Project cars DLC

• Thread starter SK8RBOI
  • 6,095 comments
Why.jpg

PCARS isn't good with controls either though. With DS4 there's a constant fight to keep the blasted thing in a straight line, some cars better than others. Pad handling is more important in my mind since having a wheel is impossible for me, money and space wise.

However, that statement on DC's handling is inaccurate. It's not that arcadey, not at all. It does lean towards arcade over sim, but they optimised it for pads which is a blessing.

Seriously, try my setup

It's the best handling game I've used on a controller but only after tweaking the setup like this. I also use a wheel and find I can swap between the two with no problem driving in cockpit mode. Hope it improves things for you. On controller I find it head and shoulders above Gran Turismo or Forza and as good as anything on PC. I had to work at it which was a pain. It now works really well for all cars from an Audi A1 to Formula A. The Lotus Turbo F1 car is still insane but then it should be.

13131494_879655232156950_7307872791198499491_o.jpg

13116018_880617852060688_6286648009205642122_o.jpg

Ian Bell admits that the default controller setup should have been much better optimised and that will happen on Project Cars 2. However it's still worth persevering with Project Cars 1.

Seriously, try my setup

It's the best handling game I've used on a controller but only after tweaking the setup like this. I also use a wheel and find I can swap between the two with no problem driving in cockpit mode. Hope it improves things for you. On controller I find it head and shoulders above Gran Turismo or Forza and as good as anything on PC. I had to work at it which was a pain. It now works really well for all cars from an Audi A1 to Formula A. The Lotus Turbo F1 car is still insane but then it should be.

13131494_879655232156950_7307872791198499491_o.jpg

13116018_880617852060688_6286648009205642122_o.jpg

Ian Bell admits that the default controller setup should have been much better optimised and that will happen on Project Cars 2. However it's still worth persevering with Project Cars 1.
I've downloaded these pics and will give it a shot. 👍 (tomorrow because I fell asleep after doing a sprint race lol :lol: )

Sadly it is indeed the end, apart from the ridge racer liveries possibly.

It's not confirmed to be the last DLC. They are considering their options. What Ian said was IF something else is released then it might be only every few months. I guess if people are still playing then it will be worth them releasing more content up to a point.

I think updates will be less often now. They found the schedule of releasing new content every month quite demanding and we possibly won't see that level of DLC release frequency in Project Cars 2.

Another comment he made the other day was that Project Cars 1 patches from now on won't necessarily be monthly. They'll come out as stuff is fixed and more thoroughly tested.

Last edited:
It's not confirmed to be the last DLC. They are considering their options. What Ian said was IF something else is released then it might be only every few months. I guess if people are still playing then it will be worth them releasing more content up to a point.

I think updates will be less often now. They found the schedule of releasing new content every month quite demanding and we possibly won't see that level of DLC release frequency in Project Cars 2.

Another comment he made the other day was that Project Cars 1 patches from now on won't necessarily be monthly. They'll come out as stuff is fixed and more thoroughly tested.

Wow that's interesting. He said this on the pcars forums? If so can you link me to the thread and page where he said that?

Thanks man. It seem like they are really learning from their mistakes from pcars1. I'm glad that they are putting it out there to so people can know that they are learning not to make the same mistakes like before with pcars 1. Good on them.

Please give us another Group C and Custom Championship. ;_;

@JohnScoonsBeard I tried the setup you gave for the DS4...HOLY ****! :drool: It's perfect! The controls are amazing now! :D Many thanks!

I'm going to try this set up too! I already have one but this might be even better! Thanks @JohnScoonsBear

You're welcome. It's taken a while to get to that stage but if SMS had made the default setup like that I think they might have avoided a lot of teeth gnashing for many.

I'm sure there will be some who prefer other settings but for me it works.

You're welcome. It's taken a while to get to that stage but if SMS had made the default setup like that I think they might have avoided a lot of teeth gnashing for many.

I'm sure there will be some who prefer other settings but for me it works.
Thanks for sharing, JSB! And for taking the time to test. (I haven't touched these settings since the first two weeks after game release.) The braking is spot on for me! :cheers: Tested these settings at Monaco GP with Formula A and Audi R18 etron. Wonderful control under heavy braking! Even with lockup!

My personal adjustment was minimal decrease on Steering Sensitivity and Throttle Sensitivity.

Question to those who bought the Nürburgring Nordschleife DLC: Can you skip the Nordschleife at the end of the GP track to so don't have to drive round the entire circuit when, let's say, you are starting your qualifying lap?

Question to those who bought the Nürburgring Nordschleife DLC: Can you skip the Nordschleife at the end of the GP track to so don't have to drive round the entire circuit when, let's say, you are starting your qualifying lap?
No, you have to drive through the entire combined layout during the outlap.

Nope, it's walled up.

They said in the description in this pic saying they got some exciting announcements coming up this week.

Still hoping for Daytona and Indy:D
That's if it's DLC related announcements.

They said in the description in this pic saying they got some exciting announcements coming up this week.

Still hoping for Daytona and Indy:D
That's if it's DLC related announcements.

***Pure Speculation Below***
Could that be Indianapolis?
image.jpeg

The yellow line is present on the grid on both photos. Is that common for all circuits?

And those lines do exist on a whole load of other tracks -they're predominantly there for open-wheel drivers in very low cars so they can have some visual reference of where their car is when lining up (from what I've been told?).

Assuming Project CARS 2 doesn't release in 8-10 months, simply put they'll have to release DLC. Like many other people I was pretty upset with the last DLC ("weak...sauce"). I'd like to see a DLC every couple of months if possible. We shall see.

Back