Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
- During WE races you can pick one and use it during that race, but it does not get saved. While racing in career mode, you get to use the livery of your team.
- you can change brightness in the game settings, or turn brightness of your screen down.
- teh GTP livery was part of an early DLC. Not sure which one it was, but if you have the DLC, the livery should be available in the garage for the Ruf...

im sorry to re-asking but the livrery problem hurt my ass...
i would like to keep the colours or livrery for every car but when i drive in free mode, the car have another colour again!

Is there any solution for keeping colour or livrery saved for driving and taking pictures?

im sorry to re-asking but the livrery problem hurt my ass...
i would like to keep the colours or livrery for every car but when i drive in free mode, the car have another colour again!

Is there any solution for keeping colour or livrery saved for driving and taking pictures?
There's a way of keeping the currently selected livery on a car every time you load the game: once your car has a livery you like, when you're on the main car select list, instead of pressing X to confirm car selection, press O instead to back out of that screen, back to the main race screen. The chosen livery will still be there. If you had pressed X a new random livery would've been chosen.

I use this method whenever I exit the tuning screens; if I'm happy with the livery I always O to back out, if I want something random I press X. Hope this makes sense.

There's a way of keeping the currently selected livery on a car every time you load the game: once your car has a livery you like, when you're on the main car select list, instead of pressing X to confirm car selection, press O instead to back out of that screen, back to the main race screen. The chosen livery will still be there. If you had pressed X a new random livery would've been chosen.

I use this method whenever I exit the tuning screens; if I'm happy with the livery I always O to back out, if I want something random I press X. Hope this makes sense.
Good news, going to check that, because I also want the chosen livery to stay...

Good news, going to check that, because I also want the chosen livery to stay...
You can keep one livery all day long if you use this method. Save tune as normal, then back out of car list screen. Not sure what happens if you change car then back though.

Hey gals/guys!

Since the price of PCARS went down recently, I would like to ask few questions about current state of PS4 version (probably answered already but it is hard to go through 620 pages looking for details).

1. Did they take care of the nasty bugs from release version? From what I remember reading there were major problems with tires after pitstops, AI of both CPU and B-spec driver in endurance races and cars settings resetting randomly.

2. What do you think about DLC cars? Are they worth the price and are they included in single player "campaign"?

3. The most important one. I'm owner of perfectly fine Logitech DFGT and from what I read in other thread there is no chance of backward hardware compatibility for PS4. Since there is no really good alternative for DFGT in similar price range at the moment, how the game feels when using Dualshock 4? It has been years since I played true racing game without the wheel and I'm concerned it won't be fun at all without proper equipment, plus I saw some threads that there are some big issues with default controller settings (and if there are, where can I find "good" settings?).

Thanks in advance, Cheers.

You can keep one livery all day long if you use this method. Save tune as normal, then back out of car list screen. Not sure what happens if you change car then back though.
Ah yes, I knew that you could keep a livery for a day, but I was hoping to be a le to keep it permanently...

Oh my god why is majority of inventational events hard? I'm doing the US TC2 cup and using this bad handling ford focus RS and AI is just kicking my 🤬 I went from 80% to now 60%. I'm about to see if it's any easier. Also I made so many adjustments to this car and it feels waaaayyyy better than before. I'm about to see what happens. It's like for your main championship goal or whatever you wanna call it I can run against the AI on 90% or sometimes at 100% without getting destroy at least. But inventational events is another story.:ouch:

Hey gals/guys!

Since the price of PCARS went down recently, I would like to ask few questions about current state of PS4 version (probably answered already but it is hard to go through 620 pages looking for details).

1. Did they take care of the nasty bugs from release version? From what I remember reading there were major problems with tires after pitstops, AI of both CPU and B-spec driver in endurance races and cars settings resetting randomly.

2. What do you think about DLC cars? Are they worth the price and are they included in single player "campaign"?

3. The most important one. I'm owner of perfectly fine Logitech DFGT and from what I read in other thread there is no chance of backward hardware compatibility for PS4. Since there is no really good alternative for DFGT in similar price range at the moment, how the game feels when using Dualshock 4? It has been years since I played true racing game without the wheel and I'm concerned it won't be fun at all without proper equipment, plus I saw some threads that there are some big issues with default controller settings (and if there are, where can I find "good" settings?).

1.No 2.Yes 3.Don't know

Oh my god why is majority of inventational events hard? I'm doing the US TC2 cup and using this bad handling ford focus RS and AI is just kicking my 🤬 I went from 80% to now 60%. I'm about to see if it's any easier. Also I made so many adjustments to this car and it feels waaaayyyy better than before. I'm about to see what happens. It's like for your main championship goal or whatever you wanna call it I can run against the AI on 90% or sometimes at 100% without getting destroy at least. But inventational events is another story.:ouch:
I always thought inventationals were they "invite the best of the best " so it makes sence it would be harder in my opion

I must be the only one avoiding like pest and waste of time ALL the invitationals? :D

I feel they just distract you from your main focus...

I must be the only one avoiding like pest and waste of time ALL the invitationals? :D

Don't know if you're the only one, but I am doing them all... ;)
Some of them are pretty tough, but I certainly don't regard them as being a waste of time.

Hey gals/guys!

1. - Some yes - but pitstop can still be problem, keeping tunes might be an issue when you return to pitbox but if you set them in the main menu and save them they will stay. AI is better now but not perfect (but what AI is) I dont do B-Spec bob. In general with patch 2.0 they game is much better but still not perfect.

2. I have all the DLC - Yes they are cool - but I wont be buying anymore until they fix some more of the important bugs (FFB not working at all sometimes, stuck on bumper cam sometimes, Online bad studdering when others join/leave the room and can ruin a great qualifying lap)

3. Your best bet in budget wheels is the T100 or the lowest cost Fanatec setup you can get. Not sure what they cost in Poland but in the USA - T100 = $89-$100 but only 270deg rotation. Fanatec GT3 = $179 but does not come with pedals. - I would not get the game to use with a controller but that is just me.. once I got a DFGT years ago I could never really enjoy racing games with a controller again.

I'm the opposite, I'm doing them all, I feel it breaks up the monotony of driving the same car season after season, plus it gives me the opportunity to drive some cars I may have otherwise not bothered with.

Don't know if you're the only one, but I am doing them all... ;)
Some of them are pretty tough, but I certainly don't regard them as being a waste of time.

The same as this guy. :)

So out of the blue today I finally took the plunge and bought this game for PC together with a Thrustmaster T300RS.

Should arrive tomorrow. Didn't want to go with a G29 as it seemed just a rebranded G27 for 400 euros, and the T500RS was a bit too expensive at 500 euros.

:cheers:

The phrase "World Of Pain" came to my mind when I read your post! I do hope that turns out not to be true in your case.

:)

VBR
The phrase "World Of Pain" came to my mind when I read your post! I do hope that turns out not to be true in your case.

:)

I am aware of the issues with the T300RS, but I'm not planning on spending 400 euros for a G27. I didn't really want to buy second hand either. And for the money of a T500RS I could pair the T300 with the T8 shifter.

Who knows I might win the Thurstmaster lottery and have one without too many issues for a good while.

I am aware of the issues with the T300RS, but I'm not planning on spending 400 euros for a G27. I didn't really want to buy second hand either. And for the money of a T500RS I could pair the T300 with the T8 shifter.

Who knows I might win the Thurstmaster lottery and have one without too many issues for a good while.

So far I had no problems with the T300, hopefully the same goes with you.

I think by "world of pain", VBR meant your aching facial muscles from grinning incessantly for hours and possibly a sore gluteus maximum if your driving setup is a bit uncomfortable:sly: Of course I could be wrong...:D

My first T300 had an issue after 40 days (started clicking/clunking) but was still usable... as long as you don't void the warranty and keep your invoice/receipt they will replace it. My new one is so nice extra smooth, better fan.. all the buttons and the paddles on the rim even feel better.. getting it replaced was actually nice. It seems like a tech went through it and made sure everything was perfect.

So actually it failing was a good thing except the 18 days I did not have a wheel.

Well first impressions about the wheel are really good, I really like it. Except the pedals. I need to modify it a little bit as the base is so light that it doesn't stay in place, and when I brake, I lift the front of the base off the floor. So I'm going to search the interwebz a little bit.

So out of the blue today I finally took the plunge and bought this game for PC together with a Thrustmaster T300RS.

Should arrive tomorrow. Didn't want to go with a G29 as it seemed just a rebranded G27 for 400 euros, and the T500RS was a bit too expensive at 500 euros.

:cheers:
Good choice in my opinion, my TX works great on my PC - haven't used much at all on my X1 console though.

Well first impressions about the wheel are really good, I really like it. Except the pedals. I need to modify it a little bit as the base is so light that it doesn't stay in place, and when I brake, I lift the front of the base off the floor. So I'm going to search the interwebz a little bit.

I use the T3PA pedals now but the included pedals didn't work too bad after I modded the brake - a simple rubber bumper under the pedal shaft worked very well.

I use the T3PA pedals now but the included pedals didn't work too bad after I modded the brake - a simple rubber bumper under the pedal shaft worked very well.

I don't have any immediate problems with the pedals themselves. It's rather the base not really wanting to stay in place on my floor. I'll figure something out, but if you guys have any tips, shoot!

I don't have any immediate problems with the pedals themselves. It's rather the base not really wanting to stay in place on my floor. I'll figure something out, but if you guys have any tips, shoot!

The T300 stock pedals have mounting holes in the bottom.. 2 x M6 Holes (12mm MAXIMUM depth INSIDE PEDAL BODY)
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TXRW/TMFFB_2Pedals Template.pdf

Get a sheet of 1" thick wood that is larger area than the pedals and bolt them down to it. The weight will help hold them in place. If you are using it on carpet you migh have to get something on the bottom that will grip on carpet, for example the plastic mats for office chairs, glue something like that to the bottom of the wood. If you are on hard wood or tile use rubber feet grips.

My T300 brake pedal has started making an irritating squeaky/grinding noise. I can feel the pedal stick a bit at around 50% pressure. Tried some 3 in 1 oil and a rag around the pedal arm but that only silenced it for a short while. It's like there almost no gap between the right side of the pedal arm and the foot plate, resulting in the 2 rubbing together. Will try extra lube and hopefully it'll go away, and hopefully it's not a problem inside with the actual spring.

*puts pencil behind ear*

"Just wants a couple of thou' off the footplate where it's rubbin' sir, five minutes with a bit of sandpaper will sort the job out a treat" :D :lol:
Ha I was trying to avoid unscrewing it all but I think that's what it'll come down to. Don't know why they didn't give just a bit more room around the pedal hole to stop this potentially happening. I'll see what I can do.

Although if it all goes completely wrong I'll have an excuse to upgrade the whole pedal set heheh

The T300 stock pedals have mounting holes in the bottom.. 2 x M6 Holes (12mm MAXIMUM depth INSIDE PEDAL BODY)
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/Manuals/TXRW/TMFFB_2Pedals Template.pdf

Get a sheet of 1" thick wood that is larger area than the pedals and bolt them down to it. The weight will help hold them in place. If you are using it on carpet you migh have to get something on the bottom that will grip on carpet, for example the plastic mats for office chairs, glue something like that to the bottom of the wood. If you are on hard wood or tile use rubber feet grips.

Fixed 👍

I took a 50 x 50cm plate, so it has some weight to it. Going to get some rubber feet tomorrow or saturday to keep it in place. It stays in place better now, but it can still be improved further 👍

Cheers for the tip! :cheers:

Back