Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
FS7
For GT3 cars I like to do full weekend, 30 minute races, tyre wear = 4x (1 pitstop required if you're soft tyres).
It's a nice format for people who want to get a feel of endurance racing in a relatively short amount of time.
Sounds good. Do the AI all pit for new tyres as well?

I'd have to say, this is maybe one of the few games where I have not longed for specific cars in a game.
GT2, GT4, ToCA 1&2. The car list for those games are to die for. pCARS list is so right. Everything they have picked, is as they included suggestions from car lovers. :D I'm trying to pick one car I adore. So far, the Ruf GT3 has me hooked. Still, plenty of good cars to choose.

Well well seems that in the end I will be able to play pCARS as well. I got the GOTY Edition as a present from my employer. They have it on order so I am waiting for it to arrive. A really nice surprise. I will finally discover what all the fuss is about and make an opinion of it myself. Since it is a present I'll solely will judge the game and not SMS nor Bell.

Have to say that I look forward to give it a go!

I'd have to say, this is maybe one of the few games where I have not longed for specific cars in a game.
GT2, GT4, ToCA 1&2. The car list for those games are to die for. pCARS list is so right. Everything they have picked, is as they included suggestions from car lovers. :D I'm trying to pick one car I adore. So far, the Ruf GT3 has me hooked. Still, plenty of good cars to choose.
Have you given the Formula Rookie a go yet, that's one of my personal addictions, particularly around Oulton park.

Well well seems that in the end I will be able to play pCARS as well. I got the GOTY Edition as a present from my employer. They have it on order so I am waiting for it to arrive. A really nice surprise. I will finally discover what all the fuss is about and make an opinion of it myself. Since it is a present I'll solely will judge the game and not SMS nor Bell.

Have to say that I look forward to give it a go!

Look forward to hearing what you think (good and bad).

:D

Have you given the Formula Rookie a go yet, that's one of my personal addictions, particularly around Oulton park.
Just did a 5 lap around Oulton Park Island. I can be sure of one thing, I never have to worry about AI brake-checking. I had my front wing tucked behind the AI around the entire lap. And talk about wheel-to-wheel racing.

Formula racing is not my thing like it used to be. These Formula Gulf cars may have reeled me in a bit. That was exciting.

Tried the Formula Rookie. Yellow flag at the chicane because of wheels missing from the front of a car. This was more my speed. The #60 was chosen by my daughter. Good basic fun.

Last edited:
Just bought the Renault Sport Pack and I would just like to personally high five whoever snuck in a Half Life location as a sponsor on one of the paint schemes.

Just bought the Renault Sport Pack and I would just like to personally high five whoever snuck in a Half Life location as a sponsor on one of the paint schemes.
Which one? City 17? Ravenholm? Been a while since I've played Half Life.

http://gamingbolt.com/an-interview-...about-project-cars-2-virtual-reality-and-more
GamingBolt: ...do you know much about the NX, something you could share? What are your thoughts on it?

Andy Tudor: Trying to get that exclusive here! It’s not gonna happen! (laughs)

We are aware of the NX, absolutely, but there’s nothing we can share currently.

I can't decide if Andy's coy response seems like good news or not. But now that Sony is threatening to pull the plug on my PS4 purchase plans with the "PS4 Neo" nonsense, I have a renewed interest in PCARS2 on NX and this is the first time it has been brought up since last summer.

The interview also features a lot of talk about VR in Project CARS for any VR fans here.

In terms of VR I have an Oculus Rift and tried pCARS with it. I don't play pCARS much lately but this may be enough to get me to play intermittently.

Overall, it's pretty cool. The inside of the car is very nice, you can see the cars next to you as you turn your head and it feels as real as it can get granted the hardware limitations. The biggest problem right now is the low resolution of the Rift. In most games it's not a problem but for me in pCARS it is. On the more twisty tracks where your top speed is limited it may not be such an issue but when you are coming to a corner fast for me it's an issue because things you see in a distance are really blurry. A lot of people seem to be ok with it and it doesn't seem to affect their ability to race competitively but for me, maybe only for now, it is. Still, if you take one of the slower cars for a spin, it's a great experience.

In conclusion, I would not recommend getting OR for pCARS alone, but if you are interested in VR in general, it would be worth it. Elite Dangerous is especially impressive along with Adrift, if you have a high tolerance for nausea. I think next generation VR could be a game changer for general public, for now enthusiasts only.

Why does every ****ing career race have to have weather change and almost always rain? It's just annoying now.

Started a race with it saying medium cloud weather and forecast, so I started on slicks. Then two laps in it says it's raining. Where was the forecast on that?! And then after one lap of a heavy storm it's back to medium cloud. I pitted for rain tires, and then it stops raining? Just wtf

I seriously want to enjoy this career mode as it decides race locations and times for me, otherwise it's essentially quick races. Every one is dry then wet or wet then dry. It's not realistic

The career is very disappointing IMO, the simple fact it is ground hog day so the weather changes happen at exactly the same times every time... I'd happily just keep playing the Clio career were it not for the fact its never random weather... also silly track choices in career in some championships..... the other elephant in the room is the track drying out so quick after it stops raining....
A lot to get right come PCars 2..

I'll just take the guide of Career races and do them in quick match. Whatevs.

I like setting up different time changes. I rarely do 60x because that's too fast. My quick races are set at 10 minutes. Enough time to focus in but not too long that I get bored. So I set time change to 30x for a 5 hour race. I'll start at 4-6 pm if I want to race into a sunset or the night, otherwise it's mid-day like 11am or 1pm

FS7
For GT3 cars I like to do full weekend, 30 minute races, tyre wear = 4x (1 pitstop required if you're soft tyres).
It's a nice format for people who want to get a feel of endurance racing in a relatively short amount of time.
Do you think 4x is good enough for classes below GT3 or should I move it up? It goes all the way to 7x

This is beyond frustrating. I'm currently in the LMP2 championship, and when I start a race, my brakes are cold. The AI's brakes are warm though, and I have to brake ~50m before the first few turns. Why is that? There's no option for a warm up lap or anything. I understand why I start on cold brakes in practice and qualifying.

I'll just take the guide of Career races and do them in quick match.
I take you're referring to this guide, right? I'm glad it's being helpful to other people.
Do you think 4x is good enough for classes below GT3 or should I move it up? It goes all the way to 7x
I haven't tested all the classes, but iirc Formula A/B/C, LMP 1/2/3, & GT3 all work fine with tyre wear = 4x if you want to do 30-minutes races with 1 pitstop or 15-minute races without pitstops (for all classes mentioned I used soft tyres). DTM's soft tyres wear down very quickly, I remember being able to run 15 minutes at most with tyre wear = 2x. Not sure about other classes.

Could someone please tell me the secret to driving the R18 E-Tron in cockpit view? My biggest problem is i cant barely see the turns when turning so i either end up over shooting the turn or missing it outright...Its like driving a coffin with a little window in front of it :crazy:

Thanks any hints are more then welcome :)

I think it depends on the location and time of year.
Indeed, sky objects and day/night is specific (and correct) to geographical location and time of year.

If I recall correctly there were some issues with the night sky being too bright in some places, not sure if that was ever corrected.

Back