Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Just got the Complete Edition today. How does the career mode work exactly? I'm in the first kart section.

You go from contract to contract and you can start out at the point of your choice. Listen well to the videos for each discipline because it will tell you about the goals. Normally you start off in a regional championship and then go on to the European / World championships. You can stay with your team or sign up with another one. Keep an eye on your careermailbox for some unique offers.

How do I get to drive GT3 Endurance in Career? Every Time I start a new career at that level it only gives me options for LMP2 and GT4. Do I have to complete an endurance series in GT4 to get contracts to another endurance series in GT3? I want to do the Road America race in GT3 for proper LMP1/LMP2/GT3/GT4 multi-class since that's the IMSA race this weekend.

Got the Complete Edition about 20 minutes ago, since everything is locked what do I need to do to continue and unlock Career? Won the first race or whatever the game wants me to do, but nothing happens.

Got the Complete Edition about 20 minutes ago, since everything is locked what do I need to do to continue and unlock Career? Won the first race or whatever the game wants me to do, but nothing happens.
Your game is probably still installing, that's why you're limited in what you can do. Give it some more time.

D'oh! Been playing so many PC games I forgot the PS4 likes to install in background...

It is working now, dealing with Superkarts on Oulton right now.

Update... whatever thought-process I had in my head to use the BAC Mono on the one Oulton race (I think it was Trackday or something like that) was the worst idea I've had so far. Only car I've had to turn the driving aids on to compensate, this despite being able to deal with the car on a much more even surface (Snetterton).

Game Update...
SMS have added additional community events.
Now up to 78, which is great news as now I can platinum the game.
Thank you SMS!
20170822_200859.jpg

After not touching this game for a year or so, I decided to try it again. I opened the game and my computer's desktop background changed to a wallpaper that I had on a long time ago. Weird. So, while the game was still open, I decided to change the background back to what I had. I did a few races and closed the game which then caused the background to change again! wtf? I have never experienced this before.

I recently re-installed Project Cars onto my Xbox One. I forgot how good the game looked! After playing Assetto Corsa for a while, it was refreshing to see this game in action.

XXI
Game Update...
SMS have added additional community events.
Now up to 78, which is great news as now I can platinum the game.
Thank you SMS!
View attachment 668468

Am i the only one who still has "you have no entry recorded on this leaderboard" every single time ive tried to set a lap for these community events? Trying to get the community ambassador achievement while there are so many events planned. Ive set plenty of valid laps, all within the top few hundred times (ive had a go at the Formula A Monza and Spa thats currently running, Monza only has 60 names on the leaderboard) no matter what ive tried i cant seem to get a time...i tried all last night and today, nothing. Playing on PC through Steam. I know ive read it can take take a while to register / upload ive read, but been over a day now. Tried my xbox Controller and fanatec wheel, still no luck.

Anyone else having the problem?

Am i the only one who still has "you have no entry recorded on this leaderboard" every single time ive tried to set a lap for these community events? Trying to get the community ambassador achievement while there are so many events planned. Ive set plenty of valid laps, all within the top few hundred times (ive had a go at the Formula A Monza and Spa thats currently running, Monza only has 60 names on the leaderboard) no matter what ive tried i cant seem to get a time...i tried all last night and today, nothing. Playing on PC through Steam. I know ive read it can take take a while to register / upload ive read, but been over a day now. Tried my xbox Controller and fanatec wheel, still no luck.

Anyone else having the problem?

Never heard of this.
I'm on PS4, it usually takes up to 5 minutes to update the leaderboard.

You may have to reinstall the game, you won't lose trophies/achievements but goodbye career.

Anyone have ideas?

XXI
Never heard of this.
I'm on PS4, it usually takes up to 5 minutes to update the leaderboard.

You may have to reinstall the game, you won't lose trophies/achievements but goodbye career.

Anyone have ideas?

Cheers for the response. Yes ive read it can take time on various message boards, but nothing like this.

I think reinstall is my next option, ive finished career mode in terms of achievements, im just trying to get the last 5 i need before pcars2 comes out.

Need the affinty and beyond, 24 hour race, 50 online podiums then the community ambassador and earned all other achievements achievement. So a reinstall wouldnt be too problematic!

Just a right pain, messaged the pcars page on facebook but heard nothing back yet.

Cheers for the response. Yes ive read it can take time on various message boards, but nothing like this.

I think reinstall is my next option, ive finished career mode in terms of achievements, im just trying to get the last 5 i need before pcars2 comes out.

Need the affinty and beyond, 24 hour race, 50 online podiums then the community ambassador and earned all other achievements achievement. So a reinstall wouldnt be too problematic!

Just a right pain, messaged the pcars page on facebook but heard nothing back yet.

I hear ya, I'm lacking 5 community events to platinum the game.

Trying online racing for the first time today since I plan to platinum this game, and I have to say I'm not a fan of the rooms with cockpit view forced on you. I can't see anything aside from what is directly in front of me, which is why I never use it in any game unless I'm just cruising. But apparently it affects everyone else, 'cause the race was the worst crashfest I've ever seen. I didn't see a single driver manage to avoid incidents with others. I couldn't help but think why bother?

edit: I'm over the earlier frustration and will just avoid rooms that don't suit me.

On a separate note, I'm trying to get the time trial ghost trophy. I found a ghost on California Highway Reverse that I'm confident I can beat, but I'm hitting a huge snag that's more than disappointing. Shortly after the start, just after the first crossroads, no matter what part of the road I'm on I get a cut track penalty invalidating my lap. I want to know if there's a bug with the course, but I then wonder how anyone would be able to post times. I can't get my own ghosts to pop up anywhere, so this is kind of my only choice.

edit 2: Alright, so after some failed attempts, I noticed that it wasn't anything about the racing line. Apparently there are some random spots along the course that trigger a cut-track penalty if you are over a certain speed. I found a few places where I had to drop to 80 or 60 mph even though it's the middle of a long straight. I guess the owner of the ghost I was racing had the same issue, 'cause he seemed to just cruise the whole thing.

If anyone still needs the Exorcist trophy on PS4, then check out California Highway reverse in the road car category. There is a ghost that is very easy to beat so long as you remember the spots in which you need to slow to a crawl.

Last edited:
I recently re-installed Project Cars onto my Xbox One. I forgot how good the game looked! After playing Assetto Corsa for a while, it was refreshing to see this game in action.

I did the same at Ian Bell's recommendation having not played it since just a few weeks after launch. Version 10.0.0.198 is a lot better than the last version I played on.

I've very much changed my opinion of PC1 on Xbox and I'm looking forward to PC2 now.

Good job SMS. And thank you Ian.

Just got playing this again. I'm enjoying it more than the second one.

Did a 6 lap race around Outlon park in the Caterham's. It was great fun! Using the 'real time' function is the best Feature about Project Cars in my opinion.

It does certainly. I usually do a bit of time progression, I don't the time to do it in real time. Still very beautiful and all.

Hey, is Project CARS: Complete Edition at low price still worth it even though I have the sequel? I am that type of person that likes to experience the first game. In Project CARS 2, I spent 39.3 hours in Career Mode(completed 8 out of 29 motorsports) and 9.2 hours in online races(currently at A1227). However, if I decide to get Project CARS 1, I would only play it for Career Mode. So would it makes sense for me to just stick with pCAR2 since it is just an upgrade version of the first game but with more content?

Project CARS is only £7.99 in the UK PS Store, & can be found in the Games For Under £8 tab. It doesn't show up anywhere else though, even if you search for it.

VBR
Project CARS is only £7.99 in the UK PS Store, & can be found in the Games For Under £8 tab. It doesn't show up anywhere else though, even if you search for it.
It shows up if you browse any simillar racing games etc though. 👍

Latest Posts

Back