Project CARS GO Mobile Game Closed Beta Registration Now Available

The potential is there. It could even beat Real Racing 3 which I still consider the best mobile racer. Who knows. I hope they nailed the controls... Why do I even worry?
They could also name it Project CARS 4... giving the change of direction the series took it would fit perfectly. JK

If it's another scam ...err, i meant "game", based on the "free"-to-play monetization model like CSR2, Asphalt 9, Need for Speed No Limits and similar crap i don't even care - shame on them. Let's wait and see...

If it's another scam ...err, i meant "game", based on the "free"-to-play monetization model like CSR2, Asphalt 9, Need for Speed No Limits and similar crap i don't even care - shame on them. Let's wait and see...
F2P isn’t always bad. I thought Ace Combat Infinity was fantastic, and I do have fun with Pokémon GO, as well.

Maybe Project CARS Go, will just be PCARS 3 on mobiles, lol.

Just need to wait for the hardcore sim racers to cry foul again that the Project CARS name is being used in a non-sim title, lol.

Just need to wait for the hardcore sim racers to cry foul again that the Project CARS name is being used in a non-sim title, lol.
Nope.

People quite rightly said that it would have been much clearer if PC3 was not a numbered title in the series, but had been called (as it almost was) Project Cars Revolution.

This isn’t called Project Cars 4, but rather Project Cars Go, quite clearly not a numbered part of the series, so no issue.

As such the flame-bait comment is actually just a straw man.

You joke, but i'm almost certain it's just going to be slightly altered variant of PCars 3, it's basically a mobile game already anyway.

I've yet to see a racing game that's fully playable in offline beside Autosport and compatible on my 2018 Android phone.

I've yet to see a racing game that's fully playable in offline beside Autosport and compatible on my 2018 Android phone.
You mean Grid Autosport? Actually I was surprised to see it on Google Play. But doesn't that game have also a multiplayer option? Than how is it fully playable in offline?

You mean Grid Autosport? Actually I was surprised to see it on Google Play. But doesn't that game have also a multiplayer option? Than how is it fully playable in offline?

I think Rouward meant playing the game without any internet connection, many phone games these days like NFS No Limit requires constant internet to run.

I remember Real Racing 3 and CSR 2 could be played without internet connection back then, not sure about it now since I haven't touch these games for years.

I think Rouward meant playing the game without any internet connection, many phone games these days like NFS No Limit requires constant internet to run.

I remember Real Racing 3 and CSR 2 could be played without internet connection back then, not sure about it now since I haven't touch these games for years.
Yes, RR3 can be played offline. Uhm, but doesn't it go the other way too? Many phone games these days like Asphalt 8 don't require constant internet to run?

Yes, RR3 can be played offline. Uhm, but doesn't it go the other way too? Many phone games these days like Asphalt 8 don't require constant internet to run?

Asphalt 8 is playable without constant internet but Asphalt 9 is needs constant connection, newer games that I tried like Torque Drift and Mario Kart requires constant internet to play as well.

Nope.

People quite rightly said that it would have been much clearer if PC3 was not a numbered title in the series, but had been called (as it almost was) Project Cars Revolution.

This isn’t called Project Cars 4, but rather Project Cars Go, quite clearly not a numbered part of the series, so no issue.

As such the flame-bait comment is actually just a straw man.

Who are these 'people' and why should I care about what they say? Would PC3 be a better game if it had a different name? Would fans of PC1/2 instantly accept PC3 for what it is had it just been named 'correctly'? Is PC4 going to put it all 'right' again? When is that coming out, and will I need a PC to properly play it?

You may have 'no issue' because the mobile game isn't part of the numbered series, but GT Sport wasn't either, and how much time did people spend picking that game apart? There was no flame-baiting and stramanning then? Yeah, sure. It went on for over a year, and not once did I hear you make the 'not a numbered part of the series, so no issue' argument. I'd be willing to bet there were more posts (not topics) in the GTS section comparing it (unfavorably) AC and PC than there were threads in the two sections of the GTP forums dedicated to those games. You and your cronies were absolutely relentless about derailing threads, did you ever call out the anti-GTS crowd when they were tossing strawmen around?

Your beloved series has dropped an arcade game and a likely mobile money-sucker onto it's customer base in very quick succession, and it's not going over well with anyone. Considering all the boasts, Ian Bell is looking like a clown these days. Despite your best efforts here at GTP, neither AC or PC took much more than a nip from the (highly imperfect) juggernaut that is Gran Turismo. Can't you just eat your crow?

Who are these 'people' and why should I care about what they say? Would PC3 be a better game if it had a different name? Would fans of PC1/2 instantly accept PC3 for what it is had it just been named 'correctly'? Is PC4 going to put it all 'right' again? When is that coming out, and will I need a PC to properly play it?

You may have 'no issue' because the mobile game isn't part of the numbered series, but GT Sport wasn't either, and how much time did people spend picking that game apart? There was no flame-baiting and stramanning then? Yeah, sure. It went on for over a year, and not once did I hear you make the 'not a numbered part of the series, so no issue' argument. I'd be willing to bet there were more posts (not topics) in the GTS section comparing it (unfavorably) AC and PC than there were threads in the two sections of the GTP forums dedicated to those games. You and your cronies were absolutely relentless about derailing threads, did you ever call out the anti-GTS crowd when they were tossing strawmen around?

Your beloved series has dropped an arcade game and a likely mobile money-sucker onto it's customer base in very quick succession, and it's not going over well with anyone. Considering all the boasts, Ian Bell is looking like a clown these days. Despite your best efforts here at GTP, neither AC or PC took much more than a nip from the (highly imperfect) juggernaut that is Gran Turismo. Can't you just eat your crow?
If you don’t think I’ve mentioned it, then quite frankly you’ve not been paying attention.

I’ve mentioned It here, on the official forum, in tweets, on Facebook, on the official discord and on video on my channel.

What Has Happened to Project Cars Marketing?

And across all of those channels I’ve lost count of the number of other people who have mentioned it.

Rather it seems you have a bit of a personal issue with me and others and want to start some kind of odd gloating.

For the record, I’ve not only been critical of PC3, but been more than happy to acknowledge the faults of AC, ACC, PC and PC2, and strongly recommended that people not buy AC at its console launch because of its issues, and being little more than a hot lap simulator. Now have I pointed out the issues that exist with GTS? Damn right I have, just as I have for every title, I've also pointed out what GTS does better than other titles as well, you seem to want nothing but praise being mentioned for GTS, and that's not the way it works here at GTP, never has been. But don’t let those little facts get in the way of your flame-bait, as that’s what it is.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/your-assetto-corsa-reviews.349168/#post-11521415

Oh, and you seem to have missed that I'm more than happy to recommend GTS and talk about its pros (and its cons).

You’re not critiquing the game (I have and quite heavily, along with Ian and more so Nathan Bell) but a minority of the people who play it, lumping them in with the whole. That’s quite clear flame-bait.

Your post is also a straw man as it’s assigning a position to me that not based on reality, and then attempting to use it as a point to attack me.

Last edited:
I at least hope that we will be able to get Premium Currency for free like in Nitro Nation. I heard some very awful things about Forza Street and that really discouraged me from wanting to try that.

Oh, and please include Automatic Acceleration and Braking as Assists. It will be Mobile, after all.

I give it 2 years tops before SMS miss shooting themselves in the foot and hit their Femoral Artery instead. As someone in marketing I honestly think they need to ditch the Project CARS nomenclature if they continue down this path of self destruction. Project CARS 3 should have been Need for Speed Shift 3 and this mobile abomination is only serving to further cheapen the Project CARS brand.

What did Project CARS originally stand for? Community Assisted Racing Simulator. It was an effort to create a game funded by the end customers. With that being the case isn't it only natural that, in such a model, you have to listen to what your customer wants and give it to them? The fact is that they are the primary stakeholder in this operation, they were the source of the cash flow Nile. There is a certain acronym used in business, CIMITYM. Cash is more important than your mother. It means that without cash flow a business dies, just like how you and I would die without blood flow. For SMS the cash was flowing from the crowd and these people had high expectations as the series they personally funded, entered into its third instalment. It is a businesses duty to do right by these people and yet Project CARS 3 was released and the idea of caring about your customers died immediately. Just look at the comment section of any Project CARS 3 article or video and you will see that what I say is true.

Now as far as I am aware Project CARS 3 and GO are not Community Assisted properties, but that still leaves the Racing Simulator portion of the name which has been all but eradicated from these latest instalments via decisions like no more pitstops or the very existence of a Project CARS mobile game. Sure it is still a racing simulator in the sense that it uses an interactive medium of entertainment to recreate the act of auto racing, but it definitely isn't a racing simulator in terms of what the gaming populace considers a racing simulator. SMS needs to realize this sooner rather than later if they hope to save themselves. Who am I kidding of course they realize this, they just don't care.

Anyways there's my well past 2AM Project CARS rant . Hopefully the series can get back on the right track. Though if they do end up shooting their Femoral Artery, then I'll be there watching them bleed out, anticipating some new studio who can get the Project CARS idea right. I really enjoy playing PC2 from time to time, never played PC1, but it is truly a shame to see the series turn into a flaming train wreck over the last few months.

It was an effort to create a game funded by the end customers. With that being the case isn't it only natural that, in such a model, you have to listen to what your customer wants and give it to them?
How entitled one must be to come to that conclusion? They did all the work, all the scanning, modeling, programming, licensing, testing..... not the ones that help with funding. This is wrong with some fans today. Some are trying to influence the creators by putting shackles on them. Killing the creativity in the process. Criticism is healthy, demanding changes not... at all.
There is a certain acronym used in business, CIMITYM. Cash is more important than your mother. It means that without cash flow a business dies, just like how you and I would die without blood flow.
You must be joking right? This is wrong on so many levels. I even don't what to say. What is next? Cash is more important than my child?

Back