Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
That you shouldn't base your assumptions on what every other game does
?????? This is a season pass. Of course, I can't say anything of the game for sure that I don't know of, but expecting a season pass on all platforms is a pretty safe presumption.

Well, I have a question: in the latest news SMS announced a rating system for online drivers, with data about accidents, results, etc... very good (really, very very good), but will SMS make some kind of "seasonals"? I'm thinking in something like a weekly race with determined condicions such as car, weather, etc... to play online, or maybe something like championship organized by points and classifications. It can be a great way to give more value to this rating system.

Well, I have a question: in the latest news SMS announced a rating system for online drivers, with data about accidents, results, etc... very good (really, very very good), but will SMS make some kind of "seasonals"? I'm thinking in something like a weekly race with determined condicions such as car, weather, etc... to play online, or maybe something like championship organized by points and classifications. It can be a great way to give more value to this rating system.

THE DRIVER NETWORK
The Driver Network allows players to connect, compete and share their Project CARS experience. Face off against each other by comparing stats, track your career progress, and share your highlights. Build up your Affinity with certain motorsports, and strive to retain strong Performance and Reputation ratings. Then challenge your friends and the worldwide community in asynchronous Time Trial challenges with downloadable Ghosts, or compete in a regularly-updated season of special community events - sometimes even for real-world prizes!

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/game-info.html

Awww how exciting, less than 2 weeks to go now..... The game looks fantastic!! On a side note just been looking at the Codemasters F1 forum, and the poor devils there starting to complain about no information or gameplay footage still not being shown (like every year lol). Just goes to show how lucky we are with PCARS and all the info that is available to see, and 1000's of videos to enjoy! The funny thing about the F1 forum is more and more members there are starting to talk about PCARs now than the F1 game, a real kick in the teeth for Codemasters, although it's their fault for bad promotion! And seeing that the Formula A catogory alone in PCARS has more than a whole F1 game put together, i'm not surprised they're talking!

Long live PCARs!!!!:cheers:
Now some of the die-hard Codie's fanboys are getting butt hurt with all of the talk and comparing of half-assed F1 2015 to Project Cars:
image.jpg

I had to reply to the absurd statement.

I'm just wondering how long are the championships for the top 2-3 tiers?
So far from the video's I've seen on youtube, it's only 3-5 rounds for the bottom 2-3 tiers.
Does the number of rounds increase the higher the tier you enter?
I would like Formula A to be around 20 rounds, instead of 5 rounds.

Ah sweet! anything close to 20 rounds for Formula A would be awesome!
Another question...Does all championship rounds contain 2 races?
I much prefer endurance, formula A and LMP1 championships to have only 1 race per round.

I'm just wondering how long are the championships for the top 2-3 tiers?
So far from the video's I've seen on youtube, it's only 3-5 rounds for the bottom 2-3 tiers.
Does the number of rounds increase the higher the tier you enter?
I would like Formula A to be around 20 rounds, instead of 5 rounds.

Hahaha poor buggers!!! I was thinking of getting F1 2015 as well as PCARs before, but not now! PCARs all the way for me :D

But that forum is terrible... It's full of Codies fanboys, and if you make a critical comment about the game they call you a troll and report you so you get banned from the forum...... I think there are members of Codies staff on that forum disguised as normal members, they just can't accept criticism of any kind, it's almost laughable!!:lol:

Last edited:
There's no debating that 60fps is superior, but a buttery-smooth 30fps game can look
better than a "60fps" game that's all over the place
For sure. I'd much rather have a guaranteed, locked 30fps than something between 45-60fps
dependant on what's going on

Now some of the die-hard Codie's fanboys are getting butt hurt with all of the talk and comparing of half-assed F1 2015 to Project Cars:
View attachment 354539
I had to reply to the absurd statement.
He's got a point, though. Formula A is a nice addition to the game but nowhere nere immersive enough to satisfy the needs of F1 fans (the racing series, not the Codie game). It's a single make series, after all, which totally eliminates one of the major exitements of F1: having different cars with different strenghts and weaknesses, depending on track and conditions.

He's got a point, though. Formula A is a nice addition to the game but nowhere nere immersive enough to satisfy the needs of F1 fans (the racing series, not the Codie game). It's a single make series, after all, which totally eliminates one of the major exitements of F1: having different cars with different strenghts and weaknesses, depending on track and conditions.

The games have a different approach. I'll do a career ending in Formula A in pcars and I will buy the new F1 game. The F1 game may be more simcade, but I really like to drive the actual Ferrari. As long as the AI doesn't get worse, it will also be good fun.

The games have a different approach. I'll do a career ending in Formula A in pcars and I will buy the new F1 game. The F1 game may be more simcade, but I really like to drive the actual Ferrari. As long as the AI doesn't get worse, it will also be good fun.

Same here... I've already decided to drive a McLaren-Honda in F1 2015, so don't really if I do it as myself, or either Button or Alonso...

Looks like you can't create your own driver anymore. :(

Looks like you can't create your own driver anymore. :(

I'd rather not create my own driver in a game like that. Means kicking out a real driver and then it wouldn't be as authentic. I remember the last f1 game I played (2013?). I signed for force India and ended up taking Paul Di Resta's seat. I liked Di Resta :nervous:

Back