Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

And it will be riddled with bugs and abandoned before it's finished. Yeah getting the pattern now. PC has a dire reputation. Anyone with any sense would pick a completely new unrelated name rather than use a franchise that is not respected, if they want to shout shallow self-hyping.

Question: What is the most realistic sim out right now? As in, what do the current most realistic sims NOT have, that would make PC4 the most realistic sim?.... besides leaves...
I'd say that once you're in the territory of the biggest and most "hardcore" sims out there then it's more a matter of opinion. Which is why I assume Scaff used the word "Arguably" and gave his.
Niels Heusinkveld (the physics guy from Automobilista) has an interesting video (watch?v=0qe8W1poqcQ) about the complexities of developing a tyre model. Once you watch that you realize there's no definitive answer to your question. :)

Which is why I assume Scaff used the word "Arguably" and gave his.
Yep.

Niels Heusinkveld (the physics guy from Automobilista) has an interesting video (watch?v=0qe8W1poqcQ) about the complexities of developing a tyre model. Once you watch that you realize there's no definitive answer to your question. :)
I would also strongly recommend this video as well.

giphy.gif

I'd say that once you're in the territory of the biggest and most "hardcore" sims out there then it's more a matter of opinion. Which is why I assume Scaff used the word "Arguably" and gave his.

Many moons ago an engineer who worked for a tire manufacturer made a tire mod for Shift 2 (did a spot of test driving for the project), and he had a bugger of a time. A lot of work, many months and revisions went into it. He did end up with what I thought was the best model for modern and especially race cars but he never could quite get it to work right with the older cars. IMO the tire model is tied with control implementation for most important aspects of a racing game (they're all important but those are the two most important), and if we could somehow mash the PC2 tire model with AC's wheel implementation I think we would have ourselves one hell of a sim.

AS for PC4, much like everyone else here, from the Show Me state on it. I'm tired of waiting for them to deliver. I love PC1 & 2 but neither was ever finished to a state where they could be said to be complete and many promises were not delivered on, and I won't discuss 3 further. With the typical dev cycle PC4 won't be out before 2023 or so.

Last edited:
Just booted up PC2 again and I'm sure he can back up his prediction on consoles.

I remember a long long time ago, a game by the name of Neeed For Speed Hot Pursuit, had leaves blowing around when driven over them. I think that was PS1 graphics. if a blowing leaf, manipulated by turbulent air, finds its way onto the grille of a car and subsiquent other leaves build up on said grille, I'm all for the impending doom that would result in engine malfunction.

Do your thug thizzle Ian: Project Cars 4 The Real Leaf Blowing Simulator

Arguably its RFactor 2 (certainly that would get my vote), add in anything else with the ISI engine under it such as RaceRoom and AMS.

On console, yes, but once you step outside that limit it's simply not true at all.

z8kWpRr.jpeg

That's in-game, not a dedicated photo-mode Assetto Corsa, hell even PCars2 on PC will more than give GTS a run for its money, as will ACC

Sorry, but GT is at least a generation behind in terms of physics accuracy even in comparison to PC2, in terms of the best around? They are not even close.
i play acc on computer with full graphics and gt sport is just way more photo realistic, and they are games, the important is having fun, they will never simulate racing at 100 per cent.

I think in terms of graphic its ACC > PCars 2 > GTSport, with the first two on a pc. The assets in GTSport are high Quality but it is way to clean and the Game just has no atmosphere at all. For me, Graphics is more than just how many Polygons make up one car, it is how the overall game is presented. In this department, SMS has proven that they are very much capable.

But lets wait and see what they can do after the (PR) Nightmare of part 3...
I think it has atmosphere because is way more photorealistic, and we have it on PS4, just imagine what we can get on gt7 for ps5.

Last edited by a moderator:
i play acc on computer with full graphics and gt sport is just way more photo realistic,
So do I, and I have to disagree, keep in mind that ACC does it without the need for a specific photo-mode and with dynamic time of day and weather, neither of which GTS has.

and they are games, the important is having fun, they will never simulate racing at 100 per cent.
They are indeed, however, what is fun varies from person to person, and just because we can't get to 100% doesn't mean we shouldn't bother. I find R3E and RF2 far more fun than GTS because they get much closer to reality than other titles, I find AC fun because it does a damn good job with the physics and with the modding community is just a massive sandpit of everything driving-related.

I think it has atmosphere because is way more photorealistic, and we have it on PS4, just imagine what we can get on gt7 for ps5.
Again I would have to disagree, while the GT series has always been one of the front runners in terms of lighting, the atmosphere has always been lacking, as the series has always (to me) been far to clean, clinical and sterile in its environments to have a real atmosphere.

I agree about the atmosphere. It's too dead. I've fallen alseep while playing GT5 & GT6. GTS keeps me a bit more interested due to replay length.

AC, ACC and PC(1/2) just have it all over GT. Those games keep me alert. Not just awake. There are plenty of aural inputs that keep me in tune to what the car and my surroundings are doing.

Yes. Of course I would use that title too after ruining all my fans' hopes and even car sounds... :lol:
I laughed when I saw the Tweet about the MoViNg LeAvEs.
Laughs in Gran Turismo
I remember playing Autumn Ring just to drive off-track and see the leaves moving.
What a special addition in the game. After 15 years it's time to put that in PC4 and play it like the most realistic game ever:lol:

Thanks, but it smells unsatisfaction for me Mr.BigBellCEOExecutiveCodemastersProducer. Even in just some parts though. Every time I've seen so much advertising and marketing, hyping the 🤬 out of the fans (no matter the game/platform), it always turns out that they will be disappointed even in one thing or you will end up running it all.
Cough Cyberpunk cough

Last edited:
Y'all realize that Mr. Bell usually posts when he has something to sell or needs to drum up some buzz for whatever reason? It's like clockwork. He got y'all right where he wants to: talking about him and the franchise. I'd say 'mission accomplished'. :)

Lets ignore the fact that 'any publicity is good publicity' hasn't been true in years, especially since it is now incredibly easy for anything to have poor legs and rotten word of mouth:

So many of the comments in here are criticizing Ian Bell, calling him out for his obvious lies and embellishments over the years, and his general asshole nature. Open mistrust of these statements (if not outright dismissing them for the pie in the sky ideas they are) and a general undercurrent of betrayed trust from outright lying to a community that you really shouldn't be lying to. If this is what he wants, then mission accomplished I guess. But frankly, nobody should be looking at this thread, and the horrendous word of mouth that PCARS 3 got (which, as it needs to be mentioned time and time again, was self-inflicted and lies squarely at the feet of Ian Bell and Ian Bell only) and think that any of this actually means something other then Ian Bell has a lot of work to do in order to regain any of the trust he has lost over the years. And considering his bluster, he hasn't learned a goddamn thing.

Tbh I wasn't even expecting him to appear, at the very least anytime soon after pc3. I'm so surprised that I don't really know whether he has yet again talked too soon as usual, or maybe pc4 may not be that far as we think.

and with dynamic time of day and weather, neither of which GTS has.
^This.

Looking forward to it. I mean, I'm not one who minds much about realism, but... Is there a way to turn off the penalty system in PCars 3??? It's quite punishing... I had one or two tire off track and I got penalized for cutting corners.

Last edited:
Call Ian Bell whatever you like, but at least he's realised just how big of a **** up Project Cars 3 is. Money talks and he's well aware of the dismal sales compared to Project Cars 1 and 2. There is no choice for them, they have to go back to fix their reputation. Project Cars 2 is the best simulation game I've ever played, logging more hours on it then any other game. When it works, it works extremely well. I know that SMS can produce a cracking simulator that I can play and enjoy, so I'm hopeful that the franchise will return to it's former glory.

When it works it works, but when it doesn't it a total bag of ****. Loved PCARS 1 but sold PCARS 2 after a couple of weeks. Massive let down. Assetto Corsa is 10x the simulator PCARS 2 is. And Gran Turismo is leaps and bounds ahead. Would love another one to add to the collection, but suggest Bell would be better off spending his time building a decent (bug free) sim than wasting his time making unfounded claims on the internet

Last edited:
We will have to wait and see but I hope PC4 returns as a proper sim on PS5. As a console player the options are quite limited and I am one of the few people who never really enjoyed AC, also that game simply lacks content in terms of tracks and cars to keep me entertained.

I haven't touched PC3 but still play PC2 and played PC1 a lot as well. The first two iterations did quite well what they were supposed to do although they were far from a finished product and didn't meet the expectations set before their release. Just for this reason alone i wish SMS ( @IanBell ) would focus on the product instead of overhyping it and setting it up for disappointment.

Unfortunately it's impossible to create a game that fullfills every wish from every customer or even developer. Just release a good game in decent state, even if this sacrifies the game from 100% level of simulation to 95%.

If PC4 becomes the proper successor of PC2 i hope it will be I will buy it without a doubt as I really need a nice sim racer on my next console. And GT most likely wont get close to that and other games on PS5 most likely lack content.

I agree about the atmosphere. It's too dead. I've fallen alseep while playing GT5 & GT6. GTS keeps me a bit more interested due to replay length.

AC, ACC and PC(1/2) just have it all over GT. Those games keep me alert. Not just awake. There are plenty of aural inputs that keep me in tune to what the car and my surroundings are doing.
I've always had sleeping problems, except when playing GT, and that is not a joke.

We have nothing to lose do we,

So we might as well sit back relax and see if MR Bell can deliver this Time,

Pcars3 was rubbish, not even worthy and never ever be compared to the greatest all round racing sim pcars2 on the consoles,

Pcars2 was proof that a hard core racing sim could be made for the consoles (ps4 xbox)

I own a gaming pc but pcars2 was identical on the pc as on the ps4,

We know Ian Bell took alot of criticism and rightly so, and here's hoping he and his team really want to redeem themselves with pcars4

Thats hope pcars4 is the worthy successor to pcars2,

I don't think you can pull the wool over the sim communities eyes this ,

We wish you the best Mr Bell

Happy Christmas

As funny as this twitter boasting was (especially after similar PCars 3 boasting) i still hope they will deliver it this time. We just need to be cautious this time. Maybe they can redeem themselves.

Damn, Ian, slow the hell down. You're going too fast. Project Cars 3 ain't even 6 months, let alone 2 or 3 years old yet. Instead of jumping right to the next game, how about refine and tweak the third one so that it isn't such a pain to play. :/

Back