Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Hello friends

Can someone please help!!?? I am very new to Project Cars and it took me 2 hours to configure my new G29 wheel. However the cars just will not turn into the corners, they turn but very very slightly only, I know that this is not it is supposed to be. In the in car view the steering wheel in car is turning just a tiny bit when I have turned it a lot on the G29.

Any help would be much appreciated gents.

MC

Today I recieved the game. Needed to download a day one patch and after I could start. The intro is simply staggering. Music, footage very well done. After the intro it just showed me settings and a quickrace at Dubaï. Took about 30 minutes for the rest to unlock. Probably installation. Would have been nice if there was an indicator. Did the quickrace with controller and the first annoyance did appear: the pit engineer at 100DB shouting through my ds4.

Can't find the settings to let the sound go through my TV so I turned him of. Second annoyance: loads of stuttering in first race. Freezes for 1 second.

After installation the menu's opend up and the stuttering seemed to be gone in quickrace 👍

The good stuff: The game arrived today as a gift but it was not all. As a huge surprise it came with a T150 wheel! :bowdown: Something that came out of nowhere. Unpacked, firmware update and connected to my PSN profile.

Calibrated the wheel in pCars and I was ready. Quickrace with a Ford Mustang GT at Barcelona. From the moment the lights went to green everything made sense. The feedback, the pedals, turning, shifting, driving. It all felt magnificent. Did only a 5 lapper with AI set to 60% and it was great. I have to say that those 5 laps made a great impression on me. 👍

Last edited:
Indeed, sky objects and day/night is specific (and correct) to geographical location and time of year.

If I recall correctly there were some issues with the night sky being too bright in some places, not sure if that was ever corrected.
That's cool and all, but a bit of work. I like setting up races to go into night, but never more than half the race, just the end. Most in-game race dates that it gives are in the Spring months so it's usually around the same time.

What's the earliest you've seen the Sun set? You can't get snow so what's the point of having a race in the winter months when the Sun sets really early? I figure it usually sets between 6-8 on most tracks right?

Did the quickrace with controller and the first annoyance did appear: the pit engineer at 100DB shouting through my ds4.

Can't find the settings to let the sound go through my TV so I turned him of.
There's no way to set engineer speech to come through TV speakers when playing with a DS4. I've been complaining about that in the official forums since May last year, never got any answer about that.

That's cool and all, but a bit of work. I like setting up races to go into night, but never more than half the race, just the end. Most in-game race dates that it gives are in the Spring months so it's usually around the same time.

What's the earliest you've seen the Sun set? You can't get snow so what's the point of having a race in the winter months when the Sun sets really early? I figure it usually sets between 6-8 on most tracks right?
Also, is there anywhere in-game that tells you when the Sun will set based on the date you put in?

BTW What is that Aston Hydro..forgot..name a fantastic GT4 car. It's the long limousine :) Probably not the fastest in its class but I like strangers like that.

I love GT4, arguably my favourite series but it sucks that there are a couple of cars which are just wildly uncompetitive. The BOP in-game is piss poor. Shame really.

Spec speaking, its like that Old Pig Mercedes only less heritage and more technology: More power but handles like a well, pig. The Hydrogen sound is really cool though.
I believe it's over 3000 lbs. It's basically a road car, don't think they stripped it out at all.

I love GT4, arguably my favourite series but it sucks that there are a couple of cars which are just wildly uncompetitive. The BOP in-game is piss poor. Shame really.

Massive shame. The only way of competing on an even playing field in GT4 is picking one of the slower cars in single player and adjusting the AI difficulty accordingly.

I started the career and I chose the Ginetta Junior class. Have done the first two races at Oulton Park and it was some of the best and intense racing I've done so far. AI was set to 70% and with that I won both races. 2 laps quick and 5 laps main.

I spend à bit more time with different cars and tracks and in some the AI smokes me at 80% and in others it is very easy. Is that normal?

The menus I find a big mess. Very unstructured and not clear how to navigate. I can setup a pitstrategy for the career but in single player I simply can't find the option. Choosing a livery is complicated and the contract you sign in career doesn't show the car. Also my playername is written in stars and my racenumber doesn't show anywhere.

I am surprised by the AI! They put up a decent fight and it is fun to race against them. The driving comes very natural and there is a difference in every car I have driven. The racingpart is very well done and the game delivers great fun so far. To bad there is nothing to unlock, no affinity with à team. Creating your own team and driver and showing racenumber and name could add to the emergion. They have all the chances to get the stuff right for pC2.

Last edited:
I started the career and I chose the Ginetta Junior class. Have done the first two races at Oulton Park and it was some of the best and intense racing I've done so far. AI was set to 70% and with that I won both races. 2 laps quick and 5 laps main.

I spend à bit more time with different cars and tracks and in some the AI smokes me at 80% and in others it is very easy. Is that normal?

For me I can manage a better AI to more modern the car is, as stuff gets older I need to reduce the AI, no idea if its just me being rubbish with the old stuff or not.

The menus I find a big mess. Very unstructured and not clear how to navigate. I can setup a pitstrategy for the career but in single player I simply can't find the option. Choosing a livery is complicated and the contract you sign in career doesn't show the car. Also my playername is written in stars and my racenumber doesn't show anywhere.
Yep the UI is rubbish and navigation a pain as a result, you can set up Pit Strat in career at the same time as you can tune it when you are in the actual event.

I am surprised by the AI! They put up a decent fight and it is fun to race against them. The driving comes very natural and there is a difference in every car I have driven. The racingpart is very well done and the game delivers great fun so far. To bad there is nothing to unlock, no affinity with à team. Creating your own team and driver and showing racenumber and name could add to the emergion. They have all the chances to get the stuff right for pC2.
The racing for me is the key part of PC, I actually like that nothing exists to unlock as it means I can race anything I like without getting stuck behind a constraint of any kind.

I found if you have more than one career on the go and use the same name for them only the original will have letters, the others stars. I don't get the logic behind that. We're all smart enough to not get confused over our own careers, right?

I found if you have more than one career on the go and use the same name for them only the original will have letters, the others stars. I don't get the logic behind that. We're all smart enough to not get confused over our own careers, right?

I only have one career running :boggled: Not the most important but a bit of a pity. Do I understand correctly that team offers differ depending your results in career? Can one stay with the same team in à certain class but run different championships or seasons?

Last edited:
I only have a career running :boggled: Not the most important but a bit of a pity. Do I understand correctly that team offers differ depending your results in career? Can one stay with the same team in à certain class but run different championships or seasons?
I'm a career noob really, have spent best part of a year doing quick race weekends and only a handful of hours in the career. From what I can tell you change teams after every season, but I could be wrong.

I put a hold on Career And only race Free Play. I'm learning the tracks to compete better with the AI.

AI is set to 90, with grid position Random. I did win a 15lap race at Silverstone National using the Falcon. Started 7th and took me 10 laps to get to 5th. Top 4 were nose to tail. Wasn't easy as I had to brake then, trailbrake at the left-hander before the final turn to keep pace.

Most races, I'm nowhere near top 10. No matter the car. Though, I do find the 190E DTM as the best allround for that series. The Mustang GT4 has the power. The Z4 GT3, for me, is the easiest to drive. The RGT-8 GT3 makes me feel Like I'm in a real race car.

If it weren't for the AI and sounds, it'd be just be another car game.

I think I'll maybe stick to the quick week-ends as well for the moment. There is actually no use of going through the careermode except for the race format and pitstops. Although it's the only way to run a championship and get some feeling of participating in a series. Would be nice if the week-end races could be setup like some sort of custom championship.

I would like to stick to one car and class for the moment and learn some more tracks. I've ran several races on Barcelona with the Mustang GT4 and it is a car I like a lot to drive. Also an ancient Lotus at Bugatti was simply stunning. The car had lots of grip and handeld superbe. Ran the SLS GT3 at Oulton, liked it but it is very tame. Probably I'll focus on the Mustang the coming weeks. Team KAPP :D

Can someone advice my on fuel use and tire wear when running 10 lap races?

Last edited:

I love GT4 as well, just wished it actually had more instead of just three real ones with two not so real ones (looking you, Rocket bunny GT86). I don't get how one can class the Rapide, basically a Road car, in the same category as a Mustang Boss 302R. I do agree the BOP is way off. Its apparent with the P1 class as with just the default cars, the Audi R18 TDI is the only non-Hybrid against made up Hybrids (The hell?) and then with the DLC cars, the R18 E Tron Quattro and the TS040 seem to just easily fire off in the distance in comparison. Really odd classification this game

I believe it's over 3000 lbs. It's basically a road car, don't think they stripped it out at all.

I believe the class that car competed in basically had rules that prevented a lot of stripping down and keeping the cars as close as possible to stock.

I love GT4 as well, just wished it actually had more instead of just three real ones with two not so real ones (looking you, Rocket bunny GT86). I don't get how one can class the Rapide, basically a Road car, in the same category as a Mustang Boss 302R. I do agree the BOP is way off. Its apparent with the P1 class as with just the default cars, the Audi R18 TDI is the only non-Hybrid against made up Hybrids (The hell?) and then with the DLC cars, the R18 E Tron Quattro and the TS040 seem to just easily fire off in the distance in comparison. Really odd classification this game

I believe the class that car competed in basically had rules that prevented a lot of stripping down and keeping the cars as close as possible to stock.
Sadly I believe Aston wanted them to add the Hybrid (because license)...so...maybe not there fault for that one (unless I'm wrong, which I probably am lol). But there's no excuse for the GT86, should've faked in more power if they're gonna put it in. But the Ginetta, Aston V8, Bimmer and Mustang are a good enough class. Just have to choose one of those 4. :D

Sadly I believe Aston wanted them to add the Hybrid (because license)...so...maybe not there fault for that one (unless I'm wrong, which I probably am lol). But there's no excuse for the GT86, should've faked in more power if they're gonna put it in. But the Ginetta, Aston V8, Bimmer and Mustang are a good enough class. Just have to choose one of those 4. :D

The problem with the GT86 has more to do with the godawful handling. Forget the power, damn thing won't turn well at all, which is abit of an issue (On top of the fact I'm pretty sure its more of a drift car and not a race car). Same goes for the BMW M3, which is sad considering its way closer to a GT4 car yet it can't do squat against the Ginetta G55, the Ford Mustang Boss 302R or the Aston Martin Vantage GT4.

Last edited:
Can someone advice my on fuel use and tire wear when running 10 lap races?
That's very difficulty to say since different tracks have different lengths (10 laps at Laguna Seca = 36km, 10 laps at Spa = 70km), ideally you should set race length by either distance or time.
I did some testing with the Vantage GT4 a few days ago, tyre wear = 4x works well for race length of 80km/30 minutes. There's no option to accelerate fuel consumption, I always set it to real.

Latest Posts

Back