Project CARS car list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 2,347 comments
Yep, for the hot hatches, cant remember right now whether Megane or A45.

Don't remember that at all.

And remember the FA sound everybody hated and that got changed (thankfully) against a lot of resistance by certain people in charge

Yeah, I remember that one. Since it was a fictional car, I suspect they didn't care if it was sounding a bit different than a real F1, but yeah it was really too different.

And even if not by the sound director, the mods and the cult followers will slang that excuse around everytime somebody dares to criique a car sound in pcars.

Well, to be fair people were like "that doesn't sound like the real car at all, listen to this 240p video where the camera is mounted on the rollcage and see". Unfortunately, it's kind of hard to give proper feedback on how a car should sound...

Or "It is a placeholder/WIP/cracked sound"

Well, most of them were placeholder or wip during the development, weren't they?

That cracks me up every time, as if the sound ever changed between those early gameplay vids and the released DLC

I don't remember a dev saying that a sound was wip or a placeholder and ended up leaving it as it is, it is us that assumed that based on the quality of the sound compared to other cars. There is no one to blame for that, except maybe the lack of communication on which sound were finished and which were not.

Just to clarify, with the last two I m not talking about the time during development, I m talking about videos of upcoming DLC that gets cracked as soon as the patches are downloaded. Like now with the Falcon, I bet that excuse is used for it as well. But anyway, moving on...

I've watched a few real life onboard Falcon videos and all I can hear is the whine.
Seems you can't hear the exhaust at all from inside the cockpit.

Just to clarify, with the last two I m not talking about the time during development, I m talking about videos of upcoming DLC that gets cracked as soon as the patches are downloaded. Like now with the Falcon, I bet that excuse is used for it as well. But anyway, moving on...
I'm not there or have i ever been there but it sounds like devs egos got in the way of reality

Not really, if anything its probably closest to the Volvo. But it barely sounds like a V8 at all...

This is exactly what I was thinking. The Volvo would be the closest to that sound, but still a fair way off. It actually sounds like the Aston Martin V8 Vantage sound with some weird 4 banger sound mixed into it lol.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The Volvo would be the closest to that sound, but still a fair way off. It actually sounds like the Aston Martin V8 Vantage sound with some weird 4 banger sound mixed into it lol.

And unfortunately the Volvo sounds pretty ordinary in real life... I'd be stoked if it sounded like the Erebus Mercedes, that thing sounded amazing! Shame they won't be racing this year...

Just about finished tuning my RS 0.1 and that thing is niiiiice. It's got a slightly strange 7-speed gearbox compared to the LMP cars and, as Casey stated, RS did a good job with the gearing as there's a good gear for any given corner you're attacking so it doesn't need any final drive tweaking or suchlike and happily lets you use all 7 gears without issue. Plus it looks badass.

It's probably going to be my go-to car for the near future, unless that incoming Falcon is good...

The falcon is great,

Though the tallest final drive gear is the correct numeral its short on speed to what the car can actually achieve, around 5-6km shy,

Can one of the PCARS devotees do me a small favour? Could you grab me the in-game model years for the StanceWorks cars and the RadBul? I'm trying to get a database together for most of the games that GTPlanet covers, and while the internet has provided the years for the cars I don't have access to in my vanilla game, those new ones elude me. Cheers!

:cheers:

I just saw the cars from the "Modified" pack (CTR SMS-R, Atom Mugen and Zonda Cinque) in the "Driveable ingame" list here. I know they were also avalable via pre-order, but... How about making a note that they're not included in the basic edition of the game?

Darn. I still might pick it up for XBONE. If I read correctly, there are 50 cars on track at one time. I'll have some of that.

Darn. I still might pick it up for XBONE. If I read correctly, there are 50 cars on track at one time. I'll have some of that.
45 is the maximum, but it varies on the track. So some tracks can only around 20 cars on track, while some can have the full 45.

Also Multiplayer is limited to 16 cars on track.

The falcon is great,

Though the tallest final drive gear is the correct numeral its short on speed to what the car can actually achieve, around 5-6km shy,
Won my first race in V8SC. The Falcon is fantastic to drive. Trailbraking, throttle-off turn in, brake modulation, smooth direction changes. The sounds are good enough for me.

I do wonder if a Commodore and/or Altima are in the works. :)

I know DLC is probably done but one thing that's lacking in the car list is a ~200 race car. Yes, we have the Formula Gulf 1000 but it's open wheel and side by side can get really nasty. We need a race car based on a street car, like the new Miata or something. The Gineta Junior is great but only 100HP. There are plenty from 300HP and up but between 100 and 300 it's quite spare.

Latest Posts

Back