Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

You've literally just told someone to stay in their pretend reality. Someone that wasn't even agreeing or disagreeing with what's going on here. You don't even need criticism or not at this point, you're just going after anyone and anything for no reason. Or actually, for reasons of misunderstanding on your part from the get go.

You have a weird victim complex even if you literally weren't the butt of the joke.

Have you actually followed any of the conversation?
Or are you just one of those "GTP rules,**** who says otherwise"?

@Konan I'll give it to you, you've really annoyed me with that "stay in your made up reality" post!

No need for that.

I have no relationship or need to side with site moderation/admin here. I say what I see.

And I see bollocks.

Maybe you should visit some other forums (the term is actually fora) to just get a less biased view on things.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've followed the conversation from the start and was told to stay in my pretend reality. You are doing yourself no favours at the moment

Yes, I read, followed, and actually understood things being said. You, on the other hand, have completely misinterpreted a lot here.

Weird, looks like your sensibility is gone. I mean it was never there, but still.

Last edited:
I've followed the conversation from the start and was told to stay in my pretend reality. You are doing yourself no favours at the moment

as if i'm looking to do myself any favours.
Shows how many people really know me,injustice is what i'm fighting,i don't care if someone likes the game or not. But give SMS the credit they deserve...they made a revolution in the sim gaming world,bugs and all.

Yes, I read, followed, and actually understood things being said. You, on the other hand, have completely misinterpreted a lot here.

Weird, looks like your sensibility is gone. I mean it was never there, but still.

getting personal are we?

Last edited by a moderator:
And where have i done that?

See @ImaRobot 's post for further.

I never have attacked criticism about the game,unless it became insulting.
What i am very critical about though,is that SMS gets slandered for about everything excisting under the moon...

This perceived victim complex is really odd, quite frankly.

What people seem to forget is that SMS layed the groundworks for console sim games...not to mention what they created for the gaming community in general,before pCARS came out,there wasn't even something close to it.
did it have it's faults? Of course,but is that different to any ground breaking new development?
They wanted to go all the way,due to different circumstances they weren't able to release what they wanted,and they are being made accountable ever since...
many other titles are following in their footsteps now though...so isn't it about time to bury the hatchet?

Not sure what that really has to do with anything. Just because a person/company "Lays the ground works" for something doesn't mean that they are immune to criticism, especially if they get something wrong, as SMS has with several aspects of PC3.

Not sure what that really has to do with anything. Just because a person/company "Lays the ground works" for something doesn't mean that they are immune to criticism

Except they get criticised for it more than others,let's face it,for some only the name "SMS" causes red flags...

as if i'm looking to do myself any favours.
Shows how many people really know me,injustice is what i'm fighting,i don't care if someone likes the game or not. But give SMS the credit they deserve...they made a revolution in the sim gaming world,bugs and all.

1. In regards to what you say about doing yourself favours: mission accomplished

2. I dont know you, nor at this moment do I want to.

3. Despite your awesomeness of fighting the good fight of injustice, with you fighting it, it's going to need a lot more people.

4. I like PCars 2

5. I do.

6. They did.

Edit: on point 6, here is a game that has come from nowhere to suddenly be mentioned in the same breath as the Forza and Gran Turismo series. That is good going in my opinion.

Last edited:
Except they get criticised for it more than others,let's face it,for some only the name "SMS" causes red flags...

SMS are not at all unique in that regard, especially in the gaming industry. The Need For Speed franchise is a very good example of that. Hell, the Gran Turismo series and PD gets loads of criticism here, on the biggest GT fansite on the internet, and the mods are pretty good about letting it fly.

Have you considered the possibility that the criticism that is being directed at SMS may have some form of merit?

Last edited:
getting personal are we?
Call it whatever makes you feel better. It's quite literally the truth, you misunderstood a good bit of things said from the get go.

Which is also ironic considering the tantrums you're throwing.

,injustice is what i'm fighting
:lol:

What injustice was there in not understanding a joke?

i don't care if someone likes the game or not.
Actually, you care a lot. That much is extremely obvious.

Last edited:
...I don't care if someone likes the game or not.

20201030_232356.jpg

Oh, come on man.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the point of this evening was to demonstrate that if you are going to come out swinging your sword, please be so kind as to be okay with falling on it from time to time, repeatedly, and without complaint.

This whole conversation proves that if PC4 is to achieve any commercial success it needs changes in a lot of areas

One of these areas is in its moderator team when the lead moderator behaves like this, let alone the other one that was banned.

Just look at their own forum and discord, the same moderators and friend who trawl through Twitter too, the old guard don’t understand the world they’re trying to be successful in and have no idea how to react, participate and respond in it in this modern day and age.

Last edited:
So @Famine, did you enjoy Fish Friday?

Could have done with less vinegar
I don't know, seemed overwhelmed by salt. I mean, I like salt, but whew.
Started from a "Very poor choice of posting" by an Administrator.
This is pretty much industrial-strength not getting it now.

Again, there's no shame in not getting a joke and I'm happy to explain it if required.

Last edited:
I liked the posts from the last time I read this thread. That was 75 posts ago. Skipped past everything to this page.
To say everything started with the poor choice of words post, it started.. it started from PC3!

Christ what a :censored:show. :yuck:

Ok, if I got the joke then no one else has an excuse. :P

Firstly, as mentioned you can like a game AND call out the developer/publisher on bad practices, oversells and acts of being disingenuous etc, like when T10 botched FM7’s launch with undermining VIP perks and being caught up in the Lootbox controversy at the time.

I like PC3 despite me seeing this game at its absolute worst and believe me that’s going some.

From slideshow levels of frame rates, lag spikes when people join mid race, only getting paid on level ups and not race wins and that’s just some of the stuff that’s still around.

Don’t get me started on the early game life stuff like impossible career challenges (remember the impossible 1:31 target in Jerez Clock Watcher in Hypercars?), graphical glitches, game soft locks which have mostly been sorted.

For a pad user like myself, there’s good foundations in PC3, but again there are decisions made in PC3 which don’t make sense like the previously mentioned ‘Money given on level ups and not race wins.’, among many others, like paying to reinstall parts you already own and getting upgrade discounts on cars you can’t upgrade.

I could go on.

Could PC3 have been better received? absolutely, but given the sudden turn away from pure sim like PC1 & 2 to what PC3 offered was always gonna be met with negativity and rightly so.

If AC brought out a 3rd game and it followed the same route as PC3 and not called it a spin off, but was considered to be like the other games they would get roasted big time.

Had PC3 been considered a Simcade spinoff like Forza did with the Horizon franchise and properly advertised as such way ahead of time I’d stick my neck out and say it wouldn’t have caught anywhere near as much stick as it did.

Also @Konan and I mean this with all due respect, please dial back the attitude, it benefits nobody especially yourself.

So @Famine, did you enjoy Fish Friday?

Could have done with less vinegar

Probably a little too much salt for my liking. ;)

Tree’d by Famine on the salt joke.

Gee, it's not like the reasons for that were plainly obvious, even before you barged in here missing the forest for the trees, and started a Quixotic crusade against a goddamn admin to catch him in a gotcha situation.

Legitimately, read the posts before Famine's joke. Hell, I'll even repost one of my earlier posts, because it gets at the core of the mistrust with SMS without (much) snark.

I did. It was average - and the game itself is more or less colored by Ian's lies and general bombastic nature against those who criticize him against his lies, when ultimately it doesn't need to be. All of this would have been avoided if the game was clearly marketed as a spin-off - yet Ian, in his boisterous nature, couldn't let that happen.

Gee, it's not like the reasons for that were plainly obvious, even before you barged in here missing the forest for the trees, and started a Quixotic crusade against a goddamn admin to catch him in a gotcha situation.

Legitimately, read the posts before Famine's joke. Hell, I'll even repost one of my earlier posts, because it gets at the core of the mistrust with SMS without (much) snark.

Barged in here?
Don't make me laugh....
You can all spin around like you always do,fact still remains that your own admin screwed up,he can try and disguise it as a joke as much as he wants but those who are concerned certainly don't see it that way. And no matter how many of you are trying to disguise it,or (as usual) try to discredid me...that is still not going to change the fact that an admin from a forum Ian used to visit called his company liars...

fact still remains that your own admin screwed up
It's laughable that it literally flew so far over your head that you're still trying to spin it this way(he's your admin too btw.) :lol: If you didn't understand what was actually going on, its fine to say so. You're projecting so hard right here.

Last edited:
It's laughable that it literally flew so far over your head that you're still trying to spin it this way(he's your admin too btw.) :lol: If you didn't understand what was actually going on, its fine to say so. You're projecting so hard right here.

spin?
what is there to misunderstand about that GIF?
Oh dear,some people do need to educate the ability to reed beyond the lines....

fact still remains that your own admin screwed up
This is a "fact" you have made up.

I posted exactly what I intended to post, and I have repeatedly responded to your claims that it was a "mistake" to point out to you that it was not a mistake. The post is exactly as I intended.

the fact that an admin from a forum Ian used to visit called his company liars...
This is a "fact" you have made up.

If it was my intent to call SMS liars I would have done so; I'm entirely free to do so, there's no barrier for me to do so, and there's no meaningful consequences for me doing so, if that's what I choose to do. I can do it at any time, and I'm not entirely sure why it's even a point of note if I did - after all, I do not use my position to decide the direction of discussion, unlike staff on other sites who literally ban people for saying they don't like a game.

However I didn't do this, and you cannot point to where I did, because I didn't. But you've decided I did. There's absolutely no reason for you to do this, but you have; you demonstrably didn't get the joke, invented a meaning all of your own for it, then attacked me for your version of something that isn't there. You then got a hump on because I did it back to you and you didn't get that either despite me using your own words, verbatim.

I've very kindly offered to explain the joke to you several times, and even given you an unprompted clue, but you seem stuck in this very determined rut of preferring your own insane explanation which uses words that aren't even in the post.

Of course, that's your call, but at this point you're inventing a reality and pretending it is true when it isn't. In all of your railing against the term "liar" - which was never used - you are now one yourself.

Apparently you found a way.

Last edited:
spin?
Oh dear,some people do need to educate the ability to reed beyond the lines....
Don't think you can fool me by helping you understand the joke. You sly dog.

Oh wait, what was that about "getting personal"? Where did all that "sensibility" go? :lol:

Educate? REED? You might want to learn to spell before insulting someone and their education.

Last edited:
So your own moderator,and some members did not call SMS liars?
I don't own any moderators, and I don't care if they or anyone else has that opinion. It's their opinion to have and to express.

But you stated it was a "fact" that I said it, and I did not:

the fact that an admin from a forum Ian used to visit called his company liars...
Thus this is a fact you have made up.

This was also your entry point to this conversation, and you claimed that I'd use an excuse to deny it. I pointed out there and then that I did not need an excuse to deny something I hadn't done, because I hadn't done it. Why we're still here five hours later escapes me.

Last edited:
Don't think you can fool me by helping you understand the joke. You sly dog.

Oh wait, what was that about "getting personal"? Where did all that "sensibility" go? :lol:

Educate? REED? You might want to learn to spell before insulting someone and their education.

you can just crawl back under the rock you came from under from,your posts are only getting attacking now,i am always prepared for conversation,but again you are personally attacking me.

Back