Project cars DLC

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by SK8RBOI, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

What a weak way to end it if so.

bleeder likes this.
  2. Spooky Wooky

Spooky Wooky (Banned)

Sad and weak indeed, but I have been very happy with the content and price of all DLC for Project CARS. I'm more disappointed in the DLC we DIDN'T get.

ykiki and ukfan758 like this.
  3. TexasTyme214

TexasTyme214

4. catamount39

catamount39

5. Zakspeed_TV

Zakspeed_TV

6. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Am I the only one who's actually a fan of this DLC? I am stoked to have the Huayra BC, definitely one of the most exciting cars to have been released in recent months.

And the combined Nurburgring layout will be great for touring car and GT races

7. TDZdave

TDZdave

I guess there's no free car this month?

8. JR98

JR98 Premium

I believe the AMG GT3 was the last free car.

9. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Seriously, try my setup

It's the best handling game I've used on a controller but only after tweaking the setup like this. I also use a wheel and find I can swap between the two with no problem driving in cockpit mode. Hope it improves things for you. On controller I find it head and shoulders above Gran Turismo or Forza and as good as anything on PC. I had to work at it which was a pain. It now works really well for all cars from an Audi A1 to Formula A. The Lotus Turbo F1 car is still insane but then it should be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ian Bell admits that the default controller setup should have been much better optimised and that will happen on Project Cars 2. However it's still worth persevering with Project Cars 1.

10. catamount39

catamount39

I've downloaded these pics and will give it a shot. :tup: (tomorrow because I fell asleep after doing a sprint race lol :lol: )

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  11. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

It's not confirmed to be the last DLC. They are considering their options. What Ian said was IF something else is released then it might be only every few months. I guess if people are still playing then it will be worth them releasing more content up to a point.

I think updates will be less often now. They found the schedule of releasing new content every month quite demanding and we possibly won't see that level of DLC release frequency in Project Cars 2.

Another comment he made the other day was that Project Cars 1 patches from now on won't necessarily be monthly. They'll come out as stuff is fixed and more thoroughly tested.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Elitekilla29 likes this.
  12. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Wow that's interesting. He said this on the pcars forums? If so can you link me to the thread and page where he said that?

13. c172fccc

c172fccc

14. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Elitekilla29 likes this.
  15. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Thanks man. It seem like they are really learning from their mistakes from pcars1. I'm glad that they are putting it out there to so people can know that they are learning not to make the same mistakes like before with pcars 1. Good on them.

16. catamount39

catamount39

Please give us another Group C and Custom Championship. ;_;

@JohnScoonsBeard I tried the setup you gave for the DS4...HOLY ****! :drool: It's perfect! The controls are amazing now! :D Many thanks!

17. CHEN255

CHEN255

I'm going to try this set up too! I already have one but this might be even better! Thanks @JohnScoonsBear

JohnScoonsBeard and catamount39 like this.
  18. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

You're welcome. It's taken a while to get to that stage but if SMS had made the default setup like that I think they might have avoided a lot of teeth gnashing for many.

I'm sure there will be some who prefer other settings but for me it works.

OooAhh Cantona and catamount39 like this.
  19. OooAhh Cantona

OooAhh Cantona

Thanks for sharing, JSB! And for taking the time to test. (I haven't touched these settings since the first two weeks after game release.) The braking is spot on for me! :cheers: Tested these settings at Monaco GP with Formula A and Audi R18 etron. Wonderful control under heavy braking! Even with lockup!

My personal adjustment was minimal decrease on Steering Sensitivity and Throttle Sensitivity.

20. Telstar

Telstar

Question to those who bought the Nürburgring Nordschleife DLC: Can you skip the Nordschleife at the end of the GP track to so don't have to drive round the entire circuit when, let's say, you are starting your qualifying lap?

21. FS7

FS7

No, you have to drive through the entire combined layout during the outlap.

Telstar likes this.
  22. ukfan758

ukfan758

Nope, it's walled up.

Telstar likes this.
  23. Telstar

Telstar

Hmm, that's a letdown for me, to be honest. Especially when the devs of R3E managed to pull it off.

24. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

They said in the description in this pic saying they got some exciting announcements coming up this week.

Still hoping for Daytona and Indy:D
    That's if it's DLC related announcements.

25. ukfan758

ukfan758

***Pure Speculation Below***
    Could that be Indianapolis?
    image.jpeg
    The yellow line is present on the grid on both photos. Is that common for all circuits?

26. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

I gotta check. I think not.

Edit: I don't think no other track does have that besides Indy. You probably right.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  27. c172fccc

c172fccc

ukfan758 likes this.
  28. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

ukfan758 likes this.
  29. TheElbows

TheElbows

And those lines do exist on a whole load of other tracks -they're predominantly there for open-wheel drivers in very low cars so they can have some visual reference of where their car is when lining up (from what I've been told?).

Assuming Project CARS 2 doesn't release in 8-10 months, simply put they'll have to release DLC. Like many other people I was pretty upset with the last DLC ("weak...sauce"). I'd like to see a DLC every couple of months if possible. We shall see.

30. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

If that's true how about my GOTY edition with all dlc included :irked:

Still very happy with it ;)