Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

Nope.

Firstly, I don't need to cover up a mistake - I didn't make one, and I have no need to anyway; if I want to say something, I can say it without censure here.

Secondly, none of it was unrelated - and it's kinda depressing you don't see that.

You see, what you did was make something up I never said, then said if I denied it I'd be making excuses. What I did in response was make up some stuff you never said and then said if you denied it you'd be making excuses... using your own words verbatim. Honestly, I thought it would have hit home after the first one; I never expected to have to keep doing it.

Then you would have kicked yourself for your own post. That was the point - I was acting exactly as you did back at you! How isn't this getting through?

Again, it's your mistake. You didn't get the joke, pretended you did, then got angry about it. It's so weird you're still on this given that I've offered to explain it to you.

If it helps, the joke has nothing to do with my opinion on SMS, or any Project CARS game, and nothing to do with whether anyone, anywhere, has ever lied or not.

I would hope so. The fact that you haven't...
IWpt2wD.gif

I know other sites do things differently, but nothing on GTPlanet is ever deleted. Sometimes it is removed from public view, but we keep it intact and even in its original position in the thread.

It's good for a laugh, but also moderator accountability.

Don't make me laugh man, i know posts get deleted, especially those that set your precious moderator in bad daylight. Do you want me to post the screens of posts deleted?

As for you initial reply... I really don't understand why you think that most people don't get what you meant by it...

Other Studios have never lied, but all is forgotten.

Behavior like this forum is presenting.

Nonsense. Any other publisher doing the same thing would get exactly the same treatment. If you claim otherwise than point out where a publisher or dev told lies and got a free pass.

Last edited:
I see the issue here at this forum now like other forums. Jeez, I'm done. I think, the posting that I saw from Mr. Bell was correct about the vitriol in the community.

Soo, me posting my opinion = vitrol?

You might be surprised to know that, much like @Scaff , I do actually enjoy the game, but I cannot ignore it's glaring issues, such as (but not limited to) technical woes, rather uninteresting career mode, imo poor car class makeup, and poor AI*. That being said, the Foundation, as well as the physics and gameplay, especially as a pad user, is solid, though.

May i ask which representatives you are referring to?

@Caf Pow 's aformentioned post of Ian Bell calling people "vitriolic" for giving criticism about his games springs to mind. IIRC, Mr. Bell has also more than once put out some questionable tweets against critics dating back to the PC1 days.

Also, even though I'm normally a lurker, I know that you have many times mentioned that you're a mod on the official forums and, as far as I can tell, have a direct (or damn-near direct) line to the dev team (by all means, correct me on the latter if that isn't the case). To me at least, that does make you a representative of the company, and some of your responses to users that are critical of PC3 are, imo, lacking, for lack (heh) of a better term.

Now, I don't doubt that you've gotten some pretty terrible posts while being a mod, as that is sadly just how the internet works. But there is indeed a difference between trash and criticism, even if said criticism doesn't line up with your opinions.

*Edit: And the in-game economy. For the love of God, please don't bring this back SMS.

Last edited:
Don't make me laugh man, i know posts get deleted
They do not. I've literally just explained the process to you.
especially those that set your precious moderator in bad daylight.
We have several moderators. Which is the precious one?
Do you want me to post the screens of posts deleted?
That'd be impressive since it never happens. As I explained to you, nothing is deleted, only hidden from public view - but preserved intact and in its original position.
As for you initial reply... I really don't understand why you think that most people don't get what you meant by it...
I think most do. I just know that you don't, and you want to paint yourself as "sensible" and "reasonable", which is why you say sensible and reasonable people will agree with you. Now you also want to put yourself in the majority, so we have "most" as well.

As I say, you only have to ask...

I should add that I dont think that any mods nor admins on GTPlanet would behave as such on other forums.

I should add that I dont think that any mods nor admins on GTPlanet would behave as such on other forums.
I think very much that they'd call a spade a spade on any other forum. Difference is they'd get banned on SMS forums, apparently for something as minor as making a joke, and something as major as doing exactly as @Konan is doing here. Heck, he's already admitted that he'd ban people for saying the things he said himself.

Soo, me posting my opinion = vitrol?

You might be surprised to know that, much like @Scaff , I do actually enjoy the game, but I cannot ignore it's glaring issues, such as (but not limited to) technical woes, rather uninteresting career mode, imo poor car class makeup, and poor AI. That being said, the Foundation, as well as the physics and gameplay, especially as a pad user, is solid, though.

@Caf Pow 's aformentioned post of Ian Bell calling people "vitriolic" for giving criticism about his games springs to mind. IIRC, Mr. Bell has also more than once put out some questionable tweets against critics dating back to the PC1 days.

Also, even though I'm normally a lurker, I know that you have many times mentioned that you're a mod on the official forums and, as far as I can tell, have a direct (or damn-near direct) line to the dev team (by all means, correct me on the latter if that isn't the case). To me at least, that does make you a representative of the company, and some of your responses to users that are critical of PC3 are, imo, lacking, for lack (heh) of a better term.

Now, I don't doubt that you've gotten some pretty terrible posts while being a mod, as that is sadly just how the internet works. But there is indeed a difference between trash and criticism, even if said criticism doesn't line up with your opinions.

I do have access to info sometimes,that's why it pisses me off that when i share that info,it's still not believed..."no assists on steering wheels" anyone?
What do some of you expect me to do? Share the screenshots of private conversations i have with the devs?
You may call SMS liars,but one thing i have never done (anywhere) is spread misinformation...

I think very much that they'd call a spade a spade on any other forum. Difference is they'd get banned on SMS forums, apparently for something as minor as making a joke, and something as major as doing exactly as @Konan is doing here. Heck, he's already admitted that he'd ban people for saying the things he said himself.

I think previous opinions/behaviours on other areas of the internet/GTPlanet are being questioned as to why they are not also being consistently applied here.

I am also aware that I'm contributing the square foot of fornicating all to this discussion, apart from to say that this:

Is in line for the ultimate bait post of the year award.
And also a winner in terms of what it caught!

I guess you never visited other forums then...

I did not,i said i would ban anyone for taking the mickey out of someone like Famine did...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not,i said i would ban anyone for taking the mickey out of someone like Famine did...
The irony is gold here. That you don't see it makes it even more so.

Last edited:
The irony is gold here. That you don't see it makes it even more so.

Do explain..

So you think it's normal for an admin to just rattle on about unrelated stuff to try and cover his tracks?

Last edited:
I guess you never visited other forums then...

To be honest no. I like GTP and stay here pretty much

Do explain..
d97.jpg

It's already been explained and you've still massively missed it. Me doing it again will change nothing.

So you think it's normal for an admin to just rattle on about unrelated stuff to try and cover his tracks?
I think its more funny that an admin did to you what you did to them and you're talking about it as if it was covering tracks. It flew over your head. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Ooo why does my quote show something not viewable in the message I quoted?

Edit: never mind I see the reply in its entirety now (facepalm)

Last edited:
I do have access to info sometimes,that's why it pisses me off that when i share that info,it's still not believed..."no assists on steering wheels" anyone?
What do some of you expect me to do? Share the screenshots of private conversations i have with the devs?
You may call SMS liars,but one thing i have never done (anywhere) is spread misinformation...

Someone said the steering wheel has assists?

d97.jpg

It's already been explained and you've still massively missed it. Me doing it again will change nothing.

Seems like you missed it,or should i say "see your own truth"?

Ok. If it explains a lot then perhaps you could explain some of it to me?

Nah man,you stay in your own little (made up) reality right here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like you missed it,or should i say "see your own truth"?
At this point, I don't even think you know what you're responding to, or trying to respond with anymore.

Nah man,you stay in your own little (made up) reality right here...
Funny how a mod talking about sensibility is going around trying to berate members that don't agree with him.

Someone said the steering wheel has assists?
I've said that I believe either some form of input smoothing is at work regardless of the input method used, or something of that nature.

Well either that or reality is wrong in comparisons to PCars 3 (and yes I am stating that from real world experience).

Last edited:

It sounds like you're letting your emotions et the better of you then. That very rarely leads to objective judgements.

I expect you, as effectively a representative of SMS, to not attack every little thing that comes across as criticism. It gives off the impression that such behavior is green-lit by the company. Again, I held off buying the product that you effectively represent because of that. I can't help but wonder how many other people (not necessarily on GTP) feel the same way?

As I mentioned, people are allowed negative opinions of the product. As long as said opinions follow the rules set, I don't see why there needs to be such an issue.

You may call SMS liars,...

Except I haven't.

...but one thing i have never done (anywhere) is spread misinformation...

I haven't accused you of such.

I've said that I believe either some form of input smoothing is at work regardless of the input method used.

Well either that or reality is wrong in comparisons to PCars 3!

SMS are liars, but you are doing the same with some magical assists.

[I expect you, as effectively a representative of SMS, to not attack every little thing that comes across as criticism.]

And where have i done that?
I never have attacked criticism about the game,unless it became insulting.
What i am very critical about though,is that SMS gets slandered for about everything excisting under the moon...
What people seem to forget is that SMS layed the groundworks for console sim games...not to mention what they created for the gaming community in general,before pCARS came out,there wasn't even something close to it.
did it have it's faults? Of course,but is that different to any ground breaking new development?
They wanted to go all the way,due to different circumstances they weren't able to release what they wanted,and they are being made accountable ever since...
many other titles are following in their footsteps now though...so isn't it about time to bury the hatchet?

Last edited:
@Konan I'll give it to you, you've really annoyed me with that "stay in your made up reality" post!

No need for that.

I have no relationship or need to side with site moderation/admin here. I say what I see.

And I see bollocks.

And where have i done that?
You've literally just told someone to stay in their pretend reality. Someone that wasn't even agreeing or disagreeing with what's going on here. You don't even need criticism or not at this point, you're just going after anyone and anything for no reason. Or actually, for reasons of misunderstanding on your part from the get go.

What i am very critical about though,is that SMS gets slandered for about everything excisting under the moon...
You have a weird victim complex even if you literally weren't the butt of the joke.

What people seem to forget is that SMS layed the groundworks for console sim games...not to mention what they created for the gaming community in general,before pCARS came out,there wasn't even something close to it.
did it have it's faults? Of course,but is that different to any ground breaking new development?
They wanted to go all the way,due to different circumstances they weren't able to release what they wanted,and they are being made accountable ever since...
many other titles are following in their footsteps now though...so isn't it about time to bury the hatchet?
What exactly does this have to do with?

Last edited:
Back