Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

If pcars4 corrects three issues from pcars2, it will be the next Forza and gt killer.
1) AI has bad awareness of your presence on the track.
In front, AI blocks and too slow in corners , from behind, AI too fast, rams the rear bumper in corners, from beside, AI crashes into side because it's following the exact same mindless robotic path as the AI in front of it.
2) I have to hunt down over the internet to find the best assists, handling or physics settings for the wheel/controller. Something feels odd with physics when taking corners. it would be nice to have it optimized out the box.
3) pcars1 graphics of trees and environment were slightly better than pcars2 on my PS4, better graphics makes me feel more emersed in the game and adds more fun factor. For an example, Forza horizon and gtsport.

Some will complain about tedious things such as "tires are not heating to the correct specifications" and such. These type of of complaints are not going to make or break the game, Slightly Mad, if you are listening...

Last edited:
What pc4 tyre model really needs is to eliminate that much flex found in the pc2 slick model. You shouldn't be able to turn the wheel as much as you can in pc2 without consequences when on slicks. Also, there's some twichiness to it too that shouldn't go overlooked too in order to improve things, as well as a complete rework of the slick tyre behaviour when they are cold. There's a lot of good stuff found in the assetto competizioneslick model that pc4 devs might be interested to look upon in order to develop their next.

About the street tyre. In order to improve upon pc2 street tyre model, again that small twichiness that can be sometimes noticed should be completely eliminated. Also, the street tyre behaviour when turning too much should be tweaked a bit, but overall, if pc2 has featured something special then that has been, precisely, the st model.

I also hope that next time force feedback includes proper straight line rumbling. This policy of removing stuff that is not directly related to the drivetrain and your wheels when turning has, imo, killed the experience of so many games nowadays, dirt rally2 in particular.

Weather is perfect as it is, just improve on visuals and all that stuff.

And we have all tracks from pc2 in the project cars tradition. Just keep expanding it.

I still think to this day that the excesive angle when taking corners you can exploit in pc2 in tarmac tracks and with slicks is a direct secondary effect of having added rallycross. PC4 shouldn't feature off road racing imo, and focus your tyre model full on tarmac. Yes, even after almost five years, pc2 rallycross handling still reigns supreme, but it had its bad effect on the slick tyre model for tarmac, hence pc4 shouldn't have rallycross.

And then what more..., just pray the game ships as bug free as possible..., ahem.

I find it fun even to this day that, if you play pc2 race cars on slicks in a realistic way like in assetto competizione (without turning too much), I mean if you don't cross that barrier the game still gives you the impression of being kinda realistic. Cross that barrier and the game feels arcade. It's a curious thing about pc2, but I'm pretty sure the responsible for that was the added rallycross model.

Last edited:
I still think to this day that the excesive angle when taking corners you can exploit in pc2 in tarmac tracks and with slicks is a direct secondary effect of having added rallycross. PC4 shouldn't feature off road racing imo, and focus your tyre model full on tarmac. Yes, even after almost five years, pc2 rallycross handling still reigns supreme, but it had its bad effect on the slick tyre model for tarmac, hence pc4 shouldn't have rallycross.
I find it fun even to this day that, if you play pc2 race cars on slicks in a realistic way like in assetto competizione (without turning too much), I mean if you don't cross that barrier the game still gives you the impression of being kinda realistic. Cross that barrier and the game feels arcade. It's a curious thing about pc2, but I'm pretty sure the responsible for that was the added rallycross model.
I don't believe PCARS2's rallycross had such a detrimental effect on its simulation. There is no intrinsic necessity for one to interfere with the other that way. If the surface is tarmac, it's tarmac; if it's not, it's not. The slick tire compounds were not developed for rallycross, because it's not their use case.

That PCARS2's rallycross is among the best also points to it being a non-issue in relation to non-rallycross driving.

I don't believe PCARS2's rallycross had such a detrimental effect on its simulation. There is no intrinsic necessity for one to interfere with the other that way. If the surface is tarmac, it's tarmac; if it's not, it's not. The slick tire compounds were not developed for rallycross, because it's not their use case.

That PCARS2's rallycross is among the best also points to it being a non-issue in relation to non-rallycross driving.
Group B cars drive fairly, good on race

Last edited:
Ok I didn't know that. I do feel that since Project Cars 3 didn't sell well may have a big influence on their direction for PC4. But I guess we have to wait and see

Not trying to stir up trouble, but who actually thinks this game is going to happen? Put me down for no. PC3 was great and I learned how to really race on the game. But it seems like this franchise is dead.

Not trying to stir up trouble, but who actually thinks this game is going to happen? Put me down for no. PC3 was great and I learned how to really race on the game. But it seems like this franchise is dead.
You are trying to start trouble. j/k :lol: You may be right who knows what the future holds. I would like think it would fit in the EA racing portfolio well as a more sim oriented racer. That way they could cover most of the racing audience

kjb
You are trying to start trouble. j/k :lol: You may be right who knows what the future holds. I would like think it would fit in the EA racing portfolio well as a more sim oriented racer. That way they could cover most of the racing audience
Start the game, go to the store and buy some loot boxes to get your start car. I can't wait..... :dunce:

But it seems like this franchise is dead.
It's been a bit quiet that's for sure. But perhaps they've eventually learned from past mistakes* and are keeping things that are in development under wraps, instead of tweeting/discording their plans as previously.
*Or perhaps the CM/EA ownership is having an effect.

There's nothing wrong with having lofty goals for your game but it might be best to keep them to yourself until it's ready for release.

For a "modern" game to of missed soo many marks they'd need to pull a miracle with PC4 to bring people back, Like what game in today's world has an aerodynamic upgrade and then have no visual change to the car....

On Wednesday I booted PC3 up and saw 18 people globally in total in online lobbies, a bit better than the 0 I saw a while back but yeah it's dead, only thing keeping it alive is rivals which can be boring after a while,

I just hope they actually deliver on what they say which could be why we don't hear anything so we don't get empty promises again,
But what do I know I'm a foul conservative apparently who doesn't drive a police car on the daily to know anything.

From the developer of PCars 3?

Getting such obvious problems passed by not just a QA department but literally anyone looking at the screen would see the problem..... In the Showroom the car is sat on a rotating platform. The name of the car is white. There's a white background when the platform positions the white light of the windows... Or the text on screen during a race in white/gray against any sort of sky at all... Hell there's no problem with the experience text. It contrasts. There is no excuse for it.

Shame really. It really is a fun game with the DS5. Almost as good as GTS for pad control.

It's been a bit quiet that's for sure. But perhaps they've eventually learned from past mistakes* and are keeping things that are in development under wraps, instead of tweeting/discording their plans as previously.
*Or perhaps the CM/EA ownership is having an effect.

There's nothing wrong with having lofty goals for your game but it might be best to keep them to yourself until it's ready for release.
And to be fair to Ian, while he does tend to go about things far more flamboyantly than most, he's not the only developer in the racing genre that's guilty of this (looking at you Kaz).

did we forget that codemasters had sms and ea had both? so dont expect a sim game.
Worst take that this thread can ever throw up. Whatever PC4 ends up being, it’ll get there all of SMS’ own creation, for better or for worse. Blaming CM and EA is just bitterness from PC1/2 fans looking for an easy excuse.

Worst take that this thread can ever throw up. Whatever PC4 ends up being, it’ll get there all of SMS’ own creation, for better or for worse. Blaming CM and EA is just bitterness from PC1/2 fans looking for an easy excuse.
pc 1 and 2 was a great effort to make sim racing resurrect in a more superior visuals, realistic tyre physics, all in one mototrsport and so on. but the time and wishes are nod good friends. time was never enough. so i have no excuse for being a pc1/2 fan. show me one example that ea made a harcore sim please.

show me one example that ea made a harcore sim please.
For now Codemasters has more control whether will pCARS 4 be a hardcore sim or not than EA, earlier this year EA did confirm that Codemasters will run as a indepent group with minimal interference from EA on what Codemaster makes or do to their IP.

Source: https://gamerant.com/codemasters-independent-ea-acquisition/

I do wonder who is still in SMS team, a good chunk of ex-Evolution left SMS after pCARS 3 and Andy Tudor that was creative director for previous games is now with EA Sports as senior creative director based on his twitter profile.

pc 1 and 2 was a great effort to make sim racing resurrect in a more superior visuals, realistic tyre physics, all in one mototrsport and so on. but the time and wishes are nod good friends. time was never enough. so i have no excuse for being a pc1/2 fan. show me one example that ea made a harcore sim please.
Oh the irony of not knowing your sim racing history.

SMS and all its titles are a direct legacy and result of Ian Bell's past work. Which not only includes working on two titles directly for EA (the Shift titles), but also the unquestionably hardcore sim title GTR 2002, which was a mod for a little title called F1 2002, published by (wait for it) EA.

Oh and F1 2002 was developed and built on the ISI engine, which is still used (with much development of course) for a few titles you may of heard of such as RFactor, RFactor 2 and the original Automobilista; and has been used to power eight different EA published titles.

Don't mistake those EA titles for the console versions of the same names, back then the PC versions ran on the ISI engine and the console versions ran on a variety of other engines and were quite, quite different titles.

Last edited:
For now Codemasters has more control whether will pCARS 4 be a hardcore sim or not than EA, earlier this year EA did confirm that Codemasters will run as a indepent group with minimal interference from EA on what Codemaster makes or do to their IP.

Source: https://gamerant.com/codemasters-independent-ea-acquisition/

I do wonder who is still in SMS team, a good chunk of ex-Evolution left SMS after pCARS 3 and Andy Tudor that was creative director for previous games is now with EA Sports as senior creative director based on his twitter profile.
And within that a majority of the SMS team including Ian Bell are still there and SMS as we understand are still in charge of making their own games.

I just hope they actually deliver on what they say which could be why we don't hear anything so we don't get empty promises again.
I was thinking this when I first heard of PCars 3. They are always quiet though, I don't understand their marketing strategies. Anyways, the social media presence has been better this game, but they also pushed away the sim racers. So know one is interacting with a old game on fb, twitter, etc.

Pretty sad if the franchise is done, but they did it to themselves.

I was thinking this when I first heard of PCars 3. They are always quiet though, I don't understand their marketing strategies. Anyways, the social media presence has been better this game, but they also pushed away the sim racers. So know one is interacting with a old game on fb, twitter, etc.

Pretty sad if the franchise is done, but they did it to themselves.
Some argue that the power of influencers on YT killed it… pretty laughable since the majority people who dislike it feel cheated out of their money from what was promised and what was delivered

Some argue that the power of influencers on YT killed it… pretty laughable since the majority people who dislike it feel cheated out of their money from what was promised and what was delivered
YT influencers definitely didn't help. I wasn't one of those people that bought it anyway. Soon as I saw the 1st gameplay video I waited for reviews. But yeah a lot of people bought it anyway.

Oh the irony of not knowing your sim racing history.

SMS and all its titles are a direct legacy and result of Ian Bell's past work. Which not only includes working on two titles directly for EA (the Shift titles), but also the unquestionably hardcore sim title GTR 2002, which was a mod for a little title called F1 2002, published by (wait for it) EA.

Oh and F1 2002 was developed and built on the ISI engine, which is still used (with much development of course) for a few titles you may of heard of such as RFactor, RFactor 2 and the original Automobilista; and has been used to power eight different EA published titles.

Don't mistake those EA titles for the console versions of the same names, back then the PC versions ran on the ISI engine and the console versions ran on a variety of other engines and were quite, quite different titles.
i already know sms from the gtr and gt legends days and modding days. i just know them. respect them. but not trust ea. that is all my point. no need to stretch the argument.

i already know sms from the gtr and gt legends days and modding days. i just know them. respect them. but not trust ea. that is all my point. no need to stretch the argument.
I've not stretched the point at all, you claimed EA had never made a hardcore Sim, something that's not true.

Latest Posts

Back