Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

Just bought this game and a few of the DLCs in anticipation for enjoying the 90s CART release on Friday.

My god. The 2000 F1 around circuits like classic Silverstone remind me of why I watch the series. It's just incredible to drive.
I just bought the 2020-2022 season pass yesterday. It's a lot of money and I'm a little concerned about the player participation level as well as developer longterm commitment but I took a leap of faith.

I just bought the 2020-2022 season pass yesterday. It's a lot of money and I'm a little concerned about the player participation level as well as developer longterm commitment but I took a leap of faith.
I felt the same way so I just stuck with the American Pack rather than commit all that money to the whole season pass. I'll probably buy all of them eventually but I know the American pack is something I'm interested in and the future content is definitely something I'm interested in too.

However, what I'm seeing is the game is at peak player levels so I can't imagine that will tail off anytime soon. Especially with content for about another year.

Last edited:
Reiza sure is doing their best to make sure the Season Pass is worth the rather high price of entry. 👍

Reiza sure is doing their best to make sure the Season Pass is worth the rather high price of entry. 👍
I got it in a sale and I can't disagree. Driving the 1998 Reynard Ford is just great around Cleveland. All I'm waiting on are a few skin/AI packs to bring it to full awesomeness.

Last edited:
Decided to give AMS2 a proper session after a few months of not doing to much with it.

I am impressed with the Glen track, looks really great. That alone might be enough for me to get another expansion pack or 2.

Last edited:
Porsche 935 2019 v1.0 mod released!

The very exclusive and track only Porsche 935 is now available for AMS2!

Mod link: Porsche 935

Porsche 935.png
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.11.02 - 12.28.48.93.png
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.12.12 - 00.18.07.75.png
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.12.16 - 22.56.34.31.png
Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.12.18 - 13.34.58.87.png

Last edited:
The diff fix in 1.3 is alone a reason to finally jumping in this game.

I've always liked PC2 despite knowing of its shortcomings. All I wanted was PC2 with better physics, which is what ams2 seems to have finally achieved with this update.

Last edited:
The diff fix in 1.3 is alone a reason to finally juming in this game.

I've always liked PC2 despite knowing about its shortcomings, and all I wanted was a PC2 with better physics, which is what ams2 seems to have finally achieved with this update.
Same here, I still hope that somone / team will port Porsche 935, 944GTP, 961 and Ferrari F40 competizione to AMS2 with proper sounds, ffb and physics

Same here, I still hope that somone / team will port Porsche 935, 944GTP, 961 and Ferrari F40 competizione to AMS2 with proper sounds, ffb and physics
Lets hope that sooner or later all PC2-PS3 content will finds its way to AMS2 :D I need to buy it but will wait for better package and pricing

Reiza modeled tunnels below the Cleveland track.

I love when developers do stuff like this, sure it's a waste of time, but easter eggs add character to the game.

Yeah this is crazy, I also really love this kind of stuff. And this is a precious place, allowing top speed test for cars, which is very cool for us modders (I am the author of the video above and of the Aston too)
I really hope they will implements other places like that!

Can someone tell me where to find the Dodge Viper mod after it's installed and activated by JSGME in AMS 2?:confused:

So far I've successfully installed and driven the 2018 and 2022 Porsche GT 3s, the Ferrari 430, the Alpine Cup, and the Porsche 935 but I can't find the Dodge Viper in the game even though JSGME tells me it's been activated. Theres an unusual @ found in the vehicles.lst entry for the Dodge but removing it didn't seem to help.

Also, I would appreciate it if someone can invite me to the AMS 2 mods Discord.:)

When you look in the CRD file, you can see that the Viper is in the Street B class. It should show up there. Maybe try to go through the process again. Make sure to uninstall bootfiles, make changes/add entries, add car, and then add bootfiles again.
1643135003234.png

The AMS2 mod discord is still a private group. There are things that are worked on in there that some don't feel comfortable being released into the public or shared around while Reiza is still fully working on AMS2. The mods that we have are already a continuous WIP due to Reiza always changing the parameters and physics goal posts so to say. It's a very small group of individuals in there.

When you look in the CRD file, you can see that the Viper is in the Street B class. It should show up there. Maybe try to go through the process again. Make sure to uninstall bootfiles, make changes/add entries, add car, and then add bootfiles again.
View attachment 1108231

The AMS2 mod discord is still a private group. There are things that are worked on in there that some don't feel comfortable being released into the public or shared around while Reiza is still fully working on AMS2. The mods that we have are already a continuous WIP due to Reiza always changing the parameters and physics goal posts so to say. It's a very small group of individuals in there.
Understood, no problem about the Discord. I figured that's the group it should be and its where the Ferrari and Porsches are.
I'll follow your suggestions and keep trying, thanks.

@Beezer215
So I unstalled all the mods (using JSGME) and tried installing only the Dodge and still no joy. Deactivated, then I tried installing all my mods including the Dodge, Lexus and Aston. The Dodge and Lexus did not appear in game and The Aston appeared but missing many parts from the model. Something unusual aboiut those mods is that JSGME created folders for them in the root Automobilista2 folder even though I had already placed their folders in the MODS folder as instructed. I'm including a couple of screen shots to illustrate the issue.
I'm not going to sweat it as I know these are still works in progress so to speak, but wanted to share this in case this is an undiscovered bug. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy the lovely mods that are working for me well.

Attachments

• AMS2 files 1.png
    AMS2 files 1.png
    46 KB · Views: 14
  • AMS2 files 2.png
    AMS2 files 2.png
    56 KB · Views: 13
OK, I see the issue. There's two tiers of folder and it's putting the car folder in your root folder. Those folders need to be in the MODS folders and then extracted. Sorry, this is where it gets confusing.
So what happened maybe was that you extracted the rar and then dragged that folder into the MODS folder?

Drag and drop from WinRAR those 3 cars folders into MODS folder. If you look in the "2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (V1.00)" folder, you can see that those 4 folders inside there need to distribute into the AMS2 root folder. In MODS folder you can only have one folder before it distributes to the root folder through JSGME. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
OK, I see the issue. There's two tiers of folder and it's putting the car folder in your root folder. Those folders need to be in the MODS folders and then extracted. Sorry, this is where it gets confusing.
So what happened maybe was that you extracted the rar and then dragged that folder into the MODS folder?

Drag and drop from WinRAR those 3 cars folders into MODS folder. If you look in the "2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 (V1.00)" folder, you can see that those 4 folders inside there need to distribute into the AMS2 root folder. In MODS folder you can only have one folder before it distributes to the root folder through JSGME. I hope this makes sense.
Yes, I extracted first then dragged into MODs.
You mean drag the compressed files into the MODS folder then extract them from there? Is that the process I should follow for all mods and not just these even though the others are working?

You just need one containing folder in MODS. That acts as the root folder of AMS2 for JSGME.
So when we look in the ONE Dodge Viper folder we see this:
1643145777335.png

You can't have another Dodge Viper SRT-10 (V1.00) inside of the first one or else you get what you have in your second picture.

Yes, I extracted first then dragged into MODs.
You mean drag the compressed files into the MODS folder then extract them from there? Is that the process I should follow for all mods and not just these even though the others are working?
You just need one containing folder in MODS. That acts as the root folder of AMS2 for JSGME.
So when we look in the ONE Dodge Viper folder we see this:
View attachment 1108270

You can't have another Dodge Viper SRT-10 (V1.00) inside of the first one or else you get what you have in your second picture.
Got it. Let me correct and see if that's the same issue with the Toyota and Lexus.
Many thanks!

Got it. Let me correct and see if that's the same issue with the Toyota and Lexus.
Many thanks!
Bingo, that was the issue, an extra layer of nested folders! I hope others can learn from my mistake, a mistake I won't repeat.
My love for AMS 2 has grown even larger now.

BTW, can you recommend a good FFB file for PCars 2?

Last edited:
I personally love the PopsRacer FFB myself for PC2. I'm on a DD2. It get's me enough of the weight transfer you need to feel what's happening. Knowing some of the parameters inside the file helps but right out of the box it's good.

Glad you got the mods working! 🙌

BTW, after all that the damn Viper crashes my install of the game when I attempt to drive it. Looks good in the showroom though, lol.
All the other mods are working fine for me though.

Please make sure this is your driveline entry, this is the right one. Sorry about that.

RECORD RWD_H-PATTERN_SYNCHRO_MEDIUM_MEDIUM_dodge_viper_srt10 l_driveline
name "dodge_viper_srt10"
contents RWD_H-PATTERN_SYNCHRO_MEDIUM_MEDIUM_ROAD_2_FLEX
dl:minhz 3000

Please make sure this is your driveline entry, this is the right one. Sorry about that.

RECORD RWD_H-PATTERN_SYNCHRO_MEDIUM_MEDIUM_dodge_viper_srt10 l_driveline
name "dodge_viper_srt10"
contents RWD_H-PATTERN_SYNCHRO_MEDIUM_MEDIUM_ROAD_2_FLEX
dl:minhz 3000
Yup, that did the trick. You da man!!!💪
Damn, these mods are fun to drive!🔥

Sorry about that. They will be updated with the new drivelines ASAP. 😬

EDIT: OK, actually in the "News" section there is a section with all new driveline entries. We are awaiting the January update here to see if there is once again any major physics updates that may break these cars. With testers in the Beta builds of AMS2, we get word sometimes that things are about to go down. LOL
Great for the game!!! Not so great for the modders. :D

Last edited:
Gonna get my t300 repaired this afternoon (micro-disconnections because of that **** fixed usb wire it comes with), and I'm gonna burn the hell out of ams2 again.

What was hilarious was about my t3pa pedals. The rj12 tab cracked, and it took me literally one month and a half to get those wierd RJ12 offset sent by China; yes, I had to order them to a chinese suplier, because they are so weird nobody has them. There was the option of a british dealer, but the shipping costs were comical, and they offered 50 units instead of 100.

Of course I had to go buy a special crimping tool as well, just because of the damn offset tab...

Anyway, ams2 here I come agaiiinn

Last edited:
Back