Project Cars 3 Suggestions

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 677 comments
Live track 3.0 shall stay i don't t care if people complain about some stupid eye candy.

Project cars 2 despite its issues shall continue to innovate and put in new features. Rolling back such features is stupid.

Rome was not built in a day. Project Cars series with each new iteration should get better rather than castrating it.
Well logically and ideally they shouldn't. But let's be realistic. Every new game removes features of the old one to streamline development. It's the video gaming curse.

I wouldn't mind if 3.0 was removed, not for graphical improvement but for performance improvements.

It was a statement of obvious business sense.

Yeah mate keep believing that. I have my personal issues with project cars 2. But the amount of negativity around pCars2 coming from you is by now clearly a vendetta...

I really thibk you need help and should check a therapist. I totally understand the difficulty in letting things go but I cajnalso acknowledge it's not healty when it reaches the level where you have to make a negative post aboutnit every day. Don't forget you're getting this upset about a game.

Just as a reminder of how free you are to post your opinion on this forum:
If I was a moderator you'd have been banned a long time ago. Not because you like to voice your opinion but because of the unproductiveness of those posts and because of the frequency with which you write this negativity. You're clearly making other people enjoy this forum less.

Imo you're a nuissance anf I personally would be happy to not read your continious negativity. So if I may be as kind as to ask you to move your troll ass over to an other forum? I bet you won't but again I'm sure a lot of us would be happy...

There's a handy feature on this forum where you can ignore all posts by another user. It's not perfect but it can help filter out some of the negativity.

It was a statement of obvious business sense.
Actually, not necessarily. If SMS spend an additional year fixing the game so it's essentially flawless, they want to know if it's actually got any benefit compared to doing so for a year.

Let's say the average wage at SMS for staff who actually work on the game (Programmers, Designers, AI and Physics guys for example) is £50k per year. SMS has about 200 employees. So let's say 10% work on the game after the first year after release.

20 * 50k = 1 million. That's solely on staff for a single year for the sales of potentially a thousand people at the very most who'll spend £40 on the game plus £15 on DLC with the Season Pass when it goes on sale due to their lack of trust due to their view on SMS meaning £55,000. You are more likely to get that money back by getting a large series license like the WEC.

When you take into account whatever the costs are for releasing patches, it makes even less business sense.

If you think it makes business sense to spend £1m+ for a £55,000 gain, you need to understand what businesspeople want.

I know they will go for a pc3 straight away when all dlc and patching is done, but imo we have a good foundation with pc2 physics and content. I think they should stay with pc2, adding more content to it through the years. Tracks, cars, features etc.

I know they will go for a pc3 straight away when all dlc and patching is done, but imo we have a good foundation with pc2 physics and content. I think they should stay with pc2, adding more content to it through the years. Tracks, cars, features etc.

There is actually rumor about Fast And Furious game being made by SMS. I don't know if they started already or not or is it confirmed. But if true i think this will be next in line then maybe Project Cars 3. I hope PC3 will be "next gen" project for PS5 and nextXbox. PC2 has already maxed out current generation consoles so there is not much room to improve current game.

i hope that PC2 support won't end after Season Pass :)

There is actually rumor about Fast And Furious game being made by SMS. I don't know if they started already or not or is it confirmed. But if true i think this will be next in line then maybe Project Cars 3. I hope PC3 will be "next gen" project for PS5 and nextXbox. PC2 has already maxed out current generation consoles so there is not much room to improve current game.

i hope that PC2 support won't end after Season Pass :)
Ian said back around the release of PC2 that it was to be announced next week but nothing happened. Also said something about some form of oval thing in April approximately. (6 months after the STO stream)

Yeah. We should wait and see.. I still hope we will get Season Pass 2 or something with another batch of great vehicles ;) Lamborghini Pack for example :D

Yeah. We should wait and see.. I still hope we will get Season Pass 2 or something with another batch of great vehicles ;) Lamborghini Pack for example :D
I have enough want for some other content that another Season Pass will suffice. ;)

SMS is a fantastic developer that like many others seem to be ahead of the hardware.
The next chapter of Project Cars I hope we'll likely find on next gen hardware, in which SMS will have much more to work with.
That also means they work within the hardware and not try to push it as hard as they've had to with the PS4.
Out of all the sim racing developers, I really believe they've worked harder than all to give us an incredible amount of adjustability and realism.
I have no idea of knowing the actual specs of the PS5, just what I've read online...

It has an an eight-core 2.3 GHz CPU, paired with 12GB GDDR5memory and a GPU sporting 40 compute units operating at1172MHz. In layman's terms, this is a mid-range 2017 gaming PC, but with lots of clever software and hardware tricks to squeeze maximum performance out of it.

If true, a mid range graphics card now is the GTX 1050/1060 which is quite capable and miles better than the current Radeon 7800 series in a stock PS4.

I already made a thread about this with a bit of support, but the next game NEEDS custom offline championships! The ability to choose AI cars and liveries, set rounds with different tracks and the ability to have multiple classes in the championship. Essentialy just an anti-social version of what we got recently online in PC2.

Fix the chase cam. It’s stiff and unnatural in this game, and way too zoomed in. PC1 had a much better chase cam.

Maybe a bit more QA on the next title before launch for consoles too. Paying $120 for the collector’s edition of a buggy mess with a random tendency to crash was kinda annoying. Enough of the “release it now fix it later” mentality of today’s gaming scene.

Although I have encountered my fair share of bugs in Project Cars 2, after the last patch to Assetto Corsa on PS4 I have say a lot of people seem to be really biased against SMS.

I have seen visual glitches, waited ages for the menus to be responsive and fought my battles against the setup screen – but nothing for me in pCars 2 was literally game braking.

In patch 1.17 for AC I encountered more crashes to the menus in one day then in 3 months of pCars 2. And that is a patch for a game that has been out for one and a half years, after patch 1.16 that had a easily reproducable crash to the menus every time you were trying to setup a specific car, that was unfixed for 3 1/2 months.

Yet, some people praise AC as the holy grail and others moan about SMS releasing unfinished products that lack polish.

Actually, not necessarily. If SMS spend an additional year fixing the game so it's essentially flawless, they want to know if it's actually got any benefit compared to doing so for a year.

Let's say the average wage at SMS for staff who actually work on the game (Programmers, Designers, AI and Physics guys for example) is £50k per year. SMS has about 200 employees. So let's say 10% work on the game after the first year after release.

20 * 50k = 1 million. That's solely on staff for a single year for the sales of potentially a thousand people at the very most who'll spend £40 on the game plus £15 on DLC with the Season Pass when it goes on sale due to their lack of trust due to their view on SMS meaning £55,000. You are more likely to get that money back by getting a large series license like the WEC.

When you take into account whatever the costs are for releasing patches, it makes even less business sense.

If you think it makes business sense to spend £1m+ for a £55,000 gain, you need to understand what businesspeople want.

Sound thoughts but I was thinking about PC2 getting a bad rep for a bugged release (even worse another title that's released with bugs and then gets abandoned in favour of a sequel as PC1 for PC2) which harms the future sales of PC3, not that additional sales of PC2 have to fund the on-going repair costs. Really you need to factor the total sales of PC3 less a years worth of salaries patching PC2 + development of PC3.

Unless you mean that a thousand sales of PC3 would be lost due to a bad reputation. It's impossible to say what a bad reputation costs in sales given you can only compare it to what a good reputation gains in sales. Only one of those scenarios can be tested. A bad reputation can cost a business anything from an inconsequential amount of revenue to going bust.

Sound thoughts but I was thinking about PC2 getting a bad rep for a bugged release (even worse another title that's released with bugs and then gets abandoned in favour of a sequel as PC1 for PC2) which harms the future sales of PC3, not that additional sales of PC2 have to fund the on-going repair costs. Really you need to factor the total sales of PC3 less a years worth of salaries patching PC2 + development of PC3.

Unless you mean that a thousand sales of PC3 would be lost due to a bad reputation. It's impossible to say what a bad reputation costs in sales given you can only compare it to what a good reputation gains in sales. Only one of those scenarios can be tested. A bad reputation can cost a business anything from an inconsequential amount of revenue to going bust.
What business platform do you happen to run? Reputation? Your actually not posting anything about reputation in this forum,are you? You have had your 15 minutes. Your ongoing delussions of grandeur and patting yourself on the back are only showing how small and narrow minded you are. If you need another trophy, send me a PM and I can send you hundreds of trophies, medal, ribbons and awards of excellence from my years of sports and coaching. But to seriously think you could have a conversation about anything good about this game is like finding a needle in a haystack the size of Canada. Keep up your 1 man crusade. It's actually amusing to see a train wreck about to unfold!

Your statement was that it makes obvious business sense. I thought it was pretty clear that I meant it was for PC2's life showing it really didn't make business sense. Supporting the game with additional patches etc costs resources. Resources that can be spent on developing PC3.

:cheers:
Your statement was that it makes obvious business sense. I thought it was pretty clear that I meant it was for PC2's life showing it really didn't make business sense. Supporting the game with additional patches etc costs resources. Resources that can be spent on developing PC3.
Sometimes I wonder if a few wobbly pops are involved in his ramblings.:cheers:

I would like to see offline custom championships and the ability to save your game during a race. I actually want that in pc2 ;)

They had it in the GTR games, so they know how to do it.

what I think would really help with the career immersion is make it known within the career that you are part of a team and not just a singular racer who is going through a bunch of races. I would like some crew chief chatter like "teammate is right behind you, dont crash" or some kind of indication that your teammate even exists.

Of course it makes business sense to fix pc2 first. If they were to go by your model they would abandon pc2 right now for pc3. Who would buy pc3 after that behaviour? No console users for sure. How many current customers will that upset?

Which is why sms are still working on fixes for pc2.

Reputation makes and breaks sales and entire businesses. You also have to go above and beyond to repair a bad rep (the bad rep automatically costs a business money thru lost sales and the subsequent rep repair work). NB: this is more than just patches.

It would also be a poor businees model that would have to factor in rep repair work as part of the strategy. (They expect failiure? Why?) Sound businesses don't have to do this.

I personally know plenty of people who didn't buy pc2 solely because of pc1. And people who left pc2 for AC because of pc1 (if pc1 was abandoned instead of finished then why persevere with pc2 for the same result?).

It's such obvious [and universally accepted] business sense that I can't believe some actually want to question it.

For e.g. https://www.reputationmanagement.com/blog/the-cost-of-a-bad-reputation/

Back