Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

yeah I remember watching the alpha back in what, 2008-2009 for Project Cars 1 and I remember them making this exact statement then too lol.
This game has been disappointment 1 after disappointment 2 after disappointment 3. surely there will be a fourth to come.

I heard that the US Democrats are trying to get Ian Bell to run for US President in '24 against Trump!!!
Wow, what a choice for president....Trump or Bell!!??:banghead:

Bells new tag line:
"Make Project Cars Great Again".......lol

What a load of bull turd. Eat it Ian, fix your current games rather than creaming over the hypothetical, absolute moron. FUNNY THING IS, now that EA is set to buy Codemasters, over 10 years or so it's gone completely full circle. With SMS and Ian in particular expressing his distaste for EA and all of it's workings around Shift 1 and 2s development, hence the entire reason for the inception of the PCARS franchise...he's gonna end up right underneath them once again which I find hilarious and borderline instant karma. Almost as if the universe is finally ruling against him and all this rubbish. hmm? Fun times.

please Ian prove what you are worth with your games and not with your own tweets. PCars 3 was a disaster. Release a good game and we will be there to play it and speak positively for it.

Exactly. Brief history of releases and claims

-pcars 2: great track selection and novel weather system, physics good/adequate by most accounts, problem: QC on consoles was outsourced, bug ridden game on day 1 especially consoles. Patches didn't fix all issue (I believe, I gave up after a few months)

-announcement of console that would smash the competition: nothing ever happened, just hype

-pcars 3 is released to bad or best mixed reviews. Arcade physics

-announcement of pcars4 that will smash the sim competition.

ec7f0adbbee0d5e8a48d05edc73d3898.gif

Call Ian Bell whatever you like, but at least he's realised just how big of a **** up Project Cars 3 is. Money talks and he's well aware of the dismal sales compared to Project Cars 1 and 2. There is no choice for them, they have to go back to fix their reputation. Project Cars 2 is the best simulation game I've ever played, logging more hours on it then any other game. When it works, it works extremely well. I know that SMS can produce a cracking simulator that I can play and enjoy, so I'm hopeful that the franchise will return to it's former glory.

Last edited:
Pcars 1 was great but road cars handled like a v-bottom boat.Add some sway bars. The cars hooked clockwise on too much throttle and ended up 180 facing backwards. Pcars 2 best ever car and track list but needed a diff setting for the hooking right syndrome! Also the weather was great but the water puddles were undriveable with drastic pulling of the steering wheel. Also the sheep and cows on Bnoch Brae were deleted with the fully grown female spectators replaced by middle aged female spectators. Pcars 3 had potential but the steel steering column was replaced with a chicken soup noodle ? and feels like rubber! This could have been the i-racing of playstation with constant improvements instead of constant changes of direction in design. Now if I could have a fanatec h-shifter as functional as a thrustmaster th8-a !

Did he delete the, 'hey sorry we are out of touch and don't listen to any fans, or have fans beta test stuff with genuine feedback anymore.' tweet?

If you aren't firm on your identity and what your product is/provides, how are we to believe what you say now is true? Are you flipping or flopping right now Ian Bell?

Will it be better than AC? Nah, brah, doubt it. Leaves don't count neither.

Jerome

Last edited:
Question: What is the most realistic sim out right now? As in, what do the current most realistic sims NOT have, that would make PC4 the most realistic sim?.... besides leaves...

Last edited:
My thoughts on today (warning - rude words may be said)

You said it all. How anyone can buy what Ian is spewing on Twitter is beyond me after what happened with PC3. A lot of us had our reservations with PC3 and were flat out lied to by Ian and Nathan. When we expressed our concerns with the direction PC3 was headed we were treated poorly and sometimes insulted on the official forums and discord.

Now Ian is doing his Trump rhetoric statements on Twitter, all of a sudden people are having short memories about the crap they just pulled only several months ago. Player numbers and sales are abysmal for PC3 and now all of a sudden SMS are admitting the direction they took with PC3 was a mistake? Really? After giving us such a hard time when PC3 came out when we criticized it. Now that you have something else to sell us, now you admit it was bad??

If where was a WMD 3 I would have joined in a heartbeat because I adored PC2 so much. But after all this, when they are possibly recruiting for WMD 4 I just can't be bothered because I lost trust.

Question: What is the most realistic sim out right now? As in, what do the current most realistic sims NOT have, that would make PC4 the most realistic sim?.... besides leaves...

The ironic thing is that I guarantee that besides the ******** bluster and grandstanding, Ian probably couldn't tell you what makes a realistic sim, nor what PCARS 4 could realistically do to make it elevate above ACC, rFactor 2, or any other sim on the market other then probably cars, and track list. Something that most people agree PCARS already did better then everyone else. Which should really tell you just how much of a zero sum game the sim racing genre is with this race for 'realism' - by this point there is nothing really revolutionary going on behind the scenes. All it is, is simply grandstanding from fans and development studios on how their game is more realistic, which often times boils down to 'how hard is the game to control?'

The fact that the rest of the racing game genre, through a multitude of different factors, had to die just so that a bunch of blowhards with sim racing wheels could feel good about circlejerking themselves about how realism was the most important aspect in racing games, and not actual gameplay or appealing to anyone else who has neither the time, nor space or money for sim racing equipment, is hilariously sad to me. But then again, that's capitalism baby. Developers go where the money, and it's been proven now that apparently sim racing games sell. But at what point do we reach an evolutionary dead end? Because aside from 'physics' (which 99% of the time aren't going to be able to be fully realized as long as devs have to appeal to a console market, leading to the circular argument that physics are being dumbed down for the masses and as such aren't realistic enough) and 'graphics' (realistic graphics by this point aren't as interesting as good art styles, as many other games outside of the racing space have shown) there isn't really much that can be done to make a sim more sim. Likewise, when most of the top sellers in the genre are sims, what point do sim racing fans realize that they've won, that the racing game genre as a whole has been negatively affected by the chase for realism where anything that is even slightly arcade (and actually interesting from a design and gameplay standpoint) doesn't sell well or is ridiculed for not being realistic or sim enough? It's the same sort of feeling I get when looking at how Marvel and Disney have more or less monopolized film - it's seemingly not enough for fans to realize they won, that the industry at large is now shaped in their favorite image. They also want people to basically treat these works like fine art, when they aren't. Not in the slightest.

Which goes back to PCARS 3 again. So many of the problems with that game could have been avoided if Ian had simply swallowed his pride and made the game the spin off it deserved to be. He didn't. Now we are here, and now people are asking the question of what can a studio even do to make an even more realistic sim racing game like Ian suggested, when in reality, we've reached the point where it's all diminishing returns.

And that's really all it is. Circular arguments that, on a major level, have more or less destroyed the racing game genre for all but a few specific people, and those specific people are not satisfied, even when they rule the roost and have developers at their beck and call, building the only games in the genre that sell in any major quantity.

Tbh I was out after buying PC1 when he promised they were going to add PSVR support and didn’t.

When he then said it was coming to PC2 I refused to buy it until it actually was added which of course it never did so I never bought it.

so yeah, take anything he says with a pinch of salt sadly

Reiza is having such a hard time to create something out of the madnesss engine and AMS 2 sucks bigrime and its not Reiza!
So Ian dude...are u okay? Took ur pills?

That he would prefer to talk about his next game, rather than the one that came out barely four months ago is quite telling...

Well I will give Pcars second chance (after PC3) but I need to see it with my own eyes before believing Ian's twitters. They already lied about Pcars 3 why should I trust them about Pcars 4 then? Remember no preorders.

A PC2 that is more polished and with a better campaign would be pretty good but it feels like PC4 will be another inconsistent title trying to be jack of all trades but master of none

Also,Slightly Mad are still supposed to be making a game console.....

Last edited:
This is good news!!! I believe He can do it. Ian's vision for pcars4 is exactly where it needs to be. NFS shift was an insight to that vision, Pcars1 was a failure of mechanics of that vision, pcars2 was an improvement of mechanics with a blurry vision, pcars3 was a destruction of mechanics with lack of vision. Pcars4 has no choice but to be that vision. Across all these games and updates, I've seen good and bad things come and go; from the best graphics I've ever seen to the worst graphics, from nearly the worst physics to nearly the best. Ian just needs to put all the good things in one package for pcars4 and make drastic improvement on the AI drivatars, because no matter how beautiful the game looks if the AI drivers are bad the entire game is bad. Personally I appreciate things he mentioned of seeing shadows of leaves. Pcars1 graphics were so gorgeous I could almost smell the raindrops beading on my windshield but at the same time, the AI smelled like hot garbage.

Remember PCars 3?
"We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water."

Last edited:
Back