Project CARS car list

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by FLX1981, Mar 19, 2014.

1. c172fccc

c172fccc

Don't remember that at all.

Yeah, I remember that one. Since it was a fictional car, I suspect they didn't care if it was sounding a bit different than a real F1, but yeah it was really too different.

Well, to be fair people were like "that doesn't sound like the real car at all, listen to this 240p video where the camera is mounted on the rollcage and see". Unfortunately, it's kind of hard to give proper feedback on how a car should sound...

Well, most of them were placeholder or wip during the development, weren't they?

I don't remember a dev saying that a sound was wip or a placeholder and ended up leaving it as it is, it is us that assumed that based on the quality of the sound compared to other cars. There is no one to blame for that, except maybe the lack of communication on which sound were finished and which were not.

2. FLX1981

FLX1981

Just to clarify, with the last two I m not talking about the time during development, I m talking about videos of upcoming DLC that gets cracked as soon as the patches are downloaded. Like now with the Falcon, I bet that excuse is used for it as well. But anyway, moving on...

3. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

After watching the YouTube video, I'm 100% sure they never recorded the FG Falcon

Mike_grpA and ukfan758 like this.
  4. Animera

Animera

I've watched a few real life onboard Falcon videos and all I can hear is the whine.
    Seems you can't hear the exhaust at all from inside the cockpit.

5. TDZdave

TDZdave

To be honest, the V8 noise sounds more like the Erebus Mercedes Benz V8 super car,

6. diesel97

diesel97

I'm not there or have i ever been there but it sounds like devs egos got in the way of reality

7. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Not really, if anything its probably closest to the Volvo. But it barely sounds like a V8 at all...

Mike_grpA likes this.
  8. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

This is exactly what I was thinking. The Volvo would be the closest to that sound, but still a fair way off. It actually sounds like the Aston Martin V8 Vantage sound with some weird 4 banger sound mixed into it lol.

CarreraGT likes this.
  9. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

And unfortunately the Volvo sounds pretty ordinary in real life... I'd be stoked if it sounded like the Erebus Mercedes, that thing sounded amazing! Shame they won't be racing this year...

Mike_grpA likes this.
  10. Mike_grpA

Mike_grpA

Yeah I was really disappointed when I found out they won't be racing Mercs this year.

11. bleeder

bleeder

Just about finished tuning my RS 0.1 and that thing is niiiiice. It's got a slightly strange 7-speed gearbox compared to the LMP cars and, as Casey stated, RS did a good job with the gearing as there's a good gear for any given corner you're attacking so it doesn't need any final drive tweaking or suchlike and happily lets you use all 7 gears without issue. Plus it looks badass.

It's probably going to be my go-to car for the near future, unless that incoming Falcon is good...

svenvangent likes this.
  12. TDZdave

TDZdave

The falcon is great,

Though the tallest final drive gear is the correct numeral its short on speed to what the car can actually achieve, around 5-6km shy,

ebelen92 likes this.
  13. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Can one of the PCARS devotees do me a small favour? Could you grab me the in-game model years for the StanceWorks cars and the RadBul? I'm trying to get a database together for most of the games that GTPlanet covers, and while the internet has provided the years for the cars I don't have access to in my vanilla game, those new ones elude me. Cheers!

:cheers:

14. FS7

FS7

BMW 1-Series - 2011
    BMW 2002 - 1973
    KTM X-Bow - 2015
    Mazda Radbul - 2015

SlipZtrEm likes this.
  15. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Excellent, thanks!

16. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

I just saw the cars from the "Modified" pack (CTR SMS-R, Atom Mugen and Zonda Cinque) in the "Driveable ingame" list here. I know they were also avalable via pre-order, but... How about making a note that they're not included in the basic edition of the game?

17. damadmoneyman

damadmoneyman (Banned)

lets get this in!!!

CarreraGT likes this.
  18. 05XR8

05XR8

I haven't bought the game. Question: Are the Primera BTCC and Datsun 510 in the game?

19. JR98

JR98 Premium

No to both.

20. 05XR8

05XR8

Darn. I still might pick it up for XBONE. If I read correctly, there are 50 cars on track at one time. I'll have some of that.

21. JR98

JR98 Premium

45 is the maximum, but it varies on the track. So some tracks can only around 20 cars on track, while some can have the full 45.

Also Multiplayer is limited to 16 cars on track.

05XR8 and JockeP22 like this.
  22. catamount39

catamount39

Even PC is only allowed a max of 45 (44 plus player). Both consoles have a max limit of different car models where as PC doesn't.

05XR8 likes this.
  23. ukfan758

ukfan758

I thought they had the 64 limit for the 64bit PCs.

24. catamount39

catamount39

It's 45 for everything IIRC. Heck no track could hold more than 45 aside from Le Mans and the VLN 24hr Nurburgring.

ukfan758 likes this.
  25. TexasTyme214

TexasTyme214

It was 64 (PC) during development, and they probably knocked it down for FPS, memory, and pit garage reasons.

ukfan758 likes this.
  26. Telstar

Telstar

You can have up to 56 cars on PC.

27. 05XR8

05XR8

Won my first race in V8SC. The Falcon is fantastic to drive. Trailbraking, throttle-off turn in, brake modulation, smooth direction changes. The sounds are good enough for me.

I do wonder if a Commodore and/or Altima are in the works. :)

Latin Avenger and TDZdave like this.
  28. jubeiiiii246

jubeiiiii246 (Banned)

WTf this game has no GT500 or GT300 where are the japanese cars theres barley any in this game!

29. catamount39

catamount39

GT3's are in GT300..... :p :lol:

ukfan758 and Overdrive003 like this.
  30. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

I know DLC is probably done but one thing that's lacking in the car list is a ~200 race car. Yes, we have the Formula Gulf 1000 but it's open wheel and side by side can get really nasty. We need a race car based on a street car, like the new Miata or something. The Gineta Junior is great but only 100HP. There are plenty from 300HP and up but between 100 and 300 it's quite spare.