Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
There's a unsung hero feature in Project Cars that not to many other games have. Try and guess what the feature is :)

I'll give you a hint? Its something you cant do in games like AC or DC :)

Really hope this feature returns in 2
Hate to quote myself :P but sadly this cool feature didn't return in pcars 2 :(

I've had Project CARS 1 on PC for the better part of 2018 I got it during one of Steams sales. I just decided to get into it, and play it with a wheel (I did the controller thing on my XB1), and it's not as horrible as I remembered.

I remember spinning in the go-Karts at nearly every turn. With the wheel (and a stable frame rate), I only brought the rear wheels around once. And that was because I was a bit tired. LOL.

I cant wait to move up from the Karts. If the Shifter Karts are this enjoyable, I cant wait to get into the cars. So far, good stuff.

The Karts are a blast! I'm going to run through to the end of the Karting Career, then I will move up. If that is how PCARS is structured. I remember I got a couple of deals by my 5th event, and right now I am on 3. But having a wheel this time around, I'm going to stick with the karts until I am defending my championship.

Oh I forgot there's the SuperKarts. Noted.

I have a founding love for the first Project Cars. I have the GOTY edition for the PS4.

Go Karts are fun as hell! One of my favourite things about the first Project Cars. The graphics are amazing, I genuinely enjoy being out on track it has such a nice feel to the game.

The gameplay is awesome and a lot of fun. From Go Karts, to Road Cars to Racing Cars!

Started getting into this game properly now. I pre-ordered it but was put off by all the bugs back in 2015. Been testing all the settings out, & understand how to set up most of the FFB options. Going through the menus & analysing what each & every option does (interesting). The way the tyres warm up, the weather changes, & most of all the brutal engine noise; nothing else compares to just hot lapping on the laser scanned circuits. My fav combo at present is the Evo X on Oulton Park; simply stunning.

:drool:

Hi folks I have had this game in my cupboard for an age and decided to give it a go.
How do I change the way the controller operates? I always have X for acceleration Square for braking O for handbrake but the configuration is completely different in this game. I found the button configuration but I can't see how to change it.
Any help would be appreciated.
And how do I turn that back ground menu music off?

Having solely been playing PC2 from release I’ve jumped back into PC1 and setup a one make RUF GT3 race at Oton Park . Absolute brilliant , It looks great and it sounds great with fantastic racing against the ai.

Think I might start another career , There’s something raw about PC1 that I prefer over PC2.

I also decided to hop back in PC1 after so much time on Forza and The Crew 2. I had the Complete Edition since I bought my PS4 when Crash N. Sane just came out. And I never used the code for the DLC's until today...

PCars has a still a lot that can be enjoyed. Some aspect of PCars2 are very different and I can easily understand someone will prefer the way it was in PCars. Their is a lot a similarities between the 2 titles but they are also so different that to me they are more like 2 different games than one beeing the sequel of the other. For the longest time, since I thought PCars2 was the sequel, I did not use PCars anymore, even uninstall it. I am glad I re-installed it. Even though I overall prefer the second version over the original I like some aspects better in the first itteration.
Like for example in VR in the 2, the water spray goes right trough the car but in the 1 it looks just fine. Also in the 2 we have giant puddles even in light rain making driving overly hazardous in my book, the 1 drives more realistically in the rain for me, so I prefer driving in the rain in the original version.

PCars has a still a lot that can be enjoyed. Some aspect of PCars2 are very different and I can easily understand someone will prefer the way it was in PCars. Their is a lot a similarities between the 2 titles but they are also so different that to me they are more like 2 different games than one beeing the sequel of the other. For the longest time, since I thought PCars2 was the sequel, I did not use PCars anymore, even uninstall it. I am glad I re-installed it. Even though I overall prefer the second version over the original I like some aspects better in the first itteration.
Like for example in VR in the 2, the water spray goes right trough the car but in the 1 it looks just fine. Also in the 2 we have giant puddles even in light rain making driving overly hazardous in my book, the 1 drives more realistically in the rain for me, so I prefer driving in the rain in the original version.

You’re spot on and I agree also fire up PC1 occasionally as I enjoy it.

Agree with the both of youse. I prefer the first Project Cars over the second. It plays better, and looks better in some aspects. Better when using a controller too. Unfortunately there’s not enough room for a steering wheel set up in my room so have to use a controller.

I miss a couple cars from the first game, but I couldn't get over the downgrade in oversteer physics and analog-stick steering to go back to playing PCARS1 over PCARS2.

I miss a couple cars from the first game, but I couldn't get over the downgrade in oversteer physics and analog-stick steering to go back to playing PCARS1 over PCARS2.

On my rig, in VR, with tactile and jack ffb file #6, pcars is very much enjoyable. I raced the Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged at Oulton park foster the other day and I had a blast.

Last edited:
Project cars 2 is £15 for the deluxe edition on psn, im feeling tempted... Ive downloaded the demo and found it a bit laclustre with the joypad despite hell of a lot of tinkering in the settings. Im wondering if there is a particular class of vehicle that is more playable (than those on the demo) any thoughts on this? I have no intention of getting a wheel which I believe is the best way to get some enjoyment from this particular title.

Project cars 2 is £15 for the deluxe edition on psn, im feeling tempted... Ive downloaded the demo and found it a bit laclustre with the joypad despite hell of a lot of tinkering in the settings. Im wondering if there is a particular class of vehicle that is more playable (than those on the demo) any thoughts on this? I have no intention of getting a wheel which I believe is the best way to get some enjoyment from this particular title.
I’m on a wheel, but played both Pcars with a DS4. Pcars1 was fine with a controller but Pcars2 not so much. It might of been me not setting controller up as much.
Check out the pcars2 pages and see if you can find a controller set up. GL man!

I’m on a wheel, but played both Pcars with a DS4. Pcars1 was fine with a controller but Pcars2 not so much. It might of been me not setting controller up as much.

I might wait for the next game in the series Ive been tweaking the demo set ups again (using youtube vids/forum posts), I can make it reasonable but its not enough to make it genuinely enjoyable. Im hoping codemasters will influence the quality of the next game, I adore dirt 2 physics.

I can share my pad setup with you - just hit me up here or PM if you still need it.
And agreed - pCARS1 way better on the pad.

I had PCars1 before on Xbox but left it alone for ages because of the bad handling on gamepad. Then a while ago I saw PCars 2 for free with Live Gold so I got it, joined this forum and messed with the settings and found I had ignored it for too long. So I thought I'll see if those settings transferred into PCars1 and I'm glad to say it totally did. Now I think that yes PC2 is an improvement in many ways but I do prefer the handling on PC1, it's less sensitive and I'm even going through the career mode. Preference is GT3 cars. I think PCars1 still stands up today and it's a shame no one's playing online. Thinking about getting a wheel but don't know when.

Just re installed pc1 and so many things on std ps4 at least that feel messed up in pc2 in comparison.

Graphics, sound, loss of grip, menus, even ai, ..at least the ai car model names show on a race menu, not just silly made up driver names.

Trying to tinker with ffb again, did manage to make it feel better on an aston martin gt4, to feel grip and weight shifting.
Then went back to pc2 to try same, but the ffb settings are limited there. Never thought id complain on the simpler ffb settings in a pcars game lol.

What a pain in the butt. It's like the devs didn't bother fix it and let the buyers do it.
Thank god for ac for that.

@Bloodytears -- I still have my PCARS1 settings saved. They're not the same as PCARS2, but I have not revisited PCARS1 in a long while either.
Code:
Input Mode 3

Steering Sensitivity:    25
Throttle Sensitivity:    45
Brake Sensitivity:       45

Speed Sensitivity:       50
Filtering Sensitivity:   50

Advanced:                ON
Soft Steering Damp.:     ON
Visual Filtering:       OFF
Opposite Lock Help:     OFF

Can anyone give a hint, while did made raw settings I really like, there is a trouble I can't figure out how to solve, and exactly why it happens. Using the same high Speed Sensitivity, on first input method, and having too much turn in at low speed, like under 100kmp. What is quite opposite from what should happens with those settings. Where I miss?

Lol, also have made my first ever lap at Nordschleife in Project Cars 1, without a single accident, and have my time registered: 7:35 in this gt1 Ruf. Magic, no other words, I thought it is impossible.

Nevermind, I have cured it with preload.

Also raced online a little, only 2-3 lobby available, with weird crowd playing Mario carts style of racing. Got to make through, for the trophies... hope for the best:).

I LOVEEE Pcars1 this title is amazing! :bowdown:I had delated It because I did not like the driving feel on DS4 pad and to make room for new titles. I got a wheel, got Pcar2 fell in love with it as well. I reinstalled it 2 days ago, I had those negative experience because I was on pad, this title requires you to have a wheel so you can realize it's full driving physics and simulation potential. So I'm back tracking from Pcars2 to 1, the improvements in driving physics and sim in part 2 are highly evident, as well as the new content. Despite Pcars2 being far superior in both aspects Pcars1 has the same level of excellence and quality.

Back