Project CARS car list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 2,347 comments
Yeah, I believe so. I think it's classed as one of the mid-level touring car classes (It makes sense if you see the documents). I would think you'd have weight penalties/restrictors to balance the cars out, I'm not sure.

Licencing can not be shared

ianbell
2 months ago
Yes we are, and we're using more assets from WOS in pCARS.
:).gif

10% of the tracks are shared at the moment. But WOS has enabled us to add many more licenses to pCARS and provided us with the funding profits required. pCARS has benefited immensely from WOS and vice versa.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...world-of-speed-has-not-held-back-project-cars

Yea for brands like Bentley, if the car/track is licenced for both games then yes you can use the same model, but you couldn't put the 500 Abarth in PCARS because of a WOS licence.

Also WOS is published by My.com, PCARS is WMD

Yea for brands like Bentley, if the car/track is licenced for both games then yes you can use the same model, but you couldn't put the 500 Abarth in PCARS because of a WOS licence

you don't know if they have fiat license for both games
from Ian's comment I can expect they have license for both games

Sharing licenses is not an absolute thing. Some can and have been shared, some won't be. It depends on the individual deal with the manufacturer in question.

I believe what they meant by "shared licenses" is that World of Speed allows them to leverage with manufacturers. Car companies see Video Games as advertising cars people can go out and buy (even if they're ludicrously priced, you can still feasibly buy them). As much as racing is a good form of advertising itself, a company like VW or Chevrolet would rather you drive a GTI or Camaro in the game over a Scirocco R N24 and Corvette C7.R.

Thus, making a game like Project CARS which is focused primarily on racing cars is difficult without also including road cars. I reckon Slightly Mad deveolped WoS as a package incentive to get the racing cars they wanted for pCARS, while putting the Street cars the manufacturers wanted into a game tailored to fit them. All while opening their portfolio to longer term success (so all of their eggs are not sitting in one proverbial basket).

Granted, if a manufacturer says "WoS and only WoS" or vice versa, then there's not much you can do. But I'd be damned if Slightly Mad isn't hard selling the two titles as a package licensing deal.

@DG_Silva Is there any news on the old Super BTCC Tourers? I see a few of them in the list but I haven't seen an update for a while. Any news on the Peugeot-license making it into PCars as well?

The list that is currently shown, how much is that list complete (in %) and is there a discussion of DLC / Add-ons?

I'm wondering which GT cars they're going to put alongside the LMP1 & 2 in endurance races, as I don't see any GTE cars in the list.

Back