Project CARS 3 Update Adds Bahrain Circuit, and Style Pack

If people gave it a shot they would enjoy Pcars 3. It's a great game with a wide variety of events. The tracks are great and so too the cars handling. And no probs with framerate of video quality.
At first I almost gave up but once I persevered I came to really enjoy it...so much so I enjoy it more than Pcars 2 and can't stop playing.
Just recently I've completed Career from Road to GT Open categories and in-between also enjoying the Rivals category of events.
Pretty soon I'll be delving to Bonus and other categories.

Last edited:
If people gave it a shot they would enjoy Pcars 3. It's a great game with a wide variety of events. The tracks are great and so too the cars handling. And no probs with framerate of video quality.
At first I almost gave up but once I persevered I came to really enjoy it...so much so I enjoy it more than Pcars 2 and can't stop playing.
Just recently I've completed Career from Road to GT Open categories and in-between also enjoying the Rivals category of events.
They've butchered the sound of my favorite sounding car from PCARS2. It doesn't even rev correctly either; the sound amps up too quickly compared to the rpms' rising...hard to explain. I ain't playing it out of spite. Simple as that. Think of me whatever you want...

Sure, the career mode is better than in PCARS2, but in my case, I just want to drive... If I want a career experience, I'll start up Gran Turismo.

PCARS2 looked like and had features of a professional sim. PCARS3 is just childish and simplified - though not necessarily a bad thing, that's not what the Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator community is looking for.

I've said it plenty of times and I'll say it however many more times it takes: It should not have been called PCARS3. It's a spinoff, not a successor.

It depends entirely on what you are looking for, if you're after a 'pickup and play' arcade focused title, with physics that are grounded somewhat in reality then it certainly can be enjoyable (and with a beer and a gamepad that's how I approach it), It's not however either the revolution or GT/FM killer that some wanted it to be.

The car handling for what it, in reality is (an arcade title with sim leanings), are more than passable, but the one thing they certainly are not is accurate to reality, and no amount of wishful thinking will change that. You have cars that will stop quicker than reality by numerous seconds (and that's without ABS vs a car in reality with ABS), a lack of engine braking to such a degree that you can shift straight from 4th to 1st in a number of cars with zero loss of control and physics that have every car throwing the back-end out at every opportunity. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun, but accurate it's certainly not.

All of which is actually a good job, as the AI and the short distances in the majority of events mean that it's pretty much mandatory to drive like a lunatic to get passed them. It also manages to actually have fewer tracks and cars than PC2!

In that regard PC3 works, despite the fact that it follows the PC series trend of looking and sounding worse each time we get a new release. However, that isn't what was sold to consumers or to be more accurate, its only half of what was sold to consumers. The other half was for those looking for a Sim title, where we were told it was 'all the sim you could want', something that is quite frankly untrue (and before anyone claims 'marketing' a reason exists why Carlsberg calls itself 'probably the best beer in the world' and even that didn't stop them from acknowledging they were wrong).

That for me is the reason why PC3 has bombed as a title and is one of the most disappointing releases this year (again for me), as, with an open and honest approach to what the product is and the marketing behind it, it could well have sold far better and been a more successful product. Rather than that they engaged in a marketing campaign that did pretty much nothing to attract the new audience and did pretty much everything it could to put off its existing audience. This is also, despite people repeatedly telling SMS that they were off base with the marketing approach right the way up to launch, all of which was treated with a mixture of dismissal, abuse and mocking. It's a failure of SMS and BNs' own design, as clear a case of hubris as I can think of.

And a failure is it.

Current Steam Stats:
Steam.jpg

Current PS4 Stats:
PS4.jpg

Current Xbox Stats:
Xbox.jpg

Last edited:
It's all the sim I could ever need though.
What missing? Pit stops? Steups. Pit stops are overrated and I'm glad they did away with that. One less distraction and more time to focus on racing.

What missing? Pit stops? Steups. Pit stops are overrated and I'm glad they did away with that. One less distraction and more time to focus on racing.
Pit stops are an essential part of real racing. Tire and fuel management can vary massively between drivers' driving styles, and can make the difference between a victory and a loss. It's not exactly a distraction...it makes things more interesting. Even GT Sport is more sim than PC3.

Even with tire wear and fuel burn absent in PC3, I rarely ran a race in PC2 more than 30 minutes long, and most were (and still are) usually 10-20 minutes.

I’m not missing the pitsops personally.

You've missed out qualifying, realistic expectations/simulations on how cars should behave, dirt tracks for the two dirt vehicles in the game, adjustable seating and fov settings, I'm sure theres more to add to the list

I'm fairly certain the target audience and sales targets didn't consist of one person.

• Pitstops - which you may not like, but plenty of people do and they form an integral part of many race series in reality
  • Tyre wear
  • Fuel Use
  • Damage
  • Race Weekends (practice, qualifying, etc)
  • The physics model required to actually make it a sim
  • UDP links
  • A whole load of options for FoV, etc
  • The ability to actually watch a replay after an event (and not then try and save it only to be told you don't have room)
  • League Racing Tools
  • A good number of tracks, event types and cars from PC2
That's just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
That's one trophy out of the way. Now I just hope that the pace settler and hot lap events aren’t too difficult like the previous DLC.

Even with tire wear and fuel burn absent in PC3, I rarely ran a race in PC2 more than 30 minutes long, and most were (and still are) usually 10-20 minutes.

I’m not missing the pitsops personally.
Thank you.

Back