Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Ya that's a strange thing. Increments of 1 are only available using the mouse on PC :rolleyes:
So let's say 70% is too easy and 80% too hard and I am playing career on console, will I have to wait for a patch so I can play the career mode properly? The deeper we go into this generation of games the more I lose my faith in 3rd party developers.

When controlling the ingame menu with my wheel I can't use my ds4. How do I control the cam in photo mode (RS is supposed to do that)?! It seems like I can only use one device at a time.

Does anyone know where to find descriptions of the various Options settings? What is Throttle/Braking Deadzone? Decreasing/increasing does what to it? What is Bloom (in Visuals)? Etc.

(These are not all my questions; just few examples.)

I'm on PS4 with controller. I've found my comfort level with Controller Mode 2 and adjusting Brake/Throttle Sensitivity as needed. But if I can further adjust the settings to fit me perfectly, I will.

Not to bring up any fanboys, but what is wrong with the Xbox one version? Seems like many people are struggling with that version over any others?

My PS4 have a lot of space from all sides, no limited airflow. Vertically, yes. Rarely used, maybe 50 hours clocked since January.
But i`m not gonna limit my racing time because of it - when it melts then it melts :lol:
Alright. Try laying it down horizontally and see if that helps. Apparently, the PS4 seems to get hotter when standing vertically - I assume due to blocking the vents on the side.

I'd like to post some findings later on the UI and Options menus so is this a good place? or should I start a new thread?
When controlling the ingame menu with my wheel I can't use my ds4. How do I control the cam in photo mode (RS is supposed to do that)?! It seems like I can only use one device at a time.
yep, I've pointed this out too. don't think you can. got a pro tip though, use the brake pedal for slow mo action!

Not to bring up any fanboys, but what is wrong with the Xbox one version? Seems like many people are struggling with that version over any others?

Looks like a not updated XBONE controller can give oversensitive steering. Not sure if it's the only reason but it's definitely one of them.

Pre-ordered it a few months ago. Got email with tracking # two days ago, but no updates. Seems it hasn't even left the warehouse yet. Me wants now.

Loving the game so far....A real challenge!

Started career with the Clio Cup, AI on 80% and got a 5th and a 2nd in the first rounds at Donington....Lovely little car to drive!

I must say that i have already encountered 4 little bugs in the game: (I have posted them in the bugs thread already) Anyone here seen these problems too?

a) In second race of first round in career in the Clios at Donington i lost all the HUD without changing a thing....Made it difficult to follow the race and how many laps etc.

b) When i start a new race i have to turn on the Force Feedback on my Thrustmaster T100 wheel, as it turns itself off on the results screen after each race.

c) Aston Martin GT4 interior and dash display very dark at Donington, impossible to read info on dash display.

d) The subtitles (which you can't turn off for some reason) don't match what the pit engineer says at times.

Great game though!! :)

a) In second race of first round in career in the Clios at Donington i lost all the HUD without changing a thing....Made it difficult to follow the race and how many laps etc.

I thought I had the same problem but it turned out that I had just toggled to another HUD screen (D-Pad left by default on my T500RS) which happened to have no information on it, I think there are 4 that you can toggle through and customize for choice, could this be what happened to you?

Anyone try the Ford focus invitational yet? The car is undriveable, every other car I haven't had problems with just this one. Feels like a ballistic refrigerator, lol.

I thought I had the same problem but it turned out that I had just toggled to another HUD screen (D-Pad left by default on my T500RS) which happened to have no information on it, I think there are 4 that you can toggle through and customize for choice, could this be what happened to you?

It could be mate i'll check..... I reassigned a few buttons on the D pad, and on the wheel for pit request and something else.... Thanks for the advice! ;)

Anyone try the Ford focus invitational yet? The car is undriveable, every other car I haven't had problems with just this one. Feels like a ballistic refrigerator, lol.
I ran a time trial session with the Focus RS around Nordschleife last weekend and had no problem (H-shifter, all aids disabled). But maybe I wasn't driving fast enough :)

Yes. DHL. Post Girl arrived like always at 12:30.
I wasn't using prime. Regular delivery.
I'm so mad at DHL right now! At 3pm they randomly changed the status of my copy to '2nd delivery attempt'. There wasn't even a friggin' 1st delivery attempt! :banghead:
There has always been someone at home the whole day, and I didn't have a notification in my mailbox, so the DHL guy never showed up. My guess is he wasn't able to finish his route in time, punched in 'failed delivery atempt' in his reading device, and called it a day at the end of his shift without even entering my neighborhood.
And you can't even get a human being from DHL on the phone. Just a stupid computer voice telling you, you will receive your package the next day.
Was so pumped up to play tonight. :(
Anyway, I'll be complaining to Amazon about the recent DHL screw-ups...maybe I'll get a voucher out of this. :P

As you played both GT6 and PCars with the T300 now, would you say there is a big difference in feel (FFB, accuracy, response, and so on...)?

I ran a time trial session with the Focus RS around Nordschleife last weekend and had no problem (H-shifter, all aids disabled). But maybe I wasn't driving fast enough :)
Lol I had understeer on the starting grid. But it's more the wheel, I have to turn it past 90/100deg just to get it to turn. I don't have that problem in other cars.

I haven't got the game, trying to work out or not whether to get it. One thing that's bothering me is the cars look like they are an inch off the ground, when I've seen video of people driving with a wheel it looks more like they are driving a hover craft than a car.

Anyone who has the game, does it actually feel like that or does it actually feel like you're in contact with the ground?

I haven't got the game, trying to work out or not whether to get it. One thing that's bothering me is the cars look like they are an inch off the ground, when I've seen video of people driving with a wheel it looks more like they are driving a hover craft than a car.

Anyone who has the game, does it actually feel like that or does it actually feel like you're in contact with the ground?
You feel the contact. Don't worry.

sorry, how i redeem codes on the ps4?
i got the limited and preorder codes and put them on the dlc-projectcars.com site as indicated. they gave me another 2 codes.. where i put them?

thanks but neved used them
ps4 off course

sorry, how i redeem codes on the ps4?
i got the limited and preorder codes and put them on the dlc-projectcars.com site as indicated. they gave me another 2 codes.. where i put them?

thanks but neved used them
ps4 off course
DLC page on the Project CARS site I believe someone linked to it a few pages back.

I'm so mad at DHL right now! At 3pm they randomly changed the status of my copy to '2nd delivery attempt'. There wasn't even a friggin' 1st delivery attempt! :banghead:
There has always been someone at home the whole day, and I didn't have a notification in my mailbox, so the DHL guy never showed up. My guess is he wasn't able to finish his route in time, punched in 'failed delivery atempt' in his reading device, and called it a day at the end of his shift without even entering my neighborhood.
And you can't even get a human being from DHL on the phone. Just a stupid computer voice telling you, you will receive your package the next day.
Was so pumped up to play tonight. :(
Anyway, I'll be complaining to Amazon about the recent DHL screw-ups...maybe I'll get a voucher out of this. :P

As you played both GT6 and PCars with the T300 now, would you say there is a big difference in feel (FFB, accuracy, response, and so on...)?
Sorry to hear that story of yours. Keep your head up.

I am not that experienced but I think it feels more accurate in terms of car feeling. In gt it just rumbles. But I was playing gt5 only the last few days.
One thing that was very nice is when the 1M coupe looses grip and the tail comes out I can feel it better an react to it. If that makes sense to you.
I just came home from BK (xtra long chili cheese plus extra beef and cheese nuggets on top) so I have to rest now for an hour or two. Fress-Narkose! :) wish I could drive now. :D
Ill be back later.

Okay so I got the ps4 digital edition but don't seem to have the 5 legendary cars? Is anyone else having this problem? My friend has them but I don't yet I've downloaded the packs, anyone care to shed any light on this subject?

Back