Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

@SCRacing2017 -- Developers typically begin working on the next game before they've even launched the one before it. Post-release support does not involve the whole team.
But the game wasn't finished and that's the reason we can give some time but don't want to read anything about a different future :D It's just very bad.

I have no doubt Pcars 4 will be amazing and look forward to purchasing it on release. Most likely it will be for PS5 which will be a plus. The moving leaves is neither here nor there for me though since while racing at a pace I don't have time to even notice.
Looks like they'll also be re-introducing pit lanes/stops etc which I can do without though but should please others.
They could in the mean time update 3 and fix a few things for the existing fans. Easy to add pit stops and tire wear. I am enjoying the game just they way it is since like they said on release most people just do short races anyway. But my point is with an update they could add to it.

Most realistic? sounds great, what i`d love to do in car games is wind the drivers window down, and use windscreen wipers and washer fluid...that`s realistic..

To be honest, PC2 is still best available game on PS4 !!! I just hope they will improve it further !!!

Lets just hope they will make it fully Next gen and use all additional power to make the experience better. But i need see it before believing it.

Stand aside GT Omega, cancel your order for a Playseat.
Ian Bell announces the new Project Car 4 SIM rig will be " the most realistic SIM rig ever made "
C2mFIvaUAAAMDTh.jpg

Lets just hope they will make it fully Next gen and use all additional power to make the experience better. But i need see it before believing it.

Couldn't agree more with this, i'm both skeptic and hopeful myself but in the end of the day as a racing enthousiast in general we can only hope for mor titles to arrive on consoles as in the end this will give us a product closer to each of our own preferences.
I'm indifferent which company gives me this product but in the past content wise Project Cars (1 and 2) was the only thing that got close to this for me on PS4 as i prefer a wide spectrum of cars on a extended list of real circuits.

Regardless of the direction they choose to go with PC4 I think trust needs to be restored first. It's not the game's per say that's the issue (people are going to like different things) but it's more like "SMS are releasing another PC title" which way is this going to go, what will we hear about this title, will this title be supported or fixed, will it even be playable at launch.

It's obvious that SMS favour iterations instead of supporting a single title over a long period whether it's finished or not.

I wonder what it would of been if they just continued updating PC overtime (like what Reiza are doing with AMS2) would it of brought more sales as it updated, would releasing big change dlc over time made more money than releasing a 2nd or 3rd, would the player base increase to say that of AC? I don't know.

I missed out on PC1, I absolutely love PC2, PC3 isn't my cup of tea, but I'll keep an eye on the development of PC4 from a distance.

However if they announced AMS2 for the new consoles or if I decided to get a PC again then I would probably abandon the PC franchise all together as I don't have the time to enjoy multiple games anymore.

Last edited:
I wonder what it would of been if they just continued updating PC overtime (like what Reiza are doing with AMS2) would it of brought more sales as it updated, would releasing big change dlc over time made more money than releasing a 2nd or 3rd, would the player base increase to say that of AC? I don't know.

THIS! I think it would be better to get ONE PCars per generation and upgrading it more and more. Even with paid dlc or something. If done properly the game would evolve to be better and having best content.

However I do hope they won't be making too much. This time. Yes I want very realistic title, but i would love to see them focus on delivering good tarmac physics or something. I think that nothing works 100% fine in Pcars 2 because they are detouring themselves with loads of different content. Let the game be less buggy more polished. Please.

What if SMS decided to develop something like this:

PCARS4
downloadable or on disc, which continues along the line of PCARS3.
Available on all platforms.

PCARS 4EVA
subscription based server model along the lines of iRacing.
cross platform access (latest gen only)
True sim based physics, damage model, rules, various categories, weather, etc, etc, etc
System is managed and upgraded by dedicated SMS team.

This way they can keep the casual player base happy with an simcade type of racing game, which will have a few upgrades and some dlc thrown in for good measure.
The sim server game is for the sim type racers that want all the bells and whistles and are prepared to pay for it, but then dont have to worry about the game becoming redundant as core game upgrades are free, but they can download car models, tracks etc for some moola.

just a thought??!!

The iRacing business model is already parasitic as it is. The last thing anyone needs is for that type of business practice to be forced into games like pCARS.
Shhh... You'll give SMS/CM/EA ideas. The ultimate money maker, should suit them nicely.

Last edited:
I think base game with base content for full price and few season passes is the best option for normal racing game. If you want to play, you can and if you want more, you can too. I can't imagine many people would pay monthly for something. Something like AMS2 looks OK to me but I would split passes.

And Wreckfest, for sure. I wouldn't give free tracks but more passes is great solution.

Last edited:
I would never play their games again if they decide to make it a subscription model like iRacing.

It'd just be inviting more people to go back to Assetto Corsa as well.

Really?
So SMS is a money grabbing company?
Ian is dead set against lootboxes or anything related to that...
You're now owned by the biggest money grabbing company on the planet. It does not matter what Ian likes or dislikes anymore.

Besides, what was Fast and Furious & PC3 if it wasn't a money grab?

Should've supported PC2 a little longer then released a update or new version on the next gen consoles.

Last edited:
You're now owned by the biggest money grabbing company on the planet. It does not matter what Ian likes or dislikes anymore.

Besides, what was Fast and Furious & PC3 if it wasn't a money grab?

Should've supported PC2 a little longer then released a update or new version on the next gen consoles.

You seem to forget that it's usually not up to the creator of the game to decide how long support will continue...
As for your other statement,them trying a different approach does not mean they are money grabbers.They're still a company trying to look after their employees,and since pCARS2 got met with hatred (as did pCARS1 for that fact),maybe they decided to try something different.
Unfortunately some of the sim community did not want to leave well alone and decided to destroy the game based upon biased opinions comparing it to the other two former titles instead of looking at it as a separate game.
Taking more in account the name of the game than what was announced as "a spiritual successor to Shift"

You seem to forget that it's usually not up to the creator of the game to decide how long support will continue...
As for your other statement,them trying a different approach does not mean they are money grabbers.They're still a company trying to look after their employees,and since pCARS2 got met with hatred (as did pCARS1 for that fact),maybe they decided to try something different.
Unfortunately some of the sim community did not want to leave well alone and decided to destroy the game based upon biased opinions comparing it to the other two former titles instead of looking at it as a separate game.
Taking more in account the name of the game than what was announced as "a spiritual successor to Shift"
I presume it got met with hatred because people were trying to give you feedback in regards to what was wrong with the game & told to politely go away, although after all it was a Community Assisted Racing Simulator & without them people it would not be.

Look at ACC at launch, especially on console.

I know they're different games but I doubt you received the same hate as Hello games for No man's sky & look what they've done. They didn't release no man's sky 2 or 3, they just sorted out the issues they had.

Last edited:
I presume it got met with hatred because people were trying to give you feedback in regards to what was wrong with the game & told to politely go away, although after all it was a Community Assisted Racing Simulator & without them people it would not be.

Look at ACC at launch, especially on console.

I know they're different games but I doubt you received the same hate as Hello games for No man's sky & look what they've done. They didn't release no man's sky 2 or 3, they just sorted out the issues they had.

I'm afraid you got your facts wrong, they were indeed created with the help of the community,it's after they got released they met with hatred from some of the community that wasn't involved in the first place.
Proving the point you can't please everyone.
That's not SMS's fault though, anyone could enter WMD and have their voice be heard. Those who chose not to and complain afterwards have their selves to blame...

I'm afraid you got your facts wrong, they were indeed created with the help of the community,it's after they got released they met with hatred from some of the community that wasn't involved in the first place.
Proving the point you can't please everyone.
That's not SMS's fault though, anyone could enter WMD and have their voice be heard. Those who chose not to and complain afterwards have their selves to blame...

Agree

There were thousands of WMD members. But, only about 50 members helping towards the development.

One of those things is mentioned on the official website for Pcars3 and the other isn’t, take a guess which way around it is.

Blaming fans of the series for the utter marketing disaster that PCars3 is, that’s about as dishonest as it gets.

Regardless of how many people actually helped before or after is irrelevant, it's not the game's per say that you got hate for (so there was no need to change the formula to suit everyone), it's the issues that plagued it people got angry about. Ok some people didn't say things till after release but even after a year of patching things were still left with issues, then some of issues carried over to PC2 so you got more hate for not listening or fixing things again. Some of these issues appeared in AMS2, but guess what.. Reiza are listening (ffb tweaks, AI improvements etc), more & more people are jumping over to it. So it proves your original formula (Project cars) was what most people wanted, we just wanted it polished up a bit more, looked after, supported. But you give us PC3 instead with a load of new issues anyway.

Back