Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
The games have a different approach. I'll do a career ending in Formula A in pcars and I will buy the new F1 game. The F1 game may be more simcade, but I really like to drive the actual Ferrari. As long as the AI doesn't get worse, it will also be good fun.

Same here, haven't played an F1 game since about 2011 I think. Looking forward to the pcars interpretation of it too.

I contend that all games are tools to allow us to fulfill fantasies :D

yup. Just fulfilled my deepest fantasy with this one:
Garbage-Truck-Simulator-2011-icon.png

I contend that all games are tools to allow us to fulfill fantasies :D

Except for F1 2010, all the Codies other F1 games haven't allowed us to live out our fantasies as each year they have removed more and more content.... This year no career, where as when the franchise began in 2010 we had 'Live the Life' career mode.... The mind boggles with Codies and their decisions sometimes.... These boys at SMS know what us game players want! :D

Hi everyone

Hope I'm putting this in the right thread.

I've decided to go the PC route. Just got my new gaming PC 3 days ago.

My question is, I have a G27 but sometimes may not feel like pulling it out and setting up. I have assumed I can use a wired Xbox 1 controller (which I already have, have an Xbox 1 ). I've spent the morning searching but haven't found an answer. If using the Xbox controller, are the throttle triggers analog so throttle and brake can be gradual? I guess a second add on question to that is. Do the triggers in PC rumble like the do in Forza for example?

Many thanks

Hi everyone

My question is, I have a G27 but sometimes may not feel like pulling it out and setting up. I have assumed I can use a wired Xbox 1 controller (which I already have, have an Xbox 1 ). I've spent the morning searching but haven't found an answer. If using the Xbox controller, are the throttle triggers analog so throttle and brake can be gradual? I guess a second add on question to that is. Do the triggers in PC rumble like the do in Forza for example?

Many thanks
Simple answer is, use your wheel at all times! You going to have a great Sim to play and using a controller is, meh!

Hi everyone

Many thanks
Yes, you can use a 360 or X1 controller and the LT/RT buttons are analog. You will get general controller rumble (engine, shifting, curbs, ...) but there isn't any trigger rumble - from what I understand it's a Windows driver issue (lack of) not a pCARS omission.

Many thanks for the answer.

Would like to use the wheel as much as possible but with health problems, some days I may just want to turn on the computer, flop on the couch and do a few laps or races before i crash (go to bed that is lol)

Yes, you can use a 360 or X1 controller and the LT/RT buttons are analog. You will get general controller rumble (engine, shifting, curbs, ...) but there isn't any trigger rumble - from what I understand it's a Windows driver issue (lack of) not a pCARS omission.

Many thanks for the answer.

Would like to use the wheel as much as possible but with health problems, some days I may just want to turn on the computer, flop on the couch and do a few laps or races before i crash (go to bed that is lol)
Yeah, I hear ya. 98% of the time I'm using my TX wheel setup and triple screens but I sometimes switch to a large single screen and use an XBOX or SRW-S1 controller (single screen I can max out the eye candy, triples I need to turn down some graphical settings)

Xbox 1 controller has some FFB bug on windows where it keeps on buzzing for no reason after the FFB event, so it feels very strange and annoying. Use the 360 controller. Works quite well and no FFB problems.

My deepest fantasy involves throughing someone into the back of a garbage truck and turning the trash compactor on... But maybe that's just me.
I love these kinds of games. You can often pick them up on Steam sales for $10 or less and they can be a lot of fun for when you don't want any serious gaming. Kids love them, older folks love them. Euro Truck Simulator, Cities Skylines, Banished, Spintires...the list is endless of fun little games that are challenging but not really intense, decent graphics etc.

PSN question. I do not have main account on our PS4, will I be okay to play this game with the dlc or will I have to use the PSN + account registered on the PS4?

I will be uploading videos of project cars to youtube. My channel is in my sig and i would love it if guys can check out my channel once i start uploading project cars gameplay:D I already got some videos i uploaded of other games and some are not the best quality but its decent but my project cars videos won't look like that because im using the ps4 recording feature to do it which means HD footage:) Hope you guys check it out:gtpflag:

I love these kinds of games. You can often pick them up on Steam sales for $10 or less and they can be a lot of fun for when you don't want any serious gaming. Kids love them, older folks love them. Euro Truck Simulator, Cities Skylines, Banished, Spintires...the list is endless of fun little games that are challenging but not really intense, decent graphics etc.

If I had a decent pc I would've put countless hours into all of them. Especially Cities Skylines and Spintires. I've always been fond of PC sims. I suppose it's because I used to play them as a little kid on my dads desktop. I'm stuck with only console games for now though because I'm still using my crappy dell laptop from 2003. :(

PSN question. I do not have main account on our PS4, will I be okay to play this game with the dlc or will I have to use the PSN + account registered on the PS4?
Yes you can use your account even if it's not primary on your PS4. However if your talking about game sharing, which I do with 1 other friend, then your account must be primary on their PS4 and their account must be primary on your PS4 or nothing you download from each other will work. It's Sony's way of limiting game sharing.

Yes you can use your account even if it's not primary on your PS4. However if your talking about game sharing, which I do with 1 other friend, then your account must be primary on their PS4 and their account must be primary on your PS4 or nothing you download from each other will work. It's Sony's way of limiting game sharing.

Many thanks for that. I'm just talking about playing the game and dlc offline.

If I had a decent pc I would've put countless hours into all of them. Especially Cities Skylines and Spintires. I've always been fond of PC sims. I suppose it's because I used to play them as a little kid on my dads desktop. I'm stuck with only console games for now though because I'm still using my crappy dell laptop from 2003. :(
None of those games require a hefty PC, so maybe you can trade up the old laptop for a newer one? Wouldn't have to cost the world IMO.

Question for WMD members: can a public multiplayer lobby be filled with AI if there are not enough players to start a game or no players at all?

Nice one mate!! And have you noticed the wording of the thread? 'Can F1 2015 be close to PCARS?' They have already conceded that PCARS is better!! Lol!! :cheers::lol::lol:

Codies F1 forum update: Their still talking about PCARS! Lol!! I've never seen a game being hyped up on another game's forum before!! Codies, You've had it!!! Haha!!:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
The games have a different approach. I'll do a career ending in Formula A in pcars and I will buy the new F1 game. The F1 game may be more simcade, but I really like to drive the actual Ferrari. As long as the AI doesn't get worse, it will also be good fun.

Same here. I need to drive as Kimi! :) They finally implemented a championship mode, which means I can play a full season as Kimi. Hopefully they'll have all three practice sessions in. Plus, they've said it's more like a sim this year. The preview at VVV said the same thing. Gonna be good. I never played career mode anyway. Didn't want to replace a real driver. Plus, immersion is greater for me by racing as a real driver.

Sorry for slight off-topic. :)

Back