Project CARS GTP Wishlist

We have GT3, how about GT300? :D

030201.jpg

Well I thought this might be interesting, rules are that you must look at the categories of cars available https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-car-list.305494/
and suggest a car that you would like to see in that group, for example I like Vauxhall so I would say:
- 2012 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra - BTCC
- 1999 BTCC Vauxhall Vectra - BTCC Super Touring
Make sure there reasonable and balanced and don't spam a list cars that wouldn't fit into any potential series

Also what tracks would you like?

Car list
Formula A
• 2014 1.6L V6 Turbo

Formula Rookie
• 2013 Formula Ford - Mygale M13-SJ/Mountune

Formula E
• 2014 Formula E

LMP1
• Peugeot 908 2011
• Toyota TS040 Hybrid

LMP2
• Morgan-Pescarolo 01 (Now with 20% more british Oak tree!)
• Radical SR9
• Ligier Nissan

LMP3
• Ginetta - Juno

GTE/2
• Chevrolet Corvette GTE
• Ferrari 458 GTE
• RUF RGT-8 Totally not a Porsche GTE

GT3
• Chevrolet Camaro GT3
• Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
• Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
• Lexus RC F GT3 Concept
• Maserati GranTurismo MC GT3
• N.Technology P4/5
• SRT Viper GT3-R

GT4
• Donkervoort D8GT (What the hell is this?)
• Lotus 2-Eleven GT4
• Lotus Evora
• Maserati GranTurismo MC
• KTM X-bow R

TC3
• 2014 Audi S3 Saloon BTCC
• 2014 Audi A4 BTCC
• 2014 BMW 120i BTCC
• 2014 Chevrolet RML Cruze WTCC
• 2014 Citroen C-Elysée WTCC
• 2014 Honda Civic WTCC
• 2014 Mercedes A Class BTCC
• 2014 Lada Granta WTCC

TC4 (ADD ALL THE DTM!)
• Audi RS5 DTM
• BMW M4 DTM

Road A
• Ferrari La Ferrari
• Koenigsegg One:1 (Yobo car)

Road B
• Chevrolet Corvette Z06
• Ferrari 458 Italia
• Ginetta G60
• Maserati GranTurismo MC

Road C
• Abarth 695 biposto
• Chevrolet Camaro
• Honda Civic Type R
• Honda NSX
• Peugeot RCZ R
• Subaru WRX STi 2015

Group 5
• Lancia Montecarlo

Group C
• Mazda 787B
• Jaguar XJR9
• Porsche 962C
• Peugeot 905 EVO 1 BIS
• Toyota 88C and 89C-V

V8 Super Cars (ADD ALL THE AUSSIE V8'S AS WELL!)
• Holden Commodore
• Merced-Benz E63 AMG
• Volvo S60

2000 Super Touring
• BTCC Honda Accord
• BTCC Vauxhall Vectra
• BTCC Peugeot 406 Esso Ultron
• BTCC Ford (Prodrive?) Mondeo

Classic Touring Car
• Chevrolet Camaro
• Mini Cooper

Can-Am
• Shadow DN2 Turbo

Tracks
European
• Anderstorp
• Rockingham

North American
• Circuit of The Americas
• Montreal
• Long Beach
• Road Atlanta
• Sebring

South America
• Interlargos
• Lago Potrero de los Funes circuit

Asian
• Fuji

Historic
• Monaco
• Zandvoort
• Mosport
• Laguna Seca
• Watkins Glen
• Kyalami
• Estoril
I don't think I could add anything to that list..
Maybe a saleen s7r would be nice? ^^

As a kid I started racing in 4 stroke karts, and never thought I'd see the day when they'd be in a major videogame...and done right. Well that day has arrived and now we need this in Project Cars. The physics and the karts are already in place, all they need is the motor and the sound. And Reiza absolutely nailed the sound with this, absolutely beautiful. I will buy this game just to drive these karts:lol:

Once again we think the same JP 👍, my biggest reason to buy SCE also. The slow start speed, that little lawnmower engine with it's distinctive sound. Prefer this above the faster karts.

Cars:
Lexus LFA
Nissan GTR Nismo
Toyota TS020
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C7)
MG MGB GT V8
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Panoz Abruzzi
Peugeot 205 T16
Dodge Viper (Team Orcea)
Audi R15
2016 Honda NSX
Ford GT40 MK1 (Gulf Racing)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6
Peugeot 908
Nissan GTR LM Nismo

Cars:
Lexus LFA
Nissan GTR Nismo
Toyota TS020
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C7)
MG MGB GT V8
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Panoz Abruzzi
Peugeot 205 T16
Dodge Viper (Team Orcea)
Audi R15
2016 Honda NSX
Ford GT40 MK1 (Gulf Racing)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6
Peugeot 908
Nissan GTR LM Nismo

+ ts030/ts040
a few more group c's like the 787B and the 905
and your list is pretty great

Not everyone likes fast modern race cars the most, I personally love the classic sports cars you can find in GT6. It's a completely different driving experience, slower cars with nostalgic interiors yet sometimes really difficult and challenging to handle and each having very unique characteristics, both aesthetic and in handling.

Just to name a few :
European: Alpine A110, Ferrari Dino, Lamborghini Miura, Lancia Stratos
American: Shelby Cobra, Dodge Challenger, Plymouth Superbird, Ford GT40

Before someone jumps right in stating I should just play GT6, at the moment I am doing exactly that. GT6 has a very diverse offering of cars but it has some shortcomings as well, mainly the pathetic sound quality takes away a lot of the driving experience. So I keep an eye on Project CARS as well because the game does look gorgeous in many aspects, it just needs classic sport cars. :D

Not everyone likes fast modern race cars the most, I personally love the classic sports cars you can find in GT6. It's a completely different driving experience, slower cars with nostalgic interiors yet sometimes really difficult and challenging to handle and each having very unique characteristics, both aesthetic and in handling.

Just to name a few :
European: Alpine A110, Ferrari Dino, Lamborghini Miura, Lancia Stratos
American: Shelby Cobra, Dodge Challenger, Plymouth Superbird, Ford GT40

Before someone jumps right in stating I should just play GT6, at the moment I am doing exactly that. GT6 has a very diverse offering of cars but it has some shortcomings as well, mainly the pathetic sound quality takes away a lot of the driving experience. So I keep an eye on Project CARS as well because the game does look gorgeous in many aspects, it just needs classic sport cars. :D
I agree on your car list + many more, but I do wonder if those cars are more popular to us who frenquent message boards vs. people playing the game. I look at all the popular combinations in RSR Live Timing for AC and it's chock full of modern race cars with only one classic car entry, the Lotus 49 at Monza 66'. I would have thought that the Ruf Yellowbird would have been a popular car given how much fun it is to drive or the E30, but they and the other street cars just aren't popular for the time trials at least.

I agree on your car list + many more, but I do wonder if those cars are more popular to us who frenquent message boards vs. people playing the game. I look at all the popular combinations in RSR Live Timing for AC and it's chock full of modern race cars with only one classic car entry, the Lotus 49 at Monza 66'. I would have thought that the Ruf Yellowbird would have been a popular car given how much fun it is to drive or the E30, but they and the other street cars just aren't popular for the time trials at least.
Could it be difficulty and driving aids?

Could it be difficulty and driving aids?
If the cars are popular, they are popular in part because they are more difficult to drive no? If driving the Yellowbird or F40 was like driving a slower version of the 458 it would never leave my garage. My impression is from my limited AC experience so far, that street cars just aren't popular for racing. Even when you go through the servers looking for somewhere to race, you rarely see any street cars listed at all except on "track day" servers. I daresay it'll be much the same in Project Cars so if we want more street cars we're going to have to make some effort to race them and use them in TT's and such.

Believe me, this doesn't make me happy, I'd much rather race something older and slower as I think it makes for better racing overall, I just wonder whether the popularity of older cars and street cars rests mainly with a minority of posters on a fansite vs. those that are actively playing the game in large numbers.

Well I think that people who prefer classic sports cars, road cars or slower cars in general are maybe not all that interested in competitive racing but they are more into cruising over the track and just enjoying the ride.

For me personally a racing game has basically 2 experiences or 2 "modes" so to call it, a competitive one and an immersive one. For example I could do a lap around the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 2 different ways :

competitive mode:
- high speed, fast modern race car tuned to the top by one of the best online tuners out there
- road / speedometer camera for the best overview
- fast shifting, either AT or MT sequential with 2 pedals
- HUD switched on for all the extra info I can get
- some assists on, some off... depends
- I'm in a competitive "pumped up" mode to do the lap as fast as I can
- good adrenaline rush
- I care a lot how fast I do the lap compared to other players

immersive mode:
- classic sports car in stock form, no tuning whatsoever
- driver / helmet / cockpit camera for the best immersion
- real shifting, for classic cars that means MT clutch with 3 pedals
- HUD off
- assists off
- I'm in a much more chill and relaxed racing mode but still aware of the car and it's handling
- I don't really care how fast I do the lap, except if I do it multiple times I just want to improve myself and compare to myself.

It's just two very different ways to play the game. In the example of GT6 I do the time trial seasonals more in competitive mode while I do the race seasonals more in immersive mode since they are very easy to win anyway.

Personally I like immersive mode more than competitive mode, but it requires the proper cars as well. Cruising around the Nordschleife in a fast racing car in immersive mode is just not nearly the same as doing it in an XJ13 or Cobra 427. :)

it all depends on the nature of the beast I guess, I'm not really that competitive by nature.

Back to Project CARS the majority of the cars seem to be suited for competitive mode while the list of cars I would take for a ride in immersive mode is rather small. There are still a few though, the Ford Mark IV for example.

Last edited:
Well I think that people who prefer classic sports cars, road cars or slower cars in general are maybe not all that interested in competitive racing but they are more into cruising over the track and just enjoying the ride.

For me personally a racing game has basically 2 experiences or 2 "modes" so to call it, a competitive one and an immersive one. For example I could do a lap around the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 2 different ways :

competitive mode:
- high speed, fast modern race car tuned to the top by one of the best online tuners out there
- road / speedometer camera for the best overview
- HUD switched on for all the extra info I can get
- some assists on, some off... depends
- I'm in a competitive "pumped up" mode to do the lap as fast as I can
- good adrenaline rush
- I care a lot how fast I do the lap compared to other players

immersive mode:
- classic sports car in stock form, no tuning whatsoever
- driver / helmet / cockpit camera for the best immersion
- HUD off
- assists off
- I'm in a much more chill and relaxed racing mode but still aware of the car and it's handling
- I don't really care how fast I do the lap, except if I do it multiple times I just want to improve myself and compare to myself.

It's just two very different ways to play the game. In the example of GT6 I do the time trial seasonals more in competitive mode while I do the race seasonals more in immersive mode since they are very easy to win anyway.

Personally I like immersive mode more than competitive mode, but it requires the proper cars as well. Cruising around the Nordschleife in a fast racing car in immersive mode is just not nearly the same as doing it in an XJ13 or Cobra 427. :)

it all depends on the nature of the beast I guess, I'm not really that competitive by nature.
That's entirely possible, let's hope that if it is, SMS has a way of collecting data to see what cars are most used even when driving solo.

Maybe age has also something to do with it? I'm now 39 and in my 20s I was generally only interested in the fastest modern futuristic-looking supercars out there. My love for classic sports cars is something of the more recent years. I think it's definitely an age thing because those classics, they remain classics forever and you start to realise and appreciate that. Those cars also have a history, either a successful one (eg. GT40) or a failed one (eg. XJ13), it's still a rich history. As for modern sports cars and hyper cars, in 5 years or so they are replaced by a newer model or version anyway so I do lack quite a bit of appreciation for them. Having that said, I do enjoy an immersion ride in a Huayra well. :)

Another reason why high-end modern race cars might be more popular than classic cars is just because they are faster. It's also the nature of humanity to want to long for the best out there, also for race cars. If you want to do competitive racing you want the fastest car out there to do the fastest lap with it. At least for most people... ;)

Why is the Bugatti Veyron such a hyped up car in race games? Because it is (was) the fastest production road car out there. So people want to drive that instead of an older and slower car. Again... for most people. ;)

Last edited:
Cars:
Nissan GT-R gt500
Honda HSV-010
Deltawing
RUF yellow bird
Ferrari GTO
Ferrari F40
Lamborghini Miura
Ferrari 250 GTO
Toyota TS040
Toyota 88c-v
Nissan R92CP
Nissan GT-R LM Nismo
Jaguar XJ13
Porsches (but I know EA have the rights)

Last edited:
This may sound a little random lol, but I'd really like the FIA European Truck Racing Championship to be included, or something similar.

I know it's Project CARS and a truck isn't a car, but PCars covers such a wide range of disciplines, personally I think trucks would be an interesting addition. A completely different driving experience compared to GT or LMP cars.

Am I the only crazy one who thinks this could be good? lol

p.s. I'm a truck driver, so racing one would be great rather doing 56mph max all day long!

Last edited:
that (horse)power, that bumpy track, people standing next to the track... INSANE!! Lovely to watch this.
I have no idea why this never caught on in the US. Given the history of NASCAR, it seems to me like this is more NASCAR than what NASCAR is today. It is the racing version of Dukes of Hazzard.

This may sound a little random lol, but I'd really the FIA European Truck Racing Championship to be included.

I know it's Project CARS and a truck isn't a car, but PCars covers such a wide range of disciplines, personally I think trucks would be an interesting addition. A completely different driving experience compared to GT or LMP cars.

Am I the only crazy one who thinks this could be good? lol

p.s. I'm a truck driver, so racing one would be great rather doing 56mph max all day long!
No trucks, no drag racing,no drift,no rally,no fast and the furious,hell I hope they get rid of the real street cars personally. I would like a "RACING"Sim for racers.

I have no idea why this never caught on in the US. Given the history of NASCAR, it seems to me like this is more NASCAR than what NASCAR is today. It is the racing version of Dukes of Hazzard.
I believe that would be what Stadium trucks are about.

I believe that would be what Stadium trucks are about.
Yes, to a point, but cars have always been the focal point. Racing trucks in any form is just a perversion of the natural state of racing cars.

I just wonder why France decided in the 40s to sanction races for their "souped up" cars on dirt oval tracks instead of real dirt/asphalt circuits. I guess to draw and contain a crowd?

The problem might be that this is just to dangerous. For drivers and spectators! That's why they cut down the hp and have people sit on benches behind and behind guardrails!

If you're honest, we love the thrill, but it's gonna be/should be safe!

Anyway... The Internet gives you so much videos... Watch them!

Edit: just my 2 cents...:

Yes, to a point, but cars have always been the focal point. Racing trucks in any form is just a perversion of the natural state of racing cars.

I just wonder why France decided in the 40s to sanction races for their "souped up" cars on dirt oval tracks instead of real dirt/asphalt circuits. I guess to draw and contain a crowd?
Yeah NASCAR started by a bunch of Moonshiners running on a beach,we still have dirt ovals over here, as well as super speedways etc,etc,etc,how's that French oval working out now?

Back