Project CARS 4 "Will Be The Most Realistic Simulation Ever Made"

There will be less Slightly Mad Shenanigans now I suppose. To some he's a controversial figure but his (over) enthusiasm always stirs up interest in his games. A proper character to have at the helm!

One thing is not clear though; is he stepping aside from Codemasters as well? I'd assume so but it's not certain, he could still have some input there.

IN what may be related, Project Cars GO has also been scrapped and will be removed form storefronts at the end of the month.

That's probably a good thing. I would hope maybe with Project Cars 4 we can get a proper sequel to PC2. Anyway that is my hope. I think I would like to see the livery editor come over from PC3 but everything else like career mode and pits tsopd and damage come over from PC2. Don't know if that will happen but I can wish

One thing is not clear though; is he stepping aside from Codemasters as well? I'd assume so but it's not certain, he could still have some input there.
Looks like he is stepping out of game industry if whats on his twitter bio now is correct:

4puZvJQ.png

It used to be CEO of SMS and excutive director of Codemasters written on it.

Was something that could be expected once Codemasters was buyed by EA.
Ian Bell doesn't like EA at all as he explained once with a bottle of wine in an Australian citizen streaming at Project cars 2 launch.:D

R.I.P Project C.A.R.S ..SMS should not have joined Codemasters in first instance.

Last edited:
Looks like he is stepping out of game industry if whats on his twitter bio now is correct:
Hmm, BPS registered, not accredited. I don't think that's quite the same thing? And anyone can call him/herself a phycologist. You never quite know with Ian, he could be messing with your head. Would you want him poking around in there!

And for SMS, the games studio itself? He does state "With the studio’s future now assured...", which sounds positive for further output, Pcars or otherwise. But again, you never quite know with Ian. That future could be something different.

Oh well, there's still a little hope left of AMS2 coming to the new consoles
I expect it'll be AMS3 that's released on the new consoles, and it will have gone all "Arcade". :P
(Good to see you around Mr G.)

Hmm, BPS registered, not accredited. I don't think that's quite the same thing? And anyone can call him/herself a phycologist. You never quite know with Ian, he could be messing with your head. Would you want him poking around in there!

And for SMS, the games studio itself? He does state "With the studio’s future now assured...", which sounds positive for further output, Pcars or otherwise. But again, you never quite know with Ian. That future could be something different.

I expect it'll be AMS3 that's released on the new consoles, and it will have gone all "Arcade". :P
(Good to see you around Mr G.)
I'm always here.... Lurking like a silent sasquatch :)

I would guess so too.

But this could be just one more twist in the wild ride the franchise has been known for so far.
Tbh they could just paint over the current/future state of AMS2 add a extra coat & call it PC4, hopefully without the EA undercoat.

At least it'll be half decent out the tin.

Sorry I'm in the middle of decorating the house :)

However they (Codemasters / EA) have got the Grid series. It wouldn't make much sense to have 2 competing titles so instead they might want to separate them into their "arcade" and "sim" games. A bit like Dirt and Rally.

Silent sasquatch @Mr Grumpy? Have you got big feet then? 😀

If there ever was to be another PC4 or something very similar. I believe that it would be good to have some predefined race events outside career mode. Similar to the ones in carrer mode, manufacture events, different race type events etc. Either that or allow players to unlock those events without actually starting a career race series. Meaning they could be unlocked in free mode or by doing online

For all those like me who always liked PC2 , it is time to play ams2 now. If all you wanted was PC2 but with better physics, then check how they've nailed it with 1.3 update.

ams2 might deserve its own forum now after this update btw. All I have found is this:

Last edited:
For all those like me who always liked PC2 , it is time to play ams2 now. If all you wanted was PC2 but with better physics, then check how they've nailed it with 1.3 update.

ams2 might deserve its own forum now after this update btw. All I have found is this:
I would agree, AMS2 is definetly recommended and worth a try at the very least. Like project cars there is still a learning curve, however the force feed back is better and in general phyics are better. I am still doing 75% PC2 and 25% AMS2 give or take. The vehicle roster for AMS2 is not anywhere close to PC2 as of yet. Several of the car classes also only have only a few car models and a few only have just one. I also find the in game liveries in general not that appealing for most of the vehicles. The visual effects that mimic, bumps in track surface etc. seem to be overdone. A few things that just recently noticed on AMS2 is use can adjust tire wear and fuel wear to have multipliers. The vocal spotter sounds does not work yet for in game, but I just noticed that you can change a setting where some spotter text will appear at bottom of screen.

Last edited:
They have fixed the spooky differential behaviour that plagued PC2 car handling. Now the diff won't open while coasting unless you have very low preload values, making the spin control smooth smooth, and the game way more fun than PC2 ever was.

This update has been a game changer for ams2 imo.

Content-wise, AMS2 is not what I played PCARS2 for. Currently, I am much better served by Forza Horizon 5, for all the gap in sim realism. Or working on GDSim.

If there's any hope for PCARS4, my interest will depend on it being quite different from AMS2.

I'm also not a fan of the car selection in ams2, and also paying for tracks I already had in pc2 as If they were new or something, but if all you wanted for your sim fix was PC2 but with very very improved physics, then you should go check ams2 after 1.3.

I'm also not a fan of the car selection in ams2, and also paying for tracks I already had in pc2 as If they were new or something, but if all you wanted for your sim fix was PC2 but with very very improved physics, then you should go check ams2 after 1.3.
I have had AMS2 since August 2020. I even have America race pack #1, but have not paid for any other download content. I do agree that phyiscs, AI, and graphics is better. Not sure about it being twice as good or anything like that. As you indicated car content is very lacking compared to PC2. The liveries and user enterface are not as good on AMS2. If you take away the less then 400 hp cars and all the formula cars then AMS2 is very lacking.

This weekend I changed my steering sensitivity setteings for PC2 and it is a world of difference almost like a new game. Can go fast through the corners and even push the edge without having to worry about sudden loss of traction. See my latest post in PC2 forum on comming from GT Sport. Having some of my best races ever.
The AI can be pretty bad, especially beginning of race, best to stay in back or do your best to get out of the way, as they will often times collide at the first corner. Other then that do not crowd the racing line to much and they do okay.

On AMS2, I have found edge or track and some curbs to be instant restarts. Going off track, mighth as well forget it, the grass is super slick.

I have had AMS2 since August 2020. I even have America race pack #1, but have not paid for any other download content. I do agree that phyiscs, AI, and graphics is better. Not sure about it being twice as good or anything like that. As you indicated car content is very lacking compared to PC2. The liveries and user enterface are not as good on AMS2. If you take away the less then 400 hp cars and all the formula cars then AMS2 is very lacking.

This weekend I changed my steering sensitivity setteings for PC2 and it is a world of difference almost like a new game. Can go fast through the corners and even push the edge without having to worry about sudden loss of traction. See my latest post in PC2 forum on comming from GT Sport. Having some of my best races ever.
The AI can be pretty bad, especially beginning of race, best to stay in back or do your best to get out of the way, as they will often times collide at the first corner. Other then that do not crowd the racing line to much and they do okay.

On AMS2, I have found edge or track and some curbs to be instant restarts. Going off track, mighth as well forget it, the grass is super slick.
"If you take away the less then 400 hp cars and all the formula cars then AMS2 is very lacking."

You have the formula cars from Schumacher/Alonso era now in am2 with that glorious v10-12 sounds lost to us in F1, and older formulas from the 80's and 90's too. That combined with the new physics and track selection pretty much makes ams2 the way to go so long you like the F1 cars from that era, and hate the new ones since 2015.

"On AMS2, I have found edge or track and some curbs to be instant restarts"

Curbs were, precisely, one of the problems with PC2. The were insta-killers 90% of the times. This was fixed in ams2 from the beginning.

Grass journeys in ams2 are pretty much improved too imo.

Weather was fixed too, specially going over puddles and all that stuff.

I have 988 hours played in pc2 and you can believe me. Not going back to playing it since ams2 1.3, as the differential fix has been paramount.

Cryptocurrency is a no thank you. Some pretty weird takes at the end. Sometimes I just wish he'd keep his mouth shut and not associate with a neo-Nazi who harassed a non-binary minor on Twitter for simply existing.

PC4 can't come soon enough.

Attachments

• attachment.png
    attachment.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 16
PC3 seems like a missed opportunity. It has a great car and track selection but they alienated the majority of their fan base and tried please more casual gamers and ended pleasing no one. I enjoy the game for what it is but it had so much potential to be great. Hopefully they will lean into their sim side again

Back