Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
I'm trying to wrap my head around P.Cars' physics and the DS4 isn't making anything better... Default settings, no dice. Slight adjustment, no dice. I can't even correct a slide in this game!

Also, how the heck do I accept invitationals and also how do I set a livery because each time I set one it changes.

I want to like Project CARS but it's starting to get on my nerves now. Any advice?

I'll PM you with my controller settings on the X1; they might help the DS4 too. Worth a shot.

Don't they say the opposite for Forza? Developed primarily for pad users and the wheel guys lose out? I was watching some F6 footage last night and there isn't even 1:1 mapping on the wheel but I'd put money on the pad being completely fine for racing.

I was under the opposite impression: that wheel users in Forza get to experience a greater extension of the physics since there's more freedom of movement (no cap on steering unlike controller assist).

In a video, you'll never see 1:1 mapping (unless it's full 60 fps, no lag, and even then, maybe). Since it's recorded, there's always a slight delay between the wheel movement in cockpit view and the player's movements.

Well, I guess for console users this game could be seen as much more serious than forza or gt. Maybe they originally thought the pad users wouldn't buy the game the way wheel users do. However with a million sales, a large portion of that must be pad users

Pad user here, and content with the controller ATM.

Not sure if you can go as high as 45, but yes.

Edit: I think it's more like 36, have to check.

Just checked: it seems to depend on what track you are racing:
E.g. Nordschleife takes 31 opponents, Nürburg GP only 29, Oulton Park Fosters 25 etc...

E.g. Nordschleife takes 31 opponents, Nürburg GP only 29, Oulton Park Fosters 25 etc...
Correct, it's based on the number of pit boxes for a given track if I recall correctly.

Hi guys, few question...

- how do i keep my chosen colours selected on each cars? Everytime the game change it again...
- There is too much brightness in cockpit view, the outside of the car is too bright, how can i change that?
- how can i download the GTPlanet livrery and how can i install it?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys, few question...

- how do i keep my chosen colours selected on each cars? Everytime the game change it again...
- There is too much brightness in cockpit view, the outside of the car is too bright, how can i change that?
- how can i download the GTPlanet livrery and how can i install it?

Thanks in advance :)
- During WE races you can pick one and use it during that race, but it does not get saved. While racing in career mode, you get to use the livery of your team.
- you can change brightness in the game settings, or turn brightness of your screen down.
- teh GTP livery was part of an early DLC. Not sure which one it was, but if you have the DLC, the livery should be available in the garage for the Ruf...

It might be me just getting used to the game, but I do find the AI to be a lot easier to pass. Is this caused by the 2.0 patch to reduce aggressiveness? It gets really annoying when we go in side-by-side and the other car scares away and ducks back behind me. They must have done something like increase the AI awareness radius, because, anytime I go within a foot of them, they react and move off the road or something stupid. I do feel that the tweak was't necessary and people were exaggerating as to how aggressive they were, as I didn't find much of a problem with them.

It might be me just getting used to the game, but I do find the AI to be a lot easier to pass. Is this caused by the 2.0 patch to reduce aggressiveness? It gets really annoying when we go in side-by-side and the other car scares away and ducks back behind me. They must have done something like increase the AI awareness radius, because, anytime I go within a foot of them, they react and move off the road or something stupid. I do feel that the tweak was't necessary and people were exaggerating as to how aggressive they were, as I didn't find much of a problem with them.
Perhaps they should've toned down the way cars stick together during contact, as this way they could've left the aggression in. It's hard to go bumper to bumper or side by side when the cars are prone to sticking, potentially taking you both off.

Perhaps they should've toned down the way cars stick together during contact, as this way they could've left the aggression in. It's hard to go bumper to bumper or side by side when the cars are prone to sticking, potentially taking you both off.

Oh, yeah, that was incredibly frustrating in Karts season one. I've never noticed cars getting stuck together on the sides. Perhaps, rather than compromising the racing, they should have tried to get rid of the sticking problem? I've no idea how complex that issue is, however.

VBR
Actually had some fun with Project CARS today, not many bugs! Managed a race in the BMW M3 GT car, & my goodness that things sounds awesome, my fav sounding car so far. Maybe I won't be going back to GT6 after all, HA-ha!

:drool:

You've actually went back to GT6?! I'm not sure when I'll next play Gran Turismo when I've got an actual racing game to play! I suppose, there are a few things I miss from it: photo-mode and online. I can say goodbye to pretty much everything else!

Oh, yeah, that was incredibly frustrating in Karts season one. I've never noticed cars getting stuck together on the sides. Perhaps, rather than compromising the racing, they should have tried to get rid of the sticking problem? I've no idea how complex that issue is, however.
In hindsight I can't remember side by side sticking issues either. My bad. Not sure why the bumpers are coated with Velcro though.

- During WE races you can pick one and use it during that race, but it does not get saved. While racing in career mode, you get to use the livery of your team.
- you can change brightness in the game settings, or turn brightness of your screen down.
- teh GTP livery was part of an early DLC. Not sure which one it was, but if you have the DLC, the livery should be available in the garage for the Ruf...

Thanks for answering :)
i'll check for the brightness but didn't find it yet...

Thanks for answering :)
i'll check for the brightness but didn't find it yet...
Look for exposure compensation in the visuals menu. Don't forget the brightness of the world also changes depending on your FOV if you're using a cockpit cam.

Correct, it's based on the number of pit boxes for a given track if I recall correctly.

Yeah, it all depends on both what platform you're playing and number of pit boxes. Although I want the option to have more than one car allocated in a single pit box (e.g. Nurburgring/Spa 24), and for Spa, all the options on the start/finish line and pit boxes, including the other pit box near the club start, and of course the option for the F1 start...

Just had a few online races for the first time, fantastic fun really enjoyed it and met some really nice people.

Nevermind that I got classified wrong on hald the occassions but real fun to be had here.

VBR
Actually had some fun with Project CARS today, not many bugs! Managed a race in the BMW M3 GT car, & my goodness that things sounds awesome, my fav sounding car so far. Maybe I won't be going back to GT6 after all, HA-ha!

:drool:

Its beyond me how anyone could go back on GT6 even with the bugs, i have seen a few on my list do it tho! :crazy:

Others have gone back to GRID AS and DRIVECLUB, i still don't get that. Full on pCARS for me best by far, its a shame its lost a lot of people tho, all because it was far from the polished game Andy kept banging on about.

I was about to go back. Not having no tune option in multiplayer, no reverse grids or timed races, no way to check power penalties or ballast, no ingame text chat...

Let's be honest: This game is an online championship organizer nightmare... I know because i run my serie.

Also no way to change car during replays or skip laps makes stewarding a mess. Not to mention that different users replays show different things.

I stay here but i lost many great friends and drivers to this shortcomings and the bugfest.

Yet the game IS great somewhere between bugs.

Its beyond me how anyone could go back on GT6 even with the bugs, i have seen a few on my list do it tho! :crazy:

Others have gone back to GRID AS and DRIVECLUB, i still don't get that. Full on pCARS for me best by far, its a shame its lost a lot of people tho, all because it was far from the polished game Andy kept banging on about.

I think it's an awesome game, and when I've got my wheel set up I'll no doubt be playing it much more, but I also play DC, because it's got an epic list of road cars, really fun tracks, and point to point roads, and is great fun to play. It's also got the best graphics, and a very nice photo mode to go with it. I don't restrict myself to sims, as an arcade racer done well is every bit as fun IMO, and I like to have the variety. I have Pcars, DC, F1 2015, and The Crew, and they all co-exist beautifully, because they are all very very different from one another.

Pcars for my simracing fix.
F1 because I'm a massive F1 fan, and it's a very immersive game.
The Crew for it's NFS type story driven career, and the gigantic sandbox map.
Driveclub for it's beautiful graphics, kick ass car roster, and fun quick races.

Although I couldn't go back to GT6. It's trying to be a sim and not doing a good job at it, and in my limited time available for gaming, it would be in competition with Pcars, and I know which one would win that competition every day of the week.

Its beyond me how anyone could go back on GT6 even with the bugs, i have seen a few on my list do it tho!
I was about to go back. Not having no tune option in multiplayer, no reverse grids or timed races, no way to check power penalties or ballast, no ingame text chat...

Let's be honest: This game is an online championship organizer nightmare... I know because i run my series.

Also no way to change car during replays or skip laps makes stewarding a mess. Not to mention that different users replays show different things.

^ What he said. In GT6 90% of my time was spent racing online, hosting clean casual no tuning lobbies. Project CARS online is light years behind GT6 & is all but unplayable.

Also, with GT6 I can just plug my wheel in & play. With Project CARS my wheel has several game breaking bugs. That said, when it does work...:drool:

Ok im trying for a full house at Nords, i just need Formula A now. Can anyone tell me how KERS on Formula A work as i seem to only have a limited amount then its all white with the icon removed, is that right?

Ok im trying for a full house at Nords, i just need Formula A now. Can anyone tell me how KERS on Formula A work as i seem to only have a limited amount then its all white with the icon removed, is that right?

You can only use a certain amount per lap. If you flip through the Motec pages on the steering wheel, you should find one of the numbers that start at 100 and drops to zero once you have used up your limit in the lap.

You can only use a certain amount per lap. If you flip through the Motec pages on the steering wheel, you should find one of the numbers that start at 100 and drops to zero once you have used up your limit in the lap.

Oh ok thanks mate, the use is very little i wondered if i was doing something wrong :lol:

ps. My wheel was acting a bit weird yesterday after i rebooted it (was a bit too rough with it), so i installed the latest firmware again and now it feels like the belt is more fluid than it was before.

Maybe that would be a good idea after months of wear and tear for others also.

ps. My wheel was acting a bit weird yesterday after i rebooted it (was a bit too rough with it), so i installed the latest firmware again and now it feels like the belt is more fluid than it was before.

Maybe that would be a good idea after months of wear and tear for others also.
T300? Glad it worked for you. When I updated the firmware a couple of months ago it all went wrong to the point of my laptop no longer recognising there was even a device plugged into it. Thought I'd killed my wheel so had to go through some long winded recovery process and it finally came back to life.

Probably won't be doing that again any time soon lol

Back