bleeding edge of PC and PC graphics cards' capabilities. Which consoles will NEVER come close to. Whatever the capability of the PS5 is going to be, I can guarantee that PC3's minimum PC specs will far outstrip it. Once again, we will have reduced grid sizes, framerates, probably no VR, and be the last to have major bugs addressed.

To be quite honest, my suggestion for PC3 and SMS is, take your lumps, make the game PC only, and stop using console owners as cash cows to fund your development of games that cannot be played fully on them. Or, make the PC game have parity with console, make multiplayer cross platform (by the time the PS5 comes out) that should be doable, as it has already been done successfully on a few titles on PC/consoles (not sim racer, but it's a start!).

Player base parity makes for a successful game. Make a niche game, divide your player base even further by restricting console players to only themselves, make it utterly obvious you are focused almost entirely on the PC version, and you aren't exactly likely to get much growth with the console segment. Make the PC version identical to whatever the capabilities the next gen console should be capable of, unite the player bases, you might have something to challenge the big franchises. But if this trend to use the money from 50% of your base (both console's player base) to fund development for a game neither will play well on doesn't strike me as a good practice.

The next gen consoles capabilities may well approach current gen PC's capabilities. So how about freezing features that are currently very good on PC, and wait for the consoles to draw level..? The time spent NOT developing features that can't be used on a console could well be spent cleaning up the huge buglist.

IMHO, PC2 is currently very close to the perfect sim racer game. But much of it is buggy, inconsistent and suffers from wildly varying setup quality. The time spent on perfecting consistent AI speed at whatever % set would make the game far better. The time making sure ALL stock tunes deliver an equal level of ease/difficulty would go a long way to making the game far better. The time spent making sure AI race behavior, aggression and pit strategy consistent, ditto. Rinse and repeat.

But a mad dash to add new features that will only benefit bleeding edge PC's and graphics cards while a litany list of inconsistencies and poor default behavior will only serve to marginalize the console base. We deserve more than being the supporters of R&D that is unlikely to benefit us.

I kind of agree with this, it's moved into serious, serious sim territory and if you have the time that is great but there's now this void because GTSport is a bit gimmicky and the physics are terrible but PC2 has gone too serious. Just update PC1 for me and i am hapy.

Currently, on consoles, ONE player physics car is enough to make the game's replays capped at 30fps. You can spectate (in online lobbies) at 60fps, but your replays are a jerky mess of stutter unacceptable when driving.

I think the system of replay saving needs attention. I would be willing to wait for a render of a saved race if it allowed me the same framerate smoothness that spectating offers. A different system of displaying replays that pre-calculates the player car physics and only displays position, attitude etc..

I also think PC3 could benefit from a lot more fun factor. If you leave the GT Sport lobbies for a while, there's an AI race replay to watch, fun splash screens of interesting car culture, and things to DO if you need a break from driving. PC2 is such a grim, humorless thing when not actually driving. Put on a little showcase, SMS... Let us watch a race between the AI at their best. Let us see the vast track and car list actually used (you rarely see much use of it in console online lobbies!). Show us some multiclass. Some accelerated time of day.

GT Sport, while a really bad sim, at least is great to look at, to have on for wallpaper. Even PC2 could do this without a single physics code change. You can spectate (as long as YOUR car isn't on track) quite a large grid in most weather situations without bad video rates. It is just your car's CPU hit that brings replays to their knees. So, at least give us something to watch...

Would that be the AC that outside of hot-lapping was fundamentally unplayable at launch, and still to this day is littered with options and content missing from the PC version (despite parity being promised many times)?

That would be the Assetto Corsa that has not yet even come out with an AC2, and has gradually fixed issues a lot faster than SMS took. Took SMS six months just to make Livetrack2 work online. The last bugfix list from SMS read like War and Peace! And still as many to go.

This might be a better question to ask when (if) AC2 comes out. Seems like their E-sports upcoming title is going to be PC only for quite a while.

Back