Project CARS car list

• Thread starter FLX1981
  • 2,347 comments
Is it just me, or does opening the restrictor on the Aston Martin GTE do absolutely nothing?

They told me to open your window this seems to help with the GTE car .
Not the left because this has a bug but open only the right side .

I see, there is an outside??? I've not seen that in.... its so enticing.... oh wait! bugs there too! :grumpy:

12182678_550458915101410_6712102851319538363_o.jpg

12184975_550458911768077_5226382749439600436_o.jpg

Looks neat and all...seems a silly thing to do first though (we have a heap of GT3 cars...but many are missing...and we have a lot of Audis already). Detail looks okay.

The GT3 car list is quite dated already

Doesn't matter...we have an Audi R8 GT3 car. Just an odd choice to choose that to do. Heaps of other race cars in tons of series, not to mention numerous GT3 cars that we don't have...and they regurgitate a model because of some minor year changes.

Doesn't matter. It's an R8. An Audi. A GT3 car. Model changes be damned, it's not much to get excited about. It's obviously something one or more of the designers were excited about and wanted to make, but I see nothing to get excited about.

Doesn't matter. It's an R8. An Audi. A GT3 car. Model changes be damned, it's not much to get excited about. It's obviously something one or more of the designers were excited about and wanted to make, but I see nothing to get excited about.

I see a lot to get excited about this car and couldn't care less if they'd do nascar. All a matter of taste in the end

Can someone tell me the difference between the Toyota 86 and Toyota GT-86? To me they look and drive exactly the same. SMS just pulled a Gran Turismo on us with this DLC imo

I haven't found a difference between those either, is there maybe a difference in suspension setup?

Can someone tell me the difference between the Toyota 86 and Toyota GT-86? To me they look and drive exactly the same. SMS just pulled a Gran Turismo on us with this DLC imo

One of them is RHD.
The cars are distributed different in various countries.

Toyota 86: Japan
Toyota GT86: Europe
Scion FR-S: North America

I haven't found a difference between those either, is there maybe a difference in suspension setup?

Toyota 86 and GT86 have same spring rate front and rear, while the Scion FR-S has higher rear spring rate ( not much ). Subaru BRZ had different rate altogether ( stiffer on the front than 86 and FRS but rear is softer than FRS & slightly stiffer than 86 - mid range ) This for the real car.

What makes wonder is why the rocket bunny car do not use Greddy suspension kit :D and does it model the T620Z turbo kit with 2.1L stroker kit ?

Last edited:
Well, this is what Casey had to say about these cars in this thread:

Toyota GT86 / Toyota 86 / Scion FR-S - Gotta love these popular tuner cars. People tear them apart and measure every last thing we need to know to produce an accurate simulation model. Found useful shock dynos, ARB wheel rates, and spring rate info for stock and typical aftermarket, track setups. Put everything to stock by default; middle of the range on springs and dampers will match some popular Ohlins DFV units and typical track day springs/ARBs. Our reference car was laser scanned and could be used to get a good model of the rear suspension geometry. The FA20 is a nice engine, but there is a huge hole in the torque curve between 3500-5000rpm on all dyno plots; keep it between 5-7k for most fun. Added two popular final drive swaps as an option. Either one could be useful depending on the track and how you want to drive it. It really is as good to throw around a track as all the reviewers say. Just chuck it into every corner, floor the throttle and hold some angle through the apex. Awesome fun. I expect many of you will have some real world experience in the car to compare against, so it will be fun to see how you think it matches up.

Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny - In playing around with the Rocket Bunny bodykit, we thought it would be cool to see how the package worked as a GT4 car. Long story short, it’s great! We cut about 100kg of weight from stripping the interior, etc; figured the body kit could change the aero from 200lbf lift to 90lb downforce; put on our standard GT4 tires with 23/64-R18 and 25/65-R18 sizing (one size smaller than the Ginetta G55 GT4); boosted the engine with a Cosworth supercharger for 335hp; racing brakes similar to the G55 GT4, and some very basic suspension tuning to put it at a similar stiffness to other cars in the class. Runs right on the same pace as the others but in a very fun, slidey kind of way since the handling is so nimble and neutral. Might be the fastest of the bunch at many tracks in qualifying, but it can wear through the tires faster since you are pushing so much harder in the corners to maintain speed. It is a lot of fun.

Cool, I was talking about the 500HP FR-S Rocket Bunny which I think would have been based on Greddy car :) Should have made it clearer :( The T620Z turbo kit is good for 440+PS at the wheel.

There's GT4 GT86 car in real life, built by GPRM, and it's turbocharged at about 350-400PS, I made a replica of it long time ago in GT6.

Last edited:
Jumped online in a GT4 Aston Vantage at Laguna tonight. Bags of fun. Little bit of on power oversteer but felt really fun to drive. Weight of it means it is really well balanced and when tyres are warmed it's lovely. Ginetta probably has best handling but on straights the Aston just disappears.

I cant help but feel that the Aston Martin GTE lacks something compared to the GT3 cars, would have thought they would have balanced it closer to the GT2 M3?

I cant help but feel that the Aston Martin GTE lacks something compared to the GT3 cars, would have thought they would have balanced it closer to the GT2 M3?
I don't know all the nuances of the GT3 & GTE rules, but I'd figure the Aston GT3 would be different from the Aston GTE. I had wondered how they compared. Interesting.

Back