Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

Why? Are the staff not allowed to have a view on the subject?

I'm also at a loss as how else to describe marketing that promised 'all the sim you could want' , when they knew they had removed features present in both previous titles that many consider essential for a sim.

It's also perfectly possible to hold the position that SMS are liars and still like the titles (as I do). The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

It's also utterly ironic that Konan complains about behaviour becoming a mod when he has made AUP breaking posts targeting me and his now banned colleague still to this day stalks my YouTube channel occasionally throwing base insults and abuse about!

Please define simulation. What or who's opinion is saying a title is or is not a sim.

Why? Are the staff not allowed to have a view on the subject?

I'm also at a loss as how else to describe marketing that promised 'all the sim you could want' , when they knew they had removed features present in both previous titles that many consider essential for a sim.

It's also perfectly possible to hold the position that SMS are liars and still like the titles (as I do). The two positions are not mutually exclusive.

It's also utterly ironic that Konan complains about behaviour becoming a mod when he has made AUP breaking posts targeting me and his now banned colleague still to this day stalks my YouTube channel occasionally throwing base insults and abuse about!

Let's look at who targeted who to start with?

Or to hold the position that SMS are a fairly talented bunch that unfortunately must bear the consequences of the behavior of their representatives in the public's eye (not to mention certain decisions from the top).

Please define simulation. What or who's opinion is saying a title is or is not a sim.
There's no leverage for that point in this instance. "All the sim you could want" is not the same question as being a sim or not (I call PCARS3 a sim).

Last edited:
Project Cars 2 is the game I have enjoyed most both online and offline. Ever.

If PCars4 can capture that and expand on it then that is "good news" and worthy of a Spam and crisp sandwich.

Clearly there is an issue between a company representative and (I'm guessing) a thrice university educated responder, and that is what it is.

All I want is for a game to deliver on its promises.

Or to hold the position that SMS are a fairly talented bunch that unfortunately must bear the consequences of the behavior of their representatives in the public's eye (not to mention certain decisions from the top).

There's no leverage for that point in this instance. "All the sim you could want" is not the same question as being a sim or not (I call PCARS3 a sim).

I don't know if that was aimed at me but i'm certainly not an SMS representative ...

Last edited:
Whatever man, you're so full of ****, that you are now making up silly excuses for the "supposedly" joke you made...
Again, I have no need to make excuses for a thing I never said.
Many will still see it for what it was
Yes, and you clearly are not among them.

There is no shame in not understanding a joke. Pretending you got it and metaphorically stamping your feet that what you took from it was the actual meaning... is a bit less innocent.

If you'd like, I can explain it to you; it's actually less complicated than your invented version.

Incidentally, I know we've had this chat before, but what would you do on the PCars forums/Discord if someone said you were "full of ****" and accused you of taking illegal narcotics? That being the case, why are you going to someone else's community and doing it?

For many (and you will see that's what I said) pit stops, tyre changes and compounds, league racing systems, tyres that don't change themselves when you are driving are considered core to a sim.

SMS knew that these were gone long before they marketed the project (confirmed by the dev blogs much later), yet the chose to state that it was all the sim you could want and that it would appeal to all types of racers. Yet they knew at that point they had removed features that a good part of the target audience would want.

The number of times the pit lane question was raised after the first video was shown is a matter of record, yet SMS continued to state that people had nothing to worry about.

The marketing was deceptive, it alienated a good part of the audience, but failed to attract a new one, and sales suffered as a result.

Let's look at who targeted who to start with?
I know full well what happened, you took a comment as a personal slight which clearly wasn't. You chose to act on that via an abusive and insulting post.

Last edited:
Again, I have no need to make excuses for a thing I never said.

Yes, and you clearly are not among them.

There is no shame in not understanding a joke. Pretending you got it and metaphorically stamping your feet that what you took from it was the actual meaning... is a bit less innocent.

If you'd like, I can explain it to you.

Incidentally, I know we've had this chat before, but what would you do on the PCars forums/Discord if someone said you were "full of ****" and accused you of taking illegal narcotics? That being the case, why are you going to someone else's community and doing it?

Well, i would have banned the one talking nonsense like you did, avoiding the elephant in the room, which was the (and i still call it) "supposed" joke you made...

Speaking personally, a big part of the reason I didn't grab PC3 Day 1, and also why I waited well over a year for a significant sale on the Xbox Store, is because of the behavior of SMS's representatives during pre- and post-launch, including some of the responses made by SMS representatives here on GTP. As a game, PC3 has a lot of issues, but otherwise ticks my boxes in terms of gameplay and enjoyment, but the behavior of their representatives very much put a bad taste in my mouth.

"spiritual successor to Shift"...

While also having very little of the charm, and being worse in a good number of ways (specifically when compared to Shift 2, which I assume is the bar PC3 is reaching for).

For many (and you will see that's what I said) pit stops, tyre changes and compounds, league racing systems, tyres that don't change themselves when you are driving are considered core to a sim.

SMS knew that these were gone long before they marketed the project (confirmed by the dev blogs much later), yet the chose to state that it was all the sim you could want and that it would appeal to all types of racers. Yet they knew at that point they had removed features that a good part of the target audience would want.

The number of times the pit lane question was raised after the first video was shown is a matter of record, yet SMS continued to state that people had nothing to worry about.

The marketing was deceptive, it alienated a good part of the audience, but failed to attract a new one, and sales suffered as a result.

I know full well what happened, you took a comment as a personal slight which clearly wasn't. You chose to act on that via an abusive and insulting post.

Maybe, but exactly how many ac
Speaking personally, a big part of the reason I didn't grab PC3 Day 1, and also why I waited well over a year for a significant sale on the Xbox Store, is because of the behavior of SMS's representatives during pre- and post-launch, including some of the responses made by SMS representatives here on GTP. As a game, PC3 has a lot of issues, but otherwise ticks my boxes in terms of gameplay and enjoyment, but the behavior of their representatives very much put a bad taste in my mouth.

While also having very little of the charm, and being worse in a good number of ways (specifically when compared to Shift 2, which I assume is the bar PC3 is reaching for).

May i ask which representatives you are referring to?

Well, i would have banned the one talking nonsense like you did, avoiding the elephant in the room, which was the (and i still call it) "supposed" joke you made...
So the line on the official channels is to ban people for jokes?

That would explain why the average active member count on the official forums is four.

Last edited:

I see the issue here at this forum now like other forums. Jeez, I'm done. I think, the posting that I saw from Mr. Bell was correct about the vitriol in the community.

Last edited:
So the line on the official channels is to ban people for jokes?

That would explain why the average active member count on the official forums is four.

Yeah like things are very active over here unless i show up...
A joke btw is usually accompanied by an emoji... Things can get easily misunderstood in written text... Not that i think i misunderstood what the admin meant..

Wow, sounds like a nice place if you ban people with absolutely no provocation.

Interesting question dodge though. I think we'd agree that if someone came to the PC Discord and said "Konan you're full of ****, and you take illegal drugs", you'd ban them.

Why would you, as a site moderator, go to other people's sites and act in a manner that would get people banned from your site? Not that it takes that much to get banned from yours, apparently.

Not that i think i misunderstood what the admin meant..
giphy.gif
This reminds me of a couple of very well known sayings...

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

and

"A fish rots from the head down"
Yeah, honestly I do still get a mild kick out of them raging when we allow discussion of the positives and negatives of all games, and knowing that they'd ban us in a heartbeat simply for who we are if we were on their site while allowing them to continue to exist on ours.

It's fun being the "toxic" community that allows open discussion.

Last edited:
Calling SMS liars is fair game because they, well, lied about both PC3 and that FnF game. There's no denying that. So why rush in here, foaming at the mouth, when someone makes a joke about that, like someone just insulted a close family member? That's completely bizarre, almost cult-like behavior.

"spiritual successor to Shift"...
That was a clue, but I'm frustrated that it had to be.

Too many people in the Sim Racing Community™ already presume that certain features or types of content must always correlate to an unrealistic "arcadey" game, limiting the reach of hardcore experiences that dare to incorporate such features or content. Reinforcing that misconception like PCARS3 did is damaging, and only helps perpetuate the creative stagnation of the sim driving/racing genre -- which has become very tiresome by now.

I don't know if that was aimed at me but i'm certainly not an SMS représente...
I was not pointing a finger at you, though I did have SMS forum moderation in mind as one form of representing SMS.

Yeah like things are very active over here unless i show up...
A joke btw is usually accompanied by an emoji... Things can get easily misunderstood in written text... Not that i think i misunderstood what the admin meant..
You do know its perfectly posable for people to look at how active Pcars discussions are on both sites, and they are quite different in activity.

And yes you absolutely did get it wrong in regard to @Famine post, but it's not the first time your rush to white Knight has done that.

Last edited:
Calling SMS liars is fair game because they, well, lied about both PC3 and that FnF game. There's no denying that. So why rush in here, foaming at the mouth, when someone makes a joke about that, like someone just insulted a close family member? That's completely bizarre, almost cult-like behavior.

Other Studios have never lied, but all is forgotten.

Behavior like this forum is presenting.

Wow, sounds like a nice place if you ban people with absolutely no provocation.

Interesting question dodge though. I think we'd agree that if someone came to the PC Discord and said "Konan you're full of ****, and you take illegal drugs", you'd ban them.

Why would you, as a site moderator, go to other people's sites and act in a manner that would get people banned from your site? Not that it takes that much to get banned from yours, apparently.

giphy.gif

Yeah, honestly I do still get a mild kick out of them raging when we allow discussion of the positives and negatives of all games, and knowing that they'd ban us in a heartbeat simply for who we are if we were on their site while allowing them to continue to exist on ours.

It's fun being the "toxic" community that allows open discussion.

There you go again, twisting my words around... I caught you with your pants down, you decided to react with all kinds of unrelated replies to cover up your mistake. Any reasonable mod would have kicked you for the stuff you posted.
You keep trying to turn around your mistake and twist it to try and look me bad... Fact still is, that sensible people see it for what it is, and the only thing you can do to change that is what is usually done over here: delete, delete, delete,...

You do know its perfectly posable for people to look at how active Pcars discussions are on both sites, and they are quite different in activity.

And yes you absolutely did get it wrong in regard to @Famine post, but it's not the first time your rush to white Knight has done that.

Oh boy... Not the white night argument again... Next? Echo chamber?

A joke btw is usually accompanied by an emoji.
So you're upset that the joke wasn't followed by something to help you understand it was a joke? I mean there was a whole gif that literally would work in the same way as an emoji if that's the case. Most jokes aren't followed by anything and this one was pretty simple to follow from the get go.

There you go again, twisting my words around... I caught you with your pants down, you decided to react with all kinds of unrelated replies to cover up your mistake. Any reasonable mod would have kicked you for the stuff you posted.
Oh wait, you still didn't get the other end of a joke apparently. :lol:

It's crazy to see someone pretend to act like a sensible person and then turn around and say they would ban someone for something so trivial, yet still doesn't see how ironic that is by being allowed to continue posting non-sense.

Last edited:
Air Conditioning?

Can't be Assetto Corsa, so I think you forgot to finish here...

Look who's scraping the bottom of the barrel now...

So you're upset that the joke wasn't followed by something to help you understand it was a joke? I mean there was a whole gif that literally would work in the same way as an emoji if that's the case. Most jokes aren't followed by anything and this one was pretty simple to follow from the get go.

Oh wait, you still didn't get the other end of a joke apparently. :lol:

It's crazy to see someone pretend to act like a sensible person and then turn around and say they would ban someone for something so trivial, yet still doesn't see how ironic that is by being allowed to continue posting non-sense.

The sensible will get my point...

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go again, twisting my words around... I caught you with your pants down, you decided to react with all kinds of unrelated replies to cover up your mistake.
Nope.

Firstly, I don't need to cover up a mistake - I didn't make one, and I have no need to anyway; if I want to say something, I can say it without censure here.

Secondly, none of it was unrelated - and it's kinda depressing you don't see that.

You see, what you did was make something up I never said, then said if I denied it I'd be making excuses. What I did in response was make up some stuff you never said and then said if you denied it you'd be making excuses... using your own words verbatim. Honestly, I thought it would have hit home after the first one; I never expected to have to keep doing it.

Any reasonable mod would have kicked you for the stuff you posted.
Then you would have kicked yourself for your own post. That was the point - I was acting exactly as you did back at you! How isn't this getting through?
You keep trying to turn around your mistake and twist it to try and look me bad...
Again, it's your mistake. You didn't get the joke, pretended you did, then got angry about your version of it. It's so weird you're still on this given that I've offered to explain it to you.

If it helps, the joke has nothing to do with my opinion on SMS, or any Project CARS game, and nothing to do with whether anyone, anywhere, has ever actually lied or not about anything.

Fact still is, that sensible people see it for what it is
I would hope so. The fact that you haven't...
IWpt2wD.gif
, and the only thing you can do to change that is what is usually done over here: delete, delete, delete,...
I know other sites do things differently, but nothing on GTPlanet is ever deleted. Sometimes it is removed from public view, but we keep it intact and even in its original position in the thread.

It's good for a laugh, but also moderator accountability.

I know what I make of this situation. But I would never dare say so out loud for fear of upsetting the Planet Overlords who could vanquish me with nary a mouse click :lol:

Edit: this post was made with sarcasm engaged.

Last edited:
The sensible will get my point...
It's weird how you're parading about sensibility but not really even being sensible. Your point from continuing to misunderstand a joke being made and then continuing to not understand that you are getting back exactly what you did to someone else?

Back