Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Guys I'm at a loss here, what should I do?
1. Just preorder Project Cars for Xbox One, stop being worried = 70€ = 60fps? not sure
2. Buy a PS4 and get Pcars = 400€ + 70€ = 1080p 60fps guaranteed + GT7 in 2019 yay
3. Build a new pc that lasts for the next 4 years (i5, GTX970, SSD)= 900€ = play it on my good old G27

Number 2 man, why would you like a weaker console and weaker games:gtpflag:

ign-users-favorite-next-gen-gifs_8ce8.gif
:cheers:

4. Buy an ice-cream

I'd choose number 4.

Tried that, didn't work. :D
I know it's a stupid thing to ask in a forum. It's just worrying me that there was no Xbox gameplay footage lately.

Go with option 1, because SMS should be able to reach 60FPS on Xbox One. Not sure about the resolution, thought. Option 3 should be considered, if you don't have an wheel for consoles and you play on computer most of the time.
PS4 + project cars + an expensive wheel is an good option? He should be able to build an very good pc with that money.

PS4 + expensive Thrustmaster wheel, hmm not really...yeah as you said that would cover the pc build there.

This is a really good reason to get a ps4. Im personally getting it for that platform.

Well the Ps4 will become a must buy anyway when GT7 arrives, just a matter of time... Decisions, decisions.
Number 2 man, why would you like a weaker console and weaker games:gtpflag:

View attachment 300209 :cheers:

Haha yeah, sure #PS4MasterRace :lol:

I know it's a stupid thing to ask in a forum. It's just worrying me that there was no Xbox gameplay footage lately.

PS4 + expensive Thrustmaster wheel, hmm not really...yeah as you said that would cover the pc build there.

Well the Ps4 will become a must buy anyway when GT7 arrives, just a matter of time... Decisions, decisions.

Haha yeah, sure #PS4MasterRace :lol:

It's your money get what you want:cheers: but in my personal opinion, whenever I buy a product I always look for the company behind such product, customer service, reliability etc, etc, and remember Companies always strive for money, but how they go about business differs drastically. With all that in mind, you already know my answer:cheers:
Good luck.👍

Indeed. Why would he buy an weaker ps4 + wheel + project cars, if he can build an pc with that money which can run project cars at 4k. :P

My personal opinion was in regards to a console vs console. I didn't know pc's are consoles:odd:
So in terms of weakness, yeah it should be something like this:

1PC
2PS4
3XBONE
:sly:

Go for a PC, if you don't have an wheel for Xbox One already. I assumed you had one and then option 1 would be the cheapest option.
Remember when GT7 arrives in the upcoming years a price cut or an ps4 slim could be announced. I'm sure new wheels or wheel support will be announced in the meantime, too.

Last edited:
Guys I'm at a loss here, what should I do?
1. Just preorder Project Cars for Xbox One, stop being worried = 70€ = 60fps? not sure
2. Buy a PS4 and get Pcars = 400€ + 70€ = 1080p 60fps guaranteed + GT7 in 2019 yay
3. Build a new pc that lasts for the next 4 years (i5, GTX970, SSD)= 900€ = play it on my good old G27

Depends on whether you want to play with a wheel or not and how much money you want to spend in the long run. Like many others in this forum my itch is no longer scratched by GT and you might find the same thing when you find out what a sim is really like. I haven't driven PCars, but I have driven extensively in Assetto Corsa and I can tell you the experience of driving a car is light years ahead of GT with the same wheel and it's awfully hard to go back playing something that feels as if it's 10 years behind in development as far as immersion and overall feel goes.

So I was faced with the choice of new wheel + PS4 or pc + keep my almost new G27 and there was little cost difference between the two. PC + G27 won the battle handily and no balls were deflated in the process. :sly:

View attachment 300230
:rolleyes: I don't think he wants to play those, he said he's waiting forGT7:bowdown:

I think GT and FM are good franchises, both have their pros and cons:cheers:

Go for a PC, if you don't have an wheel for Xbox One already. I assumed you had one and then option 1 would be the cheapest option. Remember when GT7 arrives in 2015+ a price cut or an ps4 slim could be real. I'm sure new wheels or wheel support will be announced in the meantime, too.

That's it, I'll go with the Xbox version for now, I can always get the steam version later once I have a new pc.
Ps4 slim + GT bundle sounds like a plan. ^^

I have driven extensively in Assetto Corsa and I can tell you the experience of driving a car is light years ahead of GT with the same wheel and it's awfully hard to go back playing something that feels as if it's 10 years behind in development as far as immersion and overall feel goes. :sly:

Assetto Corsa is definitely fun with the G27, it's the only pc sim I have right now. Great road feel, immersion, sound.
GT has been a let down lately, I agree. But I have a feeling GT7 could become something amazing.

Last edited:
If you dont want to spend lots on a pc for just over a £100-£120 (buying dependant) more than a ps4 bundle you can build a decent amd build that will run project cars at 60 with high settings

Last edited:
If you dont want to spend lots on a pc for just over a £100-£120 (buying dependant) more than a ps4 bundle you can build a decent amd build that will run project cars at 60 with high settings

I thought Pcars is better optimized for Intel/nvidia?

I thought Pcars is better optimized for Intel/nvidia?

Speaking of graphics, how are the AMD cards pulling?
While yes it runs better on intel nividia if you can't justify 700 + on your first computer buy something cheaper see if you like it. I did that and now I'm planning a intel build. In terms of performance I can get 45-60 on most games with my 270x and the fx 6350 ( I think that's what mine called) it a good way to see if you like the PC platform

Aaand the anti XB1 pro PS4 train starts back up again :rolleyes:

Both versions are identical as far as PCARS goes, guys.

Only difference is the XB1 has that hardly noticeable green tint on and the PS4 has that hardly noticeable blue tint.
Are both 1080p/60fps?....:odd:
If that's the case then that's a nice achievement for the xbone and its fans:cheers:

Last edited:
While yes it runs better on intel nividia if you can't justify 700 + on your first computer buy something cheaper see if you like it. I did that and now I'm planning a intel build. In terms of performance I can get 45-60 on most games with my 270x and the fx 6350 ( I think that's what mine called) it a good way to see if you like the PC platform
Is it the AMD CPU's that are the issue or the GPU's? I was under the impression it was the graphics cards that were less optimized. If that's the case maybe an AMD CPU + NVidia GPU to save a few bucks?

Man, it looks so good on PS4. Watched the videos by Team VVV and they look so gorgeous. That Monaco one... just wow. I can't wait any longer!

So I was faced with the choice of new wheel + PS4 or pc + keep my almost new G27 and there was little cost difference between the two. PC + G27 won the battle handily and no balls were deflated in the process. :sly:

I see what you did there. ;)

the point is that someone might want to play with wheel and doesn't care about 300€.

The only thing i can't see here is the point of your post. If you are fine with the controller good for you, that doesn't make improper the choice of going for a wheel.

Ok I don't see why your coming off to me like that. It seems like your putting out everyone must own a wheel or they can't play project cars. You do realise not everyone who gets project cars will be using a wheel and the rest will be using a controller. Not many people are willing to spend that much on a wheel. The hardcore sim community is big then there will be people who might want to try it out and have a bit of fun here and there. and I also said I would get a wheel at a later date when the price comes down.

Back