Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
I see an issue with the track map used on the HUD. From the looks of it, the dots representing drivers on the map are quite large and non-directional.
While this does show their rough location on-track, it doesn't show things such as whether they're on the left/right-hand side of the road or what direction they're facing.

In most cases this isn't an issue, but for those using Bumper View where the field of vision is limited (and reaction times are too slow to use the right stick to look around mid-corner) it's harder to spot exactly where other cars are in close vicinity and whether there's room for a pass. This is an issue that Forza Motorsport 4 had as well, essentially forcing league players to use an external view so that they don't inadvertently hit anyone.

I think GT6's system works best actually; it would be nice to see that in Project CARS if at all possible.

Mystery solved :lol:
kleenspeeda.jpg

umm.... right..

Hopefully they'll sort that out by launch time

Is it me or is that car floating a bit, i see tiny movements to the left and right the whole time on the straights. Reminds me of some of those undrivable cars in Shift 2.

I see an issue with the track map used on the HUD. From the looks of it, the dots representing drivers on the map are quite large and non-directional.
While this does show their rough location on-track, it doesn't show things such as whether they're on the left/right-hand side of the road or what direction they're facing.

In most cases this isn't an issue, but for those using Bumper View where the field of vision is limited (and reaction times are too slow to use the right stick to look around mid-corner) it's harder to spot exactly where other cars are in close vicinity and whether there's room for a pass. This is an issue that Forza Motorsport 4 had as well, essentially forcing league players to use an external view so that they don't inadvertently hit anyone.

I think GT6's system works best actually; it would be nice to see that in Project CARS if at all possible.
GT5 actually had the best system ever. Track map showing cars behind you and in front and scalable. I never had to use the mirrors. Copy/paste into every game and done.

GT5 actually had the best system ever. Track map showing cars behind you and in front and scalable. I never had to use the mirrors. Copy/paste into every game and done.
Yet, they reduced its functionality in GT6.
If the "Spotter" feature is up to snuff, there shouldn't be a need for a track map. In GT, without the track map, you have no idea what anyone else is doing (pit, crash, etc).

Yet, they reduced its functionality in GT6.
If the "Spotter" feature is up to snuff, there shouldn't be a need for a track map. In GT, without the track map, you have no idea what anyone else is doing (pit, crash, etc).
Like in a real race. As long as there is a map and it vaguely shows where the other cars are on track, I am fine. I'll only have the map, position, time and lap hud on PCars.

There still trying to get it right, its progressing in the right direction but the ai will never be like racing an actual person.

As much as I am waiting for this Game to come out, I think you guys are being way to nice, to me the AI looks horrendous, it looks like Bumper Cars and Blocking, that just is not like any real racing I have ever seen period!!!

Having raced the AI on several occasions, I can safely say they're miles better than what you'll encounter with real people in a public room. ;) Room for improvement: sure. But right now, it's a fair middle ground between GT6's braindead moving barriers and Shifts suicidal maniacs. :D The AI works fairly well and is decent, really. :)

Interesting article for you fellas: http://www.gamereactor.de/Vorschauen/218834/Project CARS/?rs=rss

Preview based on the latest PS4 press build, mentions 36 cars on track, also has some PS4 gameplay videos at the bottom.
This video says PS4 in the description and has 36 cars on track:

http://www.gamereactor.de/grtv/?id=211764&sid=d20bafec6fc9b92973be0bcd44580b68

Puts Gran Turismo to shame

Uh-oh:lol:

Last edited:
Actually, the number is track dependant, the devs just told me at WMD. It can go up as high as 45 cars on track. Yes, on the PS4. :D
The trick now is to make sure those 45 cars don't act like bumpercars and cause traffic jams everywhere. Hope SMS can tune that AI so it works like a charm come march 20th.

Oh boy, these previews are making me wanna buy a PS4 right naoww.
Still nothing about the Xbox version...it can't be that bad, right?

Issues with the AI and collision physics continue to surface and it's awfully close to release :nervous::guilty:
Its only on tight tracks at the start of the race once the grids spread out is far less noticeable. the issue with preview( based on my knowledge of how they're usually done) is the races may only be a few laps so they never experience a proper race. Of course this done so they can see a wider range of items in the game however a short sprint race in game is totally different to a 25 minute + sprint race.

note to everyone
This may sound odd as it someone from wmd saying it, but take the preview writeups with a pinch of salt. Having read through a few there a few errors in each one. some may also give the wrong idea such as saying you were driving a porsche rather than a ruf.while small having a porsche in the game means a lot more than a ruf.

There are also a few processes going on at the moment which will alter and address some of the comments made.

Last edited:
An interesting snip from Gamereactor's PS4 preview, in English (@fortbo @IMZ14U2NV):
http://www.gamereactor.de/Vorschauen/218834/Project+CARS/?rs=rss
...Naturally, you can fine-tune these presets to the point of absurd detail. This includes the ability to configure the HUD manually and move elements such as the telemetry, lap counter, or minimap between fixed points on the screen. Visual effects like lens flare or filters can be freely switched on and off. Anyone who wants to can create tuning setups for tire pressure and brake settings, and modify the force feedback for the steering wheel or controller in detail.
And this is good news. The author seems like someone who's played a racing sim or two:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/01/28/pushing-the-limits-with-project-cars/
Flitting from car to car, from LMP1 to BAC Mono, they all had to be dealt with differently and heated their tyres in different ways. Even with the most challenging handling model, these were all quite pleasingly accessible to drive with a gamepad. It’s much more of a simulation that what else is out there, that’s for sure, but I never felt the need to rely on the crutches of driving assists.

Back