Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

As read on other forums...

Just leaf him alone these shots look tree-mendous. Can’t wait to drive the Nordschleaf!

C803E878-37DF-423A-B4B3-2F5929136C53.png

Last edited:
Leaves are a nice effect, but i think they should be more worried about the graphic in general, if we take GT sport the graphics is just another level compared to any ither racing games, the thing is that i cannot understand why other racing games can't even get close to gt, in terms of graphics, of course there are racing games that have more realistic physics, but if we get a little bit more realistic physics in gt7 (including tyre temperature etc.) gt won't have rivals, PD has the skills to create the best racing game ever, but we have to see if they want to create it, that's why i think slighty mad should focus on the graphics in general, not on little details.

Leaves are a nice effect, but i think they should be more worried about the graphic in general, if we take GT sport the graphics is just another level compared to any ither racing games, the thing is that i cannot understand why other racing games can't even get close to gt, in terms of graphics, of course there are racing games that have more realistic physics, but if we get a little bit more realistic physics in gt7 (including tyre temperature etc.) gt won't have rivals, PD has the skills to create the best racing game ever, but we have to see if they want to create it, that's why i think slighty mad should focus on the graphics in general, not on little details.

I think in terms of graphic its ACC > PCars 2 > GTSport, with the first two on a pc. The assets in GTSport are high Quality but it is way to clean and the Game just has no atmosphere at all. For me, Graphics is more than just how many Polygons make up one car, it is how the overall game is presented. In this department, SMS has proven that they are very much capable.

But lets wait and see what they can do after the (PR) Nightmare of part 3...

Last edited:
Agree, while GT Sport's cars look wonderful, anything else is totally bad and looks outdated. Taking in consideration that PC2 processes much more than only cars at whole, picture looks natural.

Plus this acid green glass in GT, just another level of plastic visuals.

Last edited:
And that's really all it is. Circular arguments that, on a major level, have more or less destroyed the racing game genre for all but a few specific people, and those specific people are not satisfied, even when they rule the roost and have developers at their beck and call, building the only games in the genre that sell in any major quantity.

Sorry but this is a bit contradictory; how is the sim racing genre only focused on a few select people, yet in the same sentence you're saying they only build the games that sell in quantity? I'm not sure if you're saying a) there's only a few people out there who want decent sims to play on a sim rig set up, or b) that the developers are only pandering to what sells? Because you can only really have one of these things at once in this scenario. I'm sorry you don't have the space or finances to invest in a wheel etc, but sim racing is thriving right now and most of us are enjoying it. Sure, there's always people that want more of this or more of that, but generally speaking, things are good.
And as for controller players, all the titles that are gamepad friendly are the ones with the most financial backing, i.e Gran Turismo, F1, DiRT and Forza. Hell, you even get two separate series with Forza, both of very high quality, a different focus and with an insane amount of time and resources put into them, tailor made for gamepad users. I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm just kind of struggling to see what your beef is.

Ian Bell didn't end in a good way when slightly mad studio was part of EA..

Also strange that he started to be active again on twitter, the day that the media announced the EA offer to buy Codemasters..

He's worried to get fired? And has to start promoting Pcars 4 trying to convince again all the Pcars fanbase he lost if he has to start a new crowdfunding campaign?

About all "best simulation ever"...lol, after Pcars2, and "Pcars3" ..who gonna believe still his words?lol
Why are you including PC2 as something bad along with PC3?

PC3 is a platform for you to question Ian since it was the furthest thing from "all the Sim you could want"

But, PC2 is a masterpiece, the deepest, SIMMEST (I know that's not a word but it fits here) racing game on either console.

Based on PC3, I raise an eyebrow to anything Ian says about the next game.

Based on PC2, I'm very hopeful for a return to Sim glory.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is a bit contradictory

Not really?

how is the sim racing genre only focused on a few select people, yet in the same sentence you're saying they only build the games that sell in quantity?

The sim racing genre is the reason why most every racing game is so focused on realism. There is a reason why pure arcade racing games don't exist anymore, and that's because people (though really, it is mostly the sim racing crowd) have been so focused on demanding realism as much as possible. The only way you can provide that is through money. Money that most every other developer or publisher not already established can provide. There is no real thing as a pick up and play racing game anymore, unless you count indies, which by this point have followed the trend of most indie games in being nostalgic tripe that traffics in harkening back to an age that an increasing number of people don't have an attachment towards.

b) that the developers are only pandering to what sells?

Developers are pandering to the loudest crowd. That crowd, as much as they are a loud minority, are sim racers, who want a return on investment from their sim racing equipment, and in places like this, and on social media, beat against games for not being realistic enough. As such, developers and publishers are under the belief that what sells are sims, but only because they are the loudest crowd, and are in reality a minority.

I'm sorry you don't have the space or finances to invest in a wheel etc, but sim racing is thriving right now and most of us are enjoying it. Sure, there's always people that want more of this or more of that, but generally speaking, things are good.

And yet that circles back to PCARS, doesn't it? SMS' games since NFS Shift have always had horrific pad handling that even with adjustment isn't that great, and they've consistently said that they would fix it, would make it a priority in the next game. They haven't, and in a racing game that absolutely *needed* good pad handling in PCARS 3 (with SMS once again bleating about how it was the best it had ever been) they didn't deliver. Again. By this point, this has been a nearly decade long occurrence. If I am someone who sees this, why should I bother playing a game that is only really good with another upfront cost that in the middle of a pandemic, I don't have the money for? Are things really good when in order to actually make use of a genre of games, people need to spend more money on items that might not even get enough use to justify the cost if they don't enjoy it in that one instance?

And as for controller players, all the titles that are gamepad friendly are the ones with the most financial backing, i.e Gran Turismo, F1, DiRT and Forza.

...two of these titles are essentially sims. One of which literally had a arcade spin off not do well because, among other factors, people were wondering why it wasn't the follow up to the popular sim racing strand, even though Codemasters made it crystal clear (something that SMS never did with PCARS, it should be noted) that the game was going to be arcade as it could be.

Gran Turismo Sport is more or less a sim by this point, considering how Kaz took the wrong lessons from the failures of GT5 and 6 and thought that people would bust down the doors for what essentially amounted to a console iRacing clone with fancy FIA partnerships and what turned out to be an effectively online only game that probably will become a paperweight once GT7 comes out. Soon Kaz was walking back his words within a year, adding the things that people actually wanted in a GT game, but didn't even manage to fix the problems present with that either.

Forza is two series, yes, and Horizon is the more popular one, but maybe it should tell you about the near effective monopoly in the racing game space between those with the most financial backing that Horizon is one of the success stories? And you can look in the main FH4 thread in this very forum about the challenges that Playground have in creating a game that not only sells, but makes car people, which the vast majority of this forum are, happy? Spoilers, it's becoming a challenge, and it's going to reach a critical mass point with the development of FH5 and beyond, considering many of the problems with Forza are shared between Motorsport and Horizon.

So yeah. Is the racing game genre really that good a shape? Because what I see is a genre, overall, that is increasingly becoming more focused on realism then actually fun gameplay or interesting ideas, and those that aren't interested in sim racing all the time anymore (myself included) are finding themselves increasingly grouped up in a few arcade racing monoliths that cannot please everyone, and as such, are basically told to accept it or take a hike.

Hahahaha....

Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh harder.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, I hope he truly means lesson learned. Because...

Why are you including PC2 as something bad along with PC3?

PC3 is a platform for you to question Ian since it was the furthest thing from "all the Sim you could want"

But, PC2 is a masterpiece, the deepest, SIMMEST (I know that's not a word but it fits here) racing game on either console.

Based on PC3, I raise an eyebrow to anything Ian says about the next game.

Based on PC2, I'm very hopeful for a return to Sim glory.
Easy,I didn't mean it to be a bad game (PC2) but,lot of promise words where made by Mr Bell that didn't happen.

Sure PC2 is a great game, better than a GT/Forza and bit worse than AC and ACC in terms of physics/simulation/FFB.

But it's the most complete racing game this Gen for sure.

I also hope that next PC goes back to more SIM, but I don't believe any word anymore of Ian Bell...to much lies

Easy,I didn't mean it to be a bad game (PC2) but,lot of promise words where made by Mr Bell that didn't happen.

Sure PC2 is a great game, better than a GT/Forza and bit worse than AC and ACC in terms of physics/simulation/FFB.

But it's the most complete racing game this Gen for sure.

I also hope that next PC goes back to more SIM, but I don't believe any word anymore of Ian Bell...to much lies

I agree with you that it's hard to believe what he says considering that he is a proven deceiver based on what he told us we were getting before project cars 3 arrived.

It would have been so much easier for him to just say that they are going in a completely different direction and leave it at that.

Lies and dammed lies

Let's wait n see, I thought Ian Bell hates EA from them trying to crush them, maybe he can keep hold of the IP or take SMS elsewhere

Last edited:
I love the passion Ian brings to the table.

Really looking forward to PCARS 4 now. If it really does become the most realistic racing game ever made sign me up

View attachment 978666

View attachment 978667

Does not compute, were there massive sales on console?

Massive sales on consoles, yes. Massive sales? No.

I really like that 'they are afraid to voice their love for the game for fear of abuse' line. Maybe that happens sometimes, which is whatever. But...weren't people banned for criticizing SMS on the 'realism' of the PCARS games on the WMD forums both in the lead up to PCARS 2 and 3? Sure flies in the face of that point.

Massive sales empty online lobbies. In a second week after launch I'm already couldn't join any daily race because it can't be started with one player. If Project Cars 3 so good arcade game, than it shows who is really minority here.
There still loads of lobbies and leagues in PC2, controllers and rigs.

Question: What is the most realistic sim out right now? As in, what do the current most realistic sims NOT have, that would make PC4 the most realistic sim?.... besides leaves...
Arguably its RFactor 2 (certainly that would get my vote), add in anything else with the ISI engine under it such as RaceRoom and AMS.

Leaves are a nice effect, but i think they should be more worried about the graphic in general, if we take GT sport the graphics is just another level compared to any ither racing games, the thing is that i cannot understand why other racing games can't even get close to gt, in terms of graphics,
On console, yes, but once you step outside that limit it's simply not true at all.

z8kWpRr.jpeg

That's in-game, not a dedicated photo-mode Assetto Corsa, hell even PCars2 on PC will more than give GTS a run for its money, as will ACC

of course there are racing games that have more realistic physics, but if we get a little bit more realistic physics in gt7 (including tyre temperature etc.) gt won't have rivals, PD has the skills to create the best racing game ever, but we have to see if they want to create it, that's why i think slighty mad should focus on the graphics in general, not on little details.
Sorry, but GT is at least a generation behind in terms of physics accuracy even in comparison to PC2, in terms of the best around? They are not even close.

From those tweets I have a little bit of hope that they can still save their brand. From the tweets I think they've realized that pc3 was a complete failure and they had to look back at what got them started : listen to what the community want, ie: a realistic simulation.
IMO there is no way they gonna get close to Gt7 in terms of graphics but it's ok, as long as they nail the physics or other aspects of the game....
That said I don't understand Why developers focus so much on graphics instead of content,physics... PD, SMS, turn10.... all of them always praise their graphics, lighting or whatever, and when you pick the game and start playing, it's like playing need for speed with a wheel. If only they could use the power of next gen to create something as hardcore as iracing or assetto corsa for us guys who don't want to put 5k in a pc
Playing a sim for it's graphics is like watching a PH movie for the story

Well, jokes aside about leafs and no one will touch us with etc, I think I now understand the reason for pc3 to exist and why we didn't have a proper pc3 on the new generation. So, looking forward to pc4 of course, specially now that we can take it for granted it will the evolution of pc2 physics many of us were waiting for on next gen. Too bad it is gonna take two or three years at the very least, and seeing how the world is going on...

People may laugh a lot at people like Ian, but if people like him didn't exist in this industry then everything would be much worse. He's still a creator, who brings us games we like, racing games. He talks a lot, yeah that's his problem, but you folks don't have your own problems too?, then laugh at those of your own for once, let alone if you don't create or contribute to anything other than satisfying your own needs.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back