Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Hate to sound like a broken record but criminal the wheel situation that will prevent some of us from enjoying this.

Have they even announced the wii u release date yet?

Nope, that's still TBA as well as a date for the SteamOS/Linux version.
I wouldn't hold my breath until the end of March for it either. After launch the team will have to be on standby to fix any remaining bugs in the PC, PS4 and XB1 versions as quickly as possible. Only after that has quieted down a bit can the human resources be put onto other gaming platforms and DLC. As well as any new features and bits that the entire team would have wanted in the release but couldn't be put in due to time constraints.

So in short, even after launch the team won't sit on their bottoms and rake in the money. They will be hard at work making pCARS a better experience and bring it to others as soon as they can.

Can someone who has access to the game shed some light on the chase cam? I've seen some videos on these forums were people use mod tools to make very nice chase cams, but is there any in game setting so that console players will have the same freedom?

Personally I don't like the chase cam I've seen in most videos of Project CARS because it appears to rotate around the car wrather than being fixed to the rear of the car like it is in gt6.

Can someone who has access to the game shed some light on the chase cam? I've seen some videos on these forums were people use mod tools to make very nice chase cams, but is there any in game setting so that console players will have the same freedom?

Personally I don't like the chase cam I've seen in most videos of Project CARS because it appears to rotate around the car wrather than being fixed to the rear of the car like it is in gt6.
Like with the seaying postion you can adjust the chase cam. While I don't use often. I would reconmend that with the adjustable camera options you all try the in car cam. As it's a new racing game on the new sytem. Just make sure you adjust your fov and seating postion to your liking. to prevent simulation sickness.

Ok, just making sure there is no false assumptions left alive here, as it was yaw adjustment that was asked for and you kinda implied it would be possible.

An interesting snip from Gamereactor's PS4 preview, in English (@fortbo @IMZ14U2NV):

...Naturally, you can fine-tune these presets to the point of absurd detail. This includes the ability to configure the HUD manually and move elements such as the telemetry, lap counter, or minimap between fixed points on the screen. Visual effects like lens flare or filters can be freely switched on and off. Anyone who wants to can create tuning setups for tire pressure and brake settings, and modify the force feedback for the steering wheel or controller in detail.

I hope we get to force settings like lens flare & in car view in the rain etc to on in online rooms. Otherwise, most people will be turning them off to get an advantage & the realism will start to suffer.

👍

As long as the Wii U version gets a release date that comes before 2052 I will be happy. As soon as a solid release date is established for the U version, I will also buy the PS4 game. Until then however, I will not be getting any version of pCARS.

I really can't see a point now spending nearly double the price on what a ps4 cost for a racing wheel. I know this is a simulator but I'm sure it should be fine using a controller until there is a wider wheel selection and cheaper.

I really can't see a point now spending nearly double the price on what a ps4 cost for a racing wheel. I know this is a simulator but I'm sure it should be fine using a controller until there is a wider wheel selection and cheaper.
Do not be at all surprised when the wheel selection for PS4 includes all the PS3 choices plus a few more when GT7 comes out.

Do not be at all surprised when the wheel selection for PS4 includes all the PS3 choices plus a few more when GT7 comes out.
So we'll know for sure somewhere in 2016 :banghead:.... Thanks Kaz!
Also if pigs start flying and it does all of sudden seem that our current wheels work, will devs adjust their games retro actively so they are compatible?

I don't think this will ever happen and if it will happen it will be in the very long term in my opinion, creating also issues with older game not having proper support.

However personally (and i can see many here) I can't even wait for March release.. no wonder 2 or 3 years considering this year also f1 2015 and rally evo. We don't even have a hint about GT7 (they still have to complete GT6), moreover GT already signed a partnership with Thurstmaster releasing a branded t500, surely won't be the one pushing for logitech wheels having as a partner TM.

the point is that someone might want to play with wheel and doesn't care about 300€.

The only thing i can't see here is the point of your post. If you are fine with the controller good for you, that doesn't make improper the choice of going for a wheel.

You can't adjust the yaw behavior atm.
It seems like your hinting this is being worked on or may be adjustable in the future? I've seen what you do with that PC mod program and the views look amazing.

Also I wouldn't plan on any company other than Thrustmaster making PS4 wheels for a long time. It's more up to Sony wrather than developers on the wheel selection and Thrustmaster has Sony in their back pocket right now.

Last edited:
Well it's crunch time now @ WMD so I stopped nagging about the chase view some time ago but once the heat has slowed down a bit I'm sure we'll get back to the discussions about the chase cam options. But I'm very confident we'll see this at some point. Not at release for pcars1 for sure but some day for sure (be it pcars 1 or 2). It's just kinda low priority atm.

BUT the great thing about SMS and WMD and pCARS is that they actually do want to do everything we could hope for, but just now there just is not time for everything. BUT they DO listen and when there is time for it, will implement almost anything that the users want with big demand. So, be vocal about the things you'd like to see (in a friendly manner please - it helps your cause). It is a pleasure to finally have a SIM developer with free hands.. just not enough hours in the day. But this is just a start.. always remember that.

And btw, GTPlanet is being monitored very closely at least by the WMD community and we have been passing your thoughts to the dev forum for a long time already. ;)

As an example, this is how the current chase view ended up in the game (I believe the settings are still the same I did..), I posted vids for some various forums and gathered the feedback. When I had a mile long list of positive comments I posted them @ WMD and voila Casey (vehicle lead) put the numbers in. :D There's some WMD mechanics for ya all :)

edit, thanks for the compliment about the "modding" I've done for the cams.. any examples of what you liked? (just personally interested)

Guys I'm at a loss here, what should I do?
1. Just preorder Project Cars for Xbox One, stop being worried = 70€ = 60fps? not sure
2. Buy a PS4 and get Pcars = 400€ + 70€ = 1080p 60fps guaranteed + GT7 in 2019 yay
3. Build a new pc that lasts for the next 4 years (i5, GTX970, SSD)= 900€ = play it on my good old G27

1. Just preorder Project Cars for Xbox One, stop being worried = 70€ = 60fps? not sure
2. Buy a PS4 and get Pcars = 400€ + 70€ = 1080p 60fps guaranteed + GT7 in 2019 yay
3. Build a new pc that lasts for the next 4 years (i5, GTX970, SSD)= 900€ = play it on my good old G27
This is a really good reason to get a ps4. Im personally getting it for that platform.

Go with option 1, because SMS should be able to reach 60FPS on Xbox One. Not sure about the resolution, thought. Option 3 should be considered, if you don't have an wheel for consoles and you play on computer most of the time.
This is a really good reason to get a ps4. Im personally getting it for that platform.
PS4 + project cars + an expensive wheel is an good option? He should be able to build an very good pc with that money.

Last edited:
4. Buy an ice-cream

I'd choose number 4.

Honestly there are so many posts and threads about this same question, and only you are the person who can answer it. It's your money and your experience after all nobody else knows your priorities.

Go with option 1, because SMS should be able to reach 60FPS on Xbox One. Not sure about the resolution, thought. Option 3 should be considered, if you don't have an wheel already for consoles and play many games on computer.
PS4 + project cars + an expensive wheel is an good option? He should be able to build an very good pc with that money.
Ah. Missed that option. Yes 3.

@Timppaq -- I would love to be on board with WMD next time. Like I've mentioned, I made a forum account and considered buying in, but I knew I wouldn't have a viable PC to run the game anytime soon.

Taking the time to represent us in the forums is generous of you all, and you guys are doing a great job. For months there's been more buzz and interesting stuff going on here than in other subforums for games the rest of us can actually play ourselves. :lol: :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back